How did you get your name?

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Kolbe

Reply Sun 11 Jan, 2009 07:22 pm
@PhilosophyForum,
I was brought up Catholic and taught the story of the priest Maximillian Kolbe, who sacrificed his life in a concentration camp so that a family might live. Desperate for a name for a Night Elf Druid (yes, I play world of warcraft and am a sad loser), I remembered this lesson and named him Kolbe. I've used it since.

CuriousReed

Reply Mon 12 Jan, 2009 01:54 pm
@Theaetetus,
I put in "Curious" mostly because that's just what I am, in the current phase of my life, and curiousity is the reason I joined philosophyforum. I want to know what others mean, and how they think. "Reed" was added just because the name "Curious" was taken, and I couldn't be bothered with searching for a more fitting name.:whistling:

mindlink

Reply Wed 14 Jan, 2009 12:42 pm
@PhilosophyForum,
My experiences and observations in life have indicated to me that the mind in my body is linked to some kind of universal mind and to all other minds in the universe, including the "minds" of animals and plants. Sometimes I can access those mindlinks intentionally and sometimes the access is spontaneous. Recent quantum physics theories suggest a scientific explanation for these phenomena.

fealsamh

Reply Sat 17 Jan, 2009 08:28 am
@PhilosophyForum,
The name I chose, fealsamh, is Gaelic for philosopher.

Watchy

Reply Sat 17 Jan, 2009 10:16 am
@PhilosophyForum,
I chose Watchy as my name because I feel I must seek to understand things and one way to understand, or attempt at undestanding, is to watch. Razz

aperro1

Reply Mon 19 Jan, 2009 12:12 am
@PhilosophyForum,
It's the first part of my school email.

PseudonymGeist

Reply Mon 19 Jan, 2009 12:36 am
@PhilosophyForum,
My pen name(pseudonym) is Grey Geist

power flower

Reply Sun 25 Jan, 2009 04:58 pm
@PhilosophyForum,
How I got my name?
Power Flower stands for so much.
If you visit my blog:Stella Metaflortex Pinealis
you will understand more...
The Flow of Power is what it is all about.

Bones-O

Reply Sun 25 Jan, 2009 05:03 pm
@PhilosophyForum,
I was listening to a song and it had the following lyrics:

"Well, I'll go for a jar 'stead of going for home
And I'll go without sleep, 'spite my petrified bones
Oh, a couple of brews and the night is in session..."

I laugh every time I hear "bones oh" for no reason - I guess it just sounds comical to me. I wanted to call myself something like Bonzo, but I couldn't think of a spelling that was unambiguous. I settled on this name in the end because it was unusual.

power flower

Reply Sun 25 Jan, 2009 05:14 pm
@Bones-O,
how come you are a full member and I am not?

Bones-O

Reply Sun 25 Jan, 2009 05:47 pm
@PhilosophyForum,
Yes, I am a total member. See the thread on particles and circles. Kind of 'upped' my post count a tad. Best laid plans...

Horton

Reply Sun 25 Jan, 2009 06:23 pm
@PhilosophyForum,
I just like Horton, was a great book and film

gasgiant phil

Reply Thu 29 Jan, 2009 12:44 am
@PhilosophyForum,
My name Gasgiant comes from my email, [email][email protected][/email]. I was one of the first Juno members, having joined back in '95 or '96, and I wanted one of the big planets as a name, like Saturn or Jupiter. They had, sadly, been taken. I was thus left with the description of them by astronomers, which is "gas giant." And there you have it.

click here

Reply Fri 30 Jan, 2009 01:39 pm
@PhilosophyForum,
Most people wish to make their name unique to the great [url]WWW..[/url]. psh who would want that kind of attention. I chose my name so as to hide, unseen on any website that I frequent.

Pathfinder

Reply Sat 7 Feb, 2009 06:29 pm
@PhilosophyForum,
My name was chosen to represent my thoughts on the human quest for truth.

I believe that we are all designed with an instinctive urge to know who and what we are.

And I believe that as we partake on that quest we choose particular paths as they lie before us. Some paths take us forward and others take us backward. Some are simply dead ends.

The human who truly wants to gain knowledge must choose the paths that contain knowledge.

I believe that truth is like an elusive prey that must tracked down by following its trail. And as a pathfinder I can stay on that trail and constantly be seeking for evidence to suggest that the truth has gone this way or that.

Sincerely,
Pathfinder
Natural Logic

Echelon

Reply Mon 9 Feb, 2009 06:44 pm
@Pathfinder,
Basically Echelon is a fun word to say, and sounds cool. So it's a handle that I've used on the net for a while :sarcastic:

Zetherin

Reply Tue 10 Feb, 2009 08:02 am
@PhilosophyForum,
I constructed the name Zetherin myself. Been using it for years, through all my internet activities.

Ceilidh169

Reply Sun 15 Feb, 2009 08:16 pm
@PhilosophyForum,
Ceilidh is the Irish Gaelic word for party
169 to me represents victory because it is the number of times Joshua walked around
Jericho (13, once each day for six days and seven on the seventh) squared

sthack99

Reply Thu 19 Feb, 2009 11:09 am
@PatrickM,
Nothing exciting about my name. My first initial, part of my last name, and the year I graduated from high school. I've been using this screen name for as long as I can remember now.

smoked

Reply Fri 20 Feb, 2009 01:47 pm
@PhilosophyForum,
Smoked has been my discription of my brain when I experienced at a very early age, before 9, contemplating that if someone actually could tell me who created God that I could then ask who created that creator. I got very clear that the question could not ever be answered and "Why is there Anything?" is a thought I can silence my brain with whenever I get too attached to any particular feeling. I was glad when "smoked" popped into my head when I questioned what name to choose here.

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/25/2024 at 04:13:41