Does anyone of you think the world can change?

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

manored

Reply Tue 13 Oct, 2009 05:42 pm
@Caroline,
Pathfinder;96930 wrote:
Now THAT is the 64 thousand dollar question!
I think they were 42 thousand dollars, actually...

Caroline;96933 wrote:
Well that's the key, I guess most people, ie,the public would like peace.
How would that peace be achieved? Another matter for discussion =)

Caroline;96935 wrote:
It started out with good intentions. Any system has to be corruption proof so it has to be regulated by several different agencies such as each country, to prevent this.
I dont trust countries as representators of humanity very much, because they arent "even" divisions of humanity. For example 1/6 of the world's population is in China, yet its nearly as big as the europe. If each country gets one voter, 1/6 of the world's population has one vote... Even if votes get power proportional to the population behinds then, that still means some people get their votes scraped, more on more populous countries. I think a "global government" should have direct representation, that is, people vote for it just like they do for their own countries.

BMW;96955 wrote:
Because I don't feel the urge to do so. It must be one of those evolutive things Razz.
Evolution sucks sometimes, doesnt it? =)

BMW;96955 wrote:

If you are selfish you certainly will do what you think is better for you. If you figure your best option is to go assaulting other people, you will. I simply think maybe it really is not the best option.
It depends of how ambitious and willing to take risks you are, stealing is always easier than producing but is also always riskier. We would need to make stealing absurdly risky. Maybe in the future we will have the technology or logistical ability to make that happen.

BMW;96955 wrote:

Well, I think we might develop alternative strategies. It seems that it is not easy to change them once you are an adult.

By the way, I cannot think of something, or even some circumstance that, if removed or avoided, would prevent us from learning to lie. Unless the absolute lack of success whenever we try to.
I think the very knowledge of what information is and that it can be false is enough to allow you to lie. Off course, you can still come to believe its impossible to lie winhout getting caught... but we tend to try things that failed again ever so often...

Caroline;97112 wrote:
Well Leonard it's down to us, each individual, we all have a resonsibillity towards are children to do something or to change, all of us.
Thanks.

---------- Post added 10-13-2009 at 03:41 AM ----------

Education is the key, educating the public, you all can do it and it will spread. People will be acceptable to it as a lot of the public would like peace and for their children especially in this current political climate.
Thanks and peace out.
I wonder what should be teach, though, and how to out-perform those who oppose our ideas. I suspect that a discrete and slow influence will work better in the long run than active pushing. People are suspicious against those who try to tell then what is right.

Pathfinder;97143 wrote:
Its going to take an effort that will be made on the heels of a terrible global catastrophe I'm afraid.

Humanity is like a lazy cow in the middle of the road when it comes to moving.
I love that comparsion =)

I think a terrible global catastrophe is likely to happen, but I dont think it will make humanity move and change things, I think it will cleanse the world in such a manner that the old, outdated ways of humanity will be eliminated, allowing it to rebuild itself in a better way.

Caroline;97218 wrote:
I educate as I go along, you do all you can. Many people believe that by not voting it doesn't get counted but the last I heard it does, it just goes to the party that is currently in power.
In Brazil voting is mandatory, but you can choose to vote to nobody "nule vote" or to send a vote to whoever is winning at the moment "white vote".

I think she is talking about truthfullness, as in: If you want the truth, be truthfull. What truth? Any you are searching.

Caroline

Reply Wed 14 Oct, 2009 01:15 am
@BeatsMeWhy,
I think TickTock that as far as politics are concerned, well I believe a balance is needed between Conservatism and Liberal/Labour, not too tight, (Conservative), and not too loose, (Labour/Liberal), they all help to balance it out. Take the team of mods I was once on, we had members that were obvioulsy on the right and other members who were obvioulsy on the left and some in the middle, and when discussing certain things and making certain decisions, a balance was found for the outcome or the decision made by this system, it does work as it helps to keep each side in check,ie, not too tight and not too lose.
Thanks.

---------- Post added 10-14-2009 at 02:20 AM ----------

Teaching should start in school about respecting our environment and sex eduacation to stop teenage preganancies, the UK has the highest figure of teenage pregnancies, what does that tell you? The education in schools is not helping to prevent teenage pregnanicies and birth control is not being accessed properly by these kids.

Richardgrant

Reply Wed 14 Oct, 2009 01:25 am
@BeatsMeWhy,
Yes I have discovered how to change the world, as Russell says we must deal with the cause. I AM the creator of all that is, the universe is within me, what I see out there is an expression of my own consciousness.

So if I see something I do not like, I change it from within my own self, and the outer will change. It is important that I let all judgement go, this gets rid of blame. We live in a thought wave universe made up of thought waves of motion, we make the mistake of thinking what we have created is real, when it is only an idea of our imagination.

Nothing real is ever created, the inner world of cause is the real world, Richard

jeeprs

Reply Wed 14 Oct, 2009 02:32 am
@BeatsMeWhy,
the world is nothing but change. Especially now. Rate of change is greater now than at any time in history. You should study the Old Stone Age. It lasted almost 500,000 years. During this time, people learned how to slightly modify a stone axe.

Pathfinder

Reply Wed 14 Oct, 2009 05:29 am
@Richardgrant,
Richardgrant;97360 wrote:
Yes I have discovered how to change the world, as Russell says we must deal with the cause. I AM the creator of all that is, the universe is within me, what I see out there is an expression of my own consciousness.

So if I see something I do not like, I change it from within my own self, and the outer will change. It is important that I let all judgement go, this gets rid of blame. We live in a thought wave universe made up of thought waves of motion, we make the mistake of thinking what we have created is real, when it is only an idea of our imagination.

Nothing real is ever created, the inner world of cause is the real world, Richard

So YOU"RE the one responsible for this mess eh? Let's keelhaul him!

Arjuna

Reply Wed 14 Oct, 2009 08:43 am
@Richardgrant,

I feel my "innards" unravel when reading this... that's a good sign. I agree with what you said. Maybe some attached ideas:

You're playing chess with your friend. One of your knights wakes up because he sees his impending doom two moves away. His awakening is a result of the crisis. He says: Hey! Is this all there is to me? To be stuck here waiting to be tossed aside no matter what trail I go down? What is the source of me? Why do I have to always go in an L shape path? Why can't I go diagonal if I want to?

The knight, when asking about his greater reality, is asking about his existence in you. How could he understand the true nature of his situation? How could he see that YOU can move the knight diagonally, but then, you wouldn't be playing the game anymore. You have to follow the rules to play the game. No doubt, this fragment of you, now awakened, can proceed on learning and developing past the form of a chess knight. Maybe he can eventually become a chess player himself.

But for now, he must be a chess knight. He is bound to this form until it's time for him to move on. It's too much to ask that he understand everything about his situation when his form is still a little plastic horse. Smile

TickTockMan

Reply Wed 14 Oct, 2009 10:59 am
@Caroline,
Caroline;97357 wrote:
I think TickTock that as far as politics are concerned, well I believe a balance is needed between Conservatism and Liberal/Labour, not too tight, (Conservative), and not too loose, (Labour/Liberal), they all help to balance it out. Take the team of mods I was once on, we had members that were obvioulsy on the right and other members who were obvioulsy on the left and some in the middle, and when discussing certain things and making certain decisions, a balance was found for the outcome or the decision made by this system, it does work as it helps to keep each side in check,ie, not too tight and not too lose.
Thanks.

Noble ideas, but would they work?

Caroline

Reply Wed 14 Oct, 2009 11:26 am
@BeatsMeWhy,
I don't know until it's tried but why wouldn't it?
Thanks.

Bhaktajan

Reply Wed 14 Oct, 2009 01:35 pm
@BeatsMeWhy,
irony~duplicity~stupidity~hubris~hypocracy . . .

The following statement is sincere and not just a whimsical attempt to be a provocature.

As long as the cows are killed & eaten by humans ---there cannot be world peace.

The cow is sacred solely because aesthetically the cow is
Mother of agrarian culture. The Bull is the oxen power best suited for plowing fields.

The Mother supplies milk-based foodstuffs and the ox plows the fields.

Aside from these priorities all sorts of enterprises may be pursued ---but any & all such supra-mundane priorities have & will again lead to confligations.

The last century is a text-book study of this maxim.

Bhaktajan

TickTockMan

Reply Wed 14 Oct, 2009 02:01 pm
@Caroline,
Caroline;97417 wrote:
Thanks.

What would you call this system of government that you propose?

Caroline

Reply Wed 14 Oct, 2009 02:07 pm
@BeatsMeWhy,
Em, don't know, haven't thought about it, UN is still a good one, (name).
Thanks.

---------- Post added 10-14-2009 at 03:09 PM ----------

Or United Parties! How about that?

TickTockMan

Reply Wed 14 Oct, 2009 02:16 pm
@Caroline,
Caroline;97457 wrote:
Em, don't know, haven't thought about it, UN is still a good one, (name).
Thanks.

---------- Post added 10-14-2009 at 03:09 PM ----------

Or United Parties! How about that?

It all sounds very democratic. I vote we go for it!

manored

Reply Wed 14 Oct, 2009 02:26 pm
@Caroline,
Caroline;97357 wrote:

Teaching should start in school about respecting our environment and sex eduacation to stop teenage preganancies, the UK has the highest figure of teenage pregnancies, what does that tell you? The education in schools is not helping to prevent teenage pregnanicies and birth control is not being accessed properly by these kids.
Considering what I know about UK, Although I admit to not know much about its education system, I think teens either dont mind having children early or dont pay enough attention to what they are doing.

If all that is created is created by us, then what we created is real, as well as our imagination. Otherwise we will have to scrap the word "real" =)

Now, to avoid scraping the world "imaginary" we can say imaginary is that wich we created but decided to keep within our inner zones rather than letting escape to our outer zones.

jeeprs;97363 wrote:
the world is nothing but change. Especially now. Rate of change is greater now than at any time in history. You should study the Old Stone Age. It lasted almost 500,000 years. During this time, people learned how to slightly modify a stone axe.
True, it all depends of how efficiently information travel. In the stone age people hardly had languages, lived in small groups and had short lives with usually violent ends. Aka: It was very hard for someone to discover something relevant and succesfully transmit it to enough people so that the discovery didnt die out.

Caroline;97417 wrote:
Thanks.
My best bet is: radicals who dont concede a blade of grass. too little chaos is bad, but too much chaos is also bad =)

Bhaktajan;97449 wrote:

As long as the cows are killed & eaten by humans ---there cannot be world peace.
I dont see the relation between cow-eating and wars.

TickTockMan

Reply Wed 14 Oct, 2009 02:40 pm
@manored,
manored;97463 wrote:

I dont see the relation between cow-eating and wars.

That's because there isn't one, although some might choose to believe there is.

Bhaktajan

Reply Wed 14 Oct, 2009 02:43 pm
@BeatsMeWhy,
"I dont see the relation between cow-eating and wars."

Great then I have found a venue here to explain;
"How to achieve world peace"

There is a direct relation between cow-eating and wars!

This may be news to you. It is a sublime truth that needs to be understood.

It is not about the Cow's 'rights' ---it's about incurring what I like to call "Funky Karma" [in sanskrit the term for "Funky Karma" is 'ugra-karma']

Cow-eating causes 'ugra-karma' and thus wars are the most efficient way to accomplish ugly "karmic-reactions enmass", thus accomplishing multiple "paybacks" simulateuosly with minimum effort.

Thos embroiled in war are experiencing "karmic-reactions enmass" ---reaping the 'funky' fruits of their labors preformed during "Peacetime".

I am not a PETA person and I don't give a fig for the animals "Rights".

Cow protection & vegetarianism is all about avoiding "funky-karma".

---------- Post added 10-14-2009 at 08:49 PM ----------

Quote:
TT wrote:That's because there isn't one, although some might choose to believe there is.[/[/B]

HEY TT,
It is a subject matter beyond your capacity.

Why do you think you can insult me without forcing me to get HEAVY WITH YOU!

Pathfinder

Reply Wed 14 Oct, 2009 04:48 pm
@TickTockMan,
TickTockMan;97461 wrote:
It all sounds very democratic. I vote we go for it!

It may interest you and caroline that I should be able to post within the day a thesis on exactly what she is talking about and what you are taunting her about, lol. Keep an eye out for it.

TickTockMan

Reply Wed 14 Oct, 2009 04:58 pm
@Pathfinder,
Pathfinder;97501 wrote:
It may interest you and caroline that I should be able to post within the day a thesis on exactly what she is talking about and what you are taunting her about, lol. Keep an eye out for it.

I look forward to it with great glee.

Caroline

Reply Wed 14 Oct, 2009 05:35 pm
@Pathfinder,
Pathfinder;97501 wrote:
Let me guess you think it doesn't work? Because it can as I've demonstrated wiht my example in op.
Thanks.

manored;97463 wrote:
Considering what I know about UK, Although I admit to not know much about its education system, I think teens either dont mind having children early or dont pay enough attention to what they are doing.

Alot get pregnant to get away from their familes becauce they get a council flat, high numbers of teens do this.

manored;97463 wrote:
My best bet is: radicals who dont concede a blade of grass. too little chaos is bad, but too much chaos is also bad =)
Who's metioning radicals, I'm talking about the ones already in power.

Pathfinder

Reply Wed 14 Oct, 2009 05:46 pm
@Caroline,
Caroline;97513 wrote:
Let me guess you think it doesn't work? Because it can as I've demonstrated wiht my example in op.
Thanks.

Caroline why don't you let me make my popst before u jump to conclusions, u may be surprised.

---------- Post added 10-14-2009 at 06:47 PM ----------

TickTockMan;97507 wrote:
I look forward to it with great glee.

Tick man, u are sooo full of it! lol

TickTockMan

Reply Wed 14 Oct, 2009 05:51 pm
@Caroline,
Caroline;97513 wrote:
Thanks.

I can't seem to locate the example you provided. Can you refresh my memory?

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/26/2024 at 11:56:02