Welcome to nurse forum!

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

cmpadthotmailcom

Reply Tue 1 Mar, 2005 08:48 pm
hello everyone,i am a nurse from germany in LA,trying to learn for the nclex exam Crying or Very sad have still my problem in medical terminology,medical english and etc......so would be happy for any suggestion....advice,,,or more,,,less Smile

declair16netzeronet

Reply Wed 2 Mar, 2005 10:25 am
welcome
Hi Everyone
This is a most interesting forum, to hear from other nurses. I have been thinking of taking classes on the internet but just kept putting it off. Guess your never to old to learn.
Devota from TX

malenurse

Reply Wed 2 Mar, 2005 10:34 am
Yeah this forum is great. Hello all, I hope I can learn lots from everyone.

cmpadt: I would suggest you spend time on your english because until you master that you might have trouble getting hired in the U.S. Best of luck to you!

[/quote]

Moderator 1

Reply Wed 2 Mar, 2005 10:55 am
I am so glad you all could join us. We want this forum to be a place for you to learn from each other, voice your oponion's and simply get to know your fellow nurses Razz

hbbx5711

Reply Wed 2 Mar, 2005 08:31 pm
Re: Welcome to nurse-forum.com!
Head Nurse wrote:
Welcome nurses, feel free to post an introduction here.

Hi all. I'm an RN, BSN in New York. Although travel nursing sounds quite interesting and exciting, it's not an option for me at this time due to family and other obligations. I've been a nurse for many years and have worked in many specialty areas including Home Care; Geriatrics; and MR/DD in a residential school and treatment facility. Currently I am employed as an RN Instructor teaching a Certified Home Health Aide course for a privately owned Home Health Care agency. Teaching is interesting and fun; I might even consider teaching a Certified Nursing Assistant course at some future time. I do find that I miss working directly with patients though and am also thinking of taking some certification courses such as IV certification; wound care; etc., so that I can do some fee-per-visit work. I'd love to open up a home care agency of my own but first I have some other matters re my personal non-professional life I must attend to before I can address that dream. I have no immediate plans to retire; in fact the thought of total retirement is a long way off for me if ever. I'd probably be bored stiff and chomping at the bit to return to work even if I did.
Smile Well I think I've written enough for an intro. Although I've plenty more to say, best to save it for another time. Don't want to use all my most interesting chat up on the first go.

surfgirl

Reply Thu 3 Mar, 2005 10:15 am
Welcome, sounds like you will have lots of information to share and we appreciate that!

bowlerrn

Reply Sat 5 Mar, 2005 09:14 am
Hello
Just thought I would sign up and say hello, it's always good to talk to other nurses out there. I've been a TNS all my career and finally burned out. Am doing Occupational Health and Safety now. Needed a change of pace. Razz

Kc 1

Reply Mon 7 Mar, 2005 07:33 am
Hello
Hello to everyone!
I am a high school senior and trying to find out some info on traveling nurses. I have researched the internet and cant find too much info except for companies that hire. If you are a traveling nurse please contact me so I can have help understanding more about this career and what i need to take in college. Thank you. Have a great day! Very Happy [/img]

surfgirl

Reply Mon 7 Mar, 2005 09:18 am
Kc- why don't you post some of your questions, I am sure we have lots of information to help you out with!

ANurse

Reply Mon 7 Mar, 2005 04:40 pm
Hello to all
I am an LPN with only 2 years experience as a Nurse. I have 2 years Med/Surg and 1 1/2 years Cardiology experience. (Worked two hospitals at the same time). Currently Persuing my RN degree through RUE Education. I just started but my goal is to complete the program by Nov of this year. I live in (hurricane fearing) sunny Florida. Currently working in a Rehab Facility (this allows for more study time). With the enormous amount of experience on this site I hope to utilize some of your expertise as a nurses. Great meeting all of you. God Bless. Julio

easybreezy

Reply Thu 10 Mar, 2005 05:05 am
Hi all, I am glad to have found this board...to post question and chat with a)nurses I don't see everyday, and b)friendly people who understand my career!
I am a med/surg nurse in WI, going on 4 years. I was a CNA for 5 years before this. The hospital I work in now is our regional trauma center. It is also part of the Hospital Sisters Health System...anyone else work in one of these facilities (I believe there are about 13 of them, in the midwest). I have training as a Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner, but did not keep that job...it was too much in addition to my other one (and my boss was difficult!).
Glad to be here!

flygirl 1

Reply Thu 10 Mar, 2005 10:49 pm
Hello
Hi all. Just joined and wanted to say hi! New grad & RN X 2+ months. Hope to network with lots of other interesting nurses!

kellyd

Reply Sat 12 Mar, 2005 03:35 pm
new person on board
Hi
I'm a Canadian RN, work in ICU for many years, wanting to travel. I'm trying to find companies that offer 4 week assignments to give it a try. Any suggestions out there, would like to get away from the cold and snow so am thinking of Arizona, California, Florida. Help please anyone?? Debbie

surfgirl

Reply Mon 14 Mar, 2005 12:09 pm
Glad to have you kellyd. I believe most travel assignments are 13-14 weeks, if your interested in that I know a few places you could check for assignments.

canadianborn

Reply Tue 15 Mar, 2005 01:44 am
Re: Welcome to nurse-forum.com!
Hello,

I am from Canadian and looking to go traveling. My first location I would love to visit and work at is Hawaii. It's cold up here and I need some sun!
I'm currently working on an orthopedic unit. Hope to meet some new people in my travels.

Carri

brokenankles555

Reply Tue 15 Mar, 2005 01:45 pm
Geriatric Nurse
Hello, I am a geriatric nurse from Bremerton, WA. Love to find people to chat with and vent frustrations with. Anyone interrested? Laughing

teriyaky

Reply Tue 15 Mar, 2005 03:12 pm
That's why we are all here! Welcome Razz

kellyd

Reply Wed 16 Mar, 2005 09:39 am
travel assignments
surfgirl wrote:
Glad to have you kellyd. I believe most travel assignments are 13-14 weeks, if your interested in that I know a few places you could check for assignments.

would love to hear where you've been and how the companies have treated you. Can always file this info in the old noggin for later travel, if not suitable for right now. thanks for your reply
kellyd

rodelyn lindres

Reply Fri 1 Apr, 2005 09:16 pm
hello
Robert wrote:
Hi, as you can imagine my name is Robert and I am a recovering nurse. Razz

Embarrassed hi robert,, I am rodelyn and I am an ICU nurse from the Philippines.... :

rodelyn lindres

Reply Fri 1 Apr, 2005 09:24 pm
hello
[url]

Hello everyone..... I am Rodely and i am an ICU nurse from the Philippines... Wish i could learn more as i am planning to travel... Kumusta sa inyong lahat .. God Bless Rolling Eyes

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/24/2024 at 03:29:57