What creates wisdom?

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

trismegisto

Reply Sun 4 Apr, 2010 02:07 am
@Pepijn Sweep,
Pepijn Sweep;148121 wrote:

I may not be in a position to tell you directions but I can clearly see when you are rambling in the dark.

I have no interest in idolatry, that is so 3rd century. Names are meaningless.

wayne

Reply Sun 4 Apr, 2010 02:29 am
@Karpowich,
Wisdom appears to be the skillful combination of knowledge, experience, and understanding.
Simply telling the child the stove is hot, will impart knowledge. A child, simply believing this knowledge to be true, will have no real understanding of what hot means.
Most children, seeking understanding, will have to touch the stove once in order to obtain understanding of the knowledge they have been given.
Hopefully thier experience, combined with the knowledge of a hot stove, will be wisdom enough to not repeat the experience.

As we grow in experience we learn to transfer our experience to new situations that appear similar to past experience. We know what hot means ,wisdom is what keeps us from touching a hot iron, even though it is not a stove.
Solomon has said that wisdom is discernment.

trismegisto

Reply Sun 4 Apr, 2010 02:39 am
@wayne,
wayne;148134 wrote:
Wisdom appears to be the skillful combination of knowledge, experience, and understanding.
Simply telling the child the stove is hot, will impart knowledge. A child, simply believing this knowledge to be true, will have no real understanding of what hot means.
Most children, seeking understanding, will have to touch the stove once in order to obtain understanding of the knowledge they have been given.
Hopefully thier experience, combined with the knowledge of a hot stove, will be wisdom enough to not repeat the experience.

As we grow in experience we learn to transfer our experience to new situations that appear similar to past experience. We know what hot means ,wisdom is what keeps us from touching a hot iron, even though it is not a stove.

correct, although I more often go with the experience, knowledge, contemplation, understanding, action, wisdom order of things.

wayne

Reply Sun 4 Apr, 2010 02:44 am
@Karpowich,
I usually touch the stove, and wet paint is good too. Smile

trismegisto

Reply Sun 4 Apr, 2010 02:58 am
@wayne,
wayne;148139 wrote:
I usually touch the stove, and wet paint is good too. Smile

once is enough for me.

Pepijn Sweep

Reply Sun 4 Apr, 2010 03:10 am
@trismegisto,
trismegisto;148124 wrote:
I may not be in a position to tell you directions but I can clearly see when you are rambling in the dark.

I have no interest in idolatry, that is so 3rd century. Names are meaningless.

Fido

Reply Sun 4 Apr, 2010 05:46 am
@trismegisto,
trismegisto;147905 wrote:
I see you have no interest in any type of philosophical conversation. You are clearly an idiot who just likes to enflame people. thats fine. MOST PEOPLE get upset with folks like you but i don't mind, I find it boorish but I am used to simple minded people such as yourself.

You go ahead and write your retort, Im sure it sounds much more daring and poetic in your head, but you are going to post your drivel anyways just because you need to have the last word. See you are easy to figure out. Just try and be a bit more creative this time though will you, you last couple of sparks barely caught fire.

I do like to enflame people, but I cannot afford the napalm... Better yet is clear speech, and rational thought, and for that, I burn...

---------- Post added 04-04-2010 at 07:49 AM ----------

wayne;148134 wrote:

That is why the process of education is so slow with the young: They must first relate the word to the meaning for the word to seem to have meaning all on its own....

trismegisto

Reply Sun 4 Apr, 2010 11:36 am
@Pepijn Sweep,
Pepijn Sweep;148142 wrote:

No I no hear the difference, you no makey no sense. You try harder put words in proper places. Make strong sentence, convey much meaning.

You ramble with mind feet and fingers

take medication

Pepijn Sweep

Reply Sun 4 Apr, 2010 11:48 am
@trismegisto,
trismegisto;148254 wrote:
No I no hear the difference, you no makey no sense. You try harder put words in proper places. Make strong sentence, convey much meaning.

take medication

Who made you my doctor ? Keep your un-asked-for medical advice to yourself Dr Phil.

trismegisto

Reply Sun 4 Apr, 2010 11:58 am
@Pepijn Sweep,
Pepijn Sweep;148259 wrote:
Who made you my doctor ? Keep your un-asked-for medical advice to yourself Dr Phil.

Well, now you have the ability to construct a proper sentence? Thanks for taking your meds!!!!!

Pepijn Sweep

Reply Sun 4 Apr, 2010 12:10 pm
@trismegisto,
trismegisto;148266 wrote:
Well, now you have the ability to construct a proper sentence? Thanks for taking your meds!!!!!

I always have the quality to make clear sentences. In English, Nederlands but American is difficult because meaning of words has changed over Time.

You are not a trismegistus. Read any of the recently discovered material ? I am still enjoying the boox. I joint this Forum for Fun. Seriously, boox and University offer more debt.

You are no Philosopher, nor will you be. You have no tollerance for others, other ways of being or states of mind. O - megistus is my nick-name for U to distinquish you from the Real thing.

Ik wens je een goede toekomst.

Magister Pepijn Sweep
ud Jisperveldt, Oxdorp

Fido

Reply Sun 4 Apr, 2010 12:25 pm
@trismegisto,

He may have taken yours... Have you checked???

Pepijn Sweep

Reply Sun 4 Apr, 2010 03:18 pm
@trismegisto,
trismegisto;148254 wrote:

take medication

:perplexed: UN-asked for advice, hinting what?

---------- Post added 04-04-2010 at 02:19 PM ----------

AGAIN about medications, like he knows

I do not enjoy this encounters. Found out trismegisto has a habit. of insulting people. Does not matter if it's a senior or junior member IMO.

I do not continue discussing anything till xris, others and I get Excuses for disrupting this Forum. Discipline I leave to Moderators.

Met Meeste Hoogachting,

Pepijn Sweep,
ad philosophyforum
Magister:a-ok:

---------- Post added 04-04-2010 at 03:11 PM ----------

I am still mad. What is the procedure now ?

Pepijn Sweep

---------- Post added 04-04-2010 at 04:17 PM ----------

How I decide in Wisdom ?

I am still up-set by some-one on this thread. I do not think he should behave the way he does.

I feel like bloody Seneca to have to repeat myself, but I will.

Pepijn Sweep

Fido

Reply Mon 5 Apr, 2010 04:01 am
@Karpowich,
Well Sweep;
You are working on it, and you are often hard to understand, but every form of commuication takes effort on both ends... No one understands another without the desire to do so... So, you have my sympathy, and so does everyone with the desire to have their say... Your efforts will often go unnoticed, and you will often endure insults, but just hang in there, and try to express your essential ideas..

Pepijn Sweep

Reply Mon 5 Apr, 2010 04:18 am
@Fido,
Fido;148474 wrote:
Well Sweep;
You are working on it, and you are often hard to understand, but every form of commuication takes effort on both ends... No one understands another without the desire to do so... So, you have my sympathy, and so does everyone with the desire to have their say... Your efforts will often go unnoticed, and you will often endure insults, but just hang in there, and try to express your essential ideas..

[CENTER]My ideas are not essential. Not to my. I can form new Ideas, move to different Forum, or skip WWW all-together. It is my choice to be.

I was touched deeply by U;R , said Thanks. Dank U wel, Parish Jisp:bigsmile:

Here is was supposedly born, lived 18 1/2 Y.
It's my turf.

My Mother is at Rest now.
Hope you had Good Eastern

Pepijn Sweep:lol:
[/CENTER]

Fido

Reply Mon 5 Apr, 2010 04:42 am
@Pepijn Sweep,
Pepijn Sweep;148477 wrote:

[CENTER]My ideas are not essential. Not to my. I can form new Ideas, move to different Forum, or skip WWW all-together. It is my choice to be.[/CENTER]

[CENTER]I was touched deeply by U;R , said Thanks. Dank U wel, Parish Jisp:bigsmile:[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Here is was supposedly born, lived 18 1/2 Y.
It's my turf.[/CENTER]

[CENTER]My Mother is at Rest now.
Hope you had Good Eastern[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Pepijn Sweep:lol: [/CENTER]

Choose to hang here if you can... The international touch is good, and your English will improve... I would not do what you are doing... It is hard enough for most people to try to communicate when they know others may be able to understand them... The greatest tragedies have always been civil wars, where people should have been able to talk out their differences, if they had cared to... Even the Trojan war was fought out by people who seem to have been able to understand each other, like the Peloponessian war... It takes effort to understand and be understood, and if people see some advantage in misunderstanding that is the course they often choose...

I did have a good Easter... A little run in the morning, and dinner at my wife's home in the aftenoon with my children and her family... I run down by the creek on a sort of paved nature path... I saw a tom turkey in the morning, all dressed up, guarding his end of an old abandoned railroad bridge with his feathers all fanned out, not moving an inch between my going and coming, and in the afternoon we ate one...

trismegisto

Reply Mon 5 Apr, 2010 01:27 pm
@Pepijn Sweep,
Pepijn Sweep;148327 wrote:
I do not enjoy this encounters. Found out trismegisto has a habit. of insulting people. Does not matter if it's a senior or junior member IMO.

I repay kind with kind. If you are not kind with me, then I have no reason to be kind with you. It does not matter what you think your status in this forum is. I am a bullier of bullies.

If you're feeling as though I have been mean to you, it is simply a reflection of how you have treated others.

This gives you a great opportunity to consciously contemplate how your actions have brought you to this moment. Perhaps you will be able to understand the knowledge you lave gained from this experience and be able to take future actions with greater wisdom.

Good luck.

[/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE]

Fido

Reply Mon 5 Apr, 2010 05:27 pm
@trismegisto,
Quote:

trismegisto;148596 wrote:

I repay kind with kind. If you are not kind with me, then I have no reason to be kind with you. It does not matter what you think your status in this forum is. I am a bullier of bullies.

If you're feeling as though I have been mean to you, it is simply a reflection of how you have treated others.

This gives you a great opportunity to consciously contemplate how your actions have brought you to this moment. Perhaps you will be able to understand the knowledge you lave gained from this experience and be able to take future actions with greater wisdom.

Good luck.
We all have the obligation to forgive and forget... It is not each other we are trying to beat, but fate, or ignorance what ever may be the difference... We have to be civil, though it is not much... Think of the other as armed, and as intent as you in the defense of his honor as you are of your honor... That is the old way, and humanity survived it, and we can too...

Pepijn Sweep

Reply Mon 5 Apr, 2010 05:57 pm
@Fido,
Fido;148670 wrote:
Quote:

Good luck.
We all have the obligation to forgive and forget... It is not each other we are trying to beat, but fate, or ignorance what ever may be the difference... We have to be civil, though it is not much... Think of the other as armed, and as intent as you in the defense of his honor as you are of your honor... That is the old way, and humanity survived it, and we can too...

Cheers for Fido ! :baloons::a-ok:

Fido

Reply Mon 5 Apr, 2010 08:35 pm
@Karpowich,
You guys!!!!!!!!!!!

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 07/26/2024 at 10:22:58