On Creation

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

trismegisto

Reply Tue 6 Apr, 2010 04:29 pm
@jeeprs,
jeeprs;148922 wrote:
"The fool who knows he is fool is at least wise in this regard. For the fool who thinks he is wise, there is no hope" - The Dhammapada.

This is a great saying for you to spend some time consciously contemplating. Good Luck.

jeeprs

Reply Tue 6 Apr, 2010 04:41 pm
@trismegisto,
well, trismegisto, I would rather be what I am, which is a student of wisdom and a contributor to the forum, than a pseudo-guru, of which the world has more than enough already. There is no such thing as pure spirituality in the abstract and anything presented as such is likely to be an egoic delusion. But there is no point arguing it further, so goodbye.

trismegisto

Reply Tue 6 Apr, 2010 04:46 pm
@jeeprs,
jeeprs;148929 wrote:
well, trismegisto, I would rather be what I am, which is a student of wisdom and a contributor to the forum, than a pseudo-guru, of which the world has more than enough already. There is no such thing as pure spirituality in the abstract and anything presented as such is likely to be an egoic delusion. But there is no point arguing it further, so goodbye.

Apparently you are just a troll. You have not provided anything to the discussion other than abuse and ignorant rantings.

It is clear that you do not yet possess the rudimentary skillset required for even basic philosophical understanding.

I do hope that you someday learn to overcome this disability there is a vast arena of knowledge available as soon as you let your fears go and desire to know.

(There is no need to reply, you have nothing more to add)

reasoning logic

Reply Tue 6 Apr, 2010 04:57 pm
@trismegisto,
I may be the least among you great thinkers but I do have a question for you, Do you believe in neurophilosophy? :detective:

trismegisto

Reply Tue 6 Apr, 2010 04:59 pm
@reasoning logic,
reasoning logic;148934 wrote:
I may be the least among you great thinkers but I do have a question for you, Do you believe in neurophilosophy? :detective:

Maybe, what do you call neurophilosophy?

William

Reply Tue 6 Apr, 2010 05:08 pm
@trismegisto,
Hello Tri. I was not going to respond because I could not understand what you are saying. I'm not saying someone in the world does not; I am sure there is someone out there who does. Communication is lacking in what we offer each other. No doubt. If you communicate with only the very few who communicate the same as you nothing will ever be heard by anyone else except those in that small group. Now if someone can translate what you are offering; great? I don't think he is here in this forum? At least he has not yet responded.

I write some of the longest posts on this forum and I know I take a chance because of that in that many will not take the time to read all that I offer in those posts. They are long because I try to clarify using realistic justifications in what I offer at the same time. making what could be understood as esoteric.....simpler and not so beyond anyone's ability to understand it.

If you would do that, I think what you are offering would be received much better. For you to assume someone ignorant or just young because they don't, is highly condescending. Evident by some of the responses you are receiving here, now.

If you are indeed an enlighten person who knows what you say is true but unable to express what you know in such a way in which the majority of others can understand it; what good is it accomplishing?

William

trismegisto

Reply Tue 6 Apr, 2010 05:24 pm
@William,
William;148941 wrote:
Hello Tri. I was not going to respond because I could not understand what you are saying. I'm not saying someone in the world does not; I am sure there is someone out there who does. Communication is lacking in what we offer each other. No doubt. If you communicate with only the very few who communicate the same as you nothing will ever be heard by anyone else except those in that small group. Now if someone can translate what you are offering; great? I don't think he is here in this forum? At least he has not yet responded.

I write some of the longest posts on this forum and I know I take a chance because of that in that many will not take the time to read all that I offer in those posts. They are long because I try to clarify using realistic justifications in what I offer at the same time. making what could be understood as esoteric.....simpler and not so beyond anyone's ability to understand it.

If you would do that, I think what you are offering would be received much better. For you to assume someone ignorant or just young because they don't, is highly condescending. Evident by some of the responses you are receiving here, now.

If you are indeed an enlighten person who knows what you say is true but unable to express what you know in such a way in which the majority of others can understand it; what good is it accomplishing?

William

As always I am more than happy to answer questions about anything I post. However, when the knee jerk reactions of those that possess no insight insist on harassment rather than discussion, I am willing to oblige. I am not trying to convince anyone of the things I know, I am simply offering them and a discussion about them.

But lets be fair, most of the people that reply here are not philosophers, they are disciples of some book they've read and decided to place their faith in. Next year they will read another book and decide their faith belongs some place else.

You clearly have issue with what I have written, as cleverly expressed in your post and yet you are capable of making your observations with civility and respect. What distinguishes you from the rest? An intellectual maturity.

I hold no animosity towards your post, and you appear not to have any animosity towards mine and yet you have no idea what I am talking about. So why do these others instantly go on attack? They are intellectual children and sometimes children need to be spanked. If I have to be the spanker, so be it.

Now, is there anything about Creation you would like clarified?

jeeprs

Reply Tue 6 Apr, 2010 05:29 pm
@trismegisto,
trismegisto;148930 wrote:
Apparently you are just a troll. You have not provided anything to the discussion other than abuse and ignorant rantings.

It is clear that you do not yet possess the rudimentary skillset required for even basic philosophical understanding.

I do hope that you someday learn to overcome this disability there is a vast arena of knowledge available as soon as you let your fears go and desire to know.

(There is no need to reply, you have nothing more to add)

But I have some further questions.

Perhaps you should let us know where you came by your knowledge of the ultimate source of the universe, the nature of reality, and the beginning and end of suffering. Because, as I said, it seems to me that you are just making it up. Are you a part of any school or lineage? Do you do any teaching of these matters? What trials did you have to undergo to reach this plateau of experience?

A contributor provided links to several of the scriptural sources of 'mystical writings' similar in style to what you have contributed. Is there any particular one of these schools you feel an affinity for? Do you see yourself aligned with any particular spiritual tradition? Do you have a guru?

As for those who don't feel that the universe is 'boundless light', how do you recommend they go about reaching this ecstatic state whereby all suffering is dissolved? I am sure that there are many people for whom life is far from 'boundless light' - it is mainly financial obligations, trying to make a living, keep their relationships together, deal with the many problems life brings us day to day. Is there any particular way you can recommend for dissolving the bonds of egotistical attachment and craving in such circumstances?

William

Reply Tue 6 Apr, 2010 05:38 pm
@trismegisto,
trismegisto;148952 wrote:

Now, is there anything about Creation you would like clarified?

Yeah, prove it? While your doing that, who created God? That's the argument Tri and always has been. We create and I understand that and it takes more than one to do that. Simple mathematics...one plus one equals two. There has always be the one. To try and figure out where the one comes from is impossible unless it truly is infinite and always was and will be.

Thanks,

William

reasoning logic

Reply Tue 6 Apr, 2010 05:48 pm
@trismegisto,
trismegisto;148937 wrote:
Maybe, what do you call neurophilosophy?

A combined study of Philosophy, neurology, psychology and biology. It is somewhat new. :detective:

trismegisto

Reply Tue 6 Apr, 2010 05:49 pm
@jeeprs,
jeeprs;148956 wrote:
But I have some further questions.

Alright then, lets have. Don't disappoint me.

jeeprs;148956 wrote:
Perhaps you should let us know where you came by your knowledge of the ultimate source of the universe, the nature of reality, and the beginning and end of suffering. Because, as I said, it seems to me that you are just making it up. Are you a part of any school or lineage? Do you do any teaching of these matters? What trials did you have to undergo to reach this plateau of experience?

Darn it I was hoping for more. Before I answer your questions here I require you to answer one of my own. Why do you rely so heavily on the authority of others, are you not comfortable making your own decisions?

jeeprs;148956 wrote:
A contributor provided links to several of the scriptural sources of 'mystical writings' similar in style to what you have contributed. Is there any particular one of these schools you feel an affinity for? Do you see yourself aligned with any particular spiritual tradition? Do you have a guru?

Just about all of those writings are the same story. They come from different times, different cultures, and different locations, but they were all written by followers of the same philosophy. Conscious Contemplation. They all knew that Knowledge is remembered and that we all contain within ourselves the source. Each is their on interpretation of the same knowledge.

jeeprs;148956 wrote:
As for those who don't feel that the universe is 'boundless light', how do you recommend they go about reaching this ecstatic state whereby all suffering is dissolved?

Wow, that was almost free from sarcasm, you are growing! Okay first, the universe is not boundless light, although it is of the boundless light. The Boundless light is the Infinite Supreme. The One, the All, the Everything including nothing. The universe is an aspect of Creation. Secondly, I have not mentioned anything of suffering. That is a figment of your imagination. As is suffering. It is a security blanket of sorts. As for reaching an understanding of the universe, I have already written of the steps involved, just reread the thread and you will have it.

jeeprs;148956 wrote:
I am sure that there are many people for whom life is far from 'boundless light' - it is mainly financial obligations, trying to make a living, keep their relationships together, deal with the many problems life brings us day to day. Is there any particular way you can recommend for dissolving the bonds of egotistical attachment and craving in such circumstances?

I was once told that, "When all you want is all you need, you shall want for nothing." I would suggest consciously contemplating that thought in relationship to all the "things" you have filled your life with. That would be a good start.

Gotta say, I am impressed. I might just have to change my opinion of you.

William

Reply Tue 6 Apr, 2010 05:50 pm
@trismegisto,
We are here to help each other. That is the nature of the forum and I will agree there are those here who could care less. They just want to show how so very smart they are. That's okay if done in a courteous manner and there is something that can be learned from them. If that is what you are here for or to think you have that right to "spank" anyone who does not agree with you and challenges what you offer or declares they do not understand, then I think few will pay any attention to anything you have to offer.

William

Fido

Reply Tue 6 Apr, 2010 05:55 pm
@trismegisto,
trismegisto;148912 wrote:
As I have clearly explained it is entirely on you to remember knowledge. Do you think that a major league baseball player can SHOW you how to throw a ninety mile an hour fastball? Of course not, no matter how well the instruction you simply do not possess the skills to throw a ball that fast. However, once you have taken in the lesson and have practiced over and over and over and over and over again, you may very well be able to throw a fast ball ninety miles an hour.

Your notion of this philosophy is incorrect, it is not spiritual awareness, it is intellectual understanding.

You just don't have the skills yet. With practice though, as with everything in life you will get it, if you chose to dedicate the time.

No one can hold your hand and do it for you, you have to do it yourself. Just follow the steps I have already explained.

It requires no proof. It is not a scientific assertion. It is an intellectual statement designed to invoke the imaginative organs to contemplate the ideas and objects of Creation, not the things and thoughts of the universe.

You have made your point. I find it shallow, childish, and without any intellectual foundation. You of course are entitled to maintain this position, I however, am not required to pay any more attention to it than I do a morality lesson offered by adolf hitler.

If you are not even capable of attempting to better yourself then there is nothing more for us to discuss.

Good luck with your version of reality.

I concede you the point... You are wise, and I am stupid... Lucky you...

trismegisto

Reply Tue 6 Apr, 2010 06:10 pm
@Fido,
Fido;148970 wrote:
I concede you the point... You are wise, and I am stupid... Lucky you...

Man, all I am saying is actively make a little time everyday to consciously contemplate your place in the universe. If you really want to gain a knowledge of understanding just try it. It will cost you nothing but some time and I guarantee you will get results.

Our place in the universe is just a starting point that everyone has access to. But there are myriad thoughts and things that can be consciously contemplated. Every one brings us a little closer.

Its not about who is wise and who is lucky it is about sharing understanding and the ways in which we acquire it.

William

Reply Tue 6 Apr, 2010 06:16 pm
@trismegisto,
trismegisto;148980 wrote:
Man, all I am saying is actively make a little time everyday to consciously contemplate your place in the universe. If you really want to gain a knowledge of understanding just try it. It will cost you nothing but some time and I guarantee you will get results.

Our place in the universe is just a starting point that everyone has access to. But there are myriad thoughts and things that can be consciously contemplated. Every one brings us a little closer.

Its not about who is wise and who is lucky it is about sharing understanding and the ways in which we acquire it.

Now that was not so difficult was it? Good going, "man".

william

jeeprs

Reply Tue 6 Apr, 2010 06:19 pm
@trismegisto,
trismegisto;148952 wrote:
They are intellectual children and sometimes children need to be spanked. If I have to be the spanker, so be it.

This is extremely condescending, don't you think? I mean, this could be reported as 'threat of violence', so wake up to yourself.

When you put ideas up here on the forum, they will be criticized, and you have to be able to defend them. Whatever the merit of the idea in the OP they have to be made to stand up and given some context. The world is full of people who reckon they know the secret of life, and it sets of my bulls*** detector whenever I think I see it. And so far, I have had no reason to amend my initial judgement.

I am not a hostile person, but I am a critical thinker. It is very important, if you are to take on ideas of this kind, that you really do understand them, and represent them properly, and I don't think, thus far, you are making a good job of it.

trismegisto

Reply Tue 6 Apr, 2010 06:39 pm
@jeeprs,
jeeprs;148989 wrote:
This is extremely condescending, don't you think? I mean, this could be reported as 'threat of violence', so wake up to yourself.

Boy, just when I thought you were developing a little maturity. With childish rants like this how can one help from being condescending. By the way, when I make a threat of violence against you, it will be clear to everyone, exactly as to my intent. Your whining tantrum gets you nowhere. Its too bad, you were starting to learn.

jeeprs;148989 wrote:
When you put ideas up here on the forum, they will be criticized, and you have to be able to defend them. Whatever the merit of the idea in the OP they have to be made to stand up and given some context. The world is full of people who reckon they know the secret of life, and it sets of my bulls*** detector whenever I think I see it. And so far, I have had no reason to amend my initial judgement.

Not a single idea of mine has been discredited as of yet, especially by the likes of this forum, when a legitimate critique is applied I will be happy to defend the validity of my ideas. Until then I am just going to contine to spank you for your disrespectful and childish rants.

jeeprs;148989 wrote:
I am not a hostile person, but I am a critical thinker. It is very important, if you are to take on ideas of this kind, that you really do understand them, and represent them properly, and I don't think, thus far, you are making a good job of it.

Have you ever heard of transference? You are transparent. You are simply projecting your own self loathing. Its okay, but will not be taken seriously.

jeeprs

Reply Tue 6 Apr, 2010 06:45 pm
@trismegisto,
anyone else care to comment on this? I would be very interested in some input from the community. Thanks.

trismegisto

Reply Tue 6 Apr, 2010 06:50 pm
@jeeprs,
jeeprs;148996 wrote:
anyone else care to comment on this? I would be very interested in some input from the community. Thanks.

No one cares about your trolling. When are you gonna understand that?

William

Reply Tue 6 Apr, 2010 06:52 pm
@jeeprs,
jeeprs;148996 wrote:

We have. I suggest you do what most are doing.

William

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/24/2024 at 05:51:04