Is there equality?

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Caroline

Reply Tue 24 Mar, 2009 10:31 am
@manored,
manored wrote:
We have a choice, but there will always be someone that screws up the system, unhappyfully.

You got that right, success depends on everyone pulling there weight or at least the majority.

doc phil

Reply Tue 24 Mar, 2009 12:42 pm
@MJA,
ddancom;54911 wrote:
I don't believe that social equality is achievable in contemporary society. Conflict is inherent to human nature (group forming). Additionally, existing group-conflicts mandate a loser in any social situation.

The dynamics of three or more is certainly more challenging than a one to one. Conflict is a fabrication of man.

Caroline

Reply Tue 24 Mar, 2009 04:07 pm
@savagemonk,
I agree.

ddancom

Reply Tue 24 Mar, 2009 05:33 pm
@savagemonk,
Whether or not conflict is fabricated, it exists and will exist. It is inherent to human nature.

doc phil

Reply Tue 24 Mar, 2009 05:46 pm
@ddancom,
Inherent, not so sure. And if it is created, fabricated, then perhaps one can create something else. And if one can, then perhaps we all can.

ddancom

Reply Tue 24 Mar, 2009 06:02 pm
@savagemonk,
Creation yields conflict.

manored

Reply Tue 24 Mar, 2009 06:22 pm
@savagemonk,
Conflict is something too fundamental to be avoided, so fundamental we cannot live winhout it: Then humans feel they have little to none problems, they start creating thenselves problems, such as friendly competitions against other humans (not really a problem but keeps the mind busy) and working towards causes, such as ecology or poverty. (Im not saying they are imaginary problems, but that moving yourself out of your confort to try to solve then is creating a problem for yourself from the individual point of view)

Caroline

Reply Wed 25 Mar, 2009 01:24 am
@manored,
manored wrote:
Conflict is something too fundamental to be avoided, so fundamental we cannot live winhout it: Then humans feel they have little to none problems, they start creating thenselves problems, such as friendly competitions against other humans (not really a problem but keeps the mind busy) and working towards causes, such as ecology or poverty. (Im not saying they are imaginary problems, but that moving yourself out of your confort to try to solve then is creating a problem for yourself from the individual point of view)

I disagree, i dont have any problems and i dont feel the need to go out and create some because there aren't any in my life, i dont rock the boat for the sake of rocking it. Yes i will step out of my comfort zone but that doesnt warrant a conflict with someone or something that's just delving into the unknown which is a learning experience not a conflicting one.

Caroline

Reply Wed 25 Mar, 2009 01:27 am
@ddancom,
ddancom wrote:
Creation yields conflict.

Depends what you mean by creation, if i create something i dont expect someone to turn round and have a conflict with me about it. If your talking about the creation of mankind how's is that drawing about conflict?

ddancom

Reply Wed 25 Mar, 2009 04:02 am
@savagemonk,
Excuse my inebriation (college is a *****), but if you create something then you have taken the opportunity from someone else to create that something. Therefore, you have created conflict.

Caroline

Reply Wed 25 Mar, 2009 05:59 am
@ddancom,
ddancom wrote:
Excuse my inebriation (college is a *****), but if you create something then you have taken the opportunity from someone else to create that something. Therefore, you have created conflict.

ok i get it...........

doc phil

Reply Wed 25 Mar, 2009 06:08 am
@ddancom,
Creation based on individuality does not reduce opportunity, it creates further opportunity. Let us take the person who created line-dancing. Whilst I am upset with them for stealing my thunder (joke!!), they also diversified the dance realm and now one can take say breakdancing and linedancing and create something new... linebreaking???? Granted it would be an exceptionally odd dance, but diversity does not limit creation, it expands it.

doc phil

Reply Wed 25 Mar, 2009 06:17 am
@doc phil,
Observationally, we do have conflict. Indeed, beyond humour, conflict is one of the commonest default positions. Why?

I consider it to be related to the sense that the world can be better. It remains illogical to have poverty in such a developed civilisation, and the drive to push humankind forward often finds a place to be through antagonistic progression. Also we have limited awareness of why we are here, what is the human purpose. Is it shared? Is it individual? Is it both?

People want to be individual, but also want to fit in. Disagreement allows someone to be unique (for a moment), and when the other engages the conflict, one is unique and also belongs. It is an unsustainable way of achieving the manifestation of a natural drive. Waffling is another way!!

Caroline

Reply Wed 25 Mar, 2009 06:23 am
@savagemonk,
if someone created a college i think it depends on the individual at how to look at,ie, college is a ...... or college is an opportunity, is the glass half full or empty, it depends on how you look at it, you can create conflict or you can create more creation.

manored

Reply Wed 25 Mar, 2009 02:39 pm
@Caroline,
Caroline wrote:
I disagree, i dont have any problems and i dont feel the need to go out and create some because there aren't any in my life, i dont rock the boat for the sake of rocking it. Yes i will step out of my comfort zone but that doesnt warrant a conflict with someone or something that's just delving into the unknown which is a learning experience not a conflicting one.
Are you sure? Then, why are you on this forum, discussing philosopy with people you dont know? Smile

Learning is conflicting too. Conflict is not only about fighting against others, but against the forces of nature and the universe itself. Then you learn, you make an effort to learn, and therefore you conflict against your own incapacity to understand.

ddancom

Reply Wed 25 Mar, 2009 04:07 pm
@savagemonk,
Quote:
Creation based on individuality does not reduce opportunity, it creates further opportunity.

Creation yields opportunity (Though I'm sure we both agree that it can also cause conflict); Opportunity yields social inequality.

doc phil

Reply Wed 25 Mar, 2009 06:11 pm
@ddancom,
ddancom, I get the feeling you are merely being devil's advocate. Inequality exists.

doc phil

Reply Wed 25 Mar, 2009 06:21 pm
@doc phil,
Manored:
Learning is conflicting too. Conflict is not only about fighting against others, but against the forces of nature and the universe itself. Then you learn, you make an effort to learn, and therefore you conflict against your own incapacity to understand.

Is life just a struggle? Learning has to be an effort? Perhaps looking for perpetuation of one's own view can be troublesome.

I am not sure why caroline has to be in conflict if she chooses to be on this forum. I must have missed that rule.

Doc:Not-Impressed:

Caroline

Reply Thu 26 Mar, 2009 01:16 am
@manored,
manored wrote:
Are you sure? Then, why are you on this forum, discussing philosopy with people you dont know? Smile

yes you are right the very fact that we're having this debate/conversation is a fine example of conflict but not the kind of conflict i was talking about this is not a conflit of the kind that would have a negative impact, certainly the conflict you are discussing i am learning from:)

Caroline

Reply Thu 26 Mar, 2009 01:17 am
@savagemonk,
And i most certainly do conflict with my capacity of understandng in the effort to learn:)

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/28/2024 at 08:06:11