Is there equality?

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

ddancom

Reply Fri 27 Mar, 2009 08:12 pm
@manored,
manored wrote:

Dont try to argue with MJA, he will pretend he didnt listen any good points you might have made and say the same thing again in a different way.

Haha, I see that now.

doc phil

Reply Sat 28 Mar, 2009 07:57 am
@manored,
Manored, I see the "can't be perfect' statement as equal to MJA's fixation. I do not believe in the concept of perfect - how can we project a state we have no idea about. But absolution is still absolution.

The closest absolution I can make (indeed, feel I must make) is that, true independent thought can only occur once one commits to prioritising the provision of the baseline to all. Caroline, Marx excludes the oppressor in his plan. The oppressor is probably more in need, lost wise, than anyone. Inclusion!

As for MJA's claim that he has found a universal truth. I agree with him. What he has identified is constant. It has minimal value, minimal guidance and not much meaning. But it does remind us, causality. What we do has effects. But I would have concern for MJA, in his fixation. Perhaps, if there is a universal truth (i.e. something that enables greater understanding of both sides of the equation), it would lead to a greater search, more relevant questions and the ability to engage others fearlessly.

Doc

MJA

Reply Sat 28 Mar, 2009 09:44 am
@doc phil,
doc wrote:
Manored, I see the "can't be perfect' statement as equal to MJA's fixation. I do not believe in the concept of perfect - how can we project a state we have no idea about. But absolution is still absolution.

The closest absolution I can make (indeed, feel I must make) is that, true independent thought can only occur once one commits to prioritising the provision of the baseline to all. Caroline, Marx excludes the oppressor in his plan. The oppressor is probably more in need, lost wise, than anyone. Inclusion!

As for MJA's claim that he has found a universal truth. I agree with him. What he has identified is constant. It has minimal value, minimal guidance and not much meaning. But it does remind us, causality. What we do has effects. But I would have concern for MJA, in his fixation. Perhaps, if there is a universal truth (i.e. something that enables greater understanding of both sides of the equation), it would lead to a greater search, more relevant questions and the ability to engage others fearlessly.

Doc

It seems that my work on equality rubs many here the wrong Way. Just a suggestion: if your One of those, turn around and equal will be the right Way for you too.

"As for MJA's claim that he has found a universal truth. I agree with him. What he has identified is constant."

Thanks Doc.

"It has minimal value, minimal guidance and not much meaning."

Equality is the universal truth of All.

"But I would have concern for MJA, in his fixation."

Thanks again, but don't worry, my fixation is my love for truth.

"Perhaps, if there is a universal truth (i.e. something that enables greater understanding of both sides of the equation), it would lead to a greater search, more relevant questions."

The truth has no question or doubt.
Ifs ands or buts, and theories and faiths lead to more questions and more search.

"...engage others fearlessly."

I say: Bring the best minds you got,
Truth is this Way!!!
Doctor,

=
MJA

manored

Reply Sat 28 Mar, 2009 09:54 am
@doc phil,
doc wrote:

Doc
Equal in what way?I didnt quite understand.

Didnt quite understand the second parapraph too Smile

MJA mixes the reality as it must be with reality as we perceive it. What I mean with this is: claiming all is one is fine by me, though I think differently. Claiming a spoon is the same than an airplane is not.

doc phil

Reply Sun 29 Mar, 2009 07:17 am
@manored,
Sorry, equal was a bit of play on words - given the topic of this thread.

I guess I mean there are different kinds of absolution; different ways of being committed to a fixed set of ideas.

I am no different, but do see it, and seek something else.

MJA has identified a truth, as far as I can tell. It is a everything equals zero truth. It would be something if it were an everything equals one truth.

MJA

Reply Sun 29 Mar, 2009 08:32 am
@doc phil,
doc wrote:

I guess I mean there are different kinds of absolution; different ways of being committed to a fixed set of ideas.

MJA has identified a truth, as far as I can tell. It is a everything equals zero truth. It would be something if it were an everything equals one truth.

Sorry your so confused Doc, but your not the only One.
Have you been watching the news?
The Equitable Oneness of All is more simple than you think.
It is only your untrue thoughts that block the light or stand in the true Way.
Equal is the Way of All.

=
MJA

MJA

Reply Sun 29 Mar, 2009 08:37 am
@manored,
manored wrote:
Equal in what way?I didnt quite understand.

Didnt quite understand the second parapraph too Smile

MJA mixes the reality as it must be with reality as we perceive it. What I mean with this is: claiming all is one is fine by me, though I think differently. Claiming a spoon is the same than an airplane is not.

A spoonful of truth,
Equal is the right Way, turn around or go forward, both will take you there. But don't ever stop because you have still a Way to go.

=
MJA

doc phil

Reply Sun 29 Mar, 2009 11:06 am
@MJA,
MJA wrote:
Sorry your so confused Doc, but your not the only One.
Have you been watching the news?
The Equitable Oneness of All is more simple than you think.
It is only your untrue thoughts that block the light or stand in the true Way.
Equal is the Way of All.

=
MJA

Dude, there is some serious lack of understadning going on here. I do not dispute you have discovered a constant, but you are failing to discover anything else.

Anyway, perhaps you are fulfilling your purpose, reminding us that there are consequences - cause and effect.

ps your should be you're (you are).

Peace

manored

Reply Sun 29 Mar, 2009 01:49 pm
@doc phil,
doc wrote:

Yeah, I understand the way he has decided to see the world, I merely find it anoying because it is a way that cannot be passed on to others, yet due to the very nature of his belief he is incapable of seeing that it cannot be passed on and keeps trying.

MJA

Reply Mon 30 Mar, 2009 10:11 am
@manored,
manored wrote:
Yeah, I understand the way he has decided to see the world, I merely find it anoying because it is a way that cannot be passed on to others, yet due to the very nature of his belief he is incapable of seeing that it cannot be passed on and keeps trying.

I would like to pass this simple truth along to you:
You are equally One too.

Now the rest is up to you.
All you need to do to really be true is to think it, is to be it.
Be One,

=
MJA

manored

Reply Mon 30 Mar, 2009 03:53 pm
@MJA,
MJA wrote:
I would like to pass this simple truth along to you:
You are equally One too.

Now the rest is up to you.
All you need to do to really be true is to think it, is to be it.
Be One,

=
MJA
I do not want to. The darkness, the doubt and the challenge are more interesting.

savagemonk

Reply Tue 31 Mar, 2009 06:09 pm
@manored,
Ah! The only thing constant about MJA's mantra. Is that he constantly uses it over and over again. The denial of inequality does not reverse the effects. For the very fact that we are discussing it proves that there is no equality at this time. And in order to reach it (if possible) is to find a collective conscious that works for every one on earth. Although with out conflict in interest there would be no strive to better as a species. So equality doesn't work. It is deteriorating more than anything.

As for the all is one and one for all stuff. :nonooo: There are many different elements in the universe that are needed to have any type of mass/energy. It takes a lot more than one thing to make life. No matter how long you stare at a glass of water you will never get kool-aid. You must add something else to change it's properties. So you have 1 glass of water, and one package of flavoring, = Kool-aid. You needed to add two different things to reach one alteration of existence. If everything was the same and all was one thing you wouldn't need the equation to begin with. There for MJA's constant is no longer constant but contradictory.

HexHammer

Reply Tue 31 Mar, 2009 11:28 pm
@savagemonk,
I'm sorry I havn't read the entire thread, I'm new to this site ..and shamefully havn't introduced myself as etiquette ask of me.

However on topic!

I don't belive in the equality, everything are influenced by personal traits, even on the internet where people are offerd equal oppotunity, we are still divided by our basic mentallity. Some are leaders, other are followers ..etc.

As I see it, it was a politically buffword invented long ago to calm the rebellious/feuding masses.

manored

Reply Wed 1 Apr, 2009 02:54 pm
@HexHammer,
HexHammer wrote:
I'm sorry I havn't read the entire thread, I'm new to this site ..and shamefully havn't introduced myself as etiquette ask of me.

However on topic!

I don't belive in the equality, everything are influenced by personal traits, even on the internet where people are offerd equal oppotunity, we are still divided by our basic mentallity. Some are leaders, other are followers ..etc.

As I see it, it was a politically buffword invented long ago to calm the rebellious/feuding masses.
Dont worry, your posts will do that for you Smile

I dont think the concept of social equality was invented to calm masses, I think it was invented to solve the social problems related to poverty, but unhappyfully nowadays lots of people think the lack of social equality is the problem instead, and as consequence we have stupid things such as university slots exclusive for certain groups, such as black people, in Brazil, what is at the moment slowly generating racial prejudice in a country that has nearly none... aka: It does the opposite of what it is supposed to do.

Phosphorous

Reply Wed 1 Apr, 2009 04:06 pm
@savagemonk,
You know, the funny thing about equality is that the concept assumes there are discrete items in the universe capable of being "equal", and thus, also capable of being "unequal". Unfortunately, the idea that there are discrete elements to the world, where my cup ends the table begins and such, requires that the boundaries between these elements be absolute.

I don't know about others, but the boundaries given to various elements and groups in the world strike me as pretty arbitrary and man made, not absolute at all. For an example, just look at the ocean. Better yet, where does the atmosphere end? Does space begin exactly at that point? If you are steeped in quantum physics, of course you know that the boundaries we give things aren't absolute at all. Why does the idea above require these boundaries to be absolute?

Because if boundaries are subjective, it would be pretty easy to see the universe as one. There is, after all, one universe. What more boundaries would be needed?

When you think of it like that, seems to me that it's possible to build a strong argument that everything is equal, and at the same time not equal. Paradox? It seems that way until you consider that it's a duality that's not real. Pull back from the equation and you see the reason for the paradox is that there's really no absolute definition for a thing at all, don't you think?

Anyways, if it were up to me, perfect equality would be pretty boring. Rampant inequality would be pretty unfair. Maybe I can have the best of both worlds, eh?Laughing

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/20/2024 at 12:45:11