Welcome to nurse forum!

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Darla 1

Reply Sat 1 Oct, 2005 08:13 am
Smile Hi All! I'm an RNC in PA! My 'main love' is med-surg(since 1987) but worked medical-detox for 3 years and am currently caring for children and adults with medical/mental disabilities. I've been thinking of tavel nursing or relocating somewhere permanently but not sure where;lol.

wexarexfamily

Reply Sat 8 Oct, 2005 07:30 pm
Hi everyone,
I work in Observation/Ambulatory and Rehab. Only two years of experience, but it seems the toughest part is behind me. Just want to say how fortunate I am to work with nurses. I love my job! Razz

j4jules

Reply Mon 10 Oct, 2005 01:16 pm
New to this!!
Smile Hi there, i'm Julie although everyone calls me Jules. I am a Hepatopancreatobiliary(HPB)Nurse Practitioner in Cambridge England. Have been doing the job just over a year was a ward sister before that. We are revamping our ICP's at the moment and wondered if any of you in the states had any ideas or good templates that work for you, when looking after Whipple's patients. Would also love to hear from anyone who works in this field as there are not many of us. Crying or Very sad

rascal

Reply Sun 6 Nov, 2005 07:17 am
hello
im a student nurse. well, pre-nurse. just attempted the blood draw (IV pole had red cool aid in the bag....on a manacan arm), and learning cathadars....... i need to become more cautious with sterile technique. and will, with practice..... i get to take the STNA license test nov. 28th. and if i pass the final exam in my current class, i could be qualified for pca.
do employers generally hire newly school trained students ? any suggestions. I want to continue on climbing because i want to work with kids. i love, absolutely love the children.
thank you for letting me participate in your forum even though i am way below your league. i find that i can learn from you very valueable things. and therefore be a better nurse because of you. i hope you never mind letting me grow and learn from you. for the benefit of the patients, if not for me. thank you all for all you do. you make a difference, even if it doesnt feel like it.
rascal

cfsrner

Reply Mon 21 Nov, 2005 12:44 am
hi Ya'll
Hello, I am new to this forum, and I'm really glad I found it. I am a travel nurse, and I work in Er. I have been a nurse for 6 years. (I waitied till my kids could make their own sandwich before going back to school. Looking forward to checking in here regularly

CATHY H

Reply Fri 25 Nov, 2005 07:39 am
Hi my name is Cathy. I live in the UK and will be starting my nurse training on the 30th Jan 2006 (can't wait lol Laughing )

lv cathy x x

yoyo 1

Reply Fri 25 Nov, 2005 04:47 pm
Hi Cathy , Good luck to you .

OneRowdyCowgirl

Reply Sat 26 Nov, 2005 01:07 am
Howdy all from Oklahoma, questions about traveling
Howdy all from Oklahoma, Im new to this site, Im an ER nurse at a busy metro OkC Hospital. Im really considering the traveling thing. It seems like it would be so exciting for this country girl to visit NYC and FLA, Hawaii and all the different places i would never get to experience. My only problem is my husband. He doesnt want to me to be gone for a long period of time. Im hoping that eventually he will travel with me. I have a question for you experienced travelers. I make really good money here in OKC and the traveling jobs dont even pay as much as i make here at home. I want to travel but lets face it its all about the money. I absolutely love nursing but i want my traveling job to be lucrative. Im a hard working fun loving very energetic person and i feel like i could work anywhere and fit in with just about any staff. We have had travelers in the past come through our ER and they make the life style seem so fun, they also say they make a lot more money than most nurses who work for a hospital even per diem. What do you all have to say about this? Can you recommend a really good traveling agency that wont sent you to the gates of hell hospital? My other concern is safe housing. Any takers on this subject? I also have considered finding a traveling partner, i think it would be way more fun if you had someone to travel with. looking forward to chatting with all of you.

rascal

Reply Wed 30 Nov, 2005 10:43 pm
guess what guys........ i passed my final exam. i am now a pca...assistant to the nurse.
well, i feel great. i am looking forward to being the best i can be to be help to you great nurses. and one day, maybe i can be a real nurse too. but we will see . thanks for letting me participate with you on this forum. i cant wait to be a hand of help and compassion to many folks.
rascal

traveler99

Reply Thu 1 Dec, 2005 10:02 pm
travel
most companies provide good places to stay. we had one bad experience and refused to accept the housing but they did try to accomadate us. I travel with my retired husband. the main thing is to read the contract before you sign it and iron out problems ahead of time. some recruiters will tell you one thing just to find out later its different in the contract. I was recently left without both travel pay and a bonus promised after completion of a 13 week stay. you learn as you go along. be sure you understand whats required of you on the unit. not all hospitals have moved to the new millentium and still do things without computers while responsible for 8 patients expecting you to remember 8 caseloads. just make sure to lessen the suprises and you'll do fine.

giemagpantay

Reply Tue 27 Dec, 2005 04:32 pm
happy new year everyone!!!
hi everybody! im gie, im a registered nurse here in the philippines. im planning to take an nclex exam by next year but i dont know how to get the application form. hope you guys can help me.[/i][/b][/i]

kimmi 1

Reply Fri 6 Jan, 2006 06:06 pm
new me
Hiya all.. just wanted to send a big hello to all.. Im a first year student nurse in West Mids, U.K and finding my way round the big world of nursing..Any advice will always be welcome and no doubt i will be posting questions and help over and over again... take care for now and a happy new year to all... Laughing

kellyd

Reply Thu 12 Jan, 2006 01:36 am
Re: travel
traveler99 wrote:
most companies provide good places to stay. we had one bad experience and refused to accept the housing but they did try to accomadate us. I travel with my retired husband. the main thing is to read the contract before you sign it and iron out problems ahead of time. some recruiters will tell you one thing just to find out later its different in the contract. I was recently left without both travel pay and a bonus promised after completion of a 13 week stay. you learn as you go along. be sure you understand whats required of you on the unit. not all hospitals have moved to the new millentium and still do things without computers while responsible for 8 patients expecting you to remember 8 caseloads. just make sure to lessen the suprises and you'll do fine.

thanks for the tips, I'm also going to take my retired husband with me to Arizona, Phoenix Baptist hospital-- I'm brand new to travelling and read everything I can. I am awaiting my "package" although my contract has already been emailed to me. My recruiter is anxious for me to sign and return the contract (already had the phone interview with the hospital) sounds ok but I'm worried that maybe in the "package" will be something that I'm not able to complete. Am I being too NERVOUS or what?

Lyndsey 1

Reply Sun 15 Jan, 2006 01:55 pm
Hello there

My name is Lyndsey and I am currently working as an Occupational Health Nurse here in UK. I have been qualified now for 6 years and have worked in various locations including the Royal Navy. I stumbled over this site as I was looking for information about working in America. I hope to have some interesting conversations with you all!!!!

Lyndsey :wink:

srsoon2brn

Reply Tue 24 Jan, 2006 06:54 am
Re: Welcome to nurse-forum.com!
Head Nurse wrote:
Welcome nurses, feel free to post an introduction here.

Hi Everyone, Excuse me if I seem ignorant. I have no prior experience with chat rooms or any other internet forum for that matter(other than what I have to do for school). I graduate this May(I pray!)

srsoon2brn

Reply Tue 24 Jan, 2006 06:55 am
Not Right?
O.K. friends, I'll get the hang of it eventually(I hope)

NurseBaker

Reply Tue 24 Jan, 2006 12:59 pm
Introduction
Hi, I'm Debbie, an LPN for 30 years in WI. I've posted a couple of times here, visit often, but don't think I've introduced myself!

I'm a soon to be traveler! Been reading all of your advice, checking with different agencies, and just accepted a 26 week assignment with Core Medical Group and will start in 2 weeks if I can get through all the paper work. I am excited! I have been searching for new employment for 21/2 years and hopefully headed to where God wants me.

srsoon2brn

Reply Tue 24 Jan, 2006 01:57 pm
rascal wrote:
guess what guys........ i passed my final exam. i am now a pca...assistant to the nurse.
well, i feel great. i am looking forward to being the best i can be to be help to you great nurses. and one day, maybe i can be a real nurse too. but we will see . thanks for letting me participate with you on this forum. i cant wait to be a hand of help and compassion to many folks.
rascal

GOOD LUCK RASCAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!KEEP ON TRUCKIN!

srsoon2brn

Reply Tue 24 Jan, 2006 02:01 pm
Re: Introduction
NurseBaker wrote:
Hi, I'm Debbie, an LPN for 30 years in WI. I've posted a couple of times here, visit often, but don't think I've introduced myself!

I'm a soon to be traveler! Been reading all of your advice, checking with different agencies, and just accepted a 26 week assignment with Core Medical Group and will start in 2 weeks if I can get through all the paper work. I am excited! I have been searching for new employment for 21/2 years and hopefully headed to where God wants me.[/quote
That is my dream as well. How exciting for you! God Bless!!

recruit

Reply Wed 1 Feb, 2006 11:24 pm
Another newbie
Hello all, I'm the new one now I guess. I watch several nursing forums and message boards and just found this one. Lots of good information out there.
I'm a Director of Nursing in NE (for 6 years) and also just started a nurse expert recruiting business. I think it will be challenging and exciting, not that my current position isn't. Any other nurse consultants out there?

Looking forward to exchanging info here, helping and obtaining help.
Very Happy

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/25/2024 at 05:01:26