Truth

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

kennethamy

Reply Sat 20 Mar, 2010 09:35 am
@froach,
froach;141541 wrote:
can you trust your preception?

whats so funny, everything LaughingLaughingLaughing

In general, yes. And even when we discover that we have made a mistake in perception, we trust perception to tell us we have made a mistake. Otherwise, how would be discover that we had made a mistake? But I guess my sense of humor is deficient. I still don't see what is funny.

wayne

Reply Sat 20 Mar, 2010 10:39 am
@kennethamy,
kennethamy;141559 wrote:
In general, yes. And even when we discover that we have made a mistake in perception, we trust perception to tell us we have made a mistake. Otherwise, how would be discover that we had made a mistake? But I guess my sense of humor is deficient. I still don't see what is funny.

I am laughing with delight, I find sudden changes in my perceptions to be humorous , humor like. But, true it is not really humor.
I am still laughing. LaughingLaughingLaughing

froach

Reply Sat 20 Mar, 2010 10:53 am
@wayne,
kennethamy;141559 wrote:

maybe its only my perception that see's funny side?Laughing

kennethamy

Reply Sat 20 Mar, 2010 10:57 am
@wayne,
wayne;141584 wrote:
I am laughing with delight, I find sudden changes in my perceptions to be humorous , humor like. But, true it is not really humor.
I am still laughing. LaughingLaughingLaughing

Funny what people find funny.

froach

Reply Sat 20 Mar, 2010 11:04 am
@kennethamy,
whats even funnier what people don't find funny:lol:

kennethamy

Reply Sat 20 Mar, 2010 11:12 am
@froach,
froach;141597 wrote:
whats even funnier what people don't find funny:lol:

Many people do not find the prospect of their own death funny. Do you find that funny? Neither do they find the possibility of some disaster happening to their child funny. Do you find it funny that they don't? If you do, I find that sad.

froach

Reply Sat 20 Mar, 2010 11:15 am
@pondfish,
yes that's funny, the way people waste their energy on if but's or maybe's

kennethamy

Reply Sat 20 Mar, 2010 11:23 am
@froach,
froach;141601 wrote:

O.K. There are some people who just can't help laughing when they go to funerals, even of those they loved. (Maybe, though, you don't mean "funny" ha-ha, but "funny" peculiar. In that case, the LOL stuff is very misleading).

froach

Reply Sat 20 Mar, 2010 11:31 am
@kennethamy,
maybe its your perception thats misleading:lol:

kennethamy

Reply Sat 20 Mar, 2010 11:39 am
@froach,
froach;141608 wrote:
maybe its your perception thats misleading:lol:

What "perception" is that? There are two meanings of the word, "funny". I think you are just mixing them up. For instance if someone says, "Isn't it funny that John isn't here yet? He usually is right on time" I don't think that he is ready to carry a LOL sign around. Do you?

froach

Reply Sat 20 Mar, 2010 12:21 pm
@kennethamy,
maybe thats why he isn't on time because he is a way to get it Laughing

Fido

Reply Sat 20 Mar, 2010 12:24 pm
@froach,
froach;141494 wrote:
why are they unsupported blank statements?

liar? doesn't it take one to know one?

Sure; I lie... Everybody lies, and everyone tells the truth, but some people only tell enough of the truth to cover their lies, and that is not me...I want to communicate...What people communicate is truth, and if it is not truth it is not commuication, but a form of injustice since all people need the truth, enough truth, which as a form of relationship we should be able to count on others for...lt does not matter if our words are not up to the task... I have spent a large part of my life communicating with signals rather than words, and they have their drawbacks too, but we have the ability with repetition of key elements to build up a sense of truth regardless of the weakness of any single part of the process of communication...

---------- Post added 03-20-2010 at 02:27 PM ----------

froach;141601 wrote:

I know I have wasted some energy on one particular but, but then, it is perfection...

---------- Post added 03-20-2010 at 02:28 PM ----------

kennethamy;141612 wrote:
What "perception" is that? There are two meanings of the word, "funny". I think you are just mixing them up. For instance if someone says, "Isn't it funny that John isn't here yet? He usually is right on time" I don't think that he is ready to carry a LOL sign around. Do you?

LOL sign or crucifix; we all get hung up on something...

froach

Reply Sat 20 Mar, 2010 12:30 pm
@Fido,
you sure it truth that people communicate and not honesty?

and in saying that just because someone is honest does it make it the truth?

---------- Post added 03-20-2010 at 02:45 PM ----------

Fido;141633 wrote:

LOL sign or crucifix; we all get hung up on something...

now that is funny:lol:

Reconstructo

Reply Sat 20 Mar, 2010 01:54 pm
@Arjuna,
Arjuna;140427 wrote:
Yes. People tend to live in what I think of as little dramas. The drama is a little pattern seeking it's ending. When you drop out of your own drama, other peoples' become apparent. What I think though, is that this is a drama now... my writing this. Someone said: discerning the Lord of Illusion, one seeks to become his master. And this is a joke. You always have been. He answers your call. Tell him to show you the truth, and he will. Tell him to show you his trick, and he will. And yet, with everything you say, you speak his language. Without him, you would not exist at all. This is the kind of servant he is. He's God's engineer.

Truth equates to life. Cogito ergo sum!Smile

This is beautiful. Thanks!

pondfish

Reply Sat 20 Mar, 2010 03:24 pm
@pondfish,
Honesty has diffferent levels. People can be honest with respect to their belief. That is not honesty. That is just admitting their belief.

If you are hardcore honest , you will have no belief so what so ever. Another way to express is that you are open minded with loose set of beliefs just keep the others happy than making yourself happy.

Making yourself happy is not needed because there is no belief to make happy. Smile

Pepijn Sweep

Reply Sat 20 Mar, 2010 05:53 pm
@froach,
froach;141636 wrote:
you sure it truth that people communicate and not honesty?

and in saying that just because someone is honest does it make it the truth?

---------- Post added 03-20-2010 at 02:45 PM ----------

now that is funny:lol:

:bigsmile:But not true to me...:nonooo:

froach

Reply Sat 20 Mar, 2010 06:32 pm
@Pepijn Sweep,
might get back to you on that abit :perplexed:

Rwa001

Reply Sat 20 Mar, 2010 10:37 pm
@froach,
Ok, I understand this whole topic is just a nonsense game, but it doesn't even work. There isn't a way to prove that truth doesn't exist, but there is a way to prove that truth does exist, which I will again attempt to show (and probably be ignored) at the end of this post. But first:

Quote:
liar? doesn't it take one to know one?

This isn't true at all. There isn't even reason to believe this is true. While most people will admit that they have told lies, that doesn't mean that it is necessary that one must be a liar to know when someone is not telling the truth.

As for the nonexistence of truth:

This sentence has been considered.

I mean, come on, the thesis of this topic is a joke that a logic professor might play on his freshman class.

pondfish

Reply Sun 21 Mar, 2010 03:09 am
@Rwa001,
You need to understand ,

Truth is obvious.

It is always in front of you.

Humans are refused to see it.

Why?. You have to find your own reasons.

if i explained with words , you believe or do not believe that crap.

Best way out is asking questions not answering with another belief.:detective:

froach

Reply Sun 21 Mar, 2010 03:34 am
@Pepijn Sweep,
Pepijn Sweep

no wonder I was a bit:perplexed: looking at someone else belief too closely
I might aswell :brickwall: trying to work out what someone else means

time for a question :detective:

what did you mean?

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/05/2024 at 09:30:07