Discovering God

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Solace

Reply Fri 14 Nov, 2008 03:08 pm
@William,
William,

frankly I don't care anymore if you or anyone finds offense in my reply, cause you're talking a lot yet saying nothing. The most anyone can take out of that whole post is "stop listening to the noise". If this is the extent of the truth that you've been promoting since joining this forum, then I should take your advice about not listening to noise and start with you.

mattpresticom

Reply Fri 14 Nov, 2008 06:46 pm
@OctoberMist,
i can only speak from my own experiences, knowing oneself to know God is God knowing itself...as i see it, i stopped trying to speak for what others should or should not know or see, as that to me is a wise place to be...the greatest bits of wisdom i will ever share with anyone, will be those bits of experience that give me the awareness of the higher realities of my own being...the self does change, and in my constant change i have found my own fulcrum on which i balance my existence and awareness of creator and creation...and i agree, it is all in the mind...so make it a good one i figure...mp

William

Reply Fri 14 Nov, 2008 07:39 pm
@mattpresticom,
mattpresti.com wrote:
i can only speak from my own experiences, knowing oneself to know God is God knowing itself...as i see it, i stopped trying to speak for what others should or should not know or see, as that to me is a wise place to be...the greatest bits of wisdom i will ever share with anyone, will be those bits of experience that give me the awareness of the higher realities of my own being...the self does change, and in my constant change i have found my own fulcrum on which i balance my existence and awareness of creator and creation...and i agree, it is all in the mind...so make it a good one i figure...mp

Well put.

william

manored

Reply Sat 15 Nov, 2008 08:49 am
@mattpresticom,
mattpresti.com wrote:
You can never hit complete self-knowledge tough, what makes everthing more... interesting Smile

OctoberMist

Reply Sun 16 Nov, 2008 05:31 pm
@manored,
manored said:

Quote:

You can never hit complete self-knowledge tough, what makes everthing more... interesting Smile

Certainly it does. Smile

I don't that that anyone achieve 'complete self knowledge' at any time in their concious life.

manored

Reply Mon 17 Nov, 2008 09:30 am
@OctoberMist,
Whoa, you didnt had to stab grammar soo many times... feeling sleepy? Smile

If you said what I think you said, I agree.

withawhy

Reply Tue 18 Nov, 2008 03:29 am
@OctoberMist,
OctoberMist wrote:

I was pondering this when I suddenly decided to try asking God to help me. I prayed, "God, if there is a god, I'm willing to do your will and accept your guidance in my life. If you can help me, I will do your will." -- I did this in complete honesty and sincereity.

That moment I physically and mentally felt something: something came into me and I felt a power and peace like I have never felt before. I felt a new sense of purpose and direction. And for the first time in my life, I knew that I was not alone and would never be alone again. It was as real and authentic as jumping into a pool or feeling a cool wind on your face.

I know exactly what youre talking about as I've experienced it as well. I wrote a post about it here. I'd love to hear your thoughts on what you've learned and any new knowledge gained from the experience itself.

withawhy

Reply Tue 18 Nov, 2008 03:36 am
@OctoberMist,
William, I enjoyed your story and agreed with it.

"I would sit down and begin typing and was blown away as to what I was writing."

Id be interested to hear what you wrote or what you wrote about

William

Reply Tue 18 Nov, 2008 06:28 am
@withawhy,
withawhy wrote:
William, I enjoyed your story and agreed with it.

"I would sit down and begin typing and was blown away as to what I was writing."

Id be interested to hear what you wrote or what you wrote about

You are reading it in every post I write. What I went through was meant for me to go through based on my experiences as it will be the same for you. As much as I would like to relate all that entailed, it would take an enormous amount of time to do so. What, I think, is more important is the culmination of that, which is in my posts. We are like fingerprints in that we all have different life experiences to draw from and in those arena's such as we find ourselves now, what you have learned will natrually come's out and in the course of that you will "hear" what you need to hear that will answer the question's you have. Don't be impatient my friend, it will gel and all come together for you as it did for me. Just hang in there. You will find what I say is true. Considering what you have already experienced, relax, you are in good hands now. Ha. So to speak. You wlll understand as time goes on.

I will give it more thought to see if I can offer anything that I think will truly help you, my friend. Smile

William

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/28/2024 at 05:19:13