Infinite

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Zetherin

Reply Tue 16 Sep, 2008 10:03 pm
@Artur phil,
Artur wrote:
Good examples and I am very familiar with carbon dating, but after giving it some thought, I do not think there is an unbiased (no human intervention) form of time that exists in nature. After all, it is us humans that created seconds, minutes, years etc... so the human element is still present in both your examples. Perhaps, I am in search of an unattainable example. :bigsmile:

Time is said to be constructed internally, within each consciousness.

Here's a quick excerpt from a favorite site of mine:
"..we construct time internally, by taking sequential experiences and noticing that they are different. We thus, literally, create time internally, making it a unique experience for each of us. Yes, we can look at a watch, but time is still the collation of the sequential images of looking at the watch."

Every consciousness creates it's own time internally, thereby constructing it's own reality. Every single consciousness is in a small bubble with the illusion that every one is in greater bubble. With this noted, I don't think objective time exists. And when I say exists, I mean unless I delve into something spiritual.

Zetetic11235

Reply Wed 17 Sep, 2008 07:51 am
@Holiday20310401,
Holiday20310401 wrote:
Ok, but what makes you think indivisibility is a state of being? Scientists aren't really conclusive on this sort of thing, nor do they speculate enough on it.:listening:

Scientists have no reign over this problem. This is a problem of mathematics and linguistics. It has reign over some theories or philosophies in science perhaps, but not vice versa. What infinite density would most likely translate to in physical space is infinite size. The problem of divisibility that you posed isn't really clear. Do you mean that due to the closeness of the particles it cannot be cut? If so I would say that such a problem is not somthing to be considered here, it translates syntax to physical space and is therefore flawed.

Alan McDougall

Reply Thu 29 Jan, 2009 06:20 am
@Zacrates,
Infinite is a naughty word in classical science and this concept is really philosophical.

I believe infinity is an impossibility even to God, the closest we come to infinity is Eternity and this is something we can understand. Eternity is just a circular path that one can revolve around in in ever increasing circles forever.

That is my take on infinity

Pathfinder

Reply Sat 7 Feb, 2009 11:53 am
@Zacrates,
I think that infinity, being a mystery, is only infnite as long as it remains a mystery.

The definition of anything is based upon an ability to comprehend it. Infinity, being incomprehensible,is therefore indefinable.

Having said that, as soon as something becomes realized it also becomes definable and will then be comprehended as it is studied.

so, if infinity is ever actually defined or comprehended, it will cease to be a mystery and will also no longer be infinite. For anything that can be defined has a beginning and and end.

Sincerely,
Pathfinder
Natural Logic

Pathfinder

Reply Sat 7 Feb, 2009 11:55 am
@Zetherin,
Time only exists in the mind of those who count it. It is not an actual manifestation.

If there is no being to calculate the passage of existence than time does not exist.

Sincerely,
Pathfinder
http://naturalogic.blogspot.com/

boagie

Reply Sat 7 Feb, 2009 12:20 pm
@Pathfinder,
Hi All,Smile

The tick of time shuts out eturnity, for time has nothing to do with eturnity, the function of spirituality is to experience eturnity in the here and now, for what time is it, but now, now contains all reality. Quote from the Upanishads, Time," I am death destroyer of worlds." If one thinks of eturnity as the field of play, while the players whom are subject to time come upon this field to play, the game is played, then the teams leave the field, but the field remains, and tommorow, is it really new players that arrive upon this field of play?

xris

Reply Sat 7 Feb, 2009 01:10 pm
@boagie,
Eternity is less than a second away and no more than inch..we can never experience eternity its an illusion.We only ever have now.Nothing is as large as everything but smaller than we can imagine.Eternity and nothing are bed fellows that make us mortals unable to comprehend their similarities.

boagie

Reply Sat 7 Feb, 2009 01:18 pm
@xris,
Xris:)

Eturnity is now, the concept of time is a distraction from realizing this, you can experience eturnity in the here and now, and that is a spiritual experience. "The tick of time shuts out eturnity." The Upanishads

Alan McDougall

Reply Sat 7 Feb, 2009 02:17 pm
@Zacrates,
Pathfinder

Re: Infinite
Quote:
Time only exists in the mind of those who count it. It is not an actual manifestation.

If there is no being to calculate the passage of existence than time does not exist.

Exactly time is just a construct to measure how we move. We also never ever reach a moment, When we think is has happened it has already past

boagie

Reply Sat 7 Feb, 2009 03:27 pm
@Alan McDougall,
Alan McDougall wrote:
Pathfinder

Re: Infinite

Exactly time is just a construct to measure how we move. We also never ever reach a moment, When we think is has happened it has already past

Alan McDougall,Smile

Past, present and the future are all contained in the moment, the past is recollection, the present is awarness, and the future is expectation. "There has never been a man who lived in the past, and there will never be a man whom will live in the future." Schopenhauer The moment now is eturnity and it is full of temporality. What was it Blake said, eturnity is in love with the productions of time, so, our existence is temporal, but the foundation upon which it rests is not.

xris

Reply Sat 7 Feb, 2009 04:06 pm
@boagie,
Its nice at times to have another mind that has the same opinions..im so used to disagreeing im confused.

Pathfinder

Reply Sat 7 Feb, 2009 04:55 pm
@Zacrates,
The moment contains 60 seconds.

At the 30 second point, the previous 29 seconds are the past, and the next 29 seconds are future.

As Alan has pointed out, it is simply a matter of measurement.

If we were talking distance instead of time it would be a matter of simply substituting miles for seconds above.

There will be a man who lives in the future because it will be me when I have finished typing this post, oooops, look its me right now a few letters later, wait, that was the past now after having said it. Okay I am confused. What time is it?

Khethil

Reply Sat 7 Feb, 2009 04:56 pm
@boagie,
boagie wrote:
Past, present and the future are all contained in the moment, the past is recollection, the present is awarness, and the future is expectation.

Woah....

I saw the first part of this ("[The] Past, present and future are all contained in the moment") and immediately thought, "Oh goodie, here we go again down the road of symbolic, nonsense..."

... then I saw the second part. Wow, nice. [INDENT]Through recollection we 'review' the past; such recollection takes place in the present
[/INDENT][INDENT]When we are suddenly aware of our existence, that perception takes place in the present.
[/INDENT][INDENT]Future events are expected or anticipated; such takes place at the point of that thought; which is to say, the present.
[/INDENT]Is this, restated back, how you meant it? I think I'd agree, but am curious if I've interpreted your statement correctly.

Thanks

boagie

Reply Sat 7 Feb, 2009 05:36 pm
@Khethil,
Khethil;Smile

Yes it is an excellent evaluation, first rate I should say Khethil! I am please you find it reasonable.

boagie

Reply Sat 7 Feb, 2009 05:53 pm
@Pathfinder,
Pathfinder wrote:
The moment contains 60 seconds.

At the 30 second point, the previous 29 seconds are the past, and the next 29 seconds are future.

As Alan has pointed out, it is simply a matter of measurement.

If we were talking distance instead of time it would be a matter of simply substituting miles for seconds above.

There will be a man who lives in the future because it will be me when I have finished typing this post, oooops, look its me right now a few letters later, wait, that was the past now after having said it. Okay I am confused. What time is it?

Pathfinder;

THE TIME IS NOW, AS IT ALWAYS IS!

Pathfinder

Reply Sat 7 Feb, 2009 06:10 pm
@boagie,
When was it that you made that last post Boagie?

You couldn't be doin it right now becuase it is already there on the baord.

boagie

Reply Sat 7 Feb, 2009 08:18 pm
@Pathfinder,
pathfinder,Smile

Don't spend to much time in recollection, it is there NOW is it not? Living in the past is not good for you. I placed the post there in the NOW, and in the NOW you read it---lol!!!

Pathfinder

Reply Sun 8 Feb, 2009 05:59 am
@boagie,
well, NOW i got to get to the wife.

Later, which will be NOW then, I will be out like a light.

Peace to ya!

Khethil

Reply Sun 8 Feb, 2009 06:01 am
@boagie,
Khethil wrote:
Woah....

I saw the first part of this ("[The] Past, present and future are all contained in the moment") and immediately thought, "Oh goodie, here we go again down the road of symbolic, nonsense..."

... then I saw the second part. Wow, nice.[INDENT]Through recollection we 'review' the past; such recollection takes place in the present
[/INDENT][INDENT]When we are suddenly aware of our existence, that perception takes place in the present.
[/INDENT][INDENT]Future events are expected or anticipated; such takes place at the point of that thought; which is to say, the present.
[/INDENT]Is this, restated back, how you meant it? I think I'd agree, but am curious if I've interpreted your statement correctly.
boagie wrote:
Yes it is an excellent evaluation, first rate I should say Khethil! I am please you find it reasonable.

Thanks for saying so. That was an interesting perspective; that all time is, is a perception of <yada> and that because of it, it only lies in the present.

No, I don't think this changes much, but I do believe that such a way of looking at it grants a perceptional change in the mind. It's a way of looking at it I hadn't thought of at all.

Always good, thanks

xris

Reply Sun 8 Feb, 2009 06:22 am
@Khethil,
It has been my opinion but have never been able to explain it to others ,thanks boagie..

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/05/2024 at 04:17:45