The aims of Aliens - Only for believers

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Zetherin

Reply Mon 26 Jan, 2009 06:57 pm
@Pusyphus,
Pusyphus wrote:
So anyway... if we were indeed sharing a symbiotic relationship with this alien Lord, hypothetically speaking, would we have a right to know about it?

LMAO. Haha. Laughing

GHOST phil

Reply Tue 27 Jan, 2009 01:25 am
@Zetherin,
Pusyphus wrote:

Get serious about this, Ghost. Don't try to pull everyone in. You know what you know. Right now, you should behave as if your government is committing treason against you. You should be enraged by this. You don't need to try every permutation of data, just to convince everyone. Common sense tells you all you need to know.

I'm not trying to pull people in, my theory is probably way off, I just want people to hear my theory and share their own theories on the subject, and I am quite angry, but it would be a risk to national security, in which case, they are free from the "Freedom of Information Act" and a half reasonable excuse, but I still feel the public should know.
Pusyphus wrote:

Don't rely on the "theory" of evolution. It's not required, and it makes things messier. (The likelyhood that some other race would evolve to look almost identical to us, in some other part of space, may be too much for the ignorant to accept.)

I never said they were like us, I said they changed the apes body a little, I did say they used their brains, what I was trying to say is, they used the model of their brain, they know what makes them "intelligent", they have a full understanding of how their mind works, and using this knowledge, they altered the apes brain, adding the mechanisms that give them "intelligence".
Pusyphus wrote:

Don't use the assumption that they are studying us...that's very lame. Would one build a robot to study it? No, one would build a robot to carry his fat ass to the 7-Eleven.

Um, what if the robot became "intelligent" and started thinking for it's self? Would that not be something extraordinary, would it not be worth studying? They are not lazy, arrogant or violent, they lust for nothing but knowledge, unlike us (I'm assuming).
Pusyphus wrote:

Do be open to other views. When we talk about why we're here and why aliens are here, there is probably one accurate explanation...one truth. You are not using enough to work with, to find that. (You lack direction). Maybe you can gain that here.

Hang in there...

Well, that's the aim...
Holiday20310401 wrote:
Ok, I'll make my opinion after. But whatever happened to the government keeping the "truth" of aliens kept from us? Why wouldn't they do something about this film?

Well, they stopped doing live feeds after numerous UFO's were seen, they also tell every lie possible, no matter how rediculous, to debunk the footage.
Holiday20310401 wrote:

Darwinian's theory is incomplete. Though the gradual natural selection I believe does affect some of the evolution that goes on, evolution has been found to be quite sudden, thus the distinctness between certain fossils. And this is not just in humans. So unless the aliens engineered this whole planet, this proof doesn't hold.

Maybe, they engineered a few, well more than a few, and placed them around the world, letting them spread their genes throughout the population...

xris

Reply Tue 27 Jan, 2009 06:08 am
@Zetherin,
Zetherin wrote:
Let's backtrack a bit here, buddy.

This is bleeding obvious to you:

Yet, you say the significance is that we don't know:

Would you then say that if 10,000 people couldn't identify a model airplane I flew, it would be significant? If you answer yes, then I guess I see where you're coming from, and wholeheartedly disagree that it is significant. If you answer no, I have no idea where you're coming from at all.
By your comments you are making the assumption that these sightings are always mundane silly explainable sightings.You are saying these yocals if they saw a paper airplane and did not know what itwas we would call it a ufo..SO....Most of us who show interest are not stupid enough not to be able to work out what is relevant..What would you prefer us to call them flying saucers ?? The term was adopted initially to clear the field of explainable silly sightings like venus in decline weather ballons and model airplanes etc..It should have left a hard core of UFOs that deserve further study.It does not make them flying saucers or jet fighters it just makes them not known...Its for everyone else to speculate some do more than others but its not 10,00000000 twits going ooo look theres a ufo with a red and green light heading for the airport..

GHOST phil

Reply Tue 27 Jan, 2009 09:14 am
@xris,
xris wrote:
It should have left a hard core of UFOs that deserve further study.

Well, one would think so.

Pusyphus

Reply Tue 27 Jan, 2009 11:26 am
@GHOST phil,
GHOST wrote:
I'm not trying to pull people in, my theory is probably way off, I just want people to hear my theory and share their own theories on the subject, and I am quite angry, but it would be a risk to national security, in which case, they are free from the "Freedom of Information Act" and a half reasonable excuse, but I still feel the public should know.

Ghost, please describe how it would be a risk to national security, exactly. I don't think anyone would suggest that we force them to share their technology with us, and since the cat is already out of the bag, as it were, you can't say that anyone would have a particular advantage.

I never said they were like us, I said they changed the apes body a little, I did say they used their brains, what I was trying to say is, they used the model of their brain, they know what makes them "intelligent", they have a full understanding of how their mind works, and using this knowledge, they altered the apes brain, adding the mechanisms that give them "intelligence".

Okay, not bad. That is, iff "Earth DNA 1.0" is compatible at all with "Xenon Script 5.2"

Um, what if the robot became "intelligent" and started thinking for it's self? Would that not be something extraordinary, would it not be worth studying? They are not lazy, arrogant or violent, they lust for nothing but knowledge, unlike us (I'm assuming).

Let's stick to a single conclusion for now, with respect to each aspect. You said the ape intelligence was provided by the alien form. Since the fair assumption is that the alien could think for itself, it would be absolutely expected that Ape 2.0 could then think for itself. So, now your "study" hypothesis doesn't hold much water. More to the point, even adding the amount of genetic material required to turn apes into humans at the reproductive molecular level is a monumental genetically-engineered undertaking. To suggest that someone would go thru the trouble just to get some lab data is just silly. Have we ever care if the robots we create know we are watching them?

Well, they stopped doing live feeds after numerous UFO's were seen, they also tell every lie possible, no matter how rediculous, to debunk the footage.

Don't worry about the footage. There's already enough evidence to put these f#@ckers away for life, in a court of law. At least there's plenty to sue them for everything they own, including their "UFOs", in a class action civil case. You've got photographs, video footage, and eyewitness testimony from reputable citizens all over the globe. I'm not talking about hillbillies from the Smoky Mountains, I'm talking about high-ranking military officers and government officials from just about every industrialized nation in the world. Now, if the aliens would only genetically-engineer a single pair of nuts for themselves, just one sack, it would make our jobs alot easier.

Maybe, they engineered a few, well more than a few, and placed them around the world, letting them spread their genes throughout the population...

Ghost, just respond to these points and your theory will begin to take shape. Don't be surprised if you have to adjust your theory a little. You want to get to the truth, right?

nameless

Reply Wed 28 Jan, 2009 05:01 am
@GHOST phil,
I find an interesting thread running through 'conspiracy theorists'. The 'government' (illuminati, neighbor, whoever...) is keeping a big secret from all the unwashed masses, yet, for some amazing reason (usually being 'very special', 'chosen') the theorist is 'in the know', unlike the stinky 'hoodwinked' hoards that remain ignorant of the deception. I'm feeling that there is a definite 'pathology' manifested here; not the science of learning about existence, but the 'science' of how to bolster a 'poor' ego; how to 'feel special' from the crowd and in one's own eyes.
I'm not saying that such 'comfort food' is necessarily 'bad' or 'wrong', though, that seems to help explain the OP's shunning of scientific and logical criticism. Just wants to spread/bolster his (her?) feelings of 'specialness', not be 'sidetracked' by the 'reality' of others.
Well, thats my take anyway, not a discussion, but an observation. So much 'philosophical' discussion is rooted in the same 'emo-ego-mud'; quite poor 'soil' for philosophical flowers...

GHOST phil

Reply Wed 28 Jan, 2009 09:52 am
@nameless,
Pusyphus wrote:

Ghost, please describe how it would be a risk to national security, exactly. I don't think anyone would suggest that we force them to share their technology with us, and since the cat is already out of the bag, as it were, you can't say that anyone would have a particular advantage.

I think it would fall somewhere along the lines of the Government fearing invasion, and fearing that if they tell the public, they will go into a mass hysteria...or possibly just their greedy lust for power.
Pusyphus wrote:

Okay, not bad. That is, iff "Earth DNA 1.0" is compatible at all with "Xenon Script 5.2"

Again, they are not combining anything, they are using there knowledge of how a brain works and computes, to "upgrade" the apes brain to version 2.0, as you say.
Pusyphus wrote:

Let's stick to a single conclusion for now, with respect to each aspect. You said the ape intelligence was provided by the alien form. Since the fair assumption is that the alien could think for itself, it would be absolutely expected that Ape 2.0 could then think for itself. So, now your "study" hypothesis doesn't hold much water. More to the point, even adding the amount of genetic material required to turn apes into humans at the reproductive molecular level is a monumental genetically-engineered undertaking. To suggest that someone would go thru the trouble just to get some lab data is just silly. Have we ever care if the robots we create know we are watching them?

I'm sure they consider it much more than "lab data", and this is why a think they have a larger plan for us. The most common problem with skeptics, is that they underestimate how advanced these beings would be and how much longer they have been in existence than us, they have space crafts that can obviously break the speed of light, they aren't even "physical" as we know it, they are highly quantized, high frequency, energy crafts, visible much of the time, only in the lower light spectrum (the higher frequencies). With some study, they will fully understand how the apes brain works and computes information, hell, they would have more "intelligent" computers, and yes, I do mean they can create Artificial Intelligence, they like creating intelligence, it's like a science to them, and Earth is like their experimental "ant farm", they probably have more than just Earth under analysis. So, they upgraded the ape to version 2.0, which is a tremendous feat for them, but no where near impossible, after all, mother nature created all the extremely complex life forms on Earth, and the brains that those animals us, we just got a little bit of "unnatural" help along the way. I would assume we do not care if robots are watching us because we know they are not self-aware yet, so stop using this robot analogy, it really doesn't make sense. I'm sure if they did become self-aware, we would certaintly be very interested in anything they were thinking or doing.
nameless wrote:

I find an interesting thread running through 'conspiracy theorists'. The 'government' (illuminati, neighbor, whoever...) is keeping a big secret from all the unwashed masses, yet, for some amazing reason (usually being 'very special', 'chosen') the theorist is 'in the know', unlike the stinky 'hoodwinked' hoards that remain ignorant of the deception. I'm feeling that there is a definite 'pathology' manifested here; not the science of learning about existence, but the 'science' of how to bolster a 'poor' ego; how to 'feel special' from the crowd and in one's own eyes. I'm not saying that such 'comfort food' is necessarily 'bad' or 'wrong', though, that seems to help explain the OP's shunning of scientific and logical criticism. Just wants to spread/bolster his (her?) feelings of 'specialness', not be 'sidetracked' by the 'reality' of others.
Well, thats my take anyway, not a discussion, but an observation. So much 'philosophical' discussion is rooted in the same 'emo-ego-mud'; quite poor 'soil' for philosophical flowers...

Well, you sir/ma'am, act like you can read minds, and automatically make bias assumptions based on your biased views, I do not consider those who think Aliens aren't visiting Earth are "stinky 'hoodwinks'", I respect them and their opinions, just like I do every other person. I am not trying to make myself feel better, increase my ego, or feel more special than others, that is absolutely the last thing I will ever do, if anything, the existence of Aliens, and them visiting Earth, but the Government deceiving us about it, makes people feel less insignificant in the universe, we like to think we are in the center of the universe, like we have importance and meaningful purposes in life, I feel none of those things, I do not rely on meaning and pride to make myself feel important, I just don't feel more important then anyone else on Earth, pride, arrogance, and selfishness, are why the world is in such a terrible state, why we have wars, and murders. I feel hurt, angry, and deceived, it takes away my hope for human kind, and it makes me feel like the subject is worth hard, scientific analysis, in the hopes of relieving to the public, the truth, to give us all, equality, and let us "enjoy the fruits of our evolution", to better the quality of life and living standards, and just make the world a better place overall. Are you sure you are not making your self feel more important, more significant, and more purposeful, by denying what seems so clear to most of the world? Oh, and if you feel like arguing the existence of UFO's, go to my other thread, "so you think we are alone in this infinite universe", in the science section, hasn't had any replies for a while. I have recently put forward the NASA footage, had a short argument about it, and have yet to hear from anyone who can wiggle their way out of my reasoning. The footage makes it more than clear, it is the "hard evidence" that all the skeptics ask for, it is there, it has been analyzed by experts even, and they cannot explain it.

Looking to hearing from you all.

Pusyphus

Reply Wed 28 Jan, 2009 12:40 pm
@GHOST phil,
GHOST wrote:
I think it would fall somewhere along the lines of the Government fearing invasion, and fearing that if they tell the public, they will go into a mass hysteria...or possibly just their greedy lust for power.

But, many, many Americans would insist that the government already fears invasion, or at least it better. Do you actually think the government would gain any street credibility by continuing the lie? [Rhetorical] And, what about greed or power would necessarily be affected by disclosure?

Ghost, your imaginations here are sloppy. This is the crux of your theory, in a way... showing a valid reason for the cover-up. You ought to handle it carefully. Right now, you're giving no support for these suppositions. This is important, and if it doesn't fit your theory, then remove it. Let it go. No big deal.

If you can't propose a way to justify secrecy, then you must either conclude that the secrecy is unjustified and work from there, or you must eliminate the point from your position.

Again, they are not combining anything, they are using there knowledge of how a brain works and computes, to "upgrade" the apes brain to version 2.0, as you say.

You are glossing over some fairly critical implied assumptions, and in the process, you are not allowing your own theory to be developed. If you imply important details, they better be given in a "language" that is agreed upon by you and your opponent. Otherwise, you waste time, and it's rarely for good reason.

You imply that the alien form would fully understand recombinant DNA technology. Fine. But then, you also imply that it's a snap of the fingers to make Ape 2.0. This is where your reasoning crumbles a little.

On earth, you may be hard-pressed to find a single researcher who agrees that it would be a snap of the fingers. Now, with evidence that it is a complex process, what supports your assumption that it would be a snap for anyone else? You can't use the guess that if they had the technology to travel accross great distances at tremendous speeds then they ought to be able to easily make new species; because as far as we know on earth, those are dramatically unrelated technologies. More importantly though, your theory hasn't established that they have the travel technology either.

However, it may very well be a snap for the aliens, hypothetically. But, that would lead to the conclusion that they created ALL life here, not just bits and pieces, here and there. It makes more sense that this earth was indeed terra-formed by an external agency, one way or another. That's a realistic objective.

In ANY case, most "committees" act toward an objective. There is plenty of support for that statement, wherever you look. So, I don't see anything to support the idea that the aliens would be doing this for fun, in favor over a concrete OBJECTIVE. Sure, the scope of some objective may not be evident yet. But don't just offer that claim of experimental study without explaining what the overall objective might be, at the expense of a more likely scenario. That's poor method. What is the objective that includes determining if they can make smart apes? And, why would they travel halfway accross the galaxy just to do that?

Ghost, you can't simply play the "magic" card whenever you feel like it. You have a significant argument under develpment here. Treat it with respect, if you want it to be taken seriously.

I would assume we do not care if robots are watching us because we know they are not self-aware yet, so stop using this robot analogy, it really doesn't make sense. I'm sure if they did become self-aware, we would certaintly be very interested in anything they were thinking or doing.

I said we don't care if the robots KNOW we are watching THEM. The point is, if the aliens where conducting an experiment, what could you conclude if the aliens also chose to remain hidden? (Be careful how you answer this one.)

By the way, did you notice I deleted the rest of your paragraph from this section? That's because we should all agree that you never said any of that. It's completely unnecessary, and it induces a new argument that distracts from your workable theory. I have to admit some of it was interesting. You had me at Mother Nature. Remember, save the "magic" card until after the end.

Well, you sir/ma'am, act like you can read minds, and automatically make bias assumptions based on your biased views, I do not consider those who think Aliens aren't visiting Earth are "stinky 'hoodwinks'", I respect them and their opinions, just like I do every other person. I am not trying to make myself feel better, increase my ego, or feel more special than others, that is absolutely the last thing I will ever do, if anything, the existence of Aliens, and them visiting Earth, but the Government deceiving us about it, makes people feel less insignificant in the universe, we like to think we are in the center of the universe, like we have importance and meaningful purposes in life, I feel none of those things, I do not rely on meaning and pride to make myself feel important, I just don't feel more important then anyone else on Earth, pride, arrogance, and selfishness, are why the world is in such a terrible state, why we have wars, and murders. I feel hurt, angry, and deceived, it takes away my hope for human kind, and it makes me feel like the subject is worth hard, scientific analysis, in the hopes of relieving to the public, the truth, to give us all, equality, and let us "enjoy the fruits of our evolution", to better the quality of life and living standards, and just make the world a better place overall. Are you sure you are not making your self feel more important, more significant, and more purposeful, by denying what seems so clear to most of the world? Oh, and if you feel like arguing the existence of UFO's, go to my other thread, "so you think we are alone in this infinite universe", in the science section, hasn't had any replies for a while. I have recently put forward the NASA footage, had a short argument about it, and have yet to hear from anyone who can wiggle their way out of my reasoning. The footage makes it more than clear, it is the "hard evidence" that all the skeptics ask for, it is there, it has been analyzed by experts even, and they cannot explain it.

Well said, Ghost. But, if anyone says anything that doesn't apply to the argument, then just ignore it. If something applies then address it. We're talking about things that many people don't have a place for, in their head. That's when they splinter, or regress to the only thing they know. This tendency appears to be human nature. Just forgive them and move on.

Looking to hearing from you all.

Alrighty, Ghost! This is getting good. And, it's gra-a-adually starting to solidify. Keep it up.

Pusyphus

Reply Wed 28 Jan, 2009 01:28 pm
@Holiday20310401,
Holiday20310401 wrote:
You said that the lord requires methane. So firstly, why does it need to create plant life when plant life is required for heterotrophs to even evolve. And why would we have plant life that has symbiotic relationships with fungi and microbes that allow chemical reactions that use methane, depleting it.

your first question: I don't understand what you mean. Could you please clarify?

your second question: I couldn't answer that without more information. My guess is that it depends on what part of the globe that the chemical reaction occurs, and what fraction of the atmosphere's "would-be" methane is being consumed, and what the products are.

Holiday20310401

Reply Wed 28 Jan, 2009 02:55 pm
@Pusyphus,
Pusyphus wrote:
your first question: I don't understand what you mean. Could you please clarify?

First Question: Why does it (alien race) need to create plant life when plant life is required for heterotrophs to even evolve.

This alien race I am assuming is mobile, and therefore one can assume they are also heterotrophs, or you know what... who cares.. the point is why create life without a reason? Or do these aliens have reason?

Pusyphus wrote:
your second question: I couldn't answer that without more information. My guess is that it depends on what part of the globe that the chemical reaction occurs, and what fraction of the atmosphere's "would-be" methane is being consumed, and what the products are.

Second Question: And why would we have plant life that has symbiotic relationships with fungi and microbes that allow chemical reactions that use methane, depleting it.

Well, you see, if we have an alien race which requires methane, then why would it allow the "artificial" plant life they create to be symbiotic with microbes and fungi which use up methane? I know it was just an example you were giving, not any importance.

So Ghost, what's the theory now, as I'm assuming it's been changed.

MITech

Reply Wed 28 Jan, 2009 04:15 pm
@Holiday20310401,
Holiday20310401 wrote:
MITech, in biology you learn that mitochondria are essential for cellular respiration.

Ok then great to know.

nameless

Reply Wed 28 Jan, 2009 08:26 pm
@GHOST phil,
GHOST

The Vedas tell us that there is no 'celestial body', whether moon, planet or sun, that does not contain life of some 'appropriate' sort.
Perceiver and perceived are One!
So, if something is perceived, and we are 'alive', so therefore must the perceived!

I have noticed that there is also a phenomenon that whatever man thinks (appears as) 'empty space' is, upon further investigation, not 'empty' at all! There is no evidence of any such thing as a 'vacuum' (other than the one that sucks my carpet). There is always 'stuff' found (or at least, hypothesized).

'Life' has been found thriving in the middle of solid rock miles beneath the surface of the earth! In solid rock there are 'communities' of our fellow living creatures, thriving! IN SOLID ROCK!
If our 'scope of examination' is of sufficient width, who knows what will be found? THRIVING IN SOLID ROCK!!
What sort of fellow 'god's children' might be found living on the sun!?!
Perhaps they have no need to leave their own world? Perhaps there is insufficient common ground that we might not possibly be able to communicate (or even see them?). Perhaps they're happy where they are, like the critters in the solid rock!
The mind reels with revelation! Simple evidenced discoveries are absolutely boggling in their implications. Check out earth's mycosphere! A creature and creatures as alien to our day to day life as a sun creature. I heard about it a few days ago on a science interview and a whole new world opened to me! I was gabberflasted with wonder and amazement. New grooves carving into the brain. New worlds and life in my own backyard.
We do find 'life' everywhere we look!!!
I feel that your 'beliefs' will be justified in 'some' fashion.
Keep the 'faith', and your eyes open!
Peace

Pusyphus

Reply Wed 28 Jan, 2009 11:17 pm
@Holiday20310401,
Holiday20310401 wrote:
First Question: Why does it (alien race) need to create plant life when plant life is required for heterotrophs to even evolve.

This alien race I am assuming is mobile, and therefore one can assume they are also heterotrophs, or you know what... who cares.. the point is why create life without a reason? Or do these aliens have reason?

Why does anyone create anything? to use it.

Second Question: And why would we have plant life that has symbiotic relationships with fungi and microbes that allow chemical reactions that use methane, depleting it.

Well, you see, if we have an alien race which requires methane, then why would it allow the "artificial" plant life they create to be symbiotic with microbes and fungi which use up methane? I know it was just an example you were giving, not any importance.

Good question. I'm not sure. I would guess that a careful balance with the ecology must be kept. If that's the case, then a few well-designed species could be implemented to "tip the scales" in one direction or the other, with respect to global/local content of certain gases. Would you buy that? (what are the by-products of those species, by the way?)

Holiday20310401

Reply Wed 28 Jan, 2009 11:24 pm
@Pusyphus,
Aliens clearly don't use us unless it's for some very twisted psychological experiment in which they'd be examining our social handle on infalsifiable claims, and trying to understand why us humans are so poor at doing so. You know... I'd buy that. It's sort of like two infalsifiables canceling each other out, leaving something reasonable.

Pusyphus

Reply Wed 28 Jan, 2009 11:47 pm
@Holiday20310401,
Holiday20310401 wrote:
Aliens clearly don't use us unless it's for some very twisted psychological experiment in which they'd be examining our social handle on infalsifiable claims, and trying to understand why us humans are so poor at doing so. You know... I'd buy that. It's sort of like two infalsifiables canceling each other out, leaving something reasonable.

Or maybe there are enough clues out there to identify the situation, and there is only so much anyone could do to confuse it. I think we'd agree that aliens would not be here to spread christianity. Just think of it in terms of the Matrix (I know, it's like playing Stairway to Heaven in a guitar store...No Matrix). But either we are supplying them with raw material (and I do mean raw), we are consuming their by-products (crude oil), or both.

Take a look at this video...

YouTube - The Hollow Earth

Holiday20310401

Reply Thu 29 Jan, 2009 12:09 am
@Pusyphus,
Pusyphus wrote:
Just think of it in terms of the Matrix

Oh come on!!! Infalsifiable... does that word not compute? You know... I'm going to make a thread and call it "The Psychology of Infalsifiables" and explain how I truly feel about this whole useless squirreling going on.

The aim of this thread is supposed to be about providing theories and criticizing them. Well it's all flawed regardless. Only the psychology matters.

And these youtube clips, why is it that they seem to revolve not around aliens, but around this trascendent/improvable phenomenon which unfortunately, blatantly suggests its all backed by petty emotional frenzies.

GHOST phil

Reply Thu 29 Jan, 2009 02:07 am
@Holiday20310401,
Pusyphus wrote:

But, many, many Americans would insist that the government already fears invasion, or at least it better. Do you actually think the government would gain any street credibility by continuing the lie? [Rhetorical] And, what about greed or power would necessarily be affected by disclosure?

Disclosure, would mean all the secret technology and documentation the Government is hiding, be released to the public. So you have one more possibility, if the Government isn't hiding technology, than they do not deal with these beings in any way, therefor, they might see them as a possible threat, because they don't know what they are capable of, or what they want. In this case, they determine them to be a threat to national security, and they are exempt from the freedom of information act.
Pusyphus wrote:

You are glossing over some fairly critical implied assumptions, and in the process, you are not allowing your own theory to be developed. If you imply important details, they better be given in a "language" that is agreed upon by you and your opponent. Otherwise, you waste time, and it's rarely for good reason.
You imply that the alien form would fully understand recombinant DNA technology. Fine. But then, you also imply that it's a snap of the fingers to make Ape 2.0. This is where your reasoning crumbles a little.

I said, it would be a tremendous feat for them, but not impossible, with enough knowledge, and they enjoy accomplishing such tremendous feats, who wouldn't, it's the joy of science. The brain is nothing but an extremely complex computer, programmed and manufactured by Mother Nature, I see no reason why Aliens could not study, and understand just how the ape's brain worked. It is now just a case of understanding genetics, and manipulating, adding, and taking from the DNA of the ape, which essentially contains the brains programming and hardware information. It's like the setup file for an application. It remains, compressed, and in a state that makes it unuseful until it is "installed", uncompressed, and put into use. The setup application is programmed by a programmer, just as our DNA was programmed by survival of the fittest.
Pusyphus wrote:

On earth, you may be hard-pressed to find a single researcher who agrees that it would be a snap of the fingers. Now, with evidence that it is a complex process, what supports your assumption that it would be a snap for anyone else? You can't use the guess that if they had the technology to travel accross great distances at tremendous speeds then they ought to be able to easily make new species; because as far as we know on earth, those are dramatically unrelated technologies. More importantly though, your theory hasn't established that they have the travel technology either.

I just use what technology they have, to get an idea of how intelligent and advanced they actually are. Yes, I think my theory has more than established that they must have technology that allows them to break the speed of light and possibly time, considering how large our universe is, even if they came from the closest star system, which is 4.22 light years away, they just wouldn't bother, unless they were able to travel faster than light.
Pusyphus wrote:

However, it may very well be a snap for the aliens, hypothetically. But, that would lead to the conclusion that they created ALL life here, not just bits and pieces, here and there. It makes more sense that this earth was indeed terra-formed by an external agency, one way or another. That's a realistic objective.

Yes, quiet possibly, but I didn't want to jump to such hasty conclusions, well not yet.
Pusyphus wrote:

In ANY case, most "committees" act toward an objective. There is plenty of support for that statement, wherever you look. So, I don't see anything to support the idea that the aliens would be doing this for fun, in favor over a concrete OBJECTIVE. Sure, the scope of some objective may not be evident yet. But don't just offer that claim of experimental study without explaining what the overall objective might be, at the expense of a more likely scenario. That's poor method. What is the objective that includes determining if they can make smart apes? And, why would they travel halfway accross the galaxy just to do that?

They can go anywhere they like in very little, or no time, they do not see distance as a barrier, so they do not see traveling half way across a universe as any sort of tedious task. I actually did say they have an objective, and they also have a time limit on that objective, 2012. I'm really not sure what they might be looking to achieve, I have the feeling that it is a very complex goal, something we will have a hard time figuring out, and I think we should just leave it alone for now, and leave our selves open to all the options, as you suggest, but when did I suggest they were just doing it for fun?
Pusyphus wrote:

I said we don't care if the robots KNOW we are watching THEM. The point is, if the aliens where conducting an experiment, what could you conclude if the aliens also chose to remain hidden? (Be careful how you answer this one.)

OK, sorry for reading it wrong the first time. I see three possibilities: they do not want to interfere with us in anyway, they were told to remain hidden by the Government in return for non-retaliation, and underground infrastructure (least likely, and I couldn't see them listening to such a primitive species or being incapable of creating their own safe havens), or, most likely, they don't care, and the way their craft work, makes them naturally invisible anyway, but they can lower their energy state into the visible light spectrum, which is why lots of people have seen them.
Pusyphus wrote:

By the way, did you notice I deleted the rest of your paragraph from this section? That's because we should all agree that you never said any of that. It's completely unnecessary, and it induces a new argument that distracts from your workable theory. I have to admit some of it was interesting. You had me at Mother Nature. Remember, save the "magic" card until after the end.

Yes, I didn't really want to stray off topic, and I was hoping you would notice and not continue on my path. I just thought I might throw in a few random thoughts.
Pusyphus wrote:

Alrighty, Ghost! This is getting good. And, it's gra-a-adually starting to solidify. Keep it up.

Thank you. Appreciate it.
Holiday20310401 wrote:

I'm sure there are lots of different aspects of our species that they are examining, and a lot of them are psychological ones.
Holiday20310401 wrote:

So Ghost, what's the theory now, as I'm assuming it's been changed.

Read through the thread to get an idea of what's going on...
nameless wrote:

Peace
A nice change in attitude...not sure why...but it was sort of off topic, not that I'm worried. I noticed you posted it in my other thread, yes, it is more appropriate there.

Oh, and you people are starting to get off topic, please stay on track...:a-ok:

nameless

Reply Thu 29 Jan, 2009 04:05 am
@GHOST phil,
GHOST;45445 wrote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by nameless
Peace

A nice change in attitude...not sure why...

I'm glad that it's more to your liking; another moment, another Perspective.
No 'why'.

Quote:
but it was sort of off topic, not that I'm worried.

I think that if you put on your tinfoil helmet and really try, you can find application of my post to your topic. (Ex; I talked about 'life' found everywhere and you are talking about 'life' coming from 'somewheres else'... 'reaffirming'...)
If it's really meaningless to you, then its fine that you are simply left feeling all warm and fuzzy...

Quote:
I noticed you posted it in my other thread, yes, it is more appropriate there.

Well, there you go!

Quote:
Oh, and you people are starting to get off topic, please stay on track...:a-ok:

Don't fret, I'm outta here.
See ya..
Peace

GHOST phil

Reply Thu 29 Jan, 2009 04:45 am
@nameless,
nameless wrote:

I think that if you put on your tinfoil helmet and really try, you can find application of my post to your topic. (Ex; I talked about 'life' found everywhere and you are talking about 'life' coming from 'somewheres else'... 'reaffirming'...)
If it's really meaningless to you, then its fine that you are simply left feeling all warm and fuzzy...

It wasn't meaningless, just more appropriate in my other thread. Lol...sorry if I didn't make you feel warm and fuzzy with my response.
nameless wrote:

Don't fret, I'm outta here.
See ya..
Peace

Peace..."sighs":listening:

xris

Reply Thu 29 Jan, 2009 05:00 am
@GHOST phil,
Im sorry Ghost you are doing the worst thing possible to convince anyone that we might just have ufos visting us..I can remember guys like Geoge Adamski Von Daniken.. I hope i spelt their names right..they made outlandish claims but eventually where disgraced..I honestly believe we need on both sides of this divide to take it seriously but you are one side of this pendulem and make it very difficult to discuss this subject.You need to be more reasonable and realistic..Do you realy think the governments could keep it that secret and that not one big whistle blower would not have stepped forward..He would make an awful lot of dosh ,a great incentive.Keep the faith but lets not become a ufo fundie please.Thank Xris..

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/25/2024 at 03:40:45