What creates wisdom?

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

trismegisto

Reply Tue 6 Apr, 2010 10:54 am
@Fido,
Fido;148670 wrote:
Quote:

Good luck.
We all have the obligation to forgive and forget... It is not each other we are trying to beat, but fate, or ignorance what ever may be the difference... We have to be civil, though it is not much... Think of the other as armed, and as intent as you in the defense of his honor as you are of your honor... That is the old way, and humanity survived it, and we can too...

I accept your apology. Forgive and forget.

Now, is there any of this philosophy you wish to discuss?

Pepijn Sweep

Reply Tue 6 Apr, 2010 11:04 am
@trismegisto,
trismegisto;148821 wrote:
Fido;148670 wrote:

d5G5*START

I Do not excuse. Never forget, long tre0.

I would like to discus AI & luck

*e*51n
Pepijn Sweep

trismegisto

Reply Tue 6 Apr, 2010 11:37 am
@Pepijn Sweep,
..........................??

Complete English sentences please.

Fido

Reply Tue 6 Apr, 2010 12:00 pm
@trismegisto,
Fido;148670 wrote:

I am only doing philosophy until the philosphers get here... You know how they like to be fashionably late... It is like the whole world is on an ego trip and I am the only one without a ticket...

trismegisto

Reply Tue 6 Apr, 2010 12:32 pm
@Fido,
Fido;148842 wrote:

I am only doing philosophy until the philosphers get here... You know how they like to be fashionably late... It is like the whole world is on an ego trip and I am the only one without a ticket...

You know, I feel exactly the same way.

Why do you suppose people go directly to attack instead of asking for clarification? I think it stems from an overload of information. If a person comes across a page of information with several points, each requiring an understanding of the previous point, and has not understood or disregarded the initial point, well, then of course the final point, if not all the points, will seem ridiculous. It's not the information's fault, unless the writer has confounded the points, its the reader's fault for for continuing on without seeking clarification and understanding of the first point.

If no consensus can be drawn on the initial point then there is no sense in continuing on. This is a step that occurs in all face to face conversations and yet for some reason seems to be the first thing to be forgotten here.

Pepijn Sweep

Reply Tue 6 Apr, 2010 02:31 pm
@trismegisto,
trismegisto;148851 wrote:
Fido;148842 wrote:

You know, I feel exactly the same way.

Why do you suppose people go directly to attack instead of asking for clarification? I think it stems from an overload of information. If a person comes across a page of information with several points, each requiring an understanding of the previous point, and has not understood or disregarded the initial point, well, then of course the final point, if not all the points, will seem ridiculous. It's not the information's fault, unless the writer has confounded the points, its the reader's fault for for continuing on without seeking clarification and understanding of the first point.

If no consensus can be drawn on the initial point then there is no sense in continuing on. This is a step that occurs in all face to face conversations and yet for some reason seems to be the first thing to be forgotten here.

This is an open Forum. Every-one is well-come. it is not what U write:shifty:, but how U react to Questions or critic. Manners are very important.

Pepijn Sweep
Magister

trismegisto

Reply Tue 6 Apr, 2010 03:09 pm
@Pepijn Sweep,
Pepijn Sweep;148885 wrote:
trismegisto;148851 wrote:

This is an open Forum. Every-one is well-come. it is not what U write:shifty:, but how U react to Questions or critic. Manners are very important.

Pepijn Sweep
Magister

You are absolutely right, I hope you try to keep that in mind.

Fido

Reply Tue 6 Apr, 2010 03:45 pm
@Karpowich,
Was the fashionably late line over your heads or something???

trismegisto

Reply Tue 6 Apr, 2010 04:01 pm
@Fido,
Fido;148906 wrote:
Was the fashionably late line over your heads or something???

No. Just unimpressive. You will have to do better next time. I am sure you will try. Good Luck.

William

Reply Tue 6 Apr, 2010 05:25 pm
@Karpowich,
Wisdom is the equal sign in the equation. It's experiencing both sides of a matter/issue/thing establishing a truth bringing both sides into alignment equaling 1.

William

trismegisto

Reply Tue 6 Apr, 2010 05:30 pm
@William,
William;148953 wrote:
Wisdom is the equal sign in the equation. It's experiencing both sides of a matter/issue/thing establishing a truth bringing both sides into alignment equaling 1.

William

Absolutely. The alignment of the intelligible sphere and the sensible sphere within the mind is the essential step.

Fido

Reply Tue 6 Apr, 2010 07:01 pm
@trismegisto,
trismegisto;148915 wrote:
No. Just unimpressive. You will have to do better next time. I am sure you will try. Good Luck.

I have all the luck I need, good and bad... Wish was a god, and so was luck. One of my children, the unluckiest has the name of a god of fortune... If you take care of business you have no need of luck, and if you trust your life to luck you have already lost... Instead, recognize that we are both blessed and cursed by life, that each pays for his life with his life, and in this regard not one is better off or more lucky than another... It is great and it is ****, and it is great **** and everything in between... Isn't life marvelous??? Anything you seek you can find, fact or fluff... If knowledge is your thing the thing is infinite...Try even to know what can be known about man of the past, tomorrow back, and you may learn everything you can write down and never have time to scratch the subject...Tell me who you think came closest to telling the most, or does it not matter to you, and are your eyes drawn elsewhere??? This is life man... Everything for everyone, even you...

trismegisto

Reply Tue 6 Apr, 2010 07:05 pm
@Fido,
Fido;149004 wrote:
I have all the luck I need, good and bad... Wish was a god, and so was luck. One of my children, the unluckiest has the name of a god of fortune... If you take care of business you have no need of luck, and if you trust your life to luck you have already lost... Instead, recognized that we are both blessed and cursed by life, that each pays for his life with his life, and in this regard not one is better off or more lucky than another... It is great and it is ****, and it is great **** and everything in between... Isn't life marvelous??? Anything you seek you can find, fact or fluff... If knowledge is your thing the thing is infinite...Try even to know what can be known about man of the past, tomorrow back, and you may learn everything you can write down and never have time to scratch the subject...Tell me who you think came closest to telling the most, or does it not matter to you, and are your eyes drawn elsewhere??? This is life man... Everything for everyone, even you...

Okay? Not really sure about all that but is sounded pretty good for the most part. As to your question, the most what? I don't get it. Thanks.

Fido

Reply Tue 6 Apr, 2010 07:09 pm
@trismegisto,
trismegisto;148957 wrote:
Absolutely. The alignment of the intelligible sphere and the sensible sphere within the mind is the essential step.

The mind is an abstraction, a moral form, a meaning and not a being, an infinite, and there is no within of the mind... The mind is purely an idea, and not a space, or content, or commentary, or consciousness, but it stands for all these.
If you were able to think more intelligably, you might be able to write more intelligably... I think that might be an essential step for you... Learn how to think...For example...

---------- Post added 04-06-2010 at 09:10 PM ----------

trismegisto;149007 wrote:
Okay? Not really sure about all that but is sounded pretty good for the most part. As to your question, the most what? I don't get it. Thanks.

In the fiction of history, who told the most story???

trismegisto

Reply Tue 6 Apr, 2010 07:11 pm
@Fido,
Fido;149008 wrote:
The mind is an abstraction, a moral form, a meaning and not a being, an infinite, and there is no within of the mind... The mind is purely an idea, and not a space, or content, or commentary, or consciousness, but it stands for all these.
If you were able to think more intelligably, you might be able to write more intelligably... I think that might be an essential step for you... Learn how to think...For example...

Once again, you are completely mistaken but we have all come to accept that about you. At least you are batting a thousand. Who would of thought that a single entity could be so cussing intellectually retarded?
Are there any more pseudo-philosophical tantrums you would like to share with us today, or are you going to just continue to beat this same old dead dog?

Fido

Reply Tue 6 Apr, 2010 07:17 pm
@trismegisto,
trismegisto;149014 wrote:
You are completely mistaken but we have all come to accept that about you.
Are there any more pseudo-philosophical tantrums you would like to share with us today, or are you going to just continue to beat the same old dead dog?

Prove it... We??? Have you got a mouse in your pocket??? Since when did the free plane of philosophy become some vulgar democratic prop to tyranny???
We???
I got a lot of your We up my beeyoutee...

trismegisto

Reply Tue 6 Apr, 2010 07:19 pm
@Fido,
Fido;149017 wrote:
Prove it... We??? Have you got a mouse in your pocket??? Since when did the free plane of philosophy become some vulgar democratic prop to tyranny???
We???
I got a lot of your We up my beeyoutee...

Yup, thats exactly what we all have come to expect from an intellectual defunct such as yourself. Why do you continue to embarrass yourself?

Fido

Reply Tue 6 Apr, 2010 07:31 pm
@trismegisto,
trismegisto;149018 wrote:
Yup, thats exactly what we all have come to expect from an intellectual defunct such as yourself. Why do you continue to embarrass yourself?

Defunct??? Who insults me with this slight??? I am the demeaned dregs of defuntitude, and I have done nothing to deserve address by my full title...And to do less marks you as in insufferable calf... Why, my dear little cow, does anyone do anything??? The money is never enough...What we do we do because we like to... If I seem to embarrass myself, then why ask why, unless you simply do not know...

trismegisto

Reply Tue 6 Apr, 2010 07:46 pm
@Fido,
Fido;149022 wrote:
Defunct??? Who insults me with this slight??? I am the demeaned dregs of defuntitude, and I have done nothing to deserve address by my full title...And to do less marks you as in insufferable calf... Why, my dear little cow, does anyone do anything??? The money is never enough...What we do we do because we like to... If I seem to embarrass myself, then why ask why, unless you simply do not know...

******chuckle******

north

Reply Tue 6 Apr, 2010 07:50 pm
@trismegisto,
what creates wisdom ( or better discovers wisdom ) is curiosity and the want to know

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/25/2024 at 03:47:54