How did you get your name?

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

captn sensible

Reply Mon 4 May, 2009 11:27 pm
@PhilosophyForum,
I chose my name because I want sensible unbigoted/ unbiassed answers on science vs spirituality topics.
:brickwall:

Philly CS

Reply Mon 11 May, 2009 08:45 am
@PhilosophyForum,
My Name: Philly_CS has a long history behind it, it has been in use since the Tung Dynasty in China......
...is what I'd like to say. But to be honest, Philly_CS just means Philly CheeseStake. Called as a joke nickname by a great friend of mine. Most just calls me Phil, but that guy has a great sense of humor.
Very Happy

chad3006

Reply Mon 11 May, 2009 10:28 am
@PhilosophyForum,
Mine's a forum name I've used for years. It's my first name plus the caliber of my favorite rifle (pronounced "thirty ought six.") I'm really not a gun fanatic, but I do enjoy target shooting though.

Yogi DMT

Reply Mon 11 May, 2009 02:21 pm
@PhilosophyForum,
Yogi DMT is a phrase used in the lyrics of Rosetta Stoned by the band Tool. It is a clever play of words where as DMT is drug, DM is the hallucinogenic subtance (Dimethyltryptamine). Yogi tea ("T") is a certain type of tea that associates with yoga, the basic message being that the tea is a claming drink to ease the mind. Im not going to go too much into the lyrics of the song but if you want check it out and maybe you can found out what it's purpose in the song is.

Lost phil

Reply Mon 18 May, 2009 12:31 am
@PhilosophyForum,
I am sure most people will think my name is in reference to the show. Those people would only be partially correct. I am a fan of the show however my name is more of a description of myself. I believe we are all lost. We communicate through a language we created about things we created. We believe in ideas that we in effect turn into reality out of desperation for something. A clue, a sign, direction maybe? Anyone who is content with the knowledge they currently hold is just as lost as the person seeking more. However, whenever and wherever we are we are all lost.:perplexed:

jaffabeast

Reply Wed 20 May, 2009 07:26 pm
@PhilosophyForum,
I got my name through a combination of my surname and my nature of being a bit of a (gentle) beast on things like food, drink etc..

Rumoroo

Reply Wed 27 May, 2009 06:58 pm
@PhilosophyForum,
Ya I just realized my name is totally boring lol! Rumoroo is just a misinterpretation of some lyrics. Ya, I sang along to this song and said "Rumoroo" until my friend corrected me and continued to call me "Ru". It became my handle for everything because its never taken! MWAHAHA!!

---------- Post added at 08:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:58 PM ----------

ClaudeA;58817 wrote:
Fascinating question!

I was given my deceased infant uncle his name.

That's my story! :detective:

He would be your cousin!

nebachadneza

Reply Fri 29 May, 2009 11:09 pm
@PhilosophyForum,
my name is derived from a line of ancient kings of Babylonia, i.e. Nebuchadnezzar ( 4 kings i believe), so i tweaked it and it used it as my rap name/online alias/tagging name. I sometimes call myself nebachadneza the 5th, for i would be the 5th, that and i am born on november the 5th. Well the major reason is the spelling, my name is chad and it has it in the center. Everyone calls me neba for short. I first heard about the name when i was in 2nd grade learning about the hanging gardens and loved it cause it had chad in it lol Razz

Majic

Reply Sat 30 May, 2009 06:30 am
@nebachadneza,
Great name, Chad. Well thought out.
Majic

Lily

Reply Sat 30 May, 2009 08:08 am
@PhilosophyForum,
I'm named Lily because I'm as sweet as a flower:flowers: and I can be toxic to cats:lol:

juri006

Reply Wed 3 Jun, 2009 06:10 am
@PhilosophyForum,
I got my name from Iuricius which poped into my mind like something cool and mythical when I was about 15-16 in highschool... I used it in LAN party gaming, forums and so, and over the years it got reduced to juri (Iuri...). And 006 I got I think accedentaly, although I liked number 66 (so it like fills these two zeroes) and possiby it was cool because of reference on James Bond. And now juri006 is as opposite to bond007 and so opposite to something official, usual... so, that's it! Smile

Nameless 23232

Reply Sat 6 Jun, 2009 01:22 pm
@PhilosophyForum,
I tried hard to come up with something but I was caught amidst a cloud of cliches, so I resorted to this.

Ahhhhhz

Reply Sat 20 Jun, 2009 08:44 am
@PhilosophyForum,
Hello everyone. I picked my name a few years ago when I joined another web forum and a new email address. I am from Kansas, but "Oz" was naturally taken already. I needed to have at least seven characters for the website registration, and I have found that many peoples' reactions to me come in the form of "ahhh," as do many of my reactions to life (physical, mental, and spiritual). So, "Ahhhhhz" is the plural gamut of "ahhh"--from A to Z, in seven characters.

Thanatos phil

Reply Tue 23 Jun, 2009 09:08 pm
@PhilosophyForum,
Thanatos: Brother of Hypnos, the spirit of sleep, and son of Nyx, goddess of night. He is the daimon of peaceful death.

FireWalkWithMe

Reply Sat 27 Jun, 2009 01:33 pm
@PhilosophyForum,
My username comes from a David Lynch film called Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me

That subtitle really stuck with me. Someone mistaked it to mean:

Firewalk with me. But I think it was meant like this, or at least this is how I took it:

Fire, walk with me.

The latter is more haunting.

Imnotrussian

Reply Sat 4 Jul, 2009 06:01 pm
@PhilosophyForum,
My name Imnotrussian came from when i was little (like 11) i was in an airport and the guard stopped me to tell me i dropped my wallet and that was the first thing that left my mouth

FireWalkWithMe

Reply Sat 4 Jul, 2009 07:20 pm
@PhilosophyForum,
LOL!! Did he say it in Russian or something? If not, that is so random. hehe :p

Imnotrussian

Reply Sat 4 Jul, 2009 07:24 pm
@PhilosophyForum,
lol i was 11 i just put my hands up, the guy was huge. i stand by my decision lol

Alan McDougall

Reply Sun 5 Jul, 2009 12:59 am
@PhilosophyForum,
There is an odd thing about naming objects, take the Titanic ocean liner and the Challenger spaceshuttle, both seem to have challenged fate and paid the consequences fore it

Bonzodog

Reply Sun 5 Jul, 2009 03:31 am
@PhilosophyForum,
I got my name from the 60s band, Bonzodogdoodaband. I loved their song, "I'm the urban spaceman baby, I've got speed"....well it sounded good at the time!:bigsmile:

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/26/2024 at 04:31:25