Does anyone of you think the world can change?

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Caroline
 
Reply Mon 12 Oct, 2009 04:03 pm
@BeatsMeWhy,
How do you mean not necessarily please? Thanks, I got to go to sleep so tomorrow. Thankds and good night.
 
TickTockMan
 
Reply Mon 12 Oct, 2009 04:24 pm
@Caroline,
Caroline;96981 wrote:
How do you mean not necessarily please?


People don't necessarily know this:

Caroline;96978 wrote:
Well if the people want something then surly they know they must vote a person who will reflect/represent their opinions and values.


They like to imagine that this will be the case, but it doesn't always happen that way.
 
Caroline
 
Reply Mon 12 Oct, 2009 04:31 pm
@BeatsMeWhy,
I think people can be made aware and thus vote, it's easy. Hey it past my bedtime, good night Peace out.
 
Leonard
 
Reply Mon 12 Oct, 2009 08:07 pm
@BeatsMeWhy,
The way it is right now, it doesn't seem like anything will change.
 
Caroline
 
Reply Tue 13 Oct, 2009 01:26 am
@BeatsMeWhy,
Well Leonard it's down to us, each individual, we all have a resonsibillity towards are children to do something or to change, all of us.
Thanks.

---------- Post added 10-13-2009 at 03:41 AM ----------

Education is the key, educating the public, you all can do it and it will spread. People will be acceptable to it as a lot of the public would like peace and for their children especially in this current political climate.
Thanks and peace out.
 
Pathfinder
 
Reply Tue 13 Oct, 2009 06:31 am
@BeatsMeWhy,
Its going to take an effort that will be made on the heels of a terrible global catastrophe I'm afraid.

Humanity is like a lazy cow in the middle of the road when it comes to moving.
 
Caroline
 
Reply Tue 13 Oct, 2009 09:03 am
@Pathfinder,
Pathfinder;97143 wrote:
Its going to take an effort that will be made on the heels of a terrible global catastrophe I'm afraid.

Humanity is like a lazy cow in the middle of the road when it comes to moving.

What makes you think that, nothing is certain, I'm hoping we will wake up before that. Because it's on a global scale it makes things more difficult/complicated to come together, (unite), and sort this mess out before it's too late. I think a leader from each country should all meet and start discussing this sooner, (now), rather than later as it is in everyones interest, to survive that is, don't you agree Pathfinder?
Thanks.
 
TickTockMan
 
Reply Tue 13 Oct, 2009 09:32 am
@Caroline,
Caroline;96988 wrote:
I think people can be made aware and thus vote, it's easy. Hey it past my bedtime, good night Peace out.


Many people who are aware of voting choose not to, as they feel it will make no difference, or because they don't understand the issues. Should they be told how to vote?

Caroline;97112 wrote:
Well Leonard it's down to us, each individual, we all have a resonsibillity towards are children to do something or to change, all of us.
Thanks.

---------- Post added 10-13-2009 at 03:41 AM ----------

Education is the key, educating the public, you all can do it and it will spread. People will be acceptable to it as a lot of the public would like peace and for their children especially in this current political climate.
Thanks and peace out.


Educating the public about what, in specific? How can we all do it, if not all of us are educated?
 
Caroline
 
Reply Tue 13 Oct, 2009 11:41 am
@BeatsMeWhy,
I educate as I go along, you do all you can. Many people believe that by not voting it doesn't get counted but the last I heard it does, it just goes to the party that is currently in power.

---------- Post added 10-13-2009 at 12:41 PM ----------

Educate them in the truth.
Thanks.
 
TickTockMan
 
Reply Tue 13 Oct, 2009 12:13 pm
@Caroline,
Caroline;97218 wrote:
Many people believe that by not voting it doesn't get counted but the last I heard it does, it just goes to the party that is currently in power.


Where did you hear this?

---------- Post added 10-13-2009 at 12:28 PM ----------

Caroline;97218 wrote:
Educate them in the truth.


Which is . . . . . what?
 
josh0335
 
Reply Tue 13 Oct, 2009 12:28 pm
@TickTockMan,
TickTockMan;97234 wrote:
Where did you hear this?


I think she meant if you don't vote then nothing will change i.e. the ones in power essentially get your vote.

I think change will only come through an amazing event, perhaps a catastrophe on a huge scale.
 
Caroline
 
Reply Tue 13 Oct, 2009 12:36 pm
@TickTockMan,
TickTockMan;97234 wrote:
Where did you hear this?

When I went to college many moons ago, I've studied politics.

TickTockMan;97234 wrote:
Which is . . . . . what?

Depends what you're discussing, hit me with something and I'll try to give you the truth if I can.
Thanks.

josh0335;97239 wrote:
I think she meant if you don't vote then nothing will change i.e. the ones in power essentially get your vote.

I did, thanks.

josh0335;97239 wrote:
I think change will only come through an amazing event, perhaps a catastrophe on a huge scale.

I sincerely hope not, for mankinds sake.
Thanks.
 
TickTockMan
 
Reply Tue 13 Oct, 2009 12:51 pm
@Caroline,
Caroline;97241 wrote:

Depends what you're discussing, hit me with something and I'll try to give you the truth if I can.
Thanks.


The truth of whatever you were discussing when you said that we should "educate them in the truth."
 
Caroline
 
Reply Tue 13 Oct, 2009 12:55 pm
@BeatsMeWhy,
Ok politics then. I'm not a politician TickTock and I haven't studied it in years but I do follow it in the news. I guess a more direct question in the subject would be a good discussion point for starters.
Thanks.
 
TickTockMan
 
Reply Tue 13 Oct, 2009 02:57 pm
@Caroline,
Caroline;97249 wrote:
Ok politics then. I'm not a politician TickTock and I haven't studied it in years but I do follow it in the news. I guess a more direct question in the subject would be a good discussion point for starters.
Thanks.


I'm unsure what you are saying. You have made numerous references to something you are calling the truth. I was simply wondering what truth it is that you are talking about. You offered no specifics. I'm asking for specifics.
 
Caroline
 
Reply Tue 13 Oct, 2009 03:16 pm
@BeatsMeWhy,
I need something more specific. Truth can't stand on it's own as truth, I mean seek the truth in everything and everybody.
Thanks.

---------- Post added 10-13-2009 at 04:18 PM ----------

It starts from within.
 
TickTockMan
 
Reply Tue 13 Oct, 2009 03:20 pm
@Caroline,
Caroline;97291 wrote:
It starts from within.


What starts from within?
 
Caroline
 
Reply Tue 13 Oct, 2009 03:21 pm
@BeatsMeWhy,
The truth TickTock.

---------- Post added 10-13-2009 at 04:22 PM ----------

Be true to oneself and it will reflect on to others.
 
TickTockMan
 
Reply Tue 13 Oct, 2009 03:49 pm
@Caroline,
Caroline;97294 wrote:
The truth TickTock.


Again, the truth of, or about, what?

You said you needed specifics, but you are only offering generalities.
 
Caroline
 
Reply Tue 13 Oct, 2009 04:07 pm
@BeatsMeWhy,
Be true to yourself and everything else will follow, if you want pacifics then you'll have to be more specific. I can't say anymore than that. Thanks.
Goodnight.
 
 

 
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/28/2024 at 10:47:32