it may have been a tustle,
i dont even think it was arguing,
i was actually pleased with what i got out of it,
it was a discussion,
a place to bounce ideas around,
one sided perhaps,
i created some good stuff from it,
genuinely searched my self and other party for answers
i thought it was over-all fun but not disfunctional.
If i took it to heart it was but for a moment,
today i was the strongest i have ever been,
tomorrow i will be even stronger,
Who says you dont know what's best for yourself?
Who says you dont know what's best for the world?
you cant learn or grow if you ignore what you dont like or dont understand.
I am here to understand and grow
Sad to think it is now over,
I was just getting started,
Denail.
I made and meant not one 'insult',
I asked questions,
Investigation pleases me.
I hold no grudges,
I am strong.
I move on.

Reconstructo

Reply Fri 16 Apr, 2010 05:37 pm
@Pepijn Sweep,
Pepijn Sweep;152957 wrote:
is it not something a moderator could do if thing get out of hand, spoiling a thread ? Less rigorous than banning...

Ah, but that gets tricky, as there is so much subjectivity involved. In the end, the ignore function is probably the best. And anyone can speak, but no one is forced to listen. This maximizes freedom. Smile

sometime sun

Reply Fri 16 Apr, 2010 05:44 pm
@Reconstructo,
Reconstructo;152993 wrote:
Ah, but that gets tricky, as there is so much subjectivity involved. In the end, the ignore function is probably the best. And anyone can speak, but no one is forced to listen. This maximizes freedom. Smile

How can you be free if you ignore it?
Just because some one is petty doe snot mean they cannot have moments of clarity.
I would not like to think i would miss that moment or them.

I still dont think one person in this thread had defended the possition of ignoring adequately.
I still do not understand.

Pepijn Sweep

Reply Sat 17 Apr, 2010 12:55 am
@Reconstructo,
Reconstructo;152993 wrote:

I think you are right. But I was sort of up-set to see two of my Forum friends fight in public. In real life I would have done something to sooth things. On the Forum it's so difficult because you can't tell really how they feel.

To ignore - is not to know. To ignore does not need a button, it's handy but does not solve anything. It's maybe a case of developing internet-manners, or is it the anonymity what makes people forget there are actual people with real feelings ?

HexHammer

Reply Sun 23 May, 2010 06:02 am
@xris,
Sometimes I get to spekulate if people who are afraid of useing ignore, are unable to make efficient choises, and are unable to distinct relevance from irrelevance.

kennethamy

Reply Sun 23 May, 2010 06:16 am
@xris,
In the Odyssey, Odysseus has the sailors on his ship tie him to the mast so that when they get to the place where the Sirens are, Odysseus will not uncontrollably jump ship to be with the irresistible women. The ignore function is just like that.

HexHammer

Reply Sun 23 May, 2010 06:26 am
@kennethamy,
kennethamy;167646 wrote:
In the Odyssey, Odysseus has the sailors on his ship tie him to the mast so that when they get to the place where the Sirens are, Odysseus will not uncontrollably jump ship to be with the irresistible women. The ignore function is just like that.
Don't agree with that anology.

Odyseseus, would tie himeself to the mast because of avoiding the "beckoning desire" in which the sirenes would induce with their songs.

I don't see any beckoning desire people induced in me, when putting people on ignore.

kennethamy

Reply Sun 23 May, 2010 06:32 am
@HexHammer,
HexHammer;167652 wrote:
Don't agree with that anology.

Odyseseus, would tie himeself to the mast because of avoiding the "beckoning desire" in which the sirenes would induce with their songs.

I don't see any beckoning desire people induced in me, when putting people on ignore.

Then why would you put them on ignore?

mark noble

Reply Sun 23 May, 2010 06:44 am
@kennethamy,
Hi All,

IGNORE somebody - that's just IGNORANT, isn't it? I will never ignore anyone on this forum (didn't even consider, or know, the option was available). If I encounter any friction from anyone, I'll either discuss it, or call round to where they live and kick them in their leg.
I do neglect to answer some posts though, because I have connection problems, more often than not, then I can't find where they were.

Hope you get this post? Good luck with the social-skills development thing, all.

Thank you, and voyage veritably.

Mark...

HexHammer

Reply Sun 23 May, 2010 06:51 am
@kennethamy,
kennethamy;167656 wrote:
Then why would you put them on ignore?
Simple, many of these philosophers in here have vastly different ability to produce intelligent posts, some will babble and speak nonsens. Some resort to puerile behaviour ..etc, when I consider reading peoples post as a waste of time, I will put them og ignore.

It's like going to a restaurent with a poor chef, why would anyone go there? Therefore I would put such restaurent on my ignore list.

Ofcause I can then view their posts, even though they are on ignore, which is a good feature, should they mentally mature thus I can put them off ignore.

---------- Post added 05-23-2010 at 02:52 PM ----------

mark noble;167659 wrote:
Hi All,

IGNORE somebody - that's just IGNORANT, isn't it? I will never ignore anyone on this forum (didn't even consider, or know, the option was available). If I encounter any friction from anyone, I'll either discuss it, or call round to where they live and kick them in their leg.
I do neglect to answer some posts though, because I have connection problems, more often than not, then I can't find where they were.

Hope you get this post? Good luck with the social-skills development thing, all.

Thank you, and voyage veritably.
So, you can't distinct nonsens and babble for reason and intelligence? Do you really find such irrelevant post interesting?

kennethamy

Reply Sun 23 May, 2010 06:55 am
@HexHammer,
HexHammer;167660 wrote:
when I consider reading peoples post as a waste of time, I will put them og ignore.

Right. Then why not simply ignore them? Just as if Odysseus wanted to ignore the Sirenes, why did he not just ignore them?

HexHammer

Reply Sun 23 May, 2010 07:10 am
@kennethamy,
kennethamy;167663 wrote:
Right. Then why not simply ignore them? Just as if Odysseus wanted to ignore the Sirenes, why did he not just ignore them?
You have your understanding of Odysseus totally wrong, I assume it's intentionally to provoke a reaction in this post.

Well I ignore them to ignore them? Isn't it what I do ..ignore them?

kennethamy

Reply Sun 23 May, 2010 07:13 am
@HexHammer,
HexHammer;167671 wrote:
You have your understanding of Odysseus totally wrong, I assume it's intentionally to provoke a reaction in this post.

Well I ignore them to ignore them? Isn't it what I do ..ignore them?

I just wonder why anyone would bother with a button when all he has to do is do what the button does (unless, of course, for some reason, he is unable to do what the button does). Have you an answer for that? Of course my question (have you an answer for that?) is a silly question, I know, since there is no answer for that. Or better, it is what is called a "rhetorical question" since the answer is obviously that he wouldn't bother with a button.

HexHammer

Reply Sun 23 May, 2010 07:18 am
@kennethamy,
kennethamy;167672 wrote:
I just wonder why anyone would bother with a button when all he has to do is do what the button does (unless, of course, for some reason, he is unable to do what the button does). Have you an answer for that? Of course my question (have you an answer for that?) is a silly question, I know, since there is no answer for that.
It's heartacheingly simple, often babble posts are long, and answers to babble posts are often equally as long, thus I don't waste time scrolling much, in order to skip what I find undesireable.

My ignore is mainly motivated by logistic.

kennethamy

Reply Sun 23 May, 2010 07:23 am
@HexHammer,
HexHammer;167673 wrote:
It's heartacheingly simple, often babble posts are long, and answers to babble posts are often equally as long, thus I don't waste time scrolling much, in order to skip what I find undesireable.

My ignore is mainly motivated by logistic.

All right, that makes sense. I did not realize how the ignore function works. I don't find it a chore to scroll, and there are times (I admit) when I do look at posts I am pretty sure will be nonsense.

mark noble

Reply Sun 23 May, 2010 08:52 am
@HexHammer,
HexHammer;167660 wrote:
Simple, many of these philosophers in here have vastly different ability to produce intelligent posts, some will babble and speak nonsens. Some resort to puerile behaviour ..etc, when I consider reading peoples post as a waste of time, I will put them og ignore.

It's like going to a restaurent with a poor chef, why would anyone go there? Therefore I would put such restaurent on my ignore list.

Ofcause I can then view their posts, even though they are on ignore, which is a good feature, should they mentally mature thus I can put them off ignore.

---------- Post added 05-23-2010 at 02:52 PM ----------

So, you can't distinct nonsens and babble for reason and intelligence? Do you really find such irrelevant post interesting?

Hi Hexhammer,

I, if I find something disinteresting, will not ponder on, and, as for babbling about nothing, I see very little of that. But to ignore someone for expressing what is, to them, intelligable, is rude, I find.

Thank you, and have a brilliant day, Sir.

Mark...

HexHammer

Reply Sun 23 May, 2010 09:02 am
@mark noble,
mark noble;167690 wrote:
Hi Hexhammer,

I, if I find something disinteresting, will not ponder on, and, as for babbling about nothing, I see very little of that. But to ignore someone for expressing what is, to them, intelligable, is rude, I find.
So it's there, but shouldn't be used? Seems a bit contradicting.

Maybe you consider it rude, but where in lies the rudeness? I see it as a perfect legal action, that contradicts no moral nor ethical value that I can relate to.

mark noble

Reply Mon 24 May, 2010 07:31 am
@HexHammer,
HexHammer;167693 wrote:

Maybe you consider it rude, but where in lies the rudeness? I see it as a perfect legal action, that contradicts no moral nor ethical value that I can relate to.

Hi Hexhammer,
I'm not implying it is rude for all, only me. That others use this function is not my concern. "One man's rude is another's polite", after all.

Each to their own.

Thank you, and be brilliant.

Mark...

sometime sun

Reply Mon 24 May, 2010 03:39 pm
@HexHammer,
HexHammer;167693 wrote:

It would only contradict a moral or ethic if it were used to hurt, used as a weapon perhaps, only if it were made known, made public, so yes perhaps it is not not moral or unethical as long as it is kept private.
And even then you could still be demoralising your self?

mark noble

Reply Mon 24 May, 2010 03:55 pm
@sometime sun,
sometime sun;168226 wrote:
It would only contradict a moral or ethic if it were used to hurt, used as a weapon perhaps, only if it were made known, made public, so yes perhaps it is not not moral or unethical as long as it is kept private.
And even then you could still be demoralising your self?

Hi Sun,
No thoughts of men are kept private from God.

Have a lovely evening.

Mark...

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.04 seconds on 04/26/2024 at 02:25:19