Woman being stoned to death Islam Explain

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Dave Allen

Reply Wed 14 Apr, 2010 01:01 pm
@xris,
xris;151907 wrote:
Dave you edit your abuse and then pretend your innocent.
I have had second thoughts about certain things I have said - that is true - but I do sincerely believe you to be an idiot and a bigot.

Beyond that, consider anything I retrated as retracted.
Quote:
, you made accusations about my opinions and then refuse to collaborate them.

Please tell me what ones and I will attempt to elucidate you.
Quote:
As for accusing me of the sickening act of reading the daily mail , your completely out of order. If you think im a bigot prove it?
Looks like a demand - punctuated as a query - which is it?

I have explained already why I think you are a bigot - it is primarily down to you damning millions with the behaviour of a few and making ludicrously exaggerated nonsense claims. Saying stuff like "Muslims are insular" and so on.

That's not proof - but this ain't a maths problem, it's a statement of why I hold my opinion.
Quote:
I will ask you again, do you think the prophet can be used in much the same way as in "the life of Brian" if its too difficult a simple yes or no will suffice.

Part of the reason I think you're an idiot is that you continually ask questions I have already given you an answer too.

For example, when you brought up the Life of Brian earlier I agreed it was a danger to lampoon the prophet.

I said so twice, in fact.

Perhaps this time round you'll make an effort to absorb that fact into your meagre grey matter, you old berk.

Is that the challenge I 'refused to pick up'?

EDIT: I assume you maybe aren't able to read in between the lines of "it is a danger to lampoon the prophet" - so I will give you the binary answer - 'no'.

xris

Reply Wed 14 Apr, 2010 01:25 pm
@Dave Allen,
Your doing it again you agree with me and then retract it. Make up your mind? Do you admit there is a fear for many comedians using islamic material or not? Dont make strange obscure examples of tepid humour to prove a point, then tell me your not up to speed on popular humour..

You have to do more than pick out a phrase, out of context, to prove I am a bigot. You have to prove I am intolerant and hold a view that is unfounded. " Muslims are insular" ..if thats your only reason say so and we can examine that fact. If there is more reason to call me bigoted , lets hear it now.

Dave Allen

Reply Wed 14 Apr, 2010 01:44 pm
@xris,
xris;151928 wrote:
Your doing it again you agree with me and then retract it. Make up your mind? Do you admit there is a fear for many comedians using islamic material or not?
Another question I have already answered.

I'll try again.

I do not think there is any fear of comedians using Islamic jibes up to a point - I think many would be wary of lampooning the prophet.

As for making my mind up - that has been my consistent response to this line of enquiry since you first raised the issue. I see many comics too scared to tackle other topics, some are edgier than others. I doubt Frankie Boyle's stuff would sit well in a Victoria Wood routine.

But some DO joke about Islam, a fair bit - if you don't know about them it's because you haven't looked.

Quote:
Dont make strange obscure examples of tepid humour to prove a point, then tell me your not up to speed on popular humour..

It's just the actual truth - I don't watch much comedy. I don't see how you can object to that - I just don't. Live with it.

Despite this I can think of many examples. They aren't all obscure - Jimmy Carr is as mainstream as it gets.

I don't watch him - I hate him really, but he's so omnipresent you can't help but get a dose every so often. And some of his material has mocked aspects of Islam.

I didn't think "all the blow-themselves up motherf*ckers will realise the minute they die they were suckers" was tepid. Lines like "we better be serious and show them respect/their god is mysterious and barely insect" isn't as sophisticated as Monty Python - but it's just as cutting really.

I mean, one could argue The Life of Brian is pretty tepid - it's not Jerry Sadowitz is it?

And this is almost ready...

Chris Morris's 'jihadi comedy' - a first look | Ben Walters | Film | guardian.co.uk

Quote:
You have to do more than pick out a phrase, out of context, to prove I am a bigot.

I'm under no obligation to provide proof - this is not a maths problem. The reason I think you're a bigot is because you seem to me to be a bigot. That's why I hold my opinion. For evidence of my opinion, I hold up the things you have said. That's not proof but it'll do for me to form an opinion. I might be wrong - but your testimony and attitude on this issue have me pretty convinced.

Prove "All the blow-themselves-up motherf*ckers..." is tepid.

You can't - it's an opinion.

Proof is for maths.

xris

Reply Wed 14 Apr, 2010 02:22 pm
@Dave Allen,
Dave Allen;151942 wrote:
Another question I have already answered.

I'll try again.

I do not think there is any fear of comedians using Islamic jibes up to a point - I think many would be wary of lampooning the prophet.

As for making my mind up - that has been my consistent response to this line of enquiry since you first raised the issue. I see many comics too scared to tackle other topics, some are edgier than others. I doubt Frankie Boyle's stuff would sit well in a Victoria Wood routine.

But some DO joke about Islam, a fair bit - if you don't know about them it's because you haven't looked.

It's just the actual truth - I don't watch much comedy. I don't see how you can object to that - I just don't. Live with it.

Despite this I can think of many examples. They aren't all obscure - Jimmy Carr is as mainstream as it gets.

I don't watch him - I hate him really, but he's so omnipresent you can't help but get a dose every so often. And some of his material has mocked aspects of Islam.

I didn't think "all the blow-themselves up motherf*ckers will realise the minute they die they were suckers" was tepid. Lines like "we better be serious and show them respect/their god is mysterious and barely insect" isn't as sophisticated as Monty Python - but it's just as cutting really.

I mean, one could argue The Life of Brian is pretty tepid - it's not Jerry Sadowitz is it?

And this is almost ready...

Chris Morris's 'jihadi comedy' - a first look | Ben Walters | Film | guardian.co.uk

I'm under no obligation to provide proof - this is not a maths problem. The reason I think you're a bigot is because you seem to me to be a bigot. That's why I hold my opinion. For evidence of my opinion, I hold up the things you have said. That's not proof but it'll do for me to form an opinion. I might be wrong - but your testimony and attitude on this issue have me pretty convinced.

Prove "All the blow-themselves-up motherf*ckers..." is tepid.

You can't - it's an opinion.

Proof is for maths.
Your doing it again and again making out this cutting edge comedy has a certain degree of islamic mokery but it wont or cant go as far as it would with other subjects, will it? I never said it did not exist, i said they are **** scared of upsetting them , no one would dare abuse the prophet. Thats my point and you still have not answered me about the, life of brian, have you?

So you think calling someone a bigot need not be proven just assumed, goodness me, is that it..

Pepijn Sweep

Reply Wed 14 Apr, 2010 03:22 pm
@xris,
I think killing some-one based on any religion or political system is a crime against humanity. No men has the right to take the life of another human being; exceptions for self-defence or defence of fysical interity of a third person.

You only talk about woman being stoned to death, but also gay people get executed, people protesting against the so called government and people commiting economic crimes.

People defending this I really don't understand. I think there is something seriously wrong to assume you're in a position to judge some-one and end his or her life. That's not in human hands, unless the person chooses so himself.

I think this is one of the mean reasons the mayority dislikes islamitic states like Sudan, totalitarian states like N-Korea etc.. It leads to war and more killing.

I think - because I see no better solution - the UN should ban the countries which violate the charter. Time for endless compromise and negotiations reached it's End:letme-at-em:

Freeze the finances, no travelling to and from these countries / states. I rather live in a small, civilised community than in a hypocritic global market. I am sick of supporting criminals just because they happen to be Haed of State.:poke-eye:

Alan McDougall

Reply Wed 14 Apr, 2010 07:47 pm
@Alan McDougall,
Dave

[QUOTE]
Originally Posted by Dave Allen
but I do sincerely believe you to be an idiot and a bigot
[/QUOTE]

As for me Dave your insults to xris and others are now getting too personal so please tone down your rhetoric

Pepijn Sweep

Reply Fri 16 Apr, 2010 10:56 am
@Alan McDougall,
[CENTER]:perplexed:
I tried to check with a friend what is actually said about stoning a woman to death. This is the story I was told...

When the Prophet left Mecca he went to Medina where he ruled the city. He applied the law of the people living in the town to each persons religion; i.c. Jewish law to Jewish people, Christian law to Christians and Muslim law to the Arabs and converted inhabitants.

The only stoning recorded was a Jewish woman and it was according to Jewish law. In the Bible we read that Jezus broke with this law and in the Qu'oran it is not mentioned.

I hope my information is right. It does not explain why some Muslim people and governments think it's a just punishment. If my information is not correct, please let me know.

[/CENTER]

xris

Reply Fri 16 Apr, 2010 01:25 pm
@Pepijn Sweep,
Stoning - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia It might be that certain muslims try to discount its legality and good for them. Problem is they are not the law, Im afraid, it is clearly a legal requirement.

Mrknowspeople

Reply Thu 16 Feb, 2023 02:51 am
@Alan McDougall,
Quote:
I won't be bothered to read the great replies on this topic due to greed. I say that those Muslims were mislead by a messiah who tricked them to try the stoning greatness since had they not listened to him when he said, "You are innocent so I condemn you with eternal hell so long as you promise never to sin again at all!" and then he screamed at her as she left, "I am whispering to you to stop and take the the flying of the stones right now because I will have to suffer a violent end if you do not!!??"

Obviously there is no kernel of truth to any of that. I will say that they should not seek death at all. For that, I would say ex post factos has been in effect but they should know that they are at risk of showing that they aid and abed Dr Hate so head to the current God on duty and follow the heart.

ghuriani

Reply Tue 27 Jun, 2023 08:57 pm
Two points: First. The actions of Muslims are not equal to Islam. Second. There is no certainty in many historical accounts.

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.04 seconds on 04/25/2024 at 11:44:49