Berkeley's Treatise and Dialogues As It Is

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Extrain

Reply Thu 1 Apr, 2010 09:24 pm
@Humanity,
Humanity;147345 wrote:
I know a lot about the theory and principles of logic.

Liar. You don't even know the differnece between validity and truth.

Humanity;147345 wrote:
I am not very fluid on its practice as i do not focus on logic which is
the back-end of philosophy but rather more on the exploratory front end.

You don't know what philosophy is all about. You mean you make up your own rules about terms of discussion that no one can agree on except YOU.

Humanity;147345 wrote:
Analogically, i prefer to be the architect who comes up with innovative ideas and leave the logical aspects to the back-end technical draughtsman.

You must be in highschool, or never even went to highschool.

Humanity;147345 wrote:
Another example is the CEO who seek new business to ensure the survival of the organization and leave the more precise logical and technical to the back room boys of Admin, HR and finance.

But he didn't abandon Logic 101!

Humanity;147345 wrote:
I can see your boat have a jammed rudder and its going in circles.Very Happy

You mean you have a diseased tendency for psychological self-projection onto others.

Extrain

Reply Thu 1 Apr, 2010 09:28 pm
@Humanity,
Humanity;147352 wrote:
................................:sarcastic: Very Happy

You mean to say you're stoned.
:weed:

kennethamy

Reply Thu 1 Apr, 2010 09:33 pm
@Extrain,
Extrain;147349 wrote:
I'm not a college professor. I am still a graduate student.

And yes, I have been in academic heaven. But I haven't personally seen someone ever this stubborn after so many repeated failed attempts to get through to him.

Even in a classroom, a student who thought like this would immediately see his mistakes and continue to try to correct them.

We are not witnessing a person making mistakes and then wanting to correct those mistakes. We are witnessing stubborn ignorance.

I wasn't even this way at 15 years old. So there is no excuse. The causal factors at stake for this failure to learn are 3:

(1) Sloth
(2) Stubbornness
(3) Some kind of character disorder.

Or a combination of ignorance, and being in the grip of a theory which I suppose can be place under the heading of (2) although it is a stretch. But things are not improving, that is true. (It is easier to disparage something than to make the effort of learning about it.)

Humanity

Reply Thu 1 Apr, 2010 09:37 pm
@kennethamy,
I agree with these views on logic,

That logic should have been thus successful is an advantage which it owes entirely to its limitations, whereby it is justified in abstracting -- indeed, it is under obligation to do so -- from all objects of knowledge and their differences, leaving the understanding nothing to deal with save itself and its form.

Kant - Preface to 2nd Edition: Critique of Pure Reason

There is the idea that logical inference has a use as a tool for human survival, but that its existence does not support the existence of truth, nor does it have a reality beyond the instrumental: Logic, too, also rests on assumptions that do not correspond to anything in the real world.
Nietzsche, 1878, Human, All Too Human

---------- Post added 04-01-2010 at 10:46 PM ----------

kennethamy;147370 wrote:
Or a combination of ignorance, and being in the grip of a theory which I suppose can be place under the heading of (2) although it is a stretch. But things are not improving, that is true. (It is easier to disparage something than to make the effort of learning about it.)
What theory are you griping at?

There are two major camps in philosophy, i.e. philosophical realism and philosophical non-realism.
I am with the philosophical non-realists and their theories have been established thousands of years ago and is supported by modern physics and QM.
What i am discussing about is nothing new.

The main problem with philosophical realists is that they do not even respect nor understand how their own mind and self interact with reality
in which they are a part of.

Here's a comment from a philosophical non-realist about the
limitation of philosophical realism.

In his lecture "Mind and Matter,"

Extrain

Reply Thu 1 Apr, 2010 09:46 pm
@kennethamy,
kennethamy;147370 wrote:

Being in the grip of a theory, yes, that will make one stubborn.

But the widespread failure to be reasonable even after one has been proven to be mistaken an uncountable number of times, and then that person turning around and continually lying to you about his or her expertise in the area is a way of appealing to his or her own ignorance as the proper authority on matters--which is just irrational in itself after that alone has been demonstrated to be false too. But it starts up again, and continues over and over....

So, quite honestly, I don't know what is going on.

Again, we are witnessing the cognitive dissociation of the person from his or her own ability to reason. And worst of all, it's willfully and conscientiously chosen too. That's a human crime committed against one's own humanity, and it smells rotten to the core.

---------- Post added 04-01-2010 at 10:24 PM ----------

Humanity;147375 wrote:
I agree with these views on logic,

That logic should have been thus successful is an advantage which it owes entirely to its limitations, whereby it is justified in abstracting -- indeed, it is under obligation to do so -- from all objects of knowledge and their differences, leaving the understanding nothing to deal with save itself and its form.

Kant - Preface to 2nd Edition: Critique of Pure Reason

What exactly is this "VIEW ON LOGIC" are you allegedly referring to that KANT held???

CAN YOU TELL US EXACTLY WHAT KANT MEANS HERE??

Yeah, as if Kant were telling all of us we ought to be abandoning Logic 101 and all become simpletons:rolleyes: He wrote his own Logic textbook for his own students, buddy! You might try reading it sometime too. It's amazingly complex and difficult to read. And Kant repeatedly said the human mind's ability to think at all can only proceed Logically. It is the foundation of all Human Understanding! What do you think the Table of Judgments and the Table of Categories are for Kant?? They are the set of Logical principles at the foundation of all thinking, and a human being who is violating these rules is behaving against his or her own better judgment.

[QUOTE=Humanity;147375]There is the idea that logical inference has a use as a tool for human survival, but that its existence does not support the existence of truth, nor does it have a reality beyond the instrumental: Logic, too, also rests on assumptions that do not correspond to anything in the real world. Nietzsche, 1878, Human, All Too Human[/quote]
.....yeah, and Nietzsche went insane the last 10 years of his life too, in case you have forgotten.

"Everything is vague to a degree you do not realize till you have tried to make it precise."

Bertrand Russell

"The Philosophy of Logical Atomism"

Extrain

Reply Fri 2 Apr, 2010 12:17 am
@Humanity,
Humanity;147375 wrote:
What theory are you griping at?

There are two major camps in philosophy, i.e. philosophical realism and philosophical non-realism.

No, there are not "two main camps in philosophy"!! Stop making things up!

Humanity;147375 wrote:
I am with the philosophical non-realists and their theories have been established thousands of years ago

THE THEORY OF NON-REALISM HAS BEEN ESTABLISHED? REALLY? WHO ESTABLISHED IT? WHAT DOES THAT THEORY HAVE TO SAY?

Humanity;147375 wrote:
and is supported by modern physics and QM.

WOW! THIS """"""THEORY"""""" IS EVEN SUPPORTED BY MODERN PHYSICS AND QUANTUM MECHANICS? HOW SO? CAN YOU EXPLAIN TO US HOW IT IS SUPPORTED?

SO EINTSTEIN, HEISENBURG, SCHRODINGER, ROGER PENROSE, AND STEPHEN HAWKING ARE ARE ALL NON-REALISTS?

YOU HAVEN'T THE SLIGHTEST CLUE WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT. STOP MAKING THINGS UP. YOU NEED TO EXPLAIN WHAT YOU MEAN.

STOP SAYING THAT "QUANTUM MECHANICS AND PHYSICS AGREE WITH ME THAT NON-REALISM IS TRUE"

THIS IS PATENTLY FALSE . Most Physicists themselves actually DISAGREE WITH YOU.

IN FACT, THE CONSENSUS IS THE EXACT OPPOSITE. MOST MAIN STREAM PHYSICISTS ARE MATERIAL REALISTS.

Humanity;147375 wrote:
What i am discussing about is nothing new.

Your failure to explain how modern science supports your theory is certainly new, that's for sure. iI do know what you are talking about though. You are referring to what you've seen in movies like WHAT THE BLEEP DO WE KNOW. But did you know that movie is highly edited to get across a religious purpose, not to mention the fact that all those scientists in that movie were either specifically chosen for that purpose to advance a religious Ideology and not to tell you what mainstrean physicists actually think? And did you know that half of those people in that movie complained that they were misrepresented by the movie after they watched it themselves???

IN FACT, THE CONSENSUS SEEMS TO BE THAT MOST PHYSICISTS SAY YOUR SO-CALLED MIND OVER MATTER NON-REALISM IS NOT SUPPORTED AT ALL BY PHYSICS, BUT IS JUST A HOGWASH FANTASY INVENTED BY NEW-AGEY KOOKS WHO CONSISTENTLY ABUSE THE RESULTS OF SCIENCE.

...JUST LIKE I AM ACCUSING YOU OF CONSISTENTLY ABUSING PHILOSOPHY.

Humanity;147375 wrote:
The main problem with philosophical realists is that they do not even respect nor understand how their own mind and self interact with reality in which they are a part of.

oh really? What about this do we not understand?

Humanity;147375 wrote:
The Here's a comment from a philosophical non-realist about the limitation of philosophical realism.

In his lecture "Mind and Matter,"

HOW DOES THIS SUPPORT NON-REALISM OR IDEALISM AT ALL???

Humanity

Reply Fri 2 Apr, 2010 12:31 am
@Extrain,
Thus, to sum up our discussion of the value of philosophy;
Philosophy is to be studied, not for the sake of any definite answers
to its questions since no definite answers can, as a rule, be known to be
true, but rather for the sake of the questions themselves;
because these questions enlarge our conception of what is possible,
enrich our intellectual imagination and diminish the dogmatic
assurance which closes the mind against speculation;
but above all because, through the greatness of the universe which
philosophy contemplates, the mind also is rendered great, and
becomes capable of that union with the universe which constitutes its highest good.
Bertrand Russell - Problems of Philosophy

I hope I have contributed my part to philosophy on at least,
i.e. for the sake of questions themselves rather than definite answers.

Extrain

Reply Fri 2 Apr, 2010 12:43 am
@Humanity,
Humanity;147429 wrote:
Thus, to sum up our discussion of the value of philosophy;
Philosophy is to be studied, not for the sake of any definite answers to its questions since no definite answers can, as a rule, be known to be true, but rather for the sake of the questions themselves;
because these questions enlarge our conception of what is possible, enrich our intellectual imagination and diminish the dogmatic assurance which closes the mind against speculation;
but above all because, through the greatness of the universe which philosophy contemplates, the mind also is rendered great, and becomes capable of that union with the universe which constitutes its highest good.
Bertrand Russell - Problems of Philosophy

I hope I have contributed my part to philosophy on at
least for the sake of questions themselves rather than definite answers.

YOU VIOLATED EVERYTHING RUSSELL SAID HERE about WHAT A PHILOSOPHER ACTUALLY DOES.

(1) You haven't EXPLORED anyquestions, you've ANSWERED all of them with your own IDEOLOGY by ABUSING EVERY PHILOSOPHER ON THE TABLE, while accusing everyone of being mistaken who disagreed with you without telling anyone why they were mistaken. Because of this, you've failed to

(2) Actually listen to what others had to say,

And as Russell says,

(2) "enlarge your own conception of what is possible, enrich your own intellectual imagination and diminish your own dogmatic assurance which closes your own mind against speculation

So you've also failed to see how,

(3) the greatness of the universe which philosophy contemplates...and the mind [REASON] [which contemplates that universe]....becomes capable of that union with the universe which constitutes its highest good [by ABANDONING YOUR VERY OWN REASON]

THIS UNION IS EXACTLY WHAT KANT WAS AFTER, THE VERY SAME PERSON WHOM YOU CONSISTENTLY ABUSED

Humanity

Reply Fri 2 Apr, 2010 01:08 am
@Extrain,
Extrain;147431 wrote:
YOU VIOLATED EVERYTHING RUSSELL SAID HERE about WHAT A PHILOSOPHER ACTUALLY DOES.

(1) You haven't EXPLORED anyquestions, you've ANSWERED all of them with your own IDEOLOGY by ABUSING EVERY PHILOSOPHER ON THE TABLE, while accusing everyone of being mistaken who disagreed with you without telling anyone why they were mistaken. Because of this, you've failed to

(2) Actually listen to what others had to say,

And as Russell says,

(2) "enlarge your own conception of what is possible, enrich your own intellectual imagination and diminish your own dogmatic assurance which closes your own mind against speculation

So you've also failed to see how,

(3) the greatness of the universe which philosophy contemplates...and the mind [REASON] [which contemplates that universe]....becomes capable of that union with the universe which constitutes its highest good [by ABANDONING YOUR VERY OWN REASON]

THIS UNION IS EXACTLY WHAT KANT WAS AFTER, THE VERY SAME PERSON WHOM YOU CONSISTENTLY ABUSED
By normal conventional rules, the poster should address the philosophical issues and not attacking the person who post.
It is not difficult for me to harass and counter every line of your posts whereever you post in this forum if I want to do so.
However I have made it a point to abide by the rules, with some exceptions when only after i have been goaded to do so.
I have reported this to the moderator and I hope they will take action accordingly.

Here's a reference to the forum rules;
Be Polite! - Do not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-orientated, hateful, threatening or otherwise in violation of any laws. Be courteous! Debate and heated discussions are OK, however posting rude, attacking, insulting, profane and otherwise damaging comments are not allowed and may result in the permanent termination of your account.

Be respectful of others' opinions and points of view. It's impossible to understand how another one views something unless you've walked a mile in his or her shoes. Treat others how you would want others to treat you.

Dont Attack - We welcome you to criticize the idea or message however
we ask that you refrain from criticizing or attacking the individual.

Extrain

Reply Fri 2 Apr, 2010 01:47 am
@Humanity,
Humanity;147439 wrote:
By normal conventional rules, the poster should addressed the philosophical issues and not the person who post.

By normal conventional rules, the poster should address "Berkeley's Treatise and Dialogues As It Is"--not how Russell saw the philosopher's work to be done

Humanity;147439 wrote:
It is not difficult for me to harass and counter every line of your posts whereever you post in this forum if I want to do so.

It is not hard for me to condem your abused plagiarism of other's ideas.

Humanity;147439 wrote:
However I have made it a point to abide by the rules, with some exceptions when only after i have been goaded to do so.

I find it ironic that you never actually tried to practice any philosophy in a philosophy forum at all. You have just abused it while refusing to use your own reason.

The rest of us started practicing philosophy with respect to Berkeley's Dialogues, but you came in and started being dogmatic that your own interpretation of Berkeley's ideas were correct and everyone else's were incorrect, without actually listening to what others had to say about Berkeley's very own ideas. And you've been accused many times by others (not just by me) for dismissing everything others had to say about Berkeley if it disagreed with your own false reading of him.

So NONE OF US EVEN HAD A CHANCE TO SAY ANYTHING ABOUT BERKELEY THAT WASN'T GOING TO BE DISMISSED BY YOU WITHOUT REASON OR ARGUMENT. We've been sitting ducks having to perform apologetics, in order to DEFEND WHAT PHILOSOPHERS ACTUALLY WERE SAYING FROM YOUR CONSISTENT ABUSE OF THEM. SO THE DISCUSSION NEVER EVEN GOT OFF THE GROUND. THAT'S NO ONE'S FAULT BUT YOUR OWN.

Humanity;147439 wrote:
I have reported this to the moderator and I hope they will take action accordingly.

Believe me, I have already made a formal case against you to the moderator for your following actions.

(1) name-calling.
(2) plagiarism
(3) false belittling of others views.
(4) abuse of public information.
(5) widepsread and flagrant interruption of intelligent discussions with the explicit intent to confuse others with misleading information.
(6) your consistent and non-stop lying about your own expertise in these matters as being a proper authority on the subject with the explicit intent to deceive other people.
(7) your consistent failure to abide by reasonable norms of discourse by attacking others views without reason while persistently misrepresenting others' ideas to other people on the forum.
(8) your consistent abuse of what the forum website represents as a whole

I can't wait for that new feature that is coming out where you can vote on someone's posts if they consistently misuse philosophy, and that if the person gets enough *marks* against him, he is automically shut down.

Humanity

Reply Fri 2 Apr, 2010 01:57 am
@Extrain,
Extrain;147445 wrote:
By normal conventional rules, the poster should address "Berkeley's Treatise and Dialogues As It Is"--not how Russell saw the philosopher's work to be done

It is not hard for me to condem your abused plagiarism of other's ideas.

I find it ironic that you never actually tried to practice any philosophy in a philosophy forum at all. You have just abused it while refusing to use your own reason.

The rest of us started practicing philosophy with respect to Berkeley's Dialogues, but you came in and started being dogmatic that your own interpretation of Berkeley's ideas were correct and everyone else's were incorrect, without actually listening to what others had to say about Berkeley's very own ideas. And you've been accused many times by others (not just by me) for dismissing everything others had to say about Berkeley if it disagreed with your own false reading of him.

So NONE OF US EVEN HAD A CHANCE TO SAY ANYTHING ABOUT BERKELEY THAT WASN'T GOING TO BE DISMISSED BY YOU WITHOUT REASON OR ARGUMENT. We've been sitting ducks having to perform apologetics, in order to DEFEND WHAT PHILOSOPHERS ACTUALLY WERE SAYING FROM YOUR CONSISTENT ABUSE OF THEM. SO THE DISCUSSION NEVER EVEN GOT OFF THE GROUND. THAT'S NO ONE'S FAULT BUT YOUR OWN.

Believe me, I have already made a formal case against you to the moderator for your following actions.

(1) name-calling.
(2) plagiarism
(3) false belittling of others views.
(4) abuse of public information.
(5) widepsread and flagrant interruption of intelligent discussions with the explicit intent to confuse others with misleading information.
(6) your consistent and non-stop lying about your own expertise in these matters as being a proper authority on the subject with the explicit intent to deceive other people.
(7) your abuse of philosopy as a whole

I can't wait for that new feature that is coming out where you can vote on someone's posts if they consistently misuse philosophy, and that if the person gets enough *marks* against him, he is automically shut down.
For 2 -7 most of it are related to expressing an opinion.
In contrast, note the mountains of personal attacks and insults on my posts.
I will accept any penalties from the moderator if I am guilty as charged
and make an effort to avoid them in future posts.

On hindsight, i think it was my bad luck to have encountered a person with strong views on academic philosophy.
In future i keep a long distance whenever anyone declare themselves or have strong views of the academia.

Btw, very early on i suggested you cut off the sniping.
Despite that you carried on.
Subsequently i told i do not want to communicate directly with any more.
Despite that you just continue to harass my posts with personal attacks
and insults.
You self declared that you are condescending to posters for whatever
reasons.
If this is a murder case, who is reek with obvious intent.

All I did was express opinions.
I am sure there are tons of opinions which are worse than mine in
this forum but nobody would bother other than to ignore them.
But for whatever reason, you chose to stalk.

I should read this earlier and avoided all the harassments and insults.
The Proceedings of the Friesian School

Quote:

The peer-review system of publication, while helping to maintain scholarly standards, also serves to screen out innovation and dissent and to promote doctrinal uniformity and a self-referential scholasticism -- the stigmata of academia becoming a rent-seeking bureaucracy. This sort of stagnation was evident in the circumstance that few early modern philosophers were academics. Now the academy has ossified again. As Charles J. Sykes says:
[INDENT]Unread and unreadable, the product of the professoriate is seldom intended to expand the horizons of human knowledge as much as to keep the academic machine running smoothly, the journals filled, the libraries well-stocked, the resumes bulging, and the grants awarded. Volume rather than insight is what counts, and conformity rather than originality is rewarded. [Profscam: Professors and the Demise of Higher Education, St. Martin's Griffin, 1988, p. 104]
[/INDENT]Academic philosophers thus may not be very interested in the project of the Friesian School, any more than the theologians of Paris were interested in Descartes; but it remains to be seen if the works of contemporary academic philosophy are ever noted or remembered after or outside the incestuous community, the opaque, Hermetic references, and the impenetrable jargon of philosophy departments, clubby conferences, and the prestigious journals.
Quote:

The above is not my view, if you want to criticize the above, write to them.

Extrain

Reply Fri 2 Apr, 2010 02:42 am
@Humanity,
Humanity;147439 wrote:
Here's a reference to the forum rules;
Be Polite! - Do not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-orientated, hateful, threatening or otherwise in violation of any laws. Be courteous! Debate and heated discussions are OK, however posting rude, attacking, insulting, profane and otherwise damaging comments are not allowed and may result in the permanent termination of your account.

NO. YOU ARE HEARING THAT AS "BE POLICIALLY CORRECT."

BUT I WON'T! AND I'VE ALREADY COMPLAINED TO MODERATORS ABOUT YOUR CONSTANT COMPLAINING. YOU JUST DON'T WANT TO BE CHALLENGED WHEN YOU LIE TO OTHERS.

Humanity;147439 wrote:
For 2 -7 most of it are related to expressing an opinion.
In contrast, note the mountains of personal attacks and insults on my posts.I will accept any penalties from the moderator if I am guilty as charged and make an effort to avoid them in future posts.

NO. THIS ISN'T "JUST YOUR OPINION"

PERSISTENTLY MISREPRESENTING OTHERS' IDEAS PUBLICLY IS A FORM OF SCANDAL AND LYING AND AN ABUSE OF PUBLIC INFORMATION.

WHAT DO YOU THINK THIS FORUM RULE APPLIES TO??????

"Be respectful of others' opinions and points of view. It's impossible to understand how another one views something unless you've walked a mile in his or her shoes. Treat others how you would want others to treat you."

THAT APPLIES TO EVERYONE'S VIEWS, NOT JUST ON THE FORUM. YOU ARE CONSISTENTLY VIOLATING THIS RULE. IF YOU PERSISTENTLY LIE ABOUTWHAT SOMEONE SAID OUTSIDE THE FORUM WHILE CONSTANTLY PRESENTING THOSE LIES INSIDE THE FORUM, THEN YOU ARE IN BREACH OF THIS VERY RULE, ESPECIALLY IF YOU INSIST ON DOING IT ALL THE TIME.

AND I ALREADY HAVE A CAUSE AGAINST YOU THAT I INTEND ON EXPLORING UNTIL EITHER ONE OF TWO THINGS HAPPENS, EITHER

(1) they remove you from this forum altogether.
(2) SOMEBODY stops you from doing what you are doing.

NO ONE SHOULD HAVE TO TOLERATE WHAT YOU'VE BEEN DOING FROM THE START.

UNITL THEN, I WILL CONTINUE TO CRITICIZE YOUR ACTIONS OF PERSISTENTLY LYING, PRESENTING FALSE INFORMATION, ABUSING PUBLIC INFORMATION, AND WIDESPREAD MISREPRESENTATION OF OTHERS' VIEWS BOTH ON AND OFF THE FORUM.

Quote:
Dont Attack - We welcome you to criticize the idea or message however
we ask that you refrain from criticizing or attacking the individual.

I AM NOT ATTACKING THE PERSON!!! I AM ATTACKING YOUR LYING, YOUR MISREPRESENTING, AND ABUSE OF INFORMATION--THAT IS, YOUR FAILURE TO ABIDE THE FORUM RULES. AND THE CASE IS ALREADY IN MOTION.

Humanity

Reply Fri 2 Apr, 2010 02:57 am
@Extrain,
Extrain;147451 wrote:
NO. YOU ARE HEARING THAT AS "BE POLICIALLY CORRECT."

BUT I WON'T! AND I'VE ALREADY COMPLAINED TO MODERATORS ABOUT YOUR CONSTANT COMPLAINING. YOU JUST DON'T WANT TO BE CHALLENGED WHEN YOU LIE TO OTHERS.

NO. THIS ISN'T "JUST YOUR OPINION"

PERSISTENTLY MISREPRESENTING OTHERS' IDEAS PUBLICLY IS A FORM OF SCANDAL AND LYING AND AN ABUSE OF PUBLIC INFORMATION.

WHAT DO YOU THINK THIS FORUM RULE APPLIES TO??????

"Be respectful of others' opinions and points of view. It's impossible to understand how another one views something unless you've walked a mile in his or her shoes. Treat others how you would want others to treat you."

THAT APPLIES TO EVERYONE'S VIEWS, NOT JUST ON THE FORUM. YOU ARE CONSISTENTLY VIOLATING THIS RULE. IF YOU PERSISTENTLY LIE ABOUTWHAT SOMEONE SAID OUTSIDE THE FORUM WHILE CONSTANTLY PRESENTING THOSE LIES INSIDE THE FORUM, THEN YOU ARE IN BREACH OF THIS VERY RULE, ESPECIALLY IF YOU INSIST ON DOING IT ALL THE TIME.

AND I ALREADY HAVE A CAUSE AGAINST YOU THAT I INTEND ON EXPLORING UNTIL EITHER ONE OF TWO THINGS HAPPENS, EITHER

(1) they remove you from this forum altogether.
(2) SOMEBODY stops you from doing what you are doing.

NO ONE SHOULD HAVE TO TOLERATE WHAT YOU'VE BEEN DOING FROM THE START.

UNITL THEN, I WILL CONTINUE TO CRITICIZE YOUR ACTIONS OF PERSISTENTLY LYING, PRESENTING FALSE INFORMATION, ABUSING PUBLIC INFORMATION, AND WIDESPREAD MISREPRESENTATION OF OTHERS' VIEWS BOTH ON AND OFF THE FORUM.

I AM NOT ATTACKING THE PERSON!!! I AM ATTACKING YOUR LYING, YOUR MISREPRESENTING, AND ABUSE OF INFORMATION--THAT IS, YOUR FAILURE TO ABIDE THE FORUM RULES. AND THE CASE IS ALREADY IN MOTION.
From this bad encounter and experience with someone like you, I won't be around as long you are posting!
It wise to get away when the devil is around.

I think you are attacking me because i pointed out your errors after you claimed to be an expert on understanding Kant and Berkeley.
It is a question of sensitivity and loss of integrity.
Your other accusations against me are merely secondary.
The vitriols you threw at me are very extra-ordinary, like as if hell has broken loose.

Extrain

Reply Fri 2 Apr, 2010 03:11 am
@Humanity,
humanity wrote:
on hindsight, i think it was my bad luck to have encountered a person with strong views on academic philosophy.
In future i keep a long distance whenever anyone declare themselves or have strong views of the academia.

Again, you don't even know what my views are. Can you tell me what my "academic views" are?

You are now misrepresenting what I believe and don't believe, so how would you know? This is a violation of the forum rules. Don't you understand how that works?

TO THE MODERATOR: Humanity is saying i have strong views on academic philosophy when Humanity doesn't even know what my views are. HUMANITY WON'T STOP PRESUMING HE KNOWS WHAT OTHERS THINK, BOTH INSIDE AND OUTSIDE THE FORUM, AND ATTRIBUTES BELIEFS TO PEOPLE THEY DON'T ACTUALLY HOLD. HUMANITY ASLO CONTINUES TO ATTACK ANALYTIC PHILOSOPHERS AS A CLASS OF PEOPLE, AND ACADEMIA AS A WHOLE AS EVIDENCED IN THIS VERY POST, HERE. AND AS A RESULT OF REPEATEDLY DISMISSING MY VIEWS AS "TOO LOGICAL" HUMANITY HAS CONTINUED TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN STEERING THE CONVERSATION TO SUIT HIS PURPOSES BY INVENTING HIS OWN PERSONAL RULES OF DISCUSSION EVEYONE MUST FOLLOW--THEREBY ALWAYS CAUSING NUMEROUS INDIVIDUALS TO RESIGN THEIR OWN PARTICIPATION IN THE FORUM.

HUMANITY WON'T STOP MISREPRESENTING OTHERS EVEN AFTER MY PERSISTENT PLEAS THAT HUMANITY STOP.

HUMANITY'S COUNTLESS INFRACTIONS CONTINUE TO VIOLATE THIS FORUM RULE BOTH INSIDE AND OUTSIDE THE FORUM:"Be respectful of others' opinions and points of view. It's impossible to understand how another one views something unless you've walked a mile in his or her shoes. Treat others how you would want others to treat you."

Quote:
all i did was express opinions.
I am sure there are tons of opinions which are worse than mine in
this forum but nobody would bother other than to ignore them.
But for whatever reason, you chose to stalk.

What do you not understand here??

It is not your opinons about what other philosophers said. It is your lying about what they said.

Quote:
i should read this earlier and avoided all the harassments and insults.
the proceedings of the friesian school

the peer-review system of publication, while helping to maintain scholarly standards, also serves to screen out innovation and dissent and to promote doctrinal uniformity and a self-referential scholasticism -- the stigmata of academia becoming a rent-seeking bureaucracy. This sort of stagnation was evident in the circumstance that few early modern philosophers were academics. Now the academy has ossified again. As charles j. Sykes says:
[INDENT]unread and unreadable, the product of the professoriate is seldom intended to expand the horizons of human knowledge as much as to keep the academic machine running smoothly, the journals filled, the libraries well-stocked, the resumes bulging, and the grants awarded. volume rather than insight is what counts, and conformity rather than originality is rewarded. [profscam: Professors and the demise of higher education, st. Martin's griffin, 1988, p. 104]
[/INDENT]academic philosophers thus may not be very interested in the project of the friesian school, any more than the theologians of paris were interested in descartes; but it remains to be seen if the works of contemporary academic philosophy are ever noted or remembered after or outside the incestuous community, the opaque, hermetic references, and the impenetrable jargon of philosophy departments, clubby conferences, and the prestigious journals.

The above is not my view, if you want to criticize the above, write to them.

TO THE MODERATOR: HERE, Humanity is MISREPRESENTING MY VIEWS, ATTACKING my PROFESSION AS A WHOLE, NOT RESPECTING MY OWN BELIEFS, and ATTRIBUTING BELIEFS TO ME I DON'T ACTUALLY POSSESS, by PLAGIARIZING and ABUSING ONLINE information.

I NEVER SAID, PROPOSED, or IMPLIED any of the content of the above passage ANYWHERE in this forum.

HUMANITY CONSISTENTLY DOES THIS TO EVERYONE AND REFUSES TO ABIDE BY THE RULES OF SENSIBLE FAIR, AND CHARITABLE DISCOURSE.

AGAIN, HUMANITY CONSISTENTLY ATTACKS ANALYTIC PHILOSOPHERS AS A CLASS OF PEOPLE, AND DISMISSES THE UNIVERSITY-SYSTEM AS A WHOLE--I HAPPEN TO BE ONE OF THOSE PEOPLE. IT IS BOTH MY LIFE AND MY PROFESSION.

HUMANITY'S ONLY AVAILABLE APPROACH to FORUM DISCUSSION consists of EMPLOYING these methods of PUBLIC SCANDAL, DISSEMINATING FALSE INFORMATION, LYING ABOUT WHAT OTHERS THINK AND BELIEVE, and PERSONALLY ATTACKING OTHERS COUCHED EITHER IN DIRECT ABUSE OF PUBLIC INFORMATION OR IN DOWNRIGHT PLAGIARISM OF OTHERS' VIEWS.

THIS IS DECEPTIVE, DISHONEST, IRRESPONSIBLE, AND COMPLETELY DISRESPECTFUL OF EVERYONE'S VIEWS BOTH INSIDE AND OUTSIDE THE FORUM. HUMANITY'S METHODS ARE DESIGNED TO STEER INTELLIGENT CONVERSATION AWAY FROM RELEVANCE AND TRUTH IN ORDER TO SUIT HUMANITY'S PURPOSES.

I HAVE TOLD HUMANITY COUNTLESS TIMES TO STOP DOING THIS, BUT HUMANITY REFUSES TO STOP.

Theaetetus

Reply Fri 2 Apr, 2010 06:14 am
@Humanity,
This thread is now closed since it has long moved away from it original intent--whatever that may be.

jgweed

Reply Fri 2 Apr, 2010 08:27 am
@Humanity,
Alas! What could have been an excellent dialogue that concentrated on the texts and the articulation of two different philosophical positions---or at least the validity of differing interpretations of the two philosophers---became instead involved in personalities, untoward remarks, and name-calling none of which is identified with philosophical discourse.
When appropriately spirited debate, especially when individuals actually take the matter seriously and consider the subject vitally important, degenerates into a street brawl, then neither the community nor the participants benefit.
John
Administrator

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/18/2024 at 01:48:18