On Creation

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Fido
 
Reply Fri 9 Apr, 2010 04:45 am
@trismegisto,
trismegisto;149780 wrote:
I do not see why you should feel so threatened about my certainties. I have no authority here. I can tell you the truth but I can never convince you of it. You have to come of it on your own. I can point out when wrong turns are made but I can't stop anyone along their path.

Why would you get angry at a treasure map just because you do not not how to read it? It does not make the the treasure any less real, any less valuable. You just have to keep trying to figure it out until eventually you get to the treasure.

I can tell you how to get the treasure but ultimately its you that has to go get it.

---------- Post added 04-08-2010 at 07:36 PM ----------



The same facts that everyone consciously contemplates. Experience. I know everything that I have exprienced, can you say the same?

Lie to me and see where that gets you...Even on this forum we see many levels of knowledge, and among the knowledgeable we see various levels of common sense... Part of the reason we are here is to share knowledge, and not just insight, annd insight without knowledge is always suspect...
 
trismegisto
 
Reply Fri 9 Apr, 2010 10:35 am
@xris,
xris;149881 wrote:
We may have our own treasure map. I'm not angry, its you that expresses yourself with anger. My experiences are not yours and yours are not mine. Can I convince you by reciting mine?


You can no more convince anybody of anything than I can. Don't be so mad at what others share. Just relax, you'll be alright.

---------- Post added 04-09-2010 at 09:37 AM ----------

Pepijn Sweep;149887 wrote:
Creation of a Stoa instead of a Marketplace. If someone claims no authority, can not get his message across and dis-stresses Philosophers should person (troll) stay on ?

Do we not have an Exit button ?

I realize it is primitive but talking stops at a certain point.

Pepijn Sweep
Hermes Trismegistus Fan !
:bigsmile:


Come on, kid, just take your medications and go troll somewhere else. Your handicap was cute at first but you really are just sad.

---------- Post added 04-09-2010 at 09:38 AM ----------

Fido;149889 wrote:
Lie to me and see where that gets you...Even on this forum we see many levels of knowledge, and among the knowledgeable we see various levels of common sense... Part of the reason we are here is to share knowledge, and not just insight, annd insight without knowledge is always suspect...


Thank you for your remarks, although I must admit they make little sense. But thank you all the same.
 
xris
 
Reply Fri 9 Apr, 2010 01:35 pm
@trismegisto,
I think your beyond redemption, I leave you to your certainties.
 
trismegisto
 
Reply Fri 9 Apr, 2010 06:06 pm
@xris,
xris;150015 wrote:
I think your beyond redemption, I leave you to your certainties.


Good Luck upon your journey!
 
William
 
Reply Fri 9 Apr, 2010 06:13 pm
@reasoning logic,
reasoning logic;149015 wrote:
William we need to get busy on the science of understanding the mind and ethics as you and me will have descendents just like this.:detective:


I made a mistake in my response to this post by reasoning logic. I mistook it for another poster. Sorry rl. we all make mistakes when we get angry. I am by no means an exception to that rule. Please accept my apology. :flowers:

Thank you,
William
 
Fido
 
Reply Fri 9 Apr, 2010 07:46 pm
@xris,
xris;150015 wrote:
I think your beyond redemption, I leave you to your certainties.

Certainty is the brain food of fools...

---------- Post added 04-09-2010 at 09:48 PM ----------

trismegisto;150101 wrote:
Good Luck upon your journey!


Is that another way of saying: Get out of town!!!!! ???
 
trismegisto
 
Reply Fri 9 Apr, 2010 07:51 pm
@Fido,
Fido;150126 wrote:
Certainty is the brain food of fools...

---------- Post added 04-09-2010 at 09:48 PM ----------



Is that another way of saying: Get out of town!!!!! ???



You'll have to try better than that my son
 
reasoning logic
 
Reply Fri 9 Apr, 2010 08:17 pm
@trismegisto,
trismegisto;150129 wrote:
You'll have to try better than that my son


I would like to invite others to read other post in other threads by Trismegisto, as I find a high level of intellect in them [ in my opinion] He does come acoss angry and odd in this thread but then again we all have evil in us.

When we feel that others do not care about what we have to share [ what we value] with others We do become emotional. Trismegisto please try to ignore what may seem to be hateful by others and others please try not to take personally Trismegisto emotions to your replies. and see how far we all get. Ok you all can be mad at me now if you like, but I am only sharing my point of view with you all. Thanks, Reasoning Self Logic:detective:
 
xris
 
Reply Sat 10 Apr, 2010 03:25 am
@reasoning logic,
reasoning logic;150134 wrote:
I would like to invite others to read other post in other threads by Trismegisto, as I find a high level of intellect in them [ in my opinion] He does come acoss angry and odd in this thread but then again we all have evil in us.

When we feel that others do not care about what we have to share [ what we value] with others We do become emotional. Trismegisto please try to ignore what may seem to be hateful by others and others please try not to take personally Trismegisto emotions to your replies. and see how far we all get. Ok you all can be mad at me now if you like, but I am only sharing my point of view with you all. Thanks, Reasoning Self Logic:detective:
I think you have god intentions but his inability to reason and his quickness to be abusive has angered many. We do have differences of opinion and we do fall out but I hope we act we civility towards each other. Lets hope your words of encouragement work.
 
trismegisto
 
Reply Sat 10 Apr, 2010 09:03 am
@xris,
xris;150177 wrote:
I think you have god intentions but his inability to reason and his quickness to be abusive has angered many. We do have differences of opinion and we do fall out but I hope we act we civility towards each other. Lets hope your words of encouragement work.




More blathering from a fool. Will it never end?

You have demonstrated time and again that you have no ability for philosophy and yet you continue to troll around embarrassing yourself with you ineptitude?

Do you not even realize how sophmoric you are?
You have no business writing anything in this forum. You should just quietly read and learn.
 
xris
 
Reply Sat 10 Apr, 2010 10:28 am
@reasoning logic,
reasoning logic;150134 wrote:
I would like to invite others to read other post in other threads by Trismegisto, as I find a high level of intellect in them [ in my opinion] He does come acoss angry and odd in this thread but then again we all have evil in us.

When we feel that others do not care about what we have to share [ what we value] with others We do become emotional. Trismegisto please try to ignore what may seem to be hateful by others and others please try not to take personally Trismegisto emotions to your replies. and see how far we all get. Ok you all can be mad at me now if you like, but I am only sharing my point of view with you all. Thanks, Reasoning Self Logic:detective:
I think your reasoning on logic has let you down on this occasion, its like dealing with an angry dog that has no teeth.
 
reasoning logic
 
Reply Sat 10 Apr, 2010 12:59 pm
@xris,
xris;150267 wrote:
I think your reasoning on logic has let you down on this occasion, its like dealing with an angry dog that has no teeth.

Did you notice him lashing out at me and trying to put me down? I can only imagine it was because I was not trying to put him down. I made a post asking each of the readers to try and give him a chance and after that post you replied with this [his [inability to reason]:poke-eye: and his quickness to be abusive has angered many] Do you think that this could have been offensive to him?:detective: I may start another thread in ethics on all of this. I will not give answers but will only ask questions to all of the readers so that you all can be the judges and not I.
 
xris
 
Reply Sat 10 Apr, 2010 01:03 pm
@reasoning logic,
reasoning logic;150303 wrote:
Did you notice him lashing out at me and trying to put me down? I can only imagine it was because I was not trying to put him down. I made a post asking each of the readers to try and give him a chance and after that post you replied with this [his [inability to reason]:poke-eye: and his quickness to be abusive has angered many] Do you think that this could have been offensive to him?:detective: I may start another thread in ethics on all of this. I will not give answers but will only ask questions to all of the readers so that you all can be the judges and not I.
Being the subject of examination will hardly calm his aggression. I dont know if I want to curse him or console him.
 
reasoning logic
 
Reply Sat 10 Apr, 2010 01:21 pm
@xris,
xris;150307 wrote:
Being the subject of examination will hardly calm his aggression. I dont know if I want to curse him or console him.

I had in mind all of our replies to be the subject of examination Smile
 
Reconstructo
 
Reply Sat 10 Apr, 2010 01:34 pm
@trismegisto,
trismegisto;145453 wrote:

By the will of the infinite supreme man was brought forth to witness creation from within and through mans love of the eternal harmony of god's creation and the of all the ideas and objects within, brought forth the universe in celebration.


I can agree with the essence of what you are driving at here. It's a positive poetry, one might say. How far off is this interpretation? That the Supreme brings forth man to share in its/his Beauty/Goodness.

It does come off more as a hybrid of poetry/myth/philosophy than straight philosophy. I'm not saying there is anything wrong with that. But if you want to be better understood, you might want to shape it up, present it more clearly. And maybe add certain disclaimers. I say this because if you are understood as a mystic you are going to encounter to some serious resistance. As mysticism is associated with the Dark Ages, etc.

Personally, I find all sorts of mysticism poetically or metaphorically true. As to the boundary twixt philosophy, mysticism, and poetry, that's a complicated issue. You are coming from a positive place, it seems, and that resonates with me. On the other hand, I'm also a lover of clarity. Anyway, I'm glad to have you on the forum. :bigsmile:
 
Holiday20310401
 
Reply Sat 10 Apr, 2010 02:43 pm
@Reconstructo,
There has to be a good reason for being esoteric, to me, even in the mysticism sense.

The difference between mysticism and poetry is the latter is never trying to be.
 
trismegisto
 
Reply Sat 10 Apr, 2010 03:57 pm
@xris,
xris;150267 wrote:
I think your reasoning on logic has let you down on this occasion, its like dealing with an angry dog that has no teeth.


For someone whop has no philosophy you sure post a lot.

---------- Post added 04-10-2010 at 03:11 PM ----------

Reconstructo;150320 wrote:
I can agree with the essence of what you are driving at here. It's a positive poetry, one might say. How far off is this interpretation? That the Supreme brings forth man to share in its/his Beauty/Goodness.


If Man is distinguished from men, then yes. Man is brought forth by the Supreme to witness *God's* Creation.

Reconstructo;150320 wrote:
It does come off more as a hybrid of poetry/myth/philosophy than straight philosophy.


The main problem is that the word philosophy has lost all meaning in modern times. Most people on this forum just argue semantics and never do perform any philosophy. Just look through this thread at how many post contain no philosophy, just petty rantings about superficial tangents that have nothing to do with the topic.

Reconstructo;150320 wrote:
I'm not saying there is anything wrong with that. But if you want to be better understood, you might want to shape it up, present it more clearly. And maybe add certain disclaimers. I say this because if you are understood as a mystic you are going to encounter to some serious resistance. As mysticism is associated with the Dark Ages, etc.


The people whom I care to be understood by, such as yourself, are the ones that are capable of asking questions. The fools that jump to conclusions need to be dispatched as quickly as possible as they have not yet reached an intellectual maturity to understand true philosophy.

It is better to weed them out and keep them bickering about their own weaknesses than to foolishly impart knowledge on to those who are not capable of understanding.


Reconstructo;150320 wrote:
Personally, I find all sorts of mysticism poetically or metaphorically true. As to the boundary twixt philosophy, mysticism, and poetry, that's a complicated issue. You are coming from a positive place, it seems, and that resonates with me. On the other hand, I'm also a lover of clarity. Anyway, I'm glad to have you on the forum. :bigsmile:


True philosophy only exists in the mind and cannot be expressed with words, images or symbols. It is only through story that ideas are ever adequately conveyed from one body to another.
 
sometime sun
 
Reply Sat 10 Apr, 2010 05:06 pm
@trismegisto,
trismegisto; Hunting is not a sport, please put your b b riffle away you dont need it, please use your blade. Open.
 
trismegisto
 
Reply Sat 10 Apr, 2010 06:56 pm
@sometime sun,
sometime sun;150377 wrote:
trismegisto; Hunting is not a sport, please put your b b riffle away you dont need it, please use your blade. Open.



Since I started this thread a better analogy would be trapping.
 
sometime sun
 
Reply Wed 14 Apr, 2010 09:18 am
@trismegisto,
trismegisto;150399 wrote:
Since I started this thread a better analogy would be trapping.

Snares ought be illegal, elephants get there feet stuck in them and are deformed for life.
 
 

 
Copyright © 2019 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 06/25/2019 at 06:55:21