I Have No Ounce of Compassion for Human Beings

1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » General Discussion
  3. » I Have No Ounce of Compassion for Human Beings

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Rannixx

Reply Sun 11 Jan, 2009 07:38 pm
I have zero empathy for humans. One thing that has kept with me is my hatred of human beings. I see us all as ultimately selfish most of the time people use you as a soundboard. I do not think that people genuinely listen to what you say. This worries me deeply. I do not know if I can put up with a system where people only half-listen to what you are saying. I have placed greater importance on my own ego (and I feel that this is the mentality that everyone takes).

I feel like people only care about their own works, some people will laugh and heap praise on you (but I only believe this to be an intellectualized admiration of the work in question), but nobody really wants to fixate themselves with someone other than their self. It's scary, really. I cross my fingers and hope that there really are people better than myself and the loads of selfish others out there, and really does have bonafied, sincere concern for people. I tell myself that those people must exist. Because right now I sort of getting an eerie feeling when I talk to people, wondering what their true feelings might be towards me, and their mere faking of emotions just for my sake (while secretly they could be thinking, "this guy is ******* crazy" and I'd be the focal point of their conversation. I have experienced lots of conversations where the person cynically bashes an individual, and this has become the norm; I have ranted endlessly on these types of things on other forums.)

I realize though that is smarter to play your cards by being more altruistic (or giving the impression that you care more about others), because in the end these manipulations come full swing and ultimately help you.

But for now I have zero faith in humanity, and it's a cold dog-eat-dog world where I have to protect my ego, and only my ego. I'm lucky to have only child with an abundance of time to wax on my own ego.

Kolbe

Reply Sun 11 Jan, 2009 07:46 pm
@Rannixx,
I say that you are ridiculously lucky to have a bloody ego, there are some out there who are incapable of caring about themselves due to hating themselves in uncurable manners.

You're main issue is with generalising, some people are cruel bastards who will step over a small mountain of puppy corpses to get what they and only they want, whereas there are others who would willingly step in front of a train if they thought it would help someone.

Be careful about what you think of everyone else, or you'll just end up curling up in a corner with that ego of yours and crying yourself to sleep.

Rannixx

Reply Sun 11 Jan, 2009 08:43 pm
@Kolbe,
I have an ego sure, but I'm not exactly happy.

Kolbe

Reply Sun 11 Jan, 2009 08:46 pm
@Rannixx,
There aren't many who are, mate. Just count yourself lucky that you're not the exact opposite.

Didymos Thomas

Reply Sun 11 Jan, 2009 08:57 pm
@Kolbe,
Isn't it contradictory to despise humanity so greatly, yet, at the same time, have such a high regard for yourself? Are you somehow not part of humanity at large?

Rannixx

Reply Sun 11 Jan, 2009 09:02 pm
@Didymos Thomas,
I'm just telling you the problem. I didn't say it was right, or necessarily rational. Part of the reason I came here is to learn and hopefully change my perspective.

Didymos Thomas

Reply Sun 11 Jan, 2009 09:04 pm
@Rannixx,
Well, consider my previous statements challenge number one. Not that you need to respond to the challenges here on the forum: they sound like personal issues.

Just providing some food for thought. Good luck. Compassion is something to be practiced, and is not always easy.

nameless

Reply Mon 12 Jan, 2009 04:17 am
@Rannixx,
Rannixx;41966 wrote:
I have zero empathy for humans...

We don't see things as they are, we see them as WE are. You cannot hate someone without hating yourself at the same time. We are you. When you learn to love yourself, you will automatically see the same beauty in us/the world.
It's not 'us', it's you. The key that you seek (shake ball with viewplate upwards) lie 'within'.
Perhaps some therapy will help you unravel where all this self hate comes from? Who's 'voice' is it in your head telling you that you are 'unworthy'/'stupid'/ugly'/'unforgiveable'/'dirty sinner'/whatever...'?
Life can be a lonely place, especially with that Perspective.
Good luck.

Fido

Reply Mon 12 Jan, 2009 05:51 am
@Rannixx,
Rannixx wrote:
I have zero empathy for humans. One thing that has kept with me is my hatred of human beings. I see us all as ultimately selfish most of the time people use you as a soundboard. I do not think that people genuinely listen to what you say. This worries me deeply. I do not know if I can put up with a system where people only half-listen to what you are saying. I have placed greater importance on my own ego (and I feel that this is the mentality that everyone takes).

I feel like people only care about their own works, some people will laugh and heap praise on you (but I only believe this to be an intellectualized admiration of the work in question), but nobody really wants to fixate themselves with someone other than their self. It's scary, really. I cross my fingers and hope that there really are people better than myself and the loads of selfish others out there, and really does have bonafied, sincere concern for people. I tell myself that those people must exist. Because right now I sort of getting an eerie feeling when I talk to people, wondering what their true feelings might be towards me, and their mere faking of emotions just for my sake (while secretly they could be thinking, "this guy is ******* crazy" and I'd be the focal point of their conversation. I have experienced lots of conversations where the person cynically bashes an individual, and this has become the norm; I have ranted endlessly on these types of things on other forums.)

I realize though that is smarter to play your cards by being more altruistic (or giving the impression that you care more about others), because in the end these manipulations come full swing and ultimately help you.

But for now I have zero faith in humanity, and it's a cold dog-eat-dog world where I have to protect my ego, and only my ego. I'm lucky to have only child with an abundance of time to wax on my own ego.

The only reason people turn off to others is that their own pain is too great... You can't sympathize with your self and not sympathize with us all... You are right...It is a cold, dog eat dog world... It is forever those raised in pain and denial who grow up to be the most heartless with pain...But, in my opinion, when you can no longer feel pain, you are ready for death and good for nothing else...But, I am not telling you to die, or to kill...I would tell you to keep your own council... If you act crazy, or talk crazy, even if you get right at some point, and become human, which is to say: sympathetic to our human condition, then your past behavior might well haunt you... If you are not mature enough for human relationships hold back... Relationships are not for the ill, but for the well...Think of the future...Perhaps you will discover some pearl in the poop, and want to show it to the world, and you will want people to take you seriously, and not discount you as a nut head...

Icon

Reply Mon 12 Jan, 2009 07:37 am
@Rannixx,
I used to hate mankind. I used to consider myself above the average human.

Then I pulled my head out of my anal cavity and realised that I am a human being, I have all of the traits which I despised in others and that there was nothing that I could do to change that.

So instead of hating humans, I learned how to be a better one myself and try to bring out the best in others. I cannot change the world and so I began to change myself only to see the world around me change with my influence.

In short, if you hate mankind, stop complaining about it and do something to better the situation. Complaining is only going to make things worse and make you more like those you despise. Only someone who is as self centered as they hate in others would be too stubborn to try to do something about it.

Rannixx

Reply Mon 12 Jan, 2009 07:41 am
@Fido,
No no, that's the thing. I love myself with such abundance that I have become protective of my 'self'. I feel that people use this, "you must hate your self" thing all too much. My ego likes itself and wants to see itself do well. It's other people, I feel, that are the obstacle. I will contend that I might be irrational in my hatred of people and intellectually I should be displaying more compassion, but I have had years of patterns to shape my thinking. I like myself way more than other people, for whatever, and I would like to see the best for myself. So please do not try to coax me into that guilt. I feel like people try to intentionally confuse you into believing it is your own 'self' to fault.

"In short, if you hate mankind, stop complaining about it and do something to better the situation. Complaining is only going to make things worse and make you more like those you despise. Only someone who is as self centered as they hate in others would be too stubborn to try to do something about it."

Yes, that is what I'm here to work on. I genuinely would like to approve, but I feel that I have lost my perspective on life, and that insecurity is part of the reason why I hate so irrationally at times.

William

Reply Mon 12 Jan, 2009 07:48 am
@Rannixx,
Rannixx wrote:

Rannixx, if man is to transcend the "Ego", a reality must be established to take it's place. A reality that will allow us to take care of each other, rather than depending on the "self" for survival. The ego is deeply ingrained and is responsible for our survival up until now. It's all we know. Unfortunately it is survival, "the hard way". It takes an enormous amount of "faith" to let the "ego" go. Very few are willing to be that unafraid.
The ego feels victimized by life, steers clear of anything that contradicts it's self image, is throughly entrenched in it's personal fears and desires and lives only for itself. It is an anti-human inertial force attached to the past, afraid of change and seeks only to maintain the status quo.
In knowing this you can do much more good by "not" becoming angry. We just don't know any better. The ego is the greatest deterrent to enlightenment. Your anger is a product of your ego and once you let that go you will understand what I mean. Don't let the anger overtake you. It will get you no where and only make you bitter and lessen the quality of your own life. Once you eliminate the anger you will be surprised at how your mind will perform for you as you learn to live without fear in a world that is dependent on it.
William

Aedes

Reply Mon 12 Jan, 2009 09:27 am
@Rannixx,
Rannixx wrote:
I have zero empathy for humans.
How do you feel about little babies?

Mr Fight the Power

Reply Mon 12 Jan, 2009 10:03 am
@Aedes,
I don't know how old you are but I get the impression that you just need to grow up a little.

Fido

Reply Mon 12 Jan, 2009 10:30 am
@Aedes,
Aedes wrote:
How do you feel about little babies?

Ask him how he feels about kittens...Psycho killers, que es que sait, usually start with defensless little fluf balls...

Fido

Reply Mon 12 Jan, 2009 10:31 am
@Mr Fight the Power,
Mr. Fight the Power wrote:
I don't know how old you are but I get the impression that you just need to grow up a little.

Humans are born, not made... Put age on a hater and you get an old hater...

MuseEvolution

Reply Mon 12 Jan, 2009 11:01 am
@Rannixx,
Of your posts, Rannixx, I found this one the most interesting...

Rannixx wrote:
I will contend that I might be irrational in my hatred of people and intellectually I should be displaying more compassion, but I have had years of patterns to shape my thinking.

I'm not sure that intellectual compassion will ever get you anywhere toward your goal. I'll suggest instead that only in achieving emotional compassion (free of any logical reason for doing so) will you be able to empathize with those who also feel emotional compassion - and such people do exist. If you do achieve emotional compassion, I believe others who also do so will be much more visible to you.

If you're looking for individuals similar to yourself (and it sounds like you are), you will inevitably find what your are looking for. Until you change your self, people unlike you will always seem vague and unatainable, or you will simply ignore them, assuming they are no different from yourself.

Mr Fight the Power

Reply Mon 12 Jan, 2009 12:21 pm
@Fido,
Fido wrote:
Humans are born, not made... Put age on a hater and you get an old hater...

Humans also grow. Put experience on a hater, and you may no longer have a hater.

Fido

Reply Mon 12 Jan, 2009 01:52 pm
@Mr Fight the Power,
Mr. Fight the Power wrote:
Humans also grow. Put experience on a hater, and you may no longer have a hater.

Or you might have a hitler...

Mr Fight the Power

Reply Mon 12 Jan, 2009 02:06 pm
@Fido,
Fido wrote:
Or you might have a hitler...

True, but I get the feeling that the OP has come to some conclusions about the nature of people that he just hasn't had the time to wrap his head around. In my opinion, you cannot come to any real understanding or contentment without at least a little disappointment and disaffection.

Learning the truth doesn't always hurt but discovering your own falsehoods will always hurt.

1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » General Discussion
  3. » I Have No Ounce of Compassion for Human Beings
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/02/2024 at 02:10:07