Muslims - the Day of Islam and another 911

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

xris

Reply Fri 18 Sep, 2009 02:48 pm
@Pangloss,
Pangloss;91461 wrote:
What fundamentalists have invaded the forum with fear and retribution? I'm not going to waste my time proving anything to you, because it is clear that you are unwilling to see your own errors. As for anybody else, they can simply read through all of your posts made on this thread and others concerning Islam, if they need to verify my claims about your posts. Your posts all speak for themselves.
If the claim is strong you wont need much browsing, just do it and stop waving your flag. Come on the time you've spent castigating me, you could have gathered the evidence.

Icon

Reply Fri 18 Sep, 2009 02:58 pm
@Justin,
Xris,
It is true that you generalize beyond reason in many cases related to Islam. We have talked about this before if you recall. I understand your issues with Islam and how it is represented but these issues are not THE issues. They are your issues. I have read through this thread and have seen some of these generalizations. Choose your language more carefully. Specify the extremists over the whole of Islam. Point out specifics instead of mass assumptions. I am asking this nicely not as a public repremand but as a personal request for the continuity of good communication.

Pangloss,
I understand your intention are good but you are just as much to blame for the decline of this thread. It is the job of the staff to review content reported or otherwise and it is our job to keep things on track. If you have issues then report them and let US, the staff, deal with it. You have no room to talk about his ignorance of certain issues while you ignore his request for evidence. Please back off a bit or, at least provide what xris is requesting. You are letting your emotions take over reason and that is not the point of this section OR this forum.

Caroline,
I appreciate your work here but we must take ourselves out of the emotional aspects of this thread and we must speak with the users in private if we have issues. Thank you for all of your hard work here on the forums and for keeping us up on everything.

Now, for this thread.

I am giving this thread one more chance to stay on track. If you guys can't get along then I will close this thread and this section until you can. I am sorry to say this but you are all being a bit like children and I would hate to have to bend you all over my lap and spank you. Wink

Just kidding, but really, please be respectful with your opinion, careful with your words and stop causing me problems over here.

Pangloss

Reply Fri 18 Sep, 2009 03:39 pm
@Icon,
Icon;91478 wrote:

Pangloss,
I understand your intention are good but you are just as much to blame for the decline of this thread. It is the job of the staff to review content reported or otherwise and it is our job to keep things on track. If you have issues then report them and let US, the staff, deal with it. You have no room to talk about his ignorance of certain issues while you ignore his request for evidence. Please back off a bit or, at least provide what xris is requesting. You are letting your emotions take over reason and that is not the point of this section OR this forum.

Actually, this thread was destined to decline. The original article was nothing more than propaganda, and we all knew what would happen.

If you want me to post up an extensive list of 'evidence' for my claim about xris' posts, I can, but then I'd get blamed even more so for the 'decline of this thread', when really it should have been kept on track by you, the moderators. I posted only a handful of times on this 15 page thread.

Caroline

Reply Fri 18 Sep, 2009 03:42 pm
@Justin,
You can see I have publicly talked to xris, he is on his last warning, message is understood.

---------- Post added 09-18-2009 at 04:45 PM ----------

And the thread will close if it kicks off again and no you cannot point xris's bad behaviour out because of reasons I've demonstrated before, but yes you made a good point about it was nothing more than propaganda, glad you've seen the light.
Thanks.

polpol

Reply Wed 7 Apr, 2010 01:26 pm
@Justin,
I agree with Salima. Religion is never the cause of war. It has always been greed and lust for power that causes war. Religion is only the perfect excuse. How can religion devide people when all religions preach the same values, fraternity, justice,etc. Religion is the means, not the cause nor the goal. The Taliban, like all sodiers all over the world and all through history are recruted among the poorest, uneducated classes where there is not much hope for a better future. It is obvious that our soldiers that volunteer for Afghanistan are not motivated by patriotism nor religion; they join the army to have a better future for themselves and their families. It is astonishing how many times I heard a soldier associate going to fight in Afghanistan with bying a house. Many of those that join the army are psychologically vulnurable youngsters who often got into trouble with the law, socially unstable misfits with hardly any education who are brainwashed into thinking that the army will make "real men" out of them. As for the hate propaganda in the Koran, it would be quite easy to do the same with the Bible which is full of violent episodes, treachery and what not. Anyways with all the sexual child aguse scandals that are coming out nowadays about the Catholic clergy, I think we need to keep a low profile when it comes to judging other religions and since we are stuck with that Afghan war, we need not be great philosophers to see that islamophobia is convenient, necessary and just part of the game.

xris

Reply Wed 7 Apr, 2010 01:48 pm
@polpol,
Islamophobia, if you want to make a direct approach do it but dont drag up dead threads to make silly points.

Alan McDougall

Reply Thu 8 Apr, 2010 01:03 am
@polpol,
polpol;149292 wrote:
I agree with Salima. Religion is never the cause of war. It has always been greed and lust for power that causes war. Religion is only the perfect excuse. How can religion devide people when all religions preach the same values, fraternity, justice,etc. Religion is the means, not the cause nor the goal. The Taliban, like all sodiers all over the world and all through history are recruted among the poorest, uneducated classes where there is not much hope for a better future. It is obvious that our soldiers that volunteer for Afghanistan are not motivated by patriotism nor religion; they join the army to have a better future for themselves and their families. It is astonishing how many times I heard a soldier associate going to fight in Afghanistan with bying a house. Many of those that join the army are psychologically vulnurable youngsters who often got into trouble with the law, socially unstable misfits with hardly any education who are brainwashed into thinking that the army will make "real men" out of them. As for the hate propaganda in the Koran, it would be quite easy to do the same with the Bible which is full of violent episodes, treachery and what not. Anyways with all the sexual child aguse scandals that are coming out nowadays about the Catholic clergy, I think we need to keep a low profile when it comes to judging other religions and since we are stuck with that Afghan war, we need not be great philosophers to see that islamophobia is convenient, necessary and just part of the game.

You are wrong Religion is the cause of countless wars and they don't all preach the same message to humanity

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/18/2024 at 10:15:25