My totally cool link archive thread

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Cookie 2

Reply Mon 19 Feb, 2007 03:12 pm
BlackELk wrote:
... interesting conversation in which young Family members show a capacity for critical thinking...

i think critical thinking is something each family young person will do at some point, or at many points, but inevitably they go back to pure acceptance and blind faith, or they leave, because you just have to in order to stay there with a good concience.

Doesn't this guy's way of thinking remind you of your kind of thinking right before leaving?...it reminds me of mine--It sounds like the point when i had to start convincing myself that i was a good family member and really DID believe, but that some things don't make any sense and that there are contradictory statements in the GN's and other pubs.

BlackELk

Reply Tue 20 Feb, 2007 10:34 am
Yeah, I think this guy already has one foot out the door. And you're absolutely right--either the critical thinking stops and he goes on blindly or he leaves TF. What TF promotes as "blind" faith is really intellectual dishonesty, imo. And as far as I'm concerned, there's nothing "blind" about faith. Putting trust and hope in a higher power (faith) simply allows one to see things differently and find meaning & purpose--it doesn't require the acceptence of irrational nonsense and contraditiction as "truth."

Thorwald 1

Reply Tue 20 Feb, 2007 12:19 pm
Sound familiar, anyone?

Don't You Want to Become a Cult Leader? (on YouTube)

Note: Originally posted on exfamily.

Peter Frouman

Reply Sun 4 Mar, 2007 04:06 am
myspace.com: Prophet Rental Car: Bastard Son of Prophet Bus

Peter Frouman

Reply Sun 11 Mar, 2007 01:03 am
factnet.org: Fool me once, shame on you – Fool me twice, shame on me

F.A.C.T.net wrote:

Late this week, Factnet was made aware that a website, which I have used as a source to collect information on religion news, may be closely affiliated with The Family International, formerly known as the Children of God.

(more on this group at FACTNet. org )

The website’s connection to The Family International is well hidden from the public, and without the resources at Factnet and its partners, I would not have discovered this connection.

In the past few months, I had become discontent with the usefulness of the website’s content for Factnet purposes. I did not have any thing to substantiate that feeling, except a journalist’s gut instinct. (It’s easier to see what is wrong or false, than it is to recognize what is missing.)

Readers should know what little news that was discovered through this unreliable website was verified at the original news source, as far as possible, with the original news story linked on FACTNet’s front page.

However, because of this new information, Factnet will no longer cite WorldWide Religious News (WWRN) as a source, nor lend any credibility to the site.

I extend my apologies to our readers, who have come to rely on Factnet as an important and dependable source of cult news and information. I also extend my thanks to and express my appreciation for those who work at and for Factnet, for alerting us to this potential problem. Because of this incident, I am more confident that at FACTNet “the system worksâ€

Monger 1

Reply Sat 2 Jun, 2007 02:15 pm
http://reddit.com/info/1srl3/comments
http://offsprung.com/ltbd/2007/05/09/jesus-loves-you/

Thorwald 1

Reply Sat 2 Jun, 2007 04:08 pm
The best comment from the above reddit link on "Loving Jesus" is: "And all about the second coming". I never put those two together.

Monger 1

Reply Sat 2 Jun, 2007 05:00 pm
My favorite was, "Dude there is nothing gay about masturbating to the thought of a big scruffy man pounding you in your pretend vagina."

m 2

Reply Sun 3 Jun, 2007 04:43 pm
Even funnier are the ("more erotic") love words to Jesus.

Seriously, best laugh I've had all week.

Quote:
I want to suck Your penis. I want to suck Your seeds!

Er, no. Shocked Laughing

Cookie 2

Reply Sun 3 Jun, 2007 07:21 pm
"seeds" is such a funny term.

Anonymous

Reply Mon 4 Jun, 2007 03:14 pm
Quote:
pupumonkey 24 points 12 days ago:
I had no idea Jesus got so much tail.

Deacon 23 points 12 days ago:
He was really hung.

nostrademons 29 points 12 days ago:
And all about the second coming.

Thumperings 7 points 12 days ago:
but does the holy ghost get blown?

Xiol 12 points 12 days ago:
You dropped the ball, dude.

prrometheus 4 points 12 days ago:
Jesus hates it when you drop the ball.

ST2K 6 points 12 days ago:
...but loves it when you bend over to pick it up.
cough

Too funny!

winter 1

Reply Wed 6 Jun, 2007 01:32 am
Testimony
So someone sent me this link of a testimony from an ex-witch who was brought to Christ and then to the J-man by TF:

http://www.kt70.com/~jamesjpn/articles/james_massa.html
http://www.kt70.com/~jamesjpn/articles/james_massa_about_ricky.html

It's interesting to note that he displays some of the same characteristics of many of our parents. He is a "high" seeker. In the second testimony, it is obvious things are not as rosy as the first. How long would you give this guy before he has had enough?

evanman

Reply Fri 8 Jun, 2007 10:39 am
Cookie wrote:
"seeds" is such a funny term.

It's the literal translation of the word "Semen" which is from the Latin "Semente" meaning "Seed". Not so funny when you consider the etymology.

Etymology (origin of words) is a fascinating subject!

Cookie 2

Reply Tue 19 Jun, 2007 05:55 pm
still sounds funny Laughing

Anonymous

Reply Thu 28 Jun, 2007 10:02 am
http://www.flickr.com/photos/8746451@N05/?saved=1

WalkerJ 1

Reply Thu 28 Jun, 2007 12:54 pm
Damn, those people have gotten old.

Looks like a European fellowship meeting of some sort. I know some of the people there aren't FM members.

Freaky. Very freaky.

Cookie 2

Reply Sat 30 Jun, 2007 02:20 pm
i am also shocked to see their ages. i can't believe they're still in it. they said JC was supposed to come back so long ago to "take them away from this place" as the song says.

so funny to see the pic with "This caravan of ours will never stop..." above it. too funny! i remember doing that when i was 4. Laughing

Thorwald 1

Reply Sat 30 Jun, 2007 05:48 pm
David Berg on MySpace.com: http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=92779937
I guess someone is trying to do a parody.

evanman

Reply Tue 3 Jul, 2007 04:15 pm
WalkerJ wrote:
Damn, those people have gotten old.

Looks like a European fellowship meeting of some sort. I know some of the people there aren't FM members.

Freaky. Very freaky.

You too will become grey haired and balding! It comes to us all.

I still can't believe what I see in the mirror--I used to have such a mass of long dark hair.

WalkerJ 1

Reply Wed 4 Jul, 2007 08:13 am
evanman wrote:
You too will become grey haired and balding! It comes to us all.
Oh, I know...and as strange as it sounds, I'm actually looking forward to turning 60.

But I don't intend to look like a bum/hippie leftover at that age.

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.06 seconds on 04/25/2024 at 05:42:58