Does anyone of you think the world can change?

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

manored

Reply Tue 16 Mar, 2010 07:59 am
@itsalljustbs,
itsalljustbs;139942 wrote:

Thought and action are interlinked though I do believe some actions are thoughtless in so much as your neurons to react without active thought much like you do when you blink or your heart takes a beat.

You do not think about these actions and you could not stop them by active thought though some yogi's would disagree.
But should these actions be called actions? =)

bsfree;139947 wrote:

I agree completely. I feel we are on a cusp of evolving consciousness (aren't we always?) that will propel humankind into a new era of social awareness that will reject the notion of money as the only means of survival and distribution of assets.
Without the third party influence of money, and the concentrated power of its influence, we will begin to percieve each other as human entities, rather than human extensions of monetary power source.
I dont think eliminating money is necessary, people only need to realize that money isnt what life is all about =)

Unless accumulating money is fun for you, that is.

itsalljustbs;140043 wrote:
Our society is designed by the rich to benefit the rich and supported by the majority (regular people) out of fear and complacency and only by keeping the majority tied to the slavery of the present economic system can the 1% of society that are rich maintain their power.
I dont think society was designed to be this way, this is the result of a prolonged state of "wilderness". something analogous to natural selection happens, where the rich mantain power and the poor are ruled upon.

Perhaps our civilization needs to be more civilized =)

north

Reply Thu 18 Mar, 2010 11:25 pm
@manored,
the World can change , if the powers that be believe in there own Humanity

there are plentity of people that give of themselves ( thanks by the way:D )

its those in power , no matter how little or large which can change things ?

whats more important ;

Humanity or god in the end ?

probably god , that is disturbing

wayne

Reply Thu 18 Mar, 2010 11:52 pm
@BeatsMeWhy,
The world can change, and it will, for better or worse
It is people that seem unable to change. We are still doing the same stupid things to each other that we did thousands of years ago, we've just refined the art.
Is this just our nature and we have to accept it. Or can places like this web site help us to know and love one another in spite of and because of our differences ? Can we give up our pride and show one another our weaknesses?
Do we really think that government can change us?
Are we ready to say to our neighbor, we were wrong?
Are we willing to share?
Can we stop keeping score?

bsfree

Reply Fri 19 Mar, 2010 10:30 am
@BeatsMeWhy,
Wayne, you raise a lot of valid points. I think if the word "I" were substituted for the the words "we & our" you may have answered your own questions.
There is a movement called Zeitgeist that addresses these concerns and is active in promoting meaningful alternates. Here is a link to a short overview of their philosophy.
Travis Walter Donovan: The Zeitgeist Movement: Envisioning A Sustainable Future

Pepijn Sweep

Reply Fri 19 Mar, 2010 05:56 pm
@itsalljustbs,
itsalljustbs;140043 wrote:
Our society is designed by the rich to benefit the rich and supported by the majority (regular people) out of fear and complacency and only by keeping the majority tied to the slavery of the present economic system can the 1% of society that are rich maintain their power.

To reject that system and reverse that imbalance of power a person must break all ties to society that support the present economic system.

I have accomplished some of that by building my own small cabin so I do not have house payments, operating my own business instead of working for other people, growing and raising my own food so I have to buy very little, and bartering instead of using cash for many things.

I still have to pay property taxes and buy some things I can not produce but I have found some freedom and through my efforts I have helped many others to do the same thing.

I am hopeful that this will lead to a revolution of people that have a new vision of what wealth and happiness and freedom really means.

When enough people are able to do this then they will have the support to gain positions in seats of authority like county and city councils, mayors, state representatives, and eventually the presidency.

With that power I hope laws and codes will change to benefit those that want to live a simple life free from the economic and political pressure to conform.

It is a big dream but all revolutions in history started with just a few dreamers!

It were angry Parisian women walking to the palace in Versailles to get the King to something. No dreamers.

So/ciety means working-producing to/gether. Personally I would love a farm. I might start 5 years from now or sooner. But frankly we also need dentists, clothes, power and communities.

Once y are President )USA) I bid. will you plow the Rose/Gardens to grow weed -
What would Jackie say !Laughing

manored

Reply Sat 20 Mar, 2010 11:38 am
@wayne,
wayne;141200 wrote:
It is people that seem unable to change. We are still doing the same stupid things to each other that we did thousands of years ago, we've just refined the art.
Is this just our nature and we have to accept it. Or can places like this web site help us to know and love one another in spite of and because of our differences ? Can we give up our pride and show one another our weaknesses?
Are we willing to share?
Well, refining the art is something. Hacking the bank account of someone certainly sounds better than cracking their head open with the closest hard object =)

bsfree;141253 wrote:
Wayne, you raise a lot of valid points. I think if the word "I" were substituted for the the words "we & our" you may have answered your own questions.
There is a movement called Zeitgeist that addresses these concerns and is active in promoting meaningful alternates. Here is a link to a short overview of their philosophy.
I mostly agree with that philosopy. Actually, im happy it exists, Im feeling less looney now =)

wayne

Reply Sat 20 Mar, 2010 12:09 pm
@bsfree,
bsfree;141253 wrote:

Excellent link. Maybe a beginning, although I foresee much difficulty in solving some very large problems. You are absolutely correct on the value of the word "I", that is the real beginning.

bsfree

Reply Sat 20 Mar, 2010 03:43 pm
@BeatsMeWhy,
Funny thing, I have been writing for years on addressing the "problem", even put up a non-commercial website as my "contribution" to the human vs nature vs each other bs going on. Anyway, I had seen the Zeigeist movie a few years ago and dismissed it as a conspiracy flick, didn't pay that much attention. Just over a week ago a friend who'd just returned from 5 months on their boat in Mexico lent me Zeitgeist Addendum, I then checked the site and was blown away that an actual movement existed, unknown to me, while I'm plodding along thinking I'm the only one who felt this way. My friend told me that many of the boaters down their were very interested in this way of thinking after watching it.
Anyway, point's gotta be that there is a better way for us to exist as a global whole, all we have to do is "think" it for it to actually happen.
Good Luck.

Pepijn Sweep

Reply Sat 20 Mar, 2010 04:31 pm
@manored,
manored;141611 wrote:
Well, refining the art is something. Hacking the bank account of someone certainly sounds better than cracking their head open with the closest hard object =)

I mostly agree with that philosopy. Actually, im happy it exists, Im feeling less looney now =)

:bigsmile:All ways make sure people have enough to eat & play.

Trade in sur-plus production; domestic production most important. Try buying USA Converse / Nike / Merills
Chinese measurements suck really; 1/2 a size off, at least.:whistling:

manored

Reply Sun 21 Mar, 2010 11:13 am
@Pepijn Sweep,
Pepijn Sweep;141719 wrote:
:bigsmile:All ways make sure people have enough to eat & play.
Yep. Is there anything else people need? =)

bsfree;141694 wrote:

Anyway, point's gotta be that there is a better way for us to exist as a global whole, all we have to do is "think" it for it to actually happen.
Good Luck.
I believe so as well, though I dont think it will be happening anytime soon. It probally wont happen until we have the mentioned "super administrator computer".

I think one of the best proofs of that capitalism isnt ideal is the fact that in some regions we must keep automatization down to a minimum in order to give everyone jobs. Thats stupid, if machines make there be little work to do, then a lot of people should work a little, rather than having just one work a lot while the rest starve, wich is how things work in capitalism.

north

Reply Mon 22 Mar, 2010 02:06 pm
@wayne,
wayne;141200 wrote:
Are we willing to share?

GOOD points

inotherwords have we , HUMANITY MATURED ?

Pepijn Sweep

Reply Mon 22 Mar, 2010 02:22 pm
@north,
north;142265 wrote:
GOOD points

No. We have less people able to read complex information. We are 90% depending on electricity/gas and computersystems control our daily life. Un-explanable power-failures occur more often.

Nobody can do calculus by heart since PC is there. Even my neigbour (math. Phd) ccouldn't calculate the seconds in a day. Can You?

IMo I think Humanity is on the way of a split. Leading to two classes and more polairity in politics. It will become more in-stabable. The western world should get of her meditation cushion or sofa or Desk-Chair to see what is really going on.

My few might be gloomy but I believe a good grasp of history and ideas of the Renaissance will make people proud of Humanity. With thanx to Is-lam who carried also the Light of our civilization. Like the Olypics !

Pepijn Sweep'sLaughing

manored

Reply Tue 23 Mar, 2010 07:08 am
@north,
north;142265 wrote:
GOOD points

Yes. This is probally the first era where many have access to almost any know thing they may want to know.

Pepijn Sweep;142271 wrote:
No. We have less people able to read complex information. We are 90% depending on electricity/gas and computersystems control our daily life. Un-explanable power-failures occur more often.
When in history have we had more people able to read complex information? I mean, for most of history, most people couldnt even read =)

In Ancient Rome, people who could multiply were considered mathematicians

Depending on things is not necessarly bad. Depending on walls to keep the barbarians out seems better than depending only in your sword and fighting skills =)

Power failures didnt really exist before our era.

Pepijn Sweep;142271 wrote:

Nobody can do calculus by heart since PC is there. Even my neigbour (math. Phd) ccouldn't calculate the seconds in a day. Can You?
Off course I can, and im an young person who grew up using computers. How can someone receive a phd in math without being able to multiply by heart is beyond me =)

there are 76,400 seconds in a day.

Pepijn Sweep

Reply Tue 23 Mar, 2010 07:27 am
@manored,
manored;142523 wrote:
Yes. This is probally the first era where many have access to almost any know thing they may want to know.

When in history have we had more people able to read complex information? I mean, for most of history, most people couldnt even read =)

In Ancient Rome, people who could multiply were considered mathematicians

Depending on things is not necessarly bad. Depending on walls to keep the barbarians out seems better than depending only in your sword and fighting skills =)

Power failures didnt really exist before our era.

Off course I can, and im an young person who grew up using computers. How can someone receive a phd in math without being able to multiply by heart is beyond me =)

there are 76,400 seconds in a day.

There are like 10,000 seconds missing, or you made a mistake.
Keeping the Babarians out is done in China, Roman Empire and Germany. What progress is made ?

Now Western Civilization will take a turn. A fair price for a fair World. Get used to Power-shortages.Laughing

manored

Reply Wed 24 Mar, 2010 07:22 am
@Pepijn Sweep,
Pepijn Sweep;142531 wrote:
There are like 10,000 seconds missing, or you made a mistake.
Well I didnt use paper =)

Keeping the Babarians out is done in China, Roman Empire and Germany. What progress is made ?
There are no more barbarins for one, only militias. Militias arent a whole civilization who depends of plundering others, what is nice =)

Now Western Civilization will take a turn. A fair price for a fair World. Get used to Power-shortages.Laughing
I dont think that will be necessary, because in the next 20-30 years we will either:

A) Explode ourselves
B) Find out how to make cheap solar plants
C) Find out how to extract enough energy from a cup of water to keep London going for a week.

chad3006

Reply Tue 20 Apr, 2010 11:48 am
@manored,
manored;142973 wrote:

I dont think that will be necessary, because in the next 20-30 years we will either:

A) Explode ourselves
B) Find out how to make cheap solar plants
C) Find out how to extract enough energy from a cup of water to keep London going for a week.

I think you forgot one:

D) Just peter-out

longknowledge

Reply Tue 20 Apr, 2010 07:20 pm
@chad3006,
E) Become slaves to the elite.

Check thisout! :saddened:

Richardgrant

Reply Tue 20 Apr, 2010 11:25 pm
@wayne,
wayne;141628 wrote:
Excellent link. Maybe a beginning, although I foresee much difficulty in solving some very large problems. You are absolutely correct on the value of the word "I", that is the real beginning.

Wayne you are spot on with the word ' I '. this is an all inclusive word meaning omnipresent. I now no longer judge any person place or thing where I see no differences. At this level of consciousness which I call the material world, there is no God or love, I see this as an expression of WHO I AM.

I liken this material world to the ocean where every wave and current is expressing the One ocean, Richard is doing that now as each and every person place thing and circumstance is expressing WHO I AM.

Nothing real is ever created, and there are no two things in creation, there is no past or future, eternity is here and now. Richard

Understanding

Reply Wed 21 Apr, 2010 01:56 am
@BeatsMeWhy,
We change and the world changes. When the world changes it affects every "I" currently residing on the planet. Humanity IS changing the world as well. The problem is that the change consists of a lot of things that aren't in the best interest of the health of our plantet or its residents. All is being sacrificed to this tool we made up called money.

In order to change the world there MUST be a global change of consciousness. Is it possible?? Of course it is. Throughout history we have seen it happen. There was a global change in consciousness when Columbus sailed across the ocean. Everyone "knew" the world was flat, and that knowledge was blown out of the water. The new understanding opened a lot of possibilities.

To change the world we merely have to uncover the lies that we believe are "knowledge."

manored

Reply Wed 21 Apr, 2010 11:57 am
@chad3006,
chad3006;154550 wrote:
I think you forgot one:

D) Just peter-out
I dont think humanity can vanish except with a big, radioactive BANG or a similar disaster. Our current civilization? Sure, that can come down easy, but people frequently commit the mistake of thinking that the end of our civilization would be the end of humanity. Like those people who were saying that the economic crisis was the end of the world =)

longknowledge;154692 wrote:
E) Become slaves to the elite.

Check thisout! :saddened:
That wouldnt solve the energy problems =)

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/24/2024 at 11:25:49