Truth

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Zetherin

Reply Fri 19 Mar, 2010 02:15 pm
@pondfish,
pondfish;141288 wrote:
Nothing is true. it is all beliefs anyway. You all are just masturbating with words.

Word is a lie.

...then why waste your time typing in this thread? Fascination? Entertainment?

HexHammer

Reply Fri 19 Mar, 2010 02:21 pm
@Zetherin,
pondfish wrote:

Nothing is true. it is all beliefs anyway. You all are just masturbating with words.

Word is a lie.

Zetherin;141296 wrote:
...then why waste your time typing in this thread? Fascination? Entertainment?
To enlighten? I assume we all can have our say in here, as long as it is within the borders of the etiquette.

Imo there are truth and lies, just that such things are rare, and often are very subjective.

Zetherin

Reply Fri 19 Mar, 2010 02:23 pm
@HexHammer,
HexHammer;141297 wrote:
[/I]
[/I]
To enlighten? I assume we all can have our say in here, as long as it is within the borders of the etiquette.

When did I say someone can't have their say? That is the second time you have misunderstood me in two days.

I am inquiring, if he believes nothing to be true, what he is intending to do here. If someone wishes to enlighten, doesn't that come with the implication that they themselves have some understanding of something that is true? But he has blatantly stated nothing anyone says can be true.

:shocked: It just strikes me as odd that he believes we are all lying to him. I'm a bit offended. Why aren't you? At the least, isn't what he says a bit strange to you? Especially the bit about not being human, oh man.

Rwa001

Reply Fri 19 Mar, 2010 02:24 pm
@pondfish,
It is true that an action took place when I typed this sentence.

Zetherin

Reply Fri 19 Mar, 2010 02:25 pm
@Rwa001,
Rwa001;141299 wrote:
It is true that an action took place when I typed this sentence.

Evidently not, according to pond. Nothing you just typed was true, or can be true.

Rwa001

Reply Fri 19 Mar, 2010 02:28 pm
@pondfish,
If there were no action, there could be no sentence. If there were no sentence, there could be no response. I love my hypothetical syllogisms. ~A > ~B, ~B > ~C, C, therefore B + A.

froach

Reply Fri 19 Mar, 2010 02:29 pm
@Zetherin,
:brickwall:Laughing

Zetherin

Reply Fri 19 Mar, 2010 02:29 pm
@Rwa001,
Rwa001;141303 wrote:
If there were no action, there could be no sentence. If there were no sentence, there could be no response. I love my hypothetical syllogisms. ~A > ~B, ~B > ~C, C, therefore B + A.l

But remember:

Everything you just stated or hypothesized is wrong by default. You cannot possibly speak of what is true.

HexHammer

Reply Fri 19 Mar, 2010 02:31 pm
@Zetherin,
Zetherin;141298 wrote:
When did I say someone can't have their say? That is the second time you have misunderstood me in two days.

I am inquiring, if he believes nothing to be true, what he is intending to do here. If someone wishes to enlighten, doesn't that come with the implication that they themselves have some understanding of something that is true? But he has blatantly stated nothing we say can be true.

:shocked: It just strikes me as odd that he believes we are all lying to him. I'm a bit offended. Why aren't you?
Maybe I express myself in a poor way, which I appologize for ..it is not my intend to offend you.

If you skuld a rock for not being able to speak or move, then "siese and desist", think about my topic which got heavily bashed, the problem is for this site, is that people doesn't have to base their statements on facts nor sience, they can babble all they want, it's not really an offence to speak from an imaginary viewpoint contray a sience site, where such nonsens would be subject for ban in the long run.
This is why many good topics imo are worn down by nonsens and weird philosophers.

kennethamy

Reply Fri 19 Mar, 2010 02:36 pm
@pondfish,
pondfish;141288 wrote:

Word is a lie.

But some beliefs are true. For example, the belief that London is the capital of the United Kingdom is true.

Zetherin

Reply Fri 19 Mar, 2010 02:36 pm
@pondfish,
HexHammer wrote:
Maybe I express myself in a poor way, which I appologize for ..it is not my intend to offend you.

No, you did not offend me. I was referring to him. And I was only joking anyhow, don't worry about it.

Quote:
If you skuld a rock for not being able to speak or move, then "siese and desist", think about my topic which got heavily bashed, the problem is for this site, is that people doesn't have to base their statements on facts nor sience, they can babble all they want, it's not really an offence to speak from an imaginary viewpoint contray a sience site, where such nonsens would be subject for ban in the long run.

You're right, it is not an offense to speak nonsense on this site. That's most certainly clear - go in almost any thread and you'll find an example. However, it's perfectly fine to criticize what other people say. It is alright, and encouraged (by me), to call people out on their nonsense, especially if you can teach them a thing or two. I personally think he should read a few of our most recent epistemological threads, in order to become less confused.

froach

Reply Fri 19 Mar, 2010 02:38 pm
@kennethamy,
london isn't the capital of the united kingdom

do you what want to start a war:lol:

Rwa001

Reply Fri 19 Mar, 2010 02:38 pm
@HexHammer,
Quote:
But remember:

Everything you just stated or hypothesized is wrong by default. You cannot possibly speak of what is true.

I understand that is 'true' (ugh) in the confines of his argument. But then clearly we have a contradiction. In his view of how things are we can have both A and ~A, which means we can have anything and everything we want, including truth. His argument is internally inconsistent, rendering it useless. There is no escaping the consequences of inconsistency even if we are playing by his rules.

I understand this is a fruitless endevour, I've participated in enough of them in my philosophical studies. But at the end of the day, his argument is inconsistent and has no basis as propositions must have the ability to be true or false for our world (or anything else) to function, or even exist.

Even at the most basic counter argument we have the Cogito from Descartes. If there is something thought, then there must be a thinker. Therefore something must exist, and something must be true.

There is no escape! Either truth exists or nothing exists.

Pepijn Sweep

Reply Fri 19 Mar, 2010 03:57 pm
@froach,
froach;141311 wrote:
london isn't the capital of the united kingdom

do you what want to start a war:lol:

De-unite the whole thing. Westminster can house an English Parelement; Scotland, Whales and Cornwall/Devon should be autonomous. The Prince of Kent should live in St. James and hold Court.

I do not know what happened to the Picts and the Scots.

What War you're referring to ? Y want to win or to loose ?

PSH:bigsmile:

froach

Reply Fri 19 Mar, 2010 04:00 pm
@Pepijn Sweep,
is the university of whales know as a school:lol:

Pepijn Sweep

Reply Fri 19 Mar, 2010 05:32 pm
@froach,
froach;141333 wrote:
is the university of whales know as a school:lol:

No, it is called Atlantic College. Whales have a bigger brain in general.:devilish: Than a single student I mean... Not that it matters in this College.

pondfish

Reply Fri 19 Mar, 2010 09:12 pm
@pondfish,
London do not exist , united kingdom do not exist. If one exist , everything exist. Think.

Ask questions , never agree or disagree. Smile

Pepijn Sweep

Reply Sat 20 Mar, 2010 12:36 am
@pondfish,
pondfish;141404 wrote:
London do not exist , united kingdom do not exist. If one exist , everything exist. Think.

Ask questions , never agree or disagree. Smile

:perplexed: What happened to Saxon Kingdoms ? What happened to the lands of Morgan Fay ?

Why we have "nation:states ? What a'bout multi-people Union in Europe ?

Why Quebec is still part of British Dominions?

Yust some Questions; scilly thoughts:nonooo:

pondfish

Reply Sat 20 Mar, 2010 01:20 am
@Pepijn Sweep,
Fix your keyboard or fix some dying neurons in your brain or STOP typing in the dark room. Laughing

Pepijn Sweep

Reply Sat 20 Mar, 2010 02:40 am
@pondfish,
pondfish;141442 wrote:
Fix your keyboard or fix some dying neurons in your brain or STOP typing in the dark room. Laughing

First of All me key-board is fine. It is Windows changing my language settings, repeatedly. Wish for new OS...

My neurons are in-deed quickly dying. Can not fix it, will not fix it if it involves stem-therapy and un-born children. Rather be demented and true to myself.

Finally I can promise U I never type in a dark room. At Home I fancy candles. Bee-wax is running out, there goes an-other pleasant smell.:poke-eye:

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.3 seconds on 04/26/2024 at 05:46:21