Welcome to nurse forum!

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

msmelinda21

Reply Thu 12 May, 2005 10:56 pm
LisaRN wrote:
I am Lisa. An RN since 1994, but not currently working. I was approved for disability last summer. I am hoping that someday, my health will improve so that I may go back to work. Only time will tell.

I live in Arkansas. I am married and have 2 kids.

I spent my career, mostly, in LTC. I did work in 2 hospitals for a very short time. But I love LTC and the elderly. I have done just about everything from CNA to charge nurse to weekend RN to Care Plan Coordinator to DON. So, if it pertains to LTC, I can probably answer any question. Very Happy

Hello LisaRN:

I have also recently been approved for disibility, before I even got to work as a Nurse. I graduated May 14,2004 and had back surgery May 21, 2004, just one week after graduation. The surgery went bad, I had internal bleeding complications and spent 7 night in ICU and then 2 months in the hospital, followed by physical therapy, which I am still going through. May 21 of this year will be one year since this whole nightmare began. I have yet to take boards. I am not even sure if I will ever be able to work as a nurse, because of my disibility, but I still want my license, I did not go to school all that time for nothing. I am a single mom, age 35 with two boys ages 6 and 9. They sacrificed alot of quality time with mommy while I was going to school, working, studying and trying to support my family. So, not getting my license is out of the question. I'll let you know how it goes. See Ya. :wink:

shannon 1

Reply Tue 17 May, 2005 07:43 pm
hello friends and recovering rns
my name is shannon and i am a registered nurse. chronically taking care of the ill, needy, and those who think they are --- is what i do best. making people feel better by fluffing their pillow or my preferred way---pharmacologically. i prefer patients that are anesthetized, "life is typically better through the eyes of pharmacology," once quoted by a crna and a very good friend. still nursing because i enjoy the spice of life--people! 8) peace out!

ornursern

Reply Mon 23 May, 2005 10:07 pm
Just to say Hi
Hello all,
My name is Brenda. I have been a nurse for 20 years and have had a varied career. Staff nurse, charge nurse, nurse manager, circulating nurse; OR is my speciality area. I have enjoyed every minute and I am glad to hear from nurses who feel the same way. I'll be checking in as I am considering travel nursing and need experienced nurses to talk to and as questions. Thank you all in advance and I'll talk to you in the future. Brenda

jeremyrn

Reply Wed 1 Jun, 2005 06:42 pm
I stumbled into this site and I am glad I did. I enjoy reading posts from other nurses and even post myself occasionally. I am new to nursing, just reaching 6 months as an RN. I love my job. I can't picture myself doing anything else, except maybe CRNA. Anyway, glad to be a part of this group and hope you guys keep letting me post my opinions/gripes.

Jeremy

lahawkrn

Reply Wed 1 Jun, 2005 09:22 pm
Re: hello friends and recovering rns
shannon wrote:
my name is shannon and i am a registered nurse. chronically taking care of the ill, needy, and those who think they are --- is what i do best. making people feel better by fluffing their pillow or my preferred way---pharmacologically. i prefer patients that are anesthetized, "life is typically better through the eyes of pharmacology," once quoted by a crna and a very good friend. still nursing because i enjoy the spice of life--people! 8) peace out!

Hi Shannon...my Name is April and I thought your post was great...do you feel like a glorified stewadess with access to pharmacological refreshments? I personally wish I could dispense these cocktails to physicians and coworkers, especially the ones who act like they have to go in a darkened lab and make the compounds themselves; therefore they are stingy and judgemental. I have loved nursing for over 15 yrs.
It has changed so much since I started! I hope I live to retire and I hope I don't get fibromyalgia or psych problems along the way.

nurse72

Reply Wed 8 Jun, 2005 12:47 pm
Re: Welcome to nurse-forum.com!
Head Nurse wrote:
Welcome nurses, feel free to post an introduction here.
Hi my name is Tammy I am a registered nurse and I have being unable to find a decent job. I have changed three jobs since I graduated in December 2001. The first job I left because my nurse manager put me on probation and I couldn't take the stress as a new graduate. Then I went to a different hospital and things didn't work out and I was ask to transfer to rehab. To make a long story short I ended up leaving the whole hospital and I didn't accept the job in rehab. I went to another hospital and was ask to resign. I left and now I am working in rehab. The problem is I don't enjoy rehab. nursing and want to further my nursing career and find a job that I can earn more skills at. But the problem I have being having is no one want to hire me at the hospitals I worked at previously. Want am I to do I feel like a failure. How can I overcome this and find a decent job.

nurse72

Reply Wed 8 Jun, 2005 12:49 pm
nurse72 wrote:
Head Nurse wrote:
Hi my name is Tammy I am a registered nurse and I have being unable to find a decent job. I have changed three jobs since I graduated in December 2001. The first job I left because my nurse manager put me on probation and I couldn't take the stress as a new graduate. Then I went to a different hospital and things didn't work out and I was ask to transfer to rehab. To make a long story short I ended up leaving the whole hospital and I didn't accept the job in rehab. I went to another hospital and was ask to resign. I left and now I am working in rehab. The problem is I don't enjoy rehab. nursing and want to further my nursing career and find a job that I can earn more skills at. But the problem I have being having is no one want to hire me at the hospitals I worked at previously. Want am I to do I feel like a failure. How can I overcome this and find a decent job.

ann 1

Reply Thu 16 Jun, 2005 02:06 pm
Hi

My name is a Ann I am an RN living and working in the UK.

I have been an RN for 15 years and have just started to study for the NCLEX which I can take here in the UK

I have just found this forum on the webb and was wondering if some of you would be able to anwer some of my many questions about what it is like to live and work in the US.

We own a house in central Florida and this is where we hope to emmigrate to after (Hopfully) passing the NCLEX.

I work in a Cardiac Cath Lab does anyone have any info on Cath Labs in Florida or the US

Thanks and great to join you all

harleychic

Reply Thu 16 Jun, 2005 08:40 pm
Head Nurse wrote:

hello, i am new to the forum...started as a lpn in 1994, went back for adn in 1996. work in critical care and er....so nursing career has been 11 years. WOW i am tired. i am only in my mid30's and to tell you all the truth, dont know if i can handle this CRAZY career for another 20 years.
can you believe how much worse this field of work is going to get????
PLEASE REPLY if any of you feel the same.....
Rolling Eyes

kellyd

Reply Tue 21 Jun, 2005 09:51 pm
Re: Just to say Hi
ornursern wrote:
Hello all,
My name is Brenda. I have been a nurse for 20 years and have had a varied career. Staff nurse, charge nurse, nurse manager, circulating nurse; OR is my speciality area. I have enjoyed every minute and I am glad to hear from nurses who feel the same way. I'll be checking in as I am considering travel nursing and need experienced nurses to talk to and as questions. Thank you all in advance and I'll talk to you in the future. Brenda

Hi Brenda:
I am an ICU RN (Canadian) whose daughter has just graduated from a surgical tech program in Minnesota. Since you have worked in the OR, just a question for you--- do they hire trained surgical techs even though they are Canadian, my daughter wants to work in the US and has applied for a job but has not heard anything yet--- getting very discouraged, especially since surg techs are apparently hot commodities right now. ( she had an American boyfriend--but things did not work out well) I can't imagine that she would need a visa screen as her schooling was in the US--anyway thanks for your reply or any info

icugirlfriend

Reply Tue 12 Jul, 2005 06:33 pm
Hey There!! I was looking around for chat rooms for Nurses, looking to make some connections, even get support, or give support if needed. I have Been a nurse for about 2 years, and Am interested in meeting others like me. Very Happy

granniegingeryahoocom

Reply Wed 13 Jul, 2005 07:41 pm
Hello everyone. I'm Ginger. I'm just now looking at the site, so I may be in the wrong forum Shocked WOW! Nurse chatroom !
I really don't have a clue how I got here either!
Let's see...I'm from Willacoochee Georgia, RURAL South.
Fifty years old, three adult children, 2 incredible grands, 2 on the way, 2 horses....Gee I seem to do things in 2's.
I think I've worked everywhere, so I won't bore you with the resume :wink:
I'm currently The Wal-Mart Nurse.
Oh yeah, Hello

soon2beRN

Reply Sat 23 Jul, 2005 04:16 pm
new here
Hi,
My name is Jolie, married with 2 teenagers and we live in Missouri. I'm a student nurse and will be graduating in December '05 with my ASN. I'm excited about finding this forum and hope to learn from your experiences as RN's.

kellyhRN

Reply Wed 24 Aug, 2005 02:45 am
Hello everyone...
New to this forum. Just wanted to say hello from FL. I am a fairly new nurse working in the NICU. I have thought about traveling, but fear my lack of experience isn't beneficial. Any thoughts?

contessa

Reply Wed 24 Aug, 2005 12:21 pm
hi, Very Happy
i'm rossella from italy.
i'm 18 years old and i'm a student Shocked .
the next year i want to study nursing in USA, but i don't know very much about this.
can anybody help me?. for example with some information of that do you study?? you do you do???

sorry for my mistakes , but i don't speak very well english. Embarrassed .

thanks a lot ...

sunshine 602003

Reply Fri 26 Aug, 2005 01:37 pm
prision
I will be new to travel,My ? has anyone done corrections in Arizona....sunshine[/b]

Sashi48

Reply Fri 2 Sep, 2005 09:44 pm
Re: prision
sunshine_602003 wrote:
I will be new to travel,My ? has anyone done corrections in Arizona....sunshine[/b]

Sunshine, I wish I knew. Corrections is my specialty and I too am looking for travel position. I have on occasion seen posts online for corrections in Calif. and Arizona but I was not prepared to go at the time. Now when I'm looking, I can't remember which companies I saw the post from. I have some other inquiries on a few other boards but nothing yet. I've filled out numerous applications on "the chance", but I'm done with filling out the stacks of papers unless they tell me if they even have the potential of placing me in a position. My direct inquiries to many companies have been answered by their sending me another encyclopedia size application. Please keep in touch and maybe we can help each other. You'll find me at most other boards as Sashi48.

Sashi48

Reply Fri 2 Sep, 2005 10:29 pm
nurse72 wrote:
Head Nurse wrote:

:wink: Tammy, Take heart. I have been where you are. If you truly wanted to be a nurse at one time, don't become discouraged. I was quite naive when I went to nursing school. All I knew is I had always wanted to be a nurse. What KIND of nurse, I'd never given thought to. It never occurred to me that there were more than one kind of nurse. I too was a dismal failure at the hospital. I lasted 18 months. I was not at all knowledgable about politics, back stabbers, or just plain miserable superiors (who felt superior) Confused . I felt like more than a failure. I felt like a Non-person and certainly a non-nurse. By the time I left the hospital(Oh yeah they asked me to resign but I was too impudent for that, I MADE them fire me) Twisted Evil, I was a basket case. With my confidence now SHAKEN I went from field to field only to, either, be asked to resign(and this time I did) or, run fleeing in fear Shocked . I finally had to get out of nursing all together and managed to stumble into a job at the golf course!!! Imagine That!! I loved it!!! Fresh air, sunshine, riding my big H5 down the fairway, whacking all those lost balls out of the rough with my bush-hog!! Not only that but I had 2 employers who will never know how they changed my life. They were wonderful. Praising me for everything I did, saying what a fast learner I was Smile They did wonders for my confidence. Enough so that after a summer of sun, Razz I felt ready to tackle nursing again. I did so through a registry(what are now called agencys). I could try something and if it wasn't for me I tried some other field, all the while staying with the same company. It was only by sheer dumb luck that I stumbled into the field of nursing that I have been in for the last 18 years. Prison Rolling Eyes(well no, not IN, but,, oh you know what I mean) Sure some days I could just scream Evil or Very Mad , LOL but most days I'm just glad I didn't give up. Just keep jumping around long enough Tammy and you WILL find YOUR niche..Don't let others attitude dissuade you, but don't forget to look constructively at their criticism(sp?) and ask yourself if they might possibly have SOME points. I did, in retrospect realize that I needed to change some things, and I worked slowly on building on every change........ Ask people you trust if THEY think your torturers might be right about some things, AND be willing to change. I might add that I NEVER went back to work at that hospital or ANY hospital, something that sort of continued to make me feel "less than" for a while.......But I'm over it Laughing I'm 54 and have been an RN for 27 years. "CHIN UP TAMMY"

HeatherLPN

Reply Mon 19 Sep, 2005 04:06 pm
Hi I'm Heather Smile Nice ot meet you all. I haven't been a nurse very long. I've been working MR/DD for 4 years, absolutely love it, but they can't give me the hours I need (recently divorced and need full time and benefits now), so I'm looking for another job. Not too many in MR/DD, and not having much luck since that's where most of my experience is.

You've all had so many different experiences, so I hope to learn a lot here.

carlamarie

Reply Mon 26 Sep, 2005 03:47 pm
new to forum
Hi everyone, I am a RN, I presently work prn at small hospital in Oklahoma, waiting for my daughter to graduate in May 2006 to start my travel career. Can anyone give me any pointers or sugestions on good travel company. I will need dependent insurance for my family but do not want to pay out the butt for it. any suggestions would be helpful

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/25/2024 at 12:11:30