Woman being stoned to death Islam Explain

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Adam979

Reply Tue 6 Apr, 2010 04:59 pm
@Dave Allen,
Funnily enough, sorry to bump this back up, that 1st picture was a fake as well. I only found out 10 minutes ago.

It is from a movie (obviously not a mainstream one) produced by a bloke called Mahnaz Tamizi.

The movie was released in the Netherlands (wink wink) as is called, The stone (2004).

I wanted to share this with you guys as I was terribly affected by that image and I can distinctly remember being haunted at night by her eyes for a while. Which incidently annoys me a lot.

Well anyway I suppose certain Zionistically inclined folk are feeling extremely smug since millions and millions of people likely felt the same feelings as me, I've already seen "Aww but" arguments popping up already lol.

Just thought I'd share my thoughts and let folk know that bloody woman is fine and dandy.:sarcastic:

(Not to excuse Iran at all, an evil dictatorship is what it is).

---------- Post added 04-06-2010 at 06:02 PM ----------

Embarrassed apologies if this is old news for you guys.

I just found it a massive relief so thought I'd share after typing it into google.

Alan McDougall

Reply Tue 6 Apr, 2010 11:31 pm
@Adam979,
Adam979;148936 wrote:
Funnily enough, sorry to bump this back up, that 1st picture was a fake as well. I only found out 10 minutes ago.

It is from a movie (obviously not a mainstream one) produced by a bloke called Mahnaz Tamizi.

The movie was released in the Netherlands (wink wink) as is called, The stone (2004).

I wanted to share this with you guys as I was terribly affected by that image and I can distinctly remember being haunted at night by her eyes for a while. Which incidently annoys me a lot.

Well anyway I suppose certain Zionistically inclined folk are feeling extremely smug since millions and millions of people likely felt the same feelings as me, I've already seen "Aww but" arguments popping up already lol.

Just thought I'd share my thoughts and let folk know that bloody woman is fine and dandy.:sarcastic:

I just found it a massive relief so thought I'd share after typing it into google.

Could you please give us a link to your information!!

salima

Reply Wed 7 Apr, 2010 04:07 am
@Alan McDougall,
I have been reading page after page of this thread, all the way to the 15th, hoping I would come up with a meaningful, respectful, uncompromising comment...then it occurred to me it really isnt necessary.

It is a fact that horrible things, including stoning or any acts of depravity one can imagine, are being done to people all over the world by other people of all religions. No one has a monopoly on atrocity. It is a fact that Muslims do not all agree and may attack each other as a result of their arguments. But if I want the accusations against Islam from the rest of the world to stop, it would make more sense to stop Muslims from doing the things that make them targets for these kind of accusations.

So instead of trying to explain to someone on a philosophy forum what are the laws in Islam and why some Muslims have misinterpretted them and why some Muslims are exploiting others etc etc ad nauseum, I think I should be going to an extremist site where Muslims believe and do unislamic things and explain it to them. It is very true that the silent, sensible and responsible majority of Muslims do need to take a stand and speak their minds-but there is a time and a place to do it and it must be said to the people who have it in their power to make a change. A religious forum is the place for these kind of discussions. Philosophy is philosophy and it can easily be discussed without referencing religion.

It is an obligation for me to correct my brothers and sisters when I believe they are in the wrong, so I will be spending some time on other forums too; maybe we will meet up there.

xris

Reply Wed 7 Apr, 2010 05:42 am
@salima,
I wish you luck , you wont be alone. I was on two for five years before eventually getting banned. Be careful one wrong move and your out. I made many good Muslim friends there despite our differences.

Adam979

Reply Wed 7 Apr, 2010 05:58 am
@xris,
Google the director/movie? Thought Philosophy forum folk would be more independent!

xris

Reply Wed 7 Apr, 2010 06:22 am
@Adam979,
Adam979;149188 wrote:
Google the director/movie? Thought Philosophy forum folk would be more independent!
Is it that important when you can easily find videos of actual stonings or public executions, hangings.

Night Ripper

Reply Wed 7 Apr, 2010 08:37 am
@Alan McDougall,
Alan McDougall;133939 wrote:
The point is; Christians and Jews do not do these appalling things anymore.

Yet, the words in the Bible have not changed, words demanding the lives of others, words showing a lack of foresight, words that can tear families apart.

It is the world that has changed, opening up to new ideas, new lifestyles, new modes of expression. Secularism has changed your religion, removing the thorns, polishing the rough edges, making it less harmful. The same kind of broad secularism has yet to spread to many Islamic communities.

xris

Reply Wed 7 Apr, 2010 08:46 am
@Night Ripper,
Night Ripper;149206 wrote:
Yet, the words in the Bible have not changed, words demanding the lives of others, words showing a lack of foresight, words that can tear families apart.

It is the world that has changed, opening up to new ideas, new lifestyles, new modes of expression. Secularism has changed your religion, removing the thorns, polishing the rough edges, making it less harmful. The same kind of broad secularism has yet to spread to many Islamic communities.
If we dont point out these failings they will continue. For many fundamentalists you can not water down the laws of god. Its not the sharia we are pointing out its the examples. It needs be told not pushed aside for fear of offending.

polpol

Reply Wed 7 Apr, 2010 12:35 pm
@salima,
If you don't know them, check out twocircles.net. As you know, things are tough for muslims in India or should I say for Indians in general who are in a "sleeping with the ennemy" situation. Not only is there Islam bashing from westerners but muslims have to deal with Hindu extremism not to mention the Taliban who are not helping and now there's the Maoists whom I see as the biggest threat for India. With all that communal hatred going on since Independence, it is truly heart warming to see how some muslims and Hindu have stood up for each other and still do. As a friend of mine said, poverty is the root cause of all this violence, not religion.

---------- Post added 04-07-2010 at 02:39 PM ----------

In case it's not clear Salima, my preveous comment is for you. What part of India are you from?

salima

Reply Wed 7 Apr, 2010 06:15 pm
@polpol,
polpol;149282 wrote:
If you don't know them, check out twocircles.net. As you know, things are tough for muslims in India or should I say for Indians in general who are in a "sleeping with the ennemy" situation. Not only is there Islam bashing from westerners but muslims have to deal with Hindu extremism not to mention the Taliban who are not helping and now there's the Maoists whom I see as the biggest threat for India. With all that communal hatred going on since Independence, it is truly heart warming to see how some muslims and Hindu have stood up for each other and still do. As a friend of mine said, poverty is the root cause of all this violence, not religion.

---------- Post added 04-07-2010 at 02:39 PM ----------

In case it's not clear Salima, my preveous comment is for you. What part of India are you from?

i dont really know what part of india i am from, but i am living in mp.

i would say it is ignorance rather than poverty that is to blame. people choose to blame religion for a lot of ills, but i also dont see that as the reason-i would say it is an excuse rather than a reason. if there were no religions, people would find another excuse to fear each other. so sad...

Adam979

Reply Thu 8 Apr, 2010 09:07 am
@xris,
xris;149195 wrote:
Is it that important when you can easily find videos of actual stonings or public executions, hangings.

Yes but that was not the issue here. Although it is an utterly terrible occurence and I do not want to be seen as an apologist for that practice or for that dictatorship, I'd presume it doesn't happen as often as certain folk would have us believe.

My issue here is that this was pretty much "Zionist" propaganda, and it succeeded in fooling millions of people. Surely you agree a lie is a lie. The reasons for spreading that picture were never noble.

Not to mention this picture has shown up everywhere, such as say on a Palestinian solidarity rally in Trafalgar Square, guess what picture was being waved around by the Israeli (and EDL) support? Of course Palestinians are no different from Iraninans right??

Hmm Xris your track record is a bit dubious on this forum. Wonder if I should even encourage you by replying...

Alan McDougall

Reply Thu 8 Apr, 2010 09:22 am
@Adam979,
Adam979;149583 wrote:
Yes but that was not the issue here. Although it is an utterly terrible occurence and I do not want to be seen as an apologist for that practice or for that dictatorship, I'd presume it doesn't happen as often as certain folk would have us believe.

My issue here is that this was pretty much "Zionist" propaganda, and it succeeded in fooling millions of people. Surely you agree a lie is a lie. The reasons for spreading that picture were never noble.

Not to mention this picture has shown up everywhere, such as say on a Palestinian solidarity rally in Trafalgar Square, guess what picture was being waved around by the Israeli (and EDL) support? Of course Palestinians are no different from Iraninans right??

Hmm Xris your track record is a bit dubious on this forum. Wonder if I should even encourage you by replying...

You comment on xris;s track record after only three posts??. xris is an excellent, valued incisive informative contributer to this forum and his absence for whatever reason would serious affect the quality of dialog in this forum

xris

Reply Thu 8 Apr, 2010 09:27 am
@Adam979,
Adam979;149583 wrote:

Do what you like , it wont effect my reasoning. If you want to oppose me, I wont be rude, its your opportunity to confront what you suppose or assume I am. I dont agree in propaganda and it was a failure to post these photos. I dont go in for dramatics but stoning does occur and I think in the 21c we should be angry that such events ever happen, even if not very often. How much more if we dont debate and raise the question?

I admit my dislike of religion is renowned but religion has caused much anguish with its power and influence, my protest is insignificant in comparison. I'm not for compromise, sorry...

Pepijn Sweep

Reply Thu 8 Apr, 2010 04:11 pm
@Adam979,
Adam979;148936 wrote:

What U mean Netherlands wink wink ?

:thats-enough:

Adam979

Reply Thu 8 Apr, 2010 04:28 pm
@Pepijn Sweep,
Err Geert Wilders and friends.....

However I didn't mean to insult the Netherlands in any way might I say lol.

xris

Reply Sat 10 Apr, 2010 06:21 am
@Adam979,
For those who think the excesses are not to be debated..Child bride, 13, dies of internal injuries four days after arranged marriage in Yemen | Mail Online For those who think Islam does not on occasions sanction such horrors. Should we ignore it, turn away from it? What is Islamophobia the fear of protesting about Islam, the fear of being accused of it or the actual disliking of the Muslim faith ?

Adam979

Reply Sat 10 Apr, 2010 09:36 am
@Alan McDougall,
Who really disagrees with debating when while animals are allowed to get away with that Xris, I presume that the only reason we are hearing about this is the fact that people there are not happy with it either.... They did try to ban it but hey those village mullahs who can't even read properly used religion to stifle any concerns... I'm in total agreement with you on this Xris, I don't see how it can ever be defended.

My issue only was say now some Zionist folk would fake pictures of that girl and wave it around in front of a Palestinian solidarity rally in Trafalgar square etc and use it for thei own grotty ends, I would not agree with that.... That is all my previous post was about.

I hope you did not think I am at all being an apologist for anything.

---------- Post added 04-10-2010 at 10:40 AM ----------

That said you'd be quite surprised at the amount of sexually active 13 year olds there are in our own countries these days.

Just a thought in no way do I want to move attention away from those vile individuals who use religion to condone such savagery.

xris

Reply Sat 10 Apr, 2010 10:41 am
@Adam979,
As I said I dont agree with unfounded propaganda by anyone but there appears almost a fear of reprisal if any Islamic excess is debated. There is almost as much propaganda against the idea of debating Islam as there is debating it. Just search Islamophobia and see the efforts being made to stifle the debate. I have tried to reason with this phenomena but it only makes me appear even more anti Muslim. I repeat I never get the same negative attitude when RC , christian fundamentalists or Mormons etc are called to answer for their scriptures or attitudes. I hate being branded with those who would positively discriminate against muslims. Its the new taboo that many fear to be associated with.

Alan McDougall

Reply Sun 11 Apr, 2010 06:02 pm
@xris,
xris;150270 wrote:
As I said I dont agree with unfounded propaganda by anyone but there appears almost a fear of reprisal if any Islamic excess is debated. There is almost as much propaganda against the idea of debating Islam as there is debating it. Just search Islamophobia and see the efforts being made to stifle the debate. I have tried to reason with this phenomena but it only makes me appear even more anti Muslim. I repeat I never get the same negative attitude when RC , christian fundamentalists or Mormons etc are called to answer for their scriptures or attitudes. I hate being branded with those who would positively discriminate against muslims. Its the new taboo that many fear to be associated with.

xris I could post more pictures of true Islamic brutality, but heck for that I would get into difficulty with the authorities

xris

Reply Mon 12 Apr, 2010 03:16 am
@Alan McDougall,
Alan McDougall;150634 wrote:
xris I could post more pictures of true Islamic brutality, but heck for that I would get into difficulty with the authorities
The problem is endemic in society it refuses to debate or even acknowledge there is problem. Comedians that find it easy to ridicule absolutely any thing and anyone, shy from the idea of making the same jokes about Islam. They fear for their lives and rightly so, I don't blame them but we must admit it hinders our freedom, this inability to debate a faith that is having more and more impact on our lives.

Its not what Islam tells us openly, its the bits they don't want to talk about, that concerns me. I appreciate your reasoning Alan but you can not trust many of the pictures you see displayed. Many are obviously true like the video of a stoning in Pakistan but I would not post a link here.Thanks Xris.

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.05 seconds on 07/26/2024 at 06:33:01