If A Tree Fell And Nobody Was There To Hear It Does It Make A Sound?

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

xris

Reply Sat 22 Nov, 2008 02:59 pm
@Theaetetus,
Theaetetus wrote:
This is not justification.
justified whose the judge?

Solipsistic Cat

Reply Sat 22 Nov, 2008 03:04 pm
@Theaetetus,
Theaetetus wrote:
This is not justification.

Thank you.

Quote:
Fate is word that serves its purpose but it does not relay your true feelings...do you feel inhibited by not being able to dispute my reasoning and your only resort is abuse? I have justification but it does not fit your logic..just dispute my reasons or be still..

No, im inhibited by the fact you will not tell us your reasoning. I disputed the one reason you deigned to share with us, and i would like to hear the rest.

xris

Reply Sat 22 Nov, 2008 03:17 pm
@Solipsistic Cat,
Solipsistic_Cat wrote:
Thank you.

No, im inhibited by the fact you will not tell us your reasoning. I disputed the one reason you deigned to share with us, and i would like to hear the rest.
AHH you have admirer i bet that encourages you..read my posts and come back with what you propose to oppose and stop the dramatics... debate...

Solipsistic Cat

Reply Sat 22 Nov, 2008 03:20 pm
@xris,
xris wrote:
AHH you have admirer i bet that encourages you..read my posts and come back with what you propose to oppose and stop the dramatics... debate...

I am not oposing anything!
I am trying to find out what it is you think, but all you have revealed is a strange contempt for those who like to consider philosophical ideas.

No matter how many times more i read your posts, they will still have nothing in them

xris

Reply Sat 22 Nov, 2008 03:22 pm
@xris,
i have reread your posts and you have not once asked a direct question of consequence or had any positive input..bit of red writing but nought else..

xris

Reply Sat 22 Nov, 2008 03:23 pm
@Solipsistic Cat,
Solipsistic_Cat wrote:
I am not oposing anything!
I am trying to find out what it is you think, but all you have revealed is a strange contempt for those who like to consider philosophical ideas.

No matter how many times more i read your posts, they will still have nothing in them
if there is nothing in them how do oppose them with such vigour?

Solipsistic Cat

Reply Sat 22 Nov, 2008 03:25 pm
@Solipsistic Cat,
I can see a montage is necessary

Solipsistic_Cat wrote:
Appeal to consequences. Can you please inform us of the results of your "parlour games" which logically disprove the notion of solipsism?
*waits with baited breath*

Quote:
Please show how this "pathology" is so easily refutable, after all, since noone else in history has produced conclusive proof, we are relying on your wisdom

Quote:
Come on, tell us how do you KNOW beyond a shadow of a doubt that the world of your perceptions is real?

There we go

xris

Reply Sat 22 Nov, 2008 03:26 pm
@xris,
xris wrote:
Human concept SOUND..wot..so how do animals hear..this self indulgence by humanity is a bit too much at times...so the sound waves that echoed through the forest that stirred the leaves that scared the birds that woke the mouse that had ripple effect for mile after mile that could have caused an avalanche ,stampeded cattle ...did not happen because there was no human to hear it...
give your reply to this..

Solipsistic Cat

Reply Sat 22 Nov, 2008 03:26 pm
@xris,
xris wrote:
if there is nothing in them how do oppose them with such vigour?

I am not oposing them, i am asking you to clarify them.
Show where i have once said your ideas are false

xris

Reply Sat 22 Nov, 2008 03:27 pm
@xris,
xris wrote:
I dont need to observe it to rationalise it is happening just as i know there is tree at this very moment falling with no human to hear it...Rational is what i am not that the tree is not falling because im not there...A tree has fallen ..we where not there to hear it...i bet you believe it made a noise..
and this...if you can

xris

Reply Sat 22 Nov, 2008 03:28 pm
@xris,
xris wrote:
The human ego is a wonderful thing to observe...how it ponders on nature and its relationship to it..A tree is a tree is a tree, it neither requires mans presence to grow nor die and fall.If there is no one there to appreciate that golden moment on clear morning with no other noise but the tree making that haunting noise as it falls and then silence again then its the listener that doea not exist not the tree..
and this or can you not for academic reasons?

Solipsistic Cat

Reply Sat 22 Nov, 2008 03:29 pm
@xris,
xris wrote:
give your reply to this..

Certainly *ahem*

Given the premise taht the physical world we interact with is truly as our senses show us, then of course sound is made without humans to hear it.

Then again, given the lack of evidence for the following premise you must also consider the fact that nothing is real whether we percieve it or not.

Also, once more with the big fat red herring.

xris

Reply Sat 22 Nov, 2008 03:31 pm
@Solipsistic Cat,
Solipsistic_Cat wrote:
I am not oposing them, i am asking you to clarify them.
Show where i have once said your ideas are false
Oh my OH my what are you on...clarify clarify what if you dont understand a certain concept im proposing ask for that certain concept dont ask me to repeat everything ive discussed..

Solipsistic Cat

Reply Sat 22 Nov, 2008 03:36 pm
@xris,
xris wrote:
Oh my OH my what are you on...clarify clarify what if you dont understand a certain concept im proposing ask for that certain concept dont ask me to repeat everything ive discussed..

Look,all the paragraphs youve been quoting at me seem more like an attempt at poetry then one to convey a logical thought.

Once more:
Quote:
Come on, tell us how do you KNOW beyond a shadow of a doubt that the world of your perceptions is real?

That is all i want to know

xris

Reply Sat 22 Nov, 2008 03:39 pm
@Solipsistic Cat,
Solipsistic_Cat wrote:
Certainly *ahem*

Given the premise taht the physical world we interact with is truly as our senses show us, then of course sound is made without humans to hear it.

Then again, given the lack of evidence for the following premise you must also consider the fact that nothing is real whether we percieve it or not.

Also, once more with the big fat red herring.
no red herrings in red writing just simple logic that i live in this existance by the five senses and by that alone i exist...you may believe that nothing exist without our relationship to it but i do... by my simple logic and that alone..We can imagine we are gods we are the creator we control mans destiny... if we die the universe ceases to exist but im not that self centred..dont come into a debate and ask for simple answer to satify your ego and think because i have an opinion it stinks..

Solipsistic Cat

Reply Sat 22 Nov, 2008 03:47 pm
@xris,
xris wrote:
no red herrings in red writing just simple logic that i live in this existance by the five senses and by that alone i exist...you may believe that nothing exist without our relationship to it but i do... by my simple logic and that alone..We can imagine we are gods we are the creator we control mans destiny... if we die the universe ceases to exist but im not that self centred..dont come into a debate and ask for simple answer to satify your ego and think because i have an opinion it stinks..

Horray, hes sort of justified himself. In the form of a Prog album for some reason, but a starts a start Smile

Firstly, its pink. Secondly, can any more experienced members help with this?

Quote:
simple logic that i live in this existance by the five senses and by that alone i exist.

That is solipsism. The thing you are refuting. And then it goes on with the implying you are a solipsist:

Quote:
We can imagine we are gods we are the creator we control mans destiny... if we die the universe ceases to exist

And as for the refuting solipsism:

Quote:
you may believe that nothing exist without our relationship to it but i do[Sic]

xris

Reply Sat 22 Nov, 2008 04:02 pm
@Solipsistic Cat,
Solipsistic_Cat wrote:
Horray, hes sort of justified himself. In the form of a Prog album for some reason, but a starts a start Smile

Firstly, its pink. Secondly, can any more experienced members help with this?

That is solipsism. The thing you are refuting. And then it goes on with the implying you are a solipsist:

And as for the refuting solipsism:
how in hells name am i claiming to be a solipsist?? im not the centre im not an island im part of the universe just because i live by my senses im a ...solipistof with your interpretation maybe..your arguments are becoming more strange by the moment..

Solipsistic Cat

Reply Sat 22 Nov, 2008 04:10 pm
@xris,
xris wrote:
how in hells name am i claiming to be a solipsist?? im not the centre im not an island im part of the universe just because i live by my senses im a ...solipistof with your interpretation maybe..your arguments are becoming more strange by the moment..

Remember this:

Quote:
simple logic that i live in this existance by the five senses and by that alone i exist.

A bit of a gramatical minefield, but it seems that you meant to say 'I alone exist' or 'I exist alone' either one of which seems to be a fairly straightforward statement of Skepticism

If you infact meant something else, i apologise unreservedly, and offer this in hopes of forgiveness :
http://www.Dictionary.com

xris

Reply Sat 22 Nov, 2008 04:19 pm
@Solipsistic Cat,
Solipsistic_Cat wrote:
Remember this:

A bit of a gramatical minefield, but it seems that you meant to say 'I alone exist' or 'I exist alone' either one of which seems to be a fairly straightforward statement of Skepticism

If you infact meant something else, i apologise unreservedly, and offer this in hopes of forgiveness :
http://www.Dictionary.com[/URL]
so its grammatical errors that you have been reduced to ..well what can i say but if thats the best you can do ..It now hinges ,the whole debate, on why or what i said about my five senses and the tense of the comment..Is this your argument? seriously now is it really? I live by my five senses and those alone..so how many more have you got?

Solipsistic Cat

Reply Sat 22 Nov, 2008 04:22 pm
@xris,
xris wrote:
so its grammatical errors that you have been reduced to ..well what can i say but if thats the best you can do ..It now hinges ,the whole debate, on why or what i said about my five senses and the tense of the comment..Is this your argument? seriously now is it really? I live by my five senses and those alone..so how many more have you got?

Well, firstly this isnt a debate, except in the Socratic sense of the word, so there will be no 'winner'.

And my point about grammer was that i dont really know what you meant there, but if i had to take a guess, it would be.... Etc.

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/29/2024 at 02:34:54