Truth

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Fido
 
Reply Sun 4 Apr, 2010 05:18 am
@pondfish,
The truth is a lie...It depends entirely upon our perception of it...No people means no truth...No you, means no truth... Forget fundamental truths of a universe we can know not at all, and look for enough truth to get you through your life, or if pressed, through the next ten minutes...At some point, truth is life, the greatest lie, offered and denied, and after that, silence..
 
wayne
 
Reply Sun 4 Apr, 2010 05:28 am
@Fido,
Fido;148158 wrote:
The truth is a lie...It depends entirely upon our perception of it...No people means no truth...No you, means no truth... Forget fundamental truths of a universe we can know not at all, and look for enough truth to get you through your life, or if pressed, through the next ten minutes...At some point, truth is life, the greatest lie, offered and denied, and after that, silence..


That just seems so sad and empty, even friendships would have no meaning.:saddened:
 
Fido
 
Reply Sun 4 Apr, 2010 06:47 am
@wayne,
wayne;148160 wrote:
That just seems so sad and empty, even friendships would have no meaning.:saddened:

Life is all meaning, all truth... Other people, friends, even enemies are all we have, and after that, death, nothing, no meaning....Enjoy it while you got it... Do not worry about truth as some thing absolute and eternal...You have all the truth you need inside your own skin, and better for you if you can keep your truth without taking anyone else's truth... See what I mean??? All you need is enough...
 
Pepijn Sweep
 
Reply Sun 4 Apr, 2010 06:14 pm
@Fido,
Fido;148184 wrote:
Life is all meaning, all truth... Other people, friends, even enemies are all we have, and after that, death, nothing, no meaning....Enjoy it while you got it... Do not worry about truth as some thing absolute and eternal...You have all the truth you need inside your own skin, and better for you if you can keep your truth without taking anyone else's truth... See what I mean??? All you need is enough...


I gree with Fido. It's about being a Yust person now. Truth will come in the End.
 
north
 
Reply Tue 6 Apr, 2010 07:57 pm
@Fido,
Fido;148158 wrote:
The truth is a lie...It depends entirely upon our perception of it...No people means no truth...No you, means no truth... Forget fundamental truths of a universe we can know not at all, and look for enough truth to get you through your life, or if pressed, through the next ten minutes...At some point, truth is life, the greatest lie, offered and denied, and after that, silence..


really

so the truth and the absolute truth that you need air and water and then food to sustain the physical self is not a truth ?

perception has nothing to with these fundamental truths for us just to exist
 
Fido
 
Reply Tue 6 Apr, 2010 09:54 pm
@north,
north;149033 wrote:
really

so the truth and the absolute truth that you need air and water and then food to sustain the physical self is not a truth ?

perception has nothing to with these fundamental truths for us just to exist

Life is truth, but it does not last, so even it is a lie...Why do you think we must invent life after death??? Is it not because we cannot live with the reality of death that make a lie of life???Wee hid the truth with another lie, that we will live on in some fashion... When I see it I will believe it...
 
Zetherin
 
Reply Tue 6 Apr, 2010 09:59 pm
@pondfish,
pondfish;141823 wrote:
You need to understand ,

Truth is obvious.

It is always in front of you.

Humans are refused to see it.

Why?. You have to find your own reasons.

if i explained with words , you believe or do not believe that crap.

Best way out is asking questions not answering with another belief.:detective:


Interestingly, you answered with another belief. (which happens to be wrong)

Oh, and by the way, you do exist. Yeah, I went back to that.
 
north
 
Reply Tue 6 Apr, 2010 10:40 pm
@Fido,
Quote:
Originally Posted by north http://www.philosophyforum.com/images/PHBlue/buttons/viewpost.gif
really

so the truth and the absolute truth that you need air and water and then food to sustain the physical self is not a truth ?

perception has nothing to with these fundamental truths for us just to exist




Fido;149064 wrote:
Life is truth, but it does not last, so even it is a lie...


why does this make sense to you , your reasoning ?

Quote:
Why do you think we must invent life after death??? Is it not because we cannot live with the reality of death that make a lie of life???Wee hid the truth with another lie, that we will live on in some fashion... When I see it I will believe it...


why is life after death an invention by us ?

either you will see it or experience it
 
Fido
 
Reply Wed 7 Apr, 2010 03:53 am
@north,
north;149087 wrote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by north http://www.philosophyforum.com/images/PHBlue/buttons/viewpost.gif
really

so the truth and the absolute truth that you need air and water and then food to sustain the physical self is not a truth ?

perception has nothing to with these fundamental truths for us just to exist





why does this make sense to you , your reasoning ?



why is life after death an invention by us ?

either you will see it or experience it

Tell me about your beliefs... Why should I care about what you know since so often people take the one to be the other... If I untangle belief from fact I find soon enough that I have little of fact and much of belief... One thing I do not say of death, that I will exist after... The things I find meaning in may exists, but without me to give them meaning it will be as though they do not exist, because then, I will not be there to give them menaing... So you say "you will" in reference to death... And I ask: What me, and what will, -will live beyond the barrior of death???
 
Pepijn Sweep
 
Reply Wed 7 Apr, 2010 08:43 am
@Fido,
Fido;149179 wrote:
Tell me about your beliefs... Why should I care about what you know since so often people take the one to be the other... If I untangle belief from fact I find soon enough that I have little of fact and much of belief... One thing I do not say of death, that I will exist after... The things I find meaning in may exists, but without me to give them meaning it will be as though they do not exist, because then, I will not be there to give them menaing... So you say "you will" in reference to death... And I ask: What me, and what will, -will live beyond the barrior of death???


I would be happy to live beyond the fear of Death...:bigsmile:
 
north
 
Reply Thu 8 Apr, 2010 08:34 pm
@pondfish,
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fido http://www.philosophyforum.com/images/PHBlue/buttons/viewpost.gif
Life is truth, but it does not last, so even it is a lie...

why does this make sense to you , your reasoning ?


which is ...

---------- Post added 04-08-2010 at 10:52 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by north http://www.philosophyforum.com/images/PHBlue/buttons/viewpost.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by north [URL="http://www.philosophyforum.com/images/PHBlue/buttons/viewpost.gif"]http://www.philosophyforum.com/image...s/viewpost.gif[/URL]
really

so the truth and the absolute truth that you need air and water and then food to sustain the physical self is not a truth ?

perception has nothing to with these fundamental truths for us just to exist





why does this make sense to you , your reasoning ?



why is life after death an invention by us ?

either you will see it or experience it





Fido;149179 wrote:
Tell me about your beliefs... Why should I care about what you know since so often people take the one to be the other... If I untangle belief from fact I find soon enough that I have little of fact and much of belief... One thing I do not say of death, that I will exist after... The things I find meaning in may exists, but without me to give them meaning it will be as though they do not exist, because then, I will not be there to give them menaing... So you say "you will" in reference to death... And I ask: What me, and what will, -will live beyond the barrior of death???


its not me about " belief " but experience

life is a competely different energy from the physics and chemistry of the Universe
 
Pepijn Sweep
 
Reply Fri 9 Apr, 2010 04:23 am
@north,
north;149781 wrote:
Q
its not me about " belief " but experience

life is a competely different energy from the physics and chemistry of the Universe


Maybe life is eXeptional; lingo might not be sufi enough to explain the wonders. I feel lucky and loved for the fact I am alive.

If you do not believe, you do not try new roads.

Experience is also failure. Could learn Yust as much, or more than asked for.

Life is to short to think too much, I Believe...

Pepijn Sweep
Magister:a-thought:
 
north
 
Reply Sun 11 Apr, 2010 07:17 pm
@Pepijn Sweep,
Quote:
Originally Posted by north http://www.philosophyforum.com/images/PHBlue/buttons/viewpost.gif
Q
its not me about " belief " but experience

life is a competely different energy from the physics and chemistry of the Universe



Pepijn Sweep;149885 wrote:
Maybe life is eXeptional; lingo might not be sufi enough to explain the wonders. I feel lucky and loved for the fact I am alive.


sure

Quote:
If you do not believe, you do not try new roads.


I don't believe

what " new roads " would change my thinking

Quote:
Experience is also failure. Could learn Yust as much, or more than asked for.


for example

Quote:
Life is to short to think too much, I Believe...


not too me

thinking is what gets us to the Truth
 
Fido
 
Reply Sun 11 Apr, 2010 08:55 pm
@north,
north;149781 wrote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fido http://www.philosophyforum.com/images/PHBlue/buttons/viewpost.gif
Life is truth, but it does not last, so even it is a lie...

why does this make sense to you , your reasoning ?


which is ...

---------- Post added 04-08-2010 at 10:52 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by north http://www.philosophyforum.com/images/PHBlue/buttons/viewpost.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by north [URL="http://www.philosophyforum.com/images/PHBlue/buttons/viewpost.gif"]http://www.philosophyforum.com/image...s/viewpost.gif[/URL]
really

so the truth and the absolute truth that you need air and water and then food to sustain the physical self is not a truth ?

perception has nothing to with these fundamental truths for us just to exist





why does this make sense to you , your reasoning ?



why is life after death an invention by us ?

either you will see it or experience it






its not me about " belief " but experience

life is a competely different energy from the physics and chemistry of the Universe

How would you go about proving this; seeing as though you have not got the universe in your pocket, nor life to say what is the difference is exactly...
 
north
 
Reply Sun 11 Apr, 2010 09:06 pm
@Fido,
Fido;150660 wrote:
How would you go about proving this; seeing as though you have not got the universe in your pocket, nor life to say what is the difference is exactly...


there is a difference between organic chemistry and chemistry

organic chemistry deals with living things and the consequences of , oil , natural gas etc

inorganic chemistry deals with nuclear physics
 
Pepijn Sweep
 
Reply Tue 13 Apr, 2010 11:45 pm
@Pepijn Sweep,
Pepijn Sweep;149885 wrote:
Maybe life is eXeptional; lingo might not be sufi enough to explain the wonders. I feel lucky and loved for the fact I am alive.

I believe in the special abilities of Human; i.c. the facts we accept as truth are based on projecting ideas into the future or to form theories about things we have no real knowledge. If you do not believe, you do not see or try try new roads. In science you would try to prove your theories with emperical tests by trying to falsificate (according to Popper) your (new) theory. Experience is also the possibility of failure.

Life is to short to think too much, I Believe...

I am a bit cryptic here. I used to be mister Rationality myself, but now I am not a teenager anymore I find more pleasure in inter-personal contact. I am more interested in truth from other persons close to me than the Big Truth from so-called authorities. Your view on truth is also important to form my vision of my truth. I believe I feel happier to accept the diversity in thoughts about Truth, than aiming at a Theory covering every aspect of Life & Truth.


Pepijn Sweep
Magister:a-thought:


:bigsmile:My personal life changed a lot the last decade. It took me a few years to adjust to the situation. Things important to me shifted from material and intellectual to more compassionate thinking and living more aware of the people around me. I feel better being able to understand a different point of view without measuring it to an Absolute Truth. I believe traveling different roads (philosophy, religion, history or just daily living) can en-rich our lives and thinking.

I realize it sounds a bit Boeddhist, but I also found that a interesting approah. I was raised strictly Calvinist but had a period I did not believe anything which could not be proven. Now I am searching for a Middle Road since a few years. I didn't become an ir-rational thinker, but realize that lots of the scientific progress also rested on believers in a certain theory. I think proof is important, but come after the belief in the theories to be proven.

Pepijn Sweep
 
north
 
Reply Wed 14 Apr, 2010 12:14 am
@Pepijn Sweep,
Pepijn Sweep;151675 wrote:
:bigsmile:My personal life changed a lot the last decade. It took me a few years to adjust to the situation. Things important to me shifted from material and intellectual to more compassionate thinking and living more aware of the people around me. I feel better being able to understand a different point of view without measuring it to an Absolute Truth. I believe traveling different roads (philosophy, religion, history or just daily living) can en-rich our lives and thinking.

I realize it sounds a bit Boeddhist, but I also found that a interesting approah. I was raised strictly Calvinist but had a period I did not believe anything which could not be proven. Now I am searching for a Middle Road since a few years. I didn't become an ir-rational thinker, but realize that lots of the scientific progress also rested on believers in a certain theory. I think proof is important, but come after the belief in the theories to be proven.

Pepijn Sweep


yet truths , billions of truths are all around us , and the truth of this is what allows you to continue to survive in the first place

and the acknowledgement of whats around you , enviroment

truth is not just about science persay but relising that things are in the enviroment because they can't be anything else
 
Pepijn Sweep
 
Reply Wed 14 Apr, 2010 12:48 am
@north,
north;151683 wrote:
yet truths , billions of truths are all around us , and the truth of this is what allows you to continue to survive in the first place

and the acknowledgement of whats around you , enviroment

truth is not just about science persay but relising that things are in the enviroment because they can't be anything else

Of course we have to recognize events around us. The problems start giving it names. In Europe we hac=veold names for wind directions. In south-east France you have the Mistral, a strong wind from the valley of the Rhone to the coast. People do not call it a Nortern wind because has a different origin. In Greece/Macdonia they call it the Vardar I believe; it's a warm wind, strong, coming from th mountains, going to the sea.

Desribing this winds with a Name is efficient because locally people know how to propare, learned over the centuries
 
north
 
Reply Wed 14 Apr, 2010 12:58 am
@Pepijn Sweep,
Pepijn Sweep;151693 wrote:
Of course we have to recognize events around us. The problems start giving it names. In Europe we hac=veold names for wind directions. In south-east France you have the Mistral, a strong wind from the valley of the Rhone to the coast. People do not call it a Nortern wind because has a different origin. In Greece/Macdonia they call it the Vardar I believe; it's a warm wind, strong, coming from th mountains, going to the sea.

Desribing this winds with a Name is efficient because locally people know how to propare, learned over the centuries


names do not matter

what is described remains the same
 
Pepijn Sweep
 
Reply Wed 14 Apr, 2010 01:30 am
@north,
north;151697 wrote:
names do not matter

what is described remains the same

I did not not mean that the names were so important, but more the fact it descripted the characteristics of the wind. Not just the direction, but also strenght, temperature and origine of the wind. A mistral is a warm wind, strong with an influence on the psyche of the people. The ancient people weren't familiar with our compasses, but able to distinguish the difference between winds from the mountains or the sea.

For them it were truthful descriptions of reality as they perceived it. It were descriptions valid enough to navigate the sea without 'scientific' definitions like NW or NE. They knew with what winds they would sail to certain places. Names did matter because it did describe more than just the origin of the wind, but also the direction it would take the ships.

---------- Post added 04-14-2010 at 12:40 AM ----------

north;149781 wrote:


its not me about " belief " but experience

life is a competely different energy from the physics and chemistry of the Universe


That life is completely different from physics and chemistry is also a believe. Without physics and chemistry it's hard to understand life. It is still a big issue to decide what is life. A plant is alive, but there's a significant difference with people or animals or bacteria's. Even when the processes follow the same Laws of Nature.
 
 

 
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/22/2024 at 02:56:38