Does anyone of you think the world can change?

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Richardgrant

Reply Thu 5 Nov, 2009 03:38 pm
@BeatsMeWhy,
bsrfee, all my life I have asked 'but why' in 1995 I came across Walter Russell and his philosophy and have studied it with a passion, for it has an answer to all my questions. I apply this philosophy to my every day living with remarkable results. Richard

manored

Reply Fri 6 Nov, 2009 12:33 pm
@bsfree,
bsfree;101642 wrote:

What is good for you is good for me, if my lot is made more good at the expense of making yours less good then the premise of our existence is not reaching its full potential. This cannot be seen clearly by a juvenile, but is at least understandable to an adult.
I agree, I think too much of our society is turned towards gaining money from others rather than "producing" it.

TickTockMan;101806 wrote:
I'm always a bit amused by the tacit assumption that the human species is the be all and end all on the evolutionary ladder, rather than just another step.
Unless we become extinct, we are. Species evolve far too slowly in comparsion to how fast humans develop, so as long as we exist we wont be out-smarted by anything from this planet. Off course, we may just evolve into something else ourselves, but we wont lose the sense of that we are "humanity" along the way.

bsfree;102047 wrote:

Our concentration on the human condition and our desire for answers to God, the universe and everything reveals a need in our evolution for a sense of place in it all, preferably with responsibilty for our being going to some outside entity----God, aliens etc.
I think its possible, but not necessarly true. We arent the only animals to have behaviors that doesnt seen justified by the need of survival, and, anyway, maybe they are. Why do we scream then we are angry? Maybe its a physical form of unleashing an excessive, prejudicial amount of anger that could lead to reckless action, or maybe its a form of scaring our opponents inherited from out monkey friends. I think something similar may apply towards some of our other behaviors, such as searching a meaning in life.

TickTockMan

Reply Fri 6 Nov, 2009 02:59 pm
@manored,
manored;102203 wrote:

Unless we become extinct, we are. Species evolve far too slowly in comparsion to how fast humans develop, so as long as we exist we wont be out-smarted by anything from this planet. Off course, we may just evolve into something else ourselves, but we wont lose the sense of that we are "humanity" along the way.

Don't you mean when we become extinct? Do you think that our species has what it takes to be around million years from today?

bsfree

Reply Fri 6 Nov, 2009 03:11 pm
@BeatsMeWhy,
Thank you Richard, Walter Russell obviously perceived that harmonious consciousness is the key to realizing potential, everywhere in the universe. Our connection with the universe will be realized when we accept that what is one here, is one everywhere. Our thoughts, which are transmissions of our feelings, are somehow released into the ether of consciousness as waves that have the power to effect change. Cause and effect is the power consciousness allows to flow, it is the incarnate power of God manifested in humankind, but only to individual degree. When we combine as one harmonious consciousness we will also be one with God. This should not be viewed as a goal but as a return, for it cannot be new to us.
All human conflicts have at their core the need for control of resources, well, today it is clear that our mastery of Earths resources is established; we are now in control of our creator.
The final conflict, one might argue, will be between an overvalued human ego and its undervalued resources. The victor will be harmonious balance as the son realizes he needs the father for his being, as much as father needs the son for his continuance.
I don't want to promote a back slapping fest, but my faith is reinforced by the sentiment of this forum. Only frustration is ------, well none really, as all is unfolding, isn't it, only complaint is the speed.

Richardgrant

Reply Fri 6 Nov, 2009 06:16 pm
@bsfree,
Well said bsfree, I find he explains in detail what the other great illuminants have spoken of over the years. Richard

manored

Reply Sat 7 Nov, 2009 08:57 am
@TickTockMan,
TickTockMan;102227 wrote:
Don't you mean when we become extinct? Do you think that our species has what it takes to be around million years from today?
Yes. We may willingly abandon human form though.

Richardgrant

Reply Sat 7 Nov, 2009 02:04 pm
@manored,
manored;102318 wrote:
Yes. We may willingly abandon human form though.

I myself have chosen to let go the concept that I am a human being, I now see myself as an infinite being, with unlimited potential.

Everything that is, is of everything else that is. There can be no such thing as separation. My journey of awakening is to know Who I AM. Rrichard

bsfree

Reply Sat 7 Nov, 2009 04:28 pm
@BeatsMeWhy,
As Manored says, "too much of our society is turned towards gaining money from others rather than "producing" it." Makes one wonder how this state of affairs could be, as it is not so much forced upon us, as it is succumbed to by us. This must be testament to the infinite power of allowance, through us, and by us. Whatever we allow will come into being? Well, the proof is in the pudding. But why do we allow outside influence to dictate our actions to the degree that we do? I think that if we forget the eating and drinking part of survival, at our core is an inherent conscious desire for harmonious peace, perhaps even nirvana. The human consciousness responds to stimulation, sure, but I'm trying to think of a situation that didn't have as its outcome the desire for peace, a status quo from which to experience the potential of just being. All influence over us is allowed for the sole reason of peace. From interpersonal peace to financial peace to war peace, the pull is the same and we will allow any compromise that promises to end debate.
I beat this to death only to illustrate that what we allow is far more powerful than what we instigate, and so the answer to "Does anyone of you think the world can change" , yes. It has already changed into the one that we/you allow, the one we/you personally inhabit.
Can the world become the Utopia that each of us individually imagines it could be?
The consciousness we all share has already become the reality we experience, and depends on our allowance for the form it takes. The catch 22 is that same allowance provides for our mode of survival, which we propagate through subscription. Withdraw subscription and the form of reality changes, and, as our picture of reality is painted by money, your withdrawal from any financial instrument will render a part of reality unconscious of that financial potential.
Will everything fall down if we do that? It has fallen down already, only our subscription to it holds the threads together and in return we get to survive from one day to the next.
God, I'm depressing myself, get to the point!
The truth is no one has any power over us except that which we allow. Allow leadership through you rather than of you, and support nothing that does not exist for our common benefit.
This might cover the cows question too.

Richardgrant

Reply Sat 7 Nov, 2009 05:33 pm
@bsfree,
bsfree, I see it all a bit different to you bsfree. I am the creator of all that is, there is no person place or thing that can cause me to suffer any form of discomfort or sickness,unless I allow it or create it.

The abundance in my life may have many channels but there is only one source, that it all comes from within me, what I see out there is a clear expression of my own consciousness. I know I can change any part of that out there, simply by removing all judgement. Richard

manored

Reply Sun 8 Nov, 2009 12:37 pm
@bsfree,
bsfree;102375 wrote:
As Manored says, "too much of our society is turned towards gaining money from others rather than "producing" it." Makes one wonder how this state of affairs could be, as it is not so much forced upon us, as it is succumbed to by us. This must be testament to the infinite power of allowance, through us, and by us. Whatever we allow will come into being? Well, the proof is in the pudding. But why do we allow outside influence to dictate our actions to the degree that we do? I think that if we forget the eating and drinking part of survival, at our core is an inherent conscious desire for harmonious peace, perhaps even nirvana. The human consciousness responds to stimulation, sure, but I'm trying to think of a situation that didn't have as its outcome the desire for peace, a status quo from which to experience the potential of just being. All influence over us is allowed for the sole reason of peace. From interpersonal peace to financial peace to war peace, the pull is the same and we will allow any compromise that promises to end debate.
I beat this to death only to illustrate that what we allow is far more powerful than what we instigate, and so the answer to "Does anyone of you think the world can change" , yes. It has already changed into the one that we/you allow, the one we/you personally inhabit.
Can the world become the Utopia that each of us individually imagines it could be?
The consciousness we all share has already become the reality we experience, and depends on our allowance for the form it takes. The catch 22 is that same allowance provides for our mode of survival, which we propagate through subscription. Withdraw subscription and the form of reality changes, and, as our picture of reality is painted by money, your withdrawal from any financial instrument will render a part of reality unconscious of that financial potential.
Will everything fall down if we do that? It has fallen down already, only our subscription to it holds the threads together and in return we get to survive from one day to the next.
God, I'm depressing myself, get to the point!
The truth is no one has any power over us except that which we allow. Allow leadership through you rather than of you, and support nothing that does not exist for our common benefit.
This might cover the cows question too.
I dont quite understand what you mean =)

bsfree

Reply Sun 8 Nov, 2009 08:20 pm
@BeatsMeWhy,
Manored, neither do I half the time. Guess I just want us all to get along economically, to understand that the trading of resources is not for the primary benefit of humankind, but for the primary benefit of the business of trading resources. It just doesn't make sense to me that human stock depends on wall street stock. We'll never get it right so long as we profit off each other just for the privilege of staying alive, why on Earth do we battle when the only victor can be all of us.
Sorry guys, I'm tired and ranting.
I go.

CarolA

Reply Sun 8 Nov, 2009 11:14 pm
@BeatsMeWhy,
I thought long and meaningfully about this, summing up my life's experience and knowledge.
And the answer is ---- No.

Inquisition

Reply Mon 30 Nov, 2009 05:53 pm
@rhinogrey,
Many people want to change the world by leading others. They think that if the people just listen to them they would understand and everyone would agree, if they could just reach out to everyone. There lies the problem. Politics are boring to most people.

Instead i think it would serve better to get off the pedestal and instead think of creating ingenous ways to empower people. An audience of performers, if you will.

Take this for an example. You are in a band, with a really important message, and you want to deliver it to the world. But unless you sign on to a major label, you will not have your voice heard. Almost nobody will listen to you. So what do you do.

Unfortunately most bands end up selling out to major labels and losing the message due to censorship (in the sense that exists in the music industry). They stop playing those shows to 40 people in a small intimate venue and play in big arenas were the connection is lost.

What would make a change is to refuse to sell out. To keep playing those small shows where you can actually get across to some, and show them that they can do what you do and start their own bands. Now thats revolution!

The problem is we always think in numbers. If reaching 40 people is good, surely reaching 2000 would be better?

So i guess what i was trying to show with that story is that the model could be applied to anything. Instead of changing or saving the world by yourself, enable and empower others to do so. So the communion of all people working locally will bring out that change. wether that be science, spiritual, philosphy, life, politics or whatever.

Pathfinder

Reply Mon 30 Nov, 2009 09:19 pm
@Richardgrant,
Richardgrant;102385 wrote:
bsfree, I see it all a bit different to you bsfree. I am the creator of all that is, there is no person place or thing that can cause me to suffer any form of discomfort or sickness,unless I allow it or create it.

The abundance in my life may have many channels but there is only one source, that it all comes from within me, what I see out there is a clear expression of my own consciousness. I know I can change any part of that out there, simply by removing all judgement. Richard

What will be left to think should you die of cancer? That you caused it to happen to yourself? What are you saying here Richard?

manored

Reply Tue 1 Dec, 2009 03:22 pm
@Inquisition,
Inquisition;107136 wrote:
Many people want to change the world by leading others. They think that if the people just listen to them they would understand and everyone would agree, if they could just reach out to everyone. There lies the problem. Politics are boring to most people.

Instead i think it would serve better to get off the pedestal and instead think of creating ingenous ways to empower people. An audience of performers, if you will.

Take this for an example. You are in a band, with a really important message, and you want to deliver it to the world. But unless you sign on to a major label, you will not have your voice heard. Almost nobody will listen to you. So what do you do.

Unfortunately most bands end up selling out to major labels and losing the message due to censorship (in the sense that exists in the music industry). They stop playing those shows to 40 people in a small intimate venue and play in big arenas were the connection is lost.

What would make a change is to refuse to sell out. To keep playing those small shows where you can actually get across to some, and show them that they can do what you do and start their own bands. Now thats revolution!

The problem is we always think in numbers. If reaching 40 people is good, surely reaching 2000 would be better?

So i guess what i was trying to show with that story is that the model could be applied to anything. Instead of changing or saving the world by yourself, enable and empower others to do so. So the communion of all people working locally will bring out that change. wether that be science, spiritual, philosphy, life, politics or whatever.
I agree, though im not sure if giving large shows is necessarly a problem, I suppose it only is if being able to give large shows forced you to give up the ideals you wanted to put in the musics,.

But, like I said, I agree. I think the only way to change the world is to change people. If you are the only one with your ideals, the world will only change within your influence and only for as long as you are exercing that influence, but if the whole world has the same ideal, not one will even have to do any effort since there wont be opposition.

I heard once that "There is no greater victory over an opponent than to make his right hand cut out his left hand", and I suppose that also applies to ideals. Its better to convince people of your ideas than to oppose then in the senate =)

Pathfinder;107173 wrote:
What will be left to think should you die of cancer? That you caused it to happen to yourself? What are you saying here Richard?

As far as I know, he wont die of cancer unless he wants or allows. If he dies of cancer and didnt want or allowed that to happen, then that means he was wrong =)

Reconstructo

Reply Tue 1 Dec, 2009 05:20 pm
@BeatsMeWhy,
You can't wake up in the same world twice.

Theaetetus

Reply Wed 2 Dec, 2009 12:21 am
@BeatsMeWhy,
I think the world can change, although I don't think the world will change--or at least change enough to make a difference.

longknowledge

Reply Wed 2 Dec, 2009 07:40 pm
@Theaetetus,
Theaetetus;107515 wrote:
I think the world can change, although I don't think the world will change--or at least change enough to make a difference.

If you haven't noticed the world has changed, at least my world as well as yours. You now have another friend. Me!

I'm hoping that will make a difference for both of us.

---------- Post added 12-02-2009 at 08:45 PM ----------

Reconstructo;107387 wrote:
You can't wake up in the same world twice.

Or once for that matter!

manored

Reply Thu 3 Dec, 2009 06:07 pm
@longknowledge,
longknowledge;107688 wrote:
If you haven't noticed the world has changed, at least my world as well as yours. You now have another friend. Me!

I'm hoping that will make a difference for both of us.
Ok, now 1/3000000000 of the worlds population got a new friend in a philosopy forum on the internets.

Now 1/6000000000 of the worlds polulation is writing this post.

I think we need bigger facts =)

longknowledge;107688 wrote:
Or once for that matter!
You mean we never wake up?

What about our wake ups in the world of dreams? =)

IntoTheLight

Reply Thu 3 Dec, 2009 09:49 pm
@manored,
I and everyone else have already changed the world simply by existing.

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/26/2024 at 07:19:59