juri006

Reply Mon 6 Jul, 2009 06:35 am
@PhilosophyForum,
hey! i listened it on youtube, it's great song! :a-ok:

FireWalkWithMe

Reply Wed 8 Jul, 2009 03:28 pm
@Imnotrussian,
Imnotrussian;74865 wrote:
lol i was 11 i just put my hands up, the guy was huge. i stand by my decision lol

hilarious... perhaps some spy movies influenced you. :a-ok:

Reader phil

Reply Fri 10 Jul, 2009 12:35 am
@FireWalkWithMe,
One subject suggested this name. The subject here/now asked that subject, 'what is a good userID name for a character to study Anti-Oedipus?' That subject suggested Readerer. But this subject is not the agglutinative Readerer, who you may meet, very directly, later: so reader.

FireWalkWithMe

Reply Sat 11 Jul, 2009 01:19 am
@Reader phil,
Reader;76261 wrote:
One subject suggested this name. The subject here/now asked that subject, 'what is a good userID name for a character to study Anti-Oedipus?' That subject suggested Readerer. But this subject is not the agglutinative Readerer, who you may meet, very directly, later: so reader.

Have you seen the movie The Reader (with Kate Winslet)...it was quite good!

Anais

Reply Sat 18 Jul, 2009 04:15 pm
@FireWalkWithMe,
FireWalkWithMe;72787 wrote:
My username comes from a David Lynch film called Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me

That subtitle really stuck with me. Someone mistaked it to mean:

Firewalk with me. But I think it was meant like this, or at least this is how I took it:

Fire, walk with me.

The latter is more haunting.

This is late to reply, but I have just arrived, excuse me.

Even with my myopia afflicted eyesight, I could have spotted this user name and its implications a mile away.

I would safely assume your interpretation of emphasis is correct... "Fire, walk with me." It is clearly expressed as this, several times throughout the second season.

Love the name.

---------- Post added 07-19-2009 at 10:20 AM ----------

The name Anais is not so obscurely a nod to Anais Nin, one could say I was a fan of her writing and persona.

It also happens to be a only slightly shortened anagram of my actual name, and fairly close to my "nick-name"...

Well not the most interesting...but there you have it

Ongbak

Reply Sat 18 Jul, 2009 08:33 pm
@PhilosophyForum,
Better late than later. Ongbak 1 is a movie from Thailand which defines culture, tradition and Buddhism beliefs. I used this name even if I am not a Thai because it was the first movie I watch about Thailand. Well, it does really kick ass just in movie only! Yet, my name would be like searching for answers which often times bothered me.

FireWalkWithMe

Reply Sun 19 Jul, 2009 07:57 pm
@Anais,
Anais;78209 wrote:
This is late to reply, but I have just arrived, excuse me.

Even with my myopia afflicted eyesight, I could have spotted this user name and its implications a mile away.

I would safely assume your interpretation of emphasis is correct... "Fire, walk with me." It is clearly expressed as this, several times throughout the second season.

Love the name.

---------- Post added 07-19-2009 at 10:20 AM ----------

The name Anais is not so obscurely a nod to Anais Nin, one could say I was a fan of her writing and persona.

It also happens to be a only slightly shortened anagram of my actual name, and fairly close to my "nick-name"...

Well not the most interesting...but there you have it

Thank you. I'm glad I didn't take the title the wrong way (that would have been embarrassing!)

I too like your name. I have two of her books (that I've yet to really read in their entirety: Fire and Incest) :Glasses:

alencaptain

Reply Mon 20 Jul, 2009 03:16 am
@PhilosophyForum,
alencaptain is kind of my usual ID. My English name is alen(I am a Chinese),and I always fancy for the word captain.I think the spirit of captain is worshipful.The person who is responsible for all lives on a ship,and the only one who has to associate his life with a sinking ship.

Craig phil

Reply Thu 23 Jul, 2009 10:54 pm
@PhilosophyForum,
It's my name... Smile

CygnusX1

Reply Sat 1 Aug, 2009 01:52 pm
@PhilosophyForum,
Hi all?

Why?

X1 is allegedly a black hole in the constellation Cygnus... yet more importantly it is a song by Canadian prog rockers - Rush (perhaps the greatest band in the Universe accepting our limited human knowledge of the Universe that is).

... as I have an interest in.... you guessed it - philosophies, and I have a few questions!
Hope to explore these with you soon?

Smile

Teru Wong

Reply Wed 5 Aug, 2009 08:24 am
@PhilosophyForum,
I have mine from the God.
The God decided our destinies. Fates are in our hands.

ACADEMIC FREEDOM has been destroyed by censorships of websites and abuses of forum rules.

All my academic achievements have been destroyed by the adminstrators and moderators in some forums who are actually Professors in real world. To safeguard their priviledges, I have no channels to publish my findings.

1. The Bible
Chapters are divided by time with regards to different calendars. Rearrange the orders and must read them with history.

2. The Lighters' Effects & my related concepts in ecology
Ocean currents act as lighter to warm up the sea.
Multiplying effects on Global warming.

3. Infinity in Mathematics
I solved it in a mathematical way. See the "Solution to 'Infinity' in Mathematics. Applying the concept of timeline is acceptable in maths.

4. My hypothesis of the "Planets are Living Things".
It is also a scientific proof of the God that can be proved by sciences.
Please kindly read through all my theories.

5. Psychological Therapies
I pointed out that "No Objects & Subjects are equals".
Psychological therapies are INVALID.
All psychologists know that. They did not hide it, but seems to be intended to.

I hope I will not be banned by this web site because of this post.
Academic Freedom in the United Kingdom have to be respected.

Thanks in advances.

Justin

Reply Wed 5 Aug, 2009 10:06 am
@Teru Wong,
Teru Wong;81418 wrote:
I have mine from the God.
The God decided our destinies. Fates are in our hands.

ACADEMIC FREEDOM has been destroyed by censorships of websites and abuses of forum rules.

Well when you start paying the bills and hosting a forum, then you are free to censor whatever you'd like. As for this forum we do not censor but if I remember correctly, you recently opened an account called Terry Wong and were banned for opening 23 threads in a single day. Simply copying and pasting stuff you'd spilled all over the internet. Sorry, this sort of thing is not allowed on this forum. There are plenty of forums you are free to spam, this isn't one of them.

Your message may actually be a decent one, it's too bad you have chosen a poor method of communicating it by bombarding forums all over the internet.

Teru Wong;81418 wrote:
All my academic achievements have been destroyed by the adminstrators and moderators in some forums who are actually Professors in real world. To safeguard their priviledges, I have no channels to publish my findings.

Actually, you were contacted about this as well and I offered you to place your 'academic achievements' in your blog which we've graciously provided on this forum. This would be a good way for you to organize them into folders or categories and share them with others. Instead of contacting me back via PM, you chose to start 10 more threads.

Teru Wong;81418 wrote:
I hope I will not be banned by this web site because of this post.
Academic Freedom in the United Kingdom have to be respected.

You already are.

xris

Reply Wed 5 Aug, 2009 12:19 pm
@Justin,
Justin i wonder if it might be possible to have a nutters club,where those banned could hibernate to and we could observe them in silence.I just hope i can control my fingers from pointing me there.
You dont meet these souls in real life and the experience of their intensity is somewhat unreal.I wonder should you,we, accommodate them in some way? as an exercise in confronting their excesses.I know rules must be applied for sanity sake but i just wonder, no forget it Justin, just musing.. another glass of red wine should cure me..

Justin

Reply Wed 5 Aug, 2009 12:42 pm
@xris,
xris;81448 wrote:
Justin i wonder if it might be possible to have a nutters club,where those banned could hibernate to and we could observe them in silence.I just hope i can control my fingers from pointing me there.
You dont meet these souls in real life and the experience of their intensity is somewhat unreal.I wonder should you,we, accommodate them in some way? as an exercise in confronting their excesses.I know rules must be applied for sanity sake but i just wonder, no forget it Justin, just musing.. another glass of red wine should cure me..

That's actually in the works. It's going to be called the Trash Can and will only be viewable by paying members of the forum... We're implementing this asap. However, they will not be able to continue posting at all.

If any member should come in here and start posting threads and copying and pasting their crap here and are banned for some reason or another... usually spam, if they are sincere in wanting to be involved here, then they will have to make an effort to contact me and resolve the issue and have a clear understanding of what's allowed and what's not.

This member, as I remember correctly, opened roughly 30 threads within a 24 hour period, (all of which have been deleted) and this added 30 new tweets to our twitter profile, which is also spammy and those to have to be deleted. So it's a process. We'll get a trash can together soon.

vincubus

Reply Sun 23 Aug, 2009 03:47 pm
@PhilosophyForum,
Admin;31097 wrote:
If you read through the Member list, the names chosen range from the incredible to the ironic to the bizarre.

Here is a chance to tell us why you chose the Name you did and perhaps get to know you better.

Note to all philosophers: this thread is informational only.

an incubus is a demon that supposedly sexually satisfies female witches (devotees of satan, although witches aren't devotees of satan) and the v is from the planet venus.

in essence, my nic was a statement of desire.

inunokanojo

Reply Mon 24 Aug, 2009 10:47 am
@vincubus,
My name is the result of me being an anime fan and at the time it was created, of one anime in particular; Inuyasha. I was wanting something unique that no one else would have so that I could use it for just about everything and not have to keep up with half a dozen nicknames when I join forums and stuff. A friend of mine came up with it and told me that it roughly translates to Inu's girl. Razz Cheesy, I know but it fit my needs and I've never signed up for anything using it and had to worry about it already being taken. My other name I go by (which was already taken when I signed up here) is Kratos. I chose it because of my love of Greek mythology and the game the character Kratos comes from called God of War. Smile

gentryman

Reply Mon 24 Aug, 2009 01:06 pm
@PhilosophyForum,
I like to give myself titles, and I have a penchant for top hats. It was either ringmaster or gentryman, so here I am.

Persona phil

Reply Tue 25 Aug, 2009 08:42 pm
@PhilosophyForum,
Hmm...

It's been a while. If my rusty memory serves true, I believe it was a combination of a old display picture I had(in which a variety of images were rapidly spun at the viewer over and over), my fascination with the symbolic nature of masks, and the different aspects I, and everyone else, hold.

Twistedgypsychil

Reply Thu 27 Aug, 2009 05:23 pm
@PhilosophyForum,
Twisted: Some may say that my views are twisted.

Gypsy: I am nearly 100 percent Bohemian

Chil: I began philosophizing when I was a child.

Blaidd Drwg

Reply Tue 1 Sep, 2009 04:03 am
@PhilosophyForum,
Doctor Who fangirl, needless to say Smile.

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/25/2024 at 03:22:28