On Creation

1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » Evangelism
  3. » On Creation

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Mon 29 Mar, 2010 12:42 am
There is only boundless light: the infinite supreme, the all, the one, the everything including nothing. Boundless light is the infinite supreme and the infinite supreme is good.
It should be understood that the boundless light is not that which we can recognize from our senses, for the boundless light has no limitations like sensations. It is neither a thing to touch, nor taste, nor smell, nor see, nor that which can be heard. Of the boundless light there is no i, no me, no you, no we, no us, no them, no him, no her. There is only the infinite good, supreme, boundless light: the perfection of everything including nothing.
The infinite supreme requires nothing, wants nothing, needs nothing, lacks nothing, and is everything. Thus, as the infinite supreme is wholly good, singular, and perfect, so too is the will of the infinite supreme perfect, singular, and good.. The infinite supreme is indeed everything including nothing.
It is by the will of the infinitie supreme that nothing shall ever be separated from everything: the birth of love.
For everything is everywhere, nothing shall have its own place, so it is by the will of the infinite supreme that there be nothing in addition to the light.

The birth of darkness

From the infinite supreme, the darkness descends. The darkness differs from the light in that it is only and merely nothing. Nothing changes and change is nothing, merely an absence of good, for good is everything including nothing. The darkness requires only good to exist and its only aspect is change. So it is that everything that changes is within the darkness.
As boundless light is constant and yet cannot be defined, the bounds of darkness are well defined and constantly changing. As the only aspect and therefore also the nature of darkness is change, so it is that, the light which fills the darkness is changed. The first change of the light within darkness is love.
It is only for the sake of love, the first and immediate aspect of the infinite supreme, that change occurs.
Following love is the aspect of mind. It is the mind of the infinite supreme that recognizes love and in turn loves its own goodness. The next aspect of the light is the spirit of the infinte supreme. It is through the spirit that the mind is swayed by love to create.
The fourth aspect of the light within darkness is matter. The movement of matter by spirit allows mind to create from love.
It is by the will of the infinite supreme alone that of the light within the darkness, it is mind that ponders the darkness, matter, which gives it substance; love holds it together, and through spirit the will is carried out. As one, this light of the infinite supreme within the darkness is god: the first breath.

Being of mind, matter, love and spirit, god, the light within, is of the will of the infinite supreme alone. Formed first from love, god is the first breath of the infinite supreme and the cause and creator of every subsequent thing.
Every 'thing' should be distinguished from 'everything'. Everything is good and only the infinite supreme is good. Every thing is all that is created from the good but are not in themselves good, as every thing requires creation from something else.
Creation is the work of god within darkness. By the changes of mind through the pondering of darkenss and the substances of matter, god fills creation with ideas and objects from which the universe is fashioned.

The universe is the manifestation of the ideas and objects of god's creation cast by the light of man within the darkness of creation.

On eternity

Eternity is an aspect of the boundless light, the good, and infinite supreme. God, the light within, the ideas and objects of creation, and man are all eternal aspects of the boundless light of the good and infinite supreme.
Time begins in darkness with the manifestation of the universe and exists wholly within the darkness of the universe and yet the light that penetrates is eternal. The light alone eternally enters the darkness. The eternal light, the microcosmic good, is god, the creator.
By the will of the infinite supreme man was brought forth to witness creation from within and through mans love of the eternal harmony of god's creation and the of all the ideas and objects within, brought forth the universe in celebration.

jeeprs

Reply Mon 5 Apr, 2010 04:12 am
@trismegisto,
"I have traveled through the fog of the unknown mountain"
You're still in it, as far as I can see. Wheels are spinning but no forward motion.

Fido

Reply Mon 5 Apr, 2010 11:05 am
@trismegisto,
Some people see what is and some see what never was, and which is right???

---------- Post added 04-05-2010 at 01:06 PM ----------

jeeprs;148476 wrote:
You're still in it, as far as I can see. Wheels are spinning but no forward motion.

Maybe that is the whole idea...If he locks them up either something will break, or he will be gone...

I would like to bet five dollars on something breaking...

trismegisto

Reply Mon 5 Apr, 2010 01:06 pm
@jeeprs,
jeeprs;148476 wrote:

When your education matches your hubris you will understand the literary reference.

---------- Post added 04-05-2010 at 12:07 PM ----------

Fido;148570 wrote:
Some people see what is and some see what never was, and which is right???

---------- Post added 04-05-2010 at 01:06 PM ----------

Maybe that is the whole idea...If he locks them up either something will break, or he will be gone...

I would like to bet five dollars on something breaking...

Is that really the best you have to offer? I am sure you can do better than that, perhaps you should try again.

GoshisDead

Reply Mon 5 Apr, 2010 01:33 pm
@trismegisto,
trismegisto;148589 wrote:
When your education matches your hubris you will understand the literary reference.

I will not eat them on a boat i will not eat them with a goat.

Horton heard the who? Cindy Low who.

Red Fish blue fish dead fish you fish.

Literary references aren't that neat when they don't make sense.

trismegisto

Reply Mon 5 Apr, 2010 01:48 pm
@GoshisDead,
GoshisDead;148597 wrote:
I will not eat them on a boat i will not eat them with a goat.

Horton heard the who? Cindy Low who.

Red Fish blue fish dead fish you fish.

Literary references aren't that neat when they don't make sense.

If they don't make sense it is only because you do not possess the knowledge to understand them.

There is much knowledge to be gleaned from Dr. Seus, it is only the small mind that hears the rhyme and nothing more fills his plate.

jeeprs

Reply Mon 5 Apr, 2010 08:08 pm
@trismegisto,

In actual fact, I am quite well educated. I don't usually respond to posts like this, but I have to say something, and I can't sugar coat it.

As far as hubris is concerned, your entire post is written as if it is a prophetic announcement from on high. But it contains no philosophical substance that I can determine. I don't know how you claim to know that the universe consists of 'boundless light' or why you think your expression of this idea will impart any information to anyone who reads it. Anyone could sit down and write this kind of thing, but what is the point of saying it? So that the assembled throng thinks 'trismegisto is a guru'?

From the very small number of posts I have seen of yours I see no evidence of any actual philosophical education and, going on the evidence of what is written, I would say the chances are pretty good that you are actually delusional. So it is better to be upfront about it, as this after all is a forum where any ideas are up for criticism, yours, mine and anyone else's. I do generally present a viewpoint from the perspective of spiritual philosophy on the Forum, but I back it up with a lot of references, argumentation and reasoning instead of trying to come across as a prophet or enlightened being. If you were prepared to do the same, I might start to take your contributions seriously. But I just find the tone of your writing unbearably pretentious and completely lacking in credibility. I don't like to be negative, and I try to avoid confrontation, but it is just something I feel has to be said.

Fido

Reply Mon 5 Apr, 2010 08:39 pm
@trismegisto,
trismegisto;148605 wrote:
If they don't make sense it is only because you do not possess the knowledge to understand them.

There is much knowledge to be gleaned from Dr. Seus, it is only the small mind that hears the rhyme and nothing more fills his plate.

I could not learn to read when I was a child... When he died, I told some one the Dr. taught me how to read, no lie, and they asked if I had anything signed by him.... No... You see, he didn't really teach me personally...He just wrote these books that matched my intellect....

---------- Post added 04-05-2010 at 10:47 PM ----------

jeeprs;148712 wrote:
In actual fact, I am quite well educated. I don't usually respond to posts such like this, but I have to say something, and I can't sugar coat it.

As far as hubris is concerned, your entire post is written as if it is a prophetic announcement from on high. But it contains no philosophical substance that I can determine. I don't know how you claim to know that the universe consists of 'boundless light' or why you think your expression of this idea will impart any information to anyone who reads it. Anyone could sit down and write this kind of thing, but what is the point of saying it? So that the assembled throng things 'trismegisto is a guru'?

From the very small number of posts I have seen of yours I see no evidence of any actual philosophical education and, going on the evidence of what is written, I would say the chances are pretty good that you are actually delusional. So it is better to be upfront about it, as this after all is a forum where any ideas are up for criticism, yours, mine and anyone else's. I do generally present a viewpoint from the perspective of spiritual philosophy on the Forum, but I back it up with a lot of references, argumentation and reasoning instead of trying to come across as a prophet or enlightened being. If you were prepared to do the same, I might start to take your contributions seriously. But I just find the tone of your writing unbearably pretentious and completely lacking in credibility. I don't like to be negative, and I try to avoid confrontation, but it is just something I feel has to be said.

The infinite looks like a heavy bag, and no wise man would dare to hit it...But people like myself, for all practical purposes, Uneducated, find at the first jab that it has all the resistence of a feather pillow...You can make a mess of it, but hitting it will never wear anyone out...If it never builds any mental muscle, why do it??? Why not just shadow box??? The shadow has more get up and go...

---------- Post added 04-05-2010 at 10:51 PM ----------

---------- Post added 04-05-2010 at 12:07 PM ----------

Is that really the best you have to offer? I am sure you can do better than that, perhaps you should try again.

I am never at my best using another persons metaphore to carry my water... All I would say is: Of what you speak, no one can know, and of what we can know, the problems presented need every good soul, and willing mind to resolve... You're Welcome.

trismegisto

Reply Tue 6 Apr, 2010 10:49 am
@jeeprs,
jeeprs;148712 wrote:
In actual fact, I am quite well educated. I don't usually respond to posts like this, but I have to say something, and I can't sugar coat it.

As far as hubris is concerned, your entire post is written as if it is a prophetic announcement from on high. But it contains no philosophical substance that I can determine. I don't know how you claim to know that the universe consists of 'boundless light' or why you think your expression of this idea will impart any information to anyone who reads it. Anyone could sit down and write this kind of thing, but what is the point of saying it? So that the assembled throng thinks 'trismegisto is a guru'?

You are of course entitled to your OPINION. Perhaps when you get a little more life experience you mind will grow. Good Luck to you.

---------- Post added 04-06-2010 at 09:52 AM ----------

Fido;148716 wrote:
I could not learn to read when I was a child... When he died, I told some one the Dr. taught me how to read, no lie, and they asked if I had anything signed by him.... No... You see, he didn't really teach me personally...He just wrote these books that matched my intellect....

---------- Post added 04-05-2010 at 10:47 PM ----------

The infinite looks like a heavy bag, and no wise man would dare to hit it...But people like myself, for all practical purposes, Uneducated, find at the first jab that it has all the resistence of a feather pillow...You can make a mess of it, but hitting it will never wear anyone out...If it never builds any mental muscle, why do it??? Why not just shadow box??? The shadow has more get up and go...

---------- Post added 04-05-2010 at 10:51 PM ----------

I am never at my best using another persons metaphore to carry my water... All I would say is: Of what you speak, no one can know, and of what we can know, the problems presented need every good soul, and willing mind to resolve... You're Welcome.

I am not sure what purpose you seek by trolling this forum, but clearly philosophy is not it. I hope you find whatever it is you are lacking in your life so that you can regain some sense of happiness. Good luck to you.

Krumple

Reply Tue 6 Apr, 2010 11:33 am
@trismegisto,
trismegisto;148818 wrote:
You are of course entitled to your OPINION. Perhaps when you get a little more life experience you mind will grow. Good Luck to you.

I find this incredibly funny. Not only do you not know jeeprs but your argument results in an ad hominem. Even though I don't agree with jeeprs all that often, I can say he exhibits quite a bit of understanding. He probably has twice the life experience that you have, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was even more than that.

trismegisto

Reply Tue 6 Apr, 2010 11:40 am
@Krumple,
Krumple;148833 wrote:
I find this incredibly funny. Not only do you not know jeeprs but your argument results in an ad hominem. Even though I don't agree with jeeprs all that often, I can say he exhibits quite a bit of understanding. He probably has twice the life experience that you have, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was even more than that.

You have already lost all credibility so go ahead and think whatever you like. You have demonstrated you are just a troll with no philosophical ability in your arsenal. Your words are completely meaningless so feel free to write whatever you like, nobody believes a word you say.

Fido

Reply Tue 6 Apr, 2010 11:56 am
@trismegisto,
trismegisto;148818 wrote:

---------- Post added 04-06-2010 at 09:52 AM ----------

I am not sure what purpose you seek by trolling this forum, but clearly philosophy is not it. I hope you find whatever it is you are lacking in your life so that you can regain some sense of happiness. Good luck to you.

Thanks; but I do not much accept luck either...

trismegisto

Reply Tue 6 Apr, 2010 12:47 pm
@Fido,
Fido;148841 wrote:
Thanks; but I do not much accept luck either...

Try conscious contemplation then. It works every time in every individual. All you need to do is find a comfortable place where you are not distracted by your body and your surroundings. Then, actively think of all the actions you took to be there at that spot at that moment. Not just all the actions you took today, but all the actions you took in your entire life that brought you to that spot at that moment. That's all you gotta do.

What's the point, you might ask?

After awhile, when you have spent enough time you will have gained a complete knowledge of all your actions. At first, it will just be the significant moments in your life that you remember, but as you continue on, repeating the process over and over, you will begin to remember the smaller, less significant moments. With practice, as with all things, you will be able to consciously summon your entire life path, at will. Consciously understanding every action of your entire life and how it relates to every subsequent action in your life.

As this understanding blossoms, so will an understanding of how every external action upon you has affected your own actions. This summons an understanding of your place in the universe.

I would be interested to know your opinions of my ideas once you have an understanding of your place in the universe.

Doorsopen

Reply Tue 6 Apr, 2010 02:16 pm
@trismegisto,
jeeprs;148712 wrote:
back it up with a lot of references ... If you were prepared to do the same, I might start to take your contributions seriously.

Perhaps we might avoid the tiresome tactics which are overused in politics, and come back to the subject at hand?

A short, non-exhaustive, list of references which reiterate trismegisto's statement is provided below:

From BUNDAHIS, Pahlavi Texts, Part I:
Pahlavi Texts, Part I: Bundahi<I>s</I>: Chapter I

From THE BOOK OF LIGHT (Zohar):
Zohar: Genesis: Chapter I.

From The Vishnu Puran:
The Vishnu Purana: Preface: Book One

From Rig-Veda:
Rig Veda: Rig-Veda, Book 10: HYMN CXXIX. Creation.

From "The Untitled Text" On the Origin of the World from the Nag Hammadi Library:
On the Origin of the World -- The Nag Hammadi Library

These, and a great number of similar descriptions on the origin of creation, reveal a consistent history of belief. What influence do these beliefs have on issues of morality, on physics, on our understanding of love, on the origin of consciousness, on our place in society and the significance of life's existence ... ?

trismegisto

Reply Tue 6 Apr, 2010 02:25 pm
@Doorsopen,
Doorsopen;148882 wrote:
Perhaps we might avoid the tiresome tactics which are overused in politics, and come back to the subject at hand?

A short, non-exhaustive, list of references which reiterate trismegisto's statement is provided below:

From BUNDAHIS, Pahlavi Texts, Part I:
Pahlavi Texts, Part I: Bundahi<I>s</I>: Chapter I

From THE BOOK OF LIGHT (Zohar):
Zohar: Genesis: Chapter I.

From The Vishnu Puran:
The Vishnu Purana: Preface: Book One

From Rig-Veda:
Rig Veda: Rig-Veda, Book 10: HYMN CXXIX. Creation.

From "The Untitled Text" On the Origin of the World from the Nag Hammadi Library:
On the Origin of the World -- The Nag Hammadi Library

These, and a great number of similar descriptions on the origin of creation, reveal a consistent history of belief. What influence do these beliefs have on issues of morality, on physics, on our understanding of love, on the origin of consciousness, on our place in society and the significance of life's existence ... ?

My thanks. While it is true that these ideas are found in many cultures throughout time. All it takes is actively setting aside a little time every day to consciously contemplate one's place in the universe. It is fun to find historical personages that have discovered the same things but their authority is not necessary. It is freely available to all who care know.

Fido

Reply Tue 6 Apr, 2010 03:30 pm
@trismegisto,
trismegisto;148858 wrote:
Try conscious contemplation then. It works every time in every individual. All you need to do is find a comfortable place where you are not distracted by your body and your surroundings. Then, actively think of all the actions you took to be there at that spot at that moment. Not just all the actions you took today, but all the actions you took in your entire life that brought you to that spot at that moment. That's all you gotta do.

What's the point, you might ask?

After awhile, when you have spent enough time you will have gained a complete knowledge of all your actions. At first, it will just be the significant moments in your life that you remember, but as you continue on, repeating the process over and over, you will begin to remember the smaller, less significant moments. With practice, as with all things, you will be able to consciously summon your entire life path, at will. Consciously understanding every action of your entire life and how it relates to every subsequent action in your life.

As this understanding blossoms, so will an understanding of how every external action upon you has affected your own actions. This summons an understanding of your place in the universe.

I would be interested to know your opinions of my ideas once you have an understanding of your place in the universe.

Dude; I am like Job, in the Bible...I can count all my bones and it is because they all say: Here I am and boy do I hurt today... So unless I wanted to dull all my senses with drugs I will have to be contented with the distractions of my body...Now, I accept your spiritual awarness, but it is not philosophy, exactly, but that old time metaphysics that added to spit is about worth spit...You claim knowledge of infinites... Show me what you know...

---------- Post added 04-06-2010 at 05:37 PM ----------

trismegisto;148884 wrote:
My thanks. While it is true that these ideas are found in many cultures throughout time. All it takes is actively setting aside a little time every day to consciously contemplate one's place in the universe. It is fun to find historical personages that have discovered the same things but their authority is not necessary. It is freely available to all who care know.

Try to locate your place in the universe with cartesian coodinates... Some say man stands midway between the cosmos and the microcosmos...How would they go about proving such a thing??? The fact is, we are better off coming to terms with what we do not know than contemplating our place even in this galaxy, which, like spilled milk is better cleaned up than cried over... Contemplate your ignorance as I contemplate mine... So much to know, so little life, so little intelligence with which to add to knowledge... How do we survive as we are, as dumb as fense posts???Who says we are surviving???

trismegisto

Reply Tue 6 Apr, 2010 03:57 pm
@Fido,
Fido;148899 wrote:
Dude; I am like Job, in the Bible...I can count all my bones and it is because they all say: Here I am and boy do I hurt today... So unless I wanted to dull all my senses with drugs I will have to be contented with the distractions of my body...Now, I accept your spiritual awarness, but it is not philosophy, exactly, but that old time metaphysics that added to spit is about worth spit...You claim knowledge of infinites... Show me what you know...

As I have clearly explained it is entirely on you to remember knowledge. Do you think that a major league baseball player can SHOW you how to throw a ninety mile an hour fastball? Of course not, no matter how well the instruction you simply do not possess the skills to throw a ball that fast. However, once you have taken in the lesson and have practiced over and over and over and over and over again, you may very well be able to throw a fast ball ninety miles an hour.

Your notion of this philosophy is incorrect, it is not spiritual awareness, it is intellectual understanding.

You just don't have the skills yet. With practice though, as with everything in life you will get it, if you chose to dedicate the time.

No one can hold your hand and do it for you, you have to do it yourself. Just follow the steps I have already explained.

Fido;148899 wrote:
Try to locate your place in the universe with cartesian coodinates... Some say man stands midway between the cosmos and the microcosmos...How would they go about proving such a thing???

It requires no proof. It is not a scientific assertion. It is an intellectual statement designed to invoke the imaginative organs to contemplate the ideas and objects of Creation, not the things and thoughts of the universe.

Fido;148899 wrote:
The fact is, we are better off coming to terms with what we do not know than contemplating our place even in this galaxy, which, like spilled milk is better cleaned up than cried over... Contemplate your ignorance as I contemplate mine... So much to know, so little life, so little intelligence with which to add to knowledge... How do we survive as we are, as dumb as fense posts???Who says we are surviving???

You have made your point. I find it shallow, childish, and without any intellectual foundation. You of course are entitled to maintain this position, I however, am not required to pay any more attention to it than I do a morality lesson offered by adolf hitler.

If you are not even capable of attempting to better yourself then there is nothing more for us to discuss.

Good luck with your version of reality.

jeeprs

Reply Tue 6 Apr, 2010 03:59 pm
@trismegisto,
trismegisto;148884 wrote:
It is freely available to all who care know.

It is curious, then, how throughout the millenia, so many have dedicated such enormous, one might say superhuman, efforts to realizing and working out the implications of these momentous ideas. For example, in Buddhism, it is well understood that Nirvana is something that can be attained in this life, but, for example, in the Southern schools, a rigorous program of Vipassana meditation is recommended, grounded in regular 10-day retreats, and reinforced by a two-hour-a-day practice commitment. Zen also puts a lot of emphasis on sitting practice, observing the precepts, and living a dedicated Buddhist life. The Tibetan schools mainly practice tantric awareness through guru-yoga, which again is a very arduous path. The Veda are indeed the basis for the religious life of the Hindus, which again is embedded in a cultural matrix consisting of devotional and spiritual practices and disciplines aimed at subduing the egoistic tendencies of the student. The yogic disciplines can indeed provide the higher realizations, but the student had to be willing to undergo the training.

It may well be true that for those who consciousness has been transformed by realization of the great truths, reality is indeed the emanation of light or an idea in the mind of God. But all of the sources that were quoted, are scriptures of one or another ancient spiritual tradition (including Zoroastrianism, I note) which, taken out of the context of the devotional tradition within which they are meaningful, may or may not yield the insights you have paraphrased. I mean, all of this information is widely available now, but undergoing the preliminaries and realizing the fruits of the practice requires a lifelong commitment, indeed, a religious discipline, which is what they are all referring to. And I don't think that composing free text around the themes of 'boundless light' and 'the nature of evil' indicates any real engagement with these traditions or understanding of what they are trying to convey.

trismegisto

Reply Tue 6 Apr, 2010 04:07 pm
@jeeprs,
jeeprs;148913 wrote:
It is curious, then, how throughout the millenia, so many have dedicated such enormous, one might say superhuman, efforts to realizing and working out the implications of these momentous ideas. For example, in Buddhism, it is well understood that Nirvana is something that can be attained in this life, but, for example, in the Southern schools, a rigorous program of Vipassana meditation is recommended, grounded in regular 10-day retreats, and reinforced by a two-hour-a-day practice commitment. Zen also puts a lot of emphasis on sitting practice, observing the precepts, and living a dedicated Buddhist life. The Tibetan schools mainly practice tantric awareness through guru-yoga, which again is a very arduous path. The Veda are indeed the basis for the religious life of the Hindus, which again is embedded in a cultural matrix consisting of devotional and spiritual practices and disciplines aimed at subduing the egoistic tendencies of the student. The yogic disciplines can indeed provide the higher realizations, but the student had to be willing to undergo the training.

It may well be true that for those who consciousness has been transformed by realization of the great truths, reality is indeed the emanation of light or an idea in the mind of God. But all of the sources that were quoted, are scriptures of one or another ancient spiritual tradition (including Zoroastrianism, I note) which, taken out of the context of the devotional tradition within which they are meaningful, may or may not yield the insights you have paraphrased. I mean, all of this information is widely available now, but undergoing the preliminaries and realizing the fruits of the practice requires a lifelong commitment, indeed, a religious discipline, which is what they are all referring to. And I don't think that composing free text around the themes of 'boundless light' and 'the nature of evil' indicates any real engagement with these traditions or understanding of what they are trying to convey.

Why do you waste your time with schools that obviously have no affect?
A lifetime of practice? Enlightenment can be reached in one night sitting under a tree if you contemplate correctly. It can be attained and maintained over and over in every successive moment.

Every religion has instituted dogmatic nonsense to maintain order and subjugation to the master. Anyone that tells you that they have the answer to enlightenment is a liar and simply trying to enslave you for their own selfish purposes. Anyone that tells you that you already posess the answer to enlightenment and that no one but yourself can guide your path has knowledge you should pay close attention to.

jeeprs

Reply Tue 6 Apr, 2010 04:22 pm
@trismegisto,
"The fool who knows he is fool is at least wise in this regard. For the fool who thinks he is wise, there is no hope" - The Dhammapada.

1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » Evangelism
  3. » On Creation
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/25/2024 at 07:51:51