How did you get your name?

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Pepijn Sweep

Reply Fri 26 Feb, 2010 01:45 pm
@polpol,
:devilish::looking:My Mother died 1/2 year ago. I am using her name because she was my best counsil; not much of a Philosopher!

mike90t09

Reply Mon 1 Mar, 2010 02:05 am
@PhilosophyForum,
mike90t09 is basically my name, mike
my birth year, 1990
my last name, t for Thomas
my graduation year, 2009.

Transcend

Reply Wed 3 Mar, 2010 12:31 pm
@mike90t09,
I was learning a new song on guitar recently called 'Second Walk' by John Frusciante and it's from the line "But to fall and be down's something I transcend".

I liked the lyric and it stuck in my head.

Smile

Doubt doubt

Reply Sat 13 Mar, 2010 10:35 am
@PhilosophyForum,
I chose my name because of Descartes work on certainty us to interest me very much. i didnt find certainty in "i think" but i saw promise in "i doubt". the second doubt is because i never understood why he went to such lengths to ride himself of assumptions and yet he assumed that he was the "I" in i think and i doubt. I believe that something doubts but i doubt the "I". someday i hope to understand with certainty what is doing the doubting. "I" may be probable but it certainly is not certain:D

job

Reply Tue 16 Mar, 2010 12:07 am
@PhilosophyForum,
I got my name from the book in the bible. It was always my favorite. A bet between God and the devil. In my summation, the devil won.

wayne

Reply Tue 16 Mar, 2010 02:16 am
@PhilosophyForum,
My mother apparently liked it. It means wagon maker.
I haven't made any wagons but I do make things

Lily

Reply Tue 16 Mar, 2010 11:56 am
@job,
job;140171 wrote:
I got my name from the book in the bible. It was always my favorite. A bet between God and the devil. In my summation, the devil won.

What? It's just a very long nagging. Job is grumpy:shifty:

GoshisDead

Reply Tue 16 Mar, 2010 12:00 pm
@mike90t09,
mike90t09;133951 wrote:
mike90t09 is basically my name, mike
my birth year, 1990
my last name, t for Thomas
my graduation year, 2009.

If you added your social security number we could get free credit.

Pepijn Sweep

Reply Sat 20 Mar, 2010 12:45 am
@GoshisDead,
GoshisDead;140311 wrote:
If you added your social security number we could get free credit.

Some bells would go off using my SoSe numbers. SoFi in Dutch... No messing a'round. Can you receive bank pay-ment ? Would like to con-tribute my-self. Any-way; debt & late payment on morgage and taxes do not build up credibility. Finance-wisely :detective:

Re-morgage ; pay off short debt. Live sober & enjoy fruits of y'r own labour. I will bake two/three cakes for my party later to-day. Close friends / family / new friends will come in 8 hours. Have plenty of Time organized for This.:whistling:

elibats

Reply Sat 20 Mar, 2010 04:29 am
@PhilosophyForum,
When my grandma was pregnant with my uncle, my mom begged her to name him Paul. Naming him that worked out well I guess cause I got basically the same name, Paula, the female version. I go by Polly though.

Pepijn Sweep

Reply Sat 20 Mar, 2010 05:29 am
@job,
i liked more the human sacrifize by Abraham.

Ascendere

Reply Sun 21 Mar, 2010 01:01 am
@PhilosophyForum,
Ascendere= to climb up, ascend
my goal in life. lol now that i think about it i shoulda gone with Transcendere=to transcend

Pepijn Sweep

Reply Sun 21 Mar, 2010 07:09 am
@Icon,
Icon;31140 wrote:
I have a bad habit of being terrible with names and yet I have several nicknames assigned to me by various people for various reasons. Icon is the most popular of these and is most often used by my friends in real life as well as electronically.

Icon is short for Iconoclast. One who destroys religious or popular belief. This, as my friends say, best describes me as a person. I am constantly questioning even my own ideas of the world and reality. It is not in me to believe or to accept or to conform. The harder others try to get me to do so, the harder I fight to understand the truth.

:bigsmile:Could you sent Santa Back to Hooge Noorden. Conflict with Saint Nico Laas uit Bari op 5 december. We claim priority.

Kind R Pepijn Sweep
RIP
3@www:lol:

froach

Reply Sun 21 Mar, 2010 07:32 am
@lakeshoredrive,
favorite ale:), thats how obvious I am

Razzleg

Reply Tue 23 Mar, 2010 10:38 pm
@TickTockMan,
A while back I used to play poker pretty obsessively, with friends, online, and in various regular games and tournaments around town. At one point I had a particularly long run of bad luck, and I couldn't put a good hand together to save my life. There is a particular poker game called Razz, where the object of the game is to have the worst hand. My friends and I agreed that if we were ever involved in some sort of poker triathlon (or pentathlon, or whatever) I would "run" the Razz leg. My luck eventually improved, but Razzleg just became a nickname of sorts. I use it online sometimes.

Pepijn Sweep

Reply Wed 24 Mar, 2010 04:00 am
@froach,
froach;141864 wrote:
favorite ale:), thats how obvious I am

I would not call mysekve Heiniken.

froach

Reply Wed 24 Mar, 2010 08:10 am
@Pepijn Sweep,
Pepijn Sweep;142929 wrote:
I would not call mysekve Heiniken.

maybe because your beer has been brewed since 1873, and heiniken experiance in amterdam is pants Laughing

my ale has a big more depth:a-ok:
Brewed in Scotland since 2000 B.C. heather ale is probably the oldest style of ale still produced in the world. From an ancient Gaelic recipe for "leann fraoich" (heather ale) it has been revived and reintroduced to the Scottish culture.

Pepijn Sweep

Reply Wed 24 Mar, 2010 12:52 pm
@froach,
froach;142994 wrote:
maybe because your beer has been brewed since 1873, and heiniken experiance in amterdam is pants

my ale has a big more depth
Brewed in Scotland since 2000 B.C. heather ale is probably the oldest style of ale still produced in the world. From an ancient Gaelic recipe for "leann fraoich" (heather ale) it has been revived and reintroduced to the Scottish culture.

[CENTER]:bigsmile:
Thot be Honest I do not associate Scotland with beer / ale at all. Much more with Scotch. Heiniken is a compagny / multinational. They still produce Quality beers, but I prefer beer from Belgium Abbey's. Mind you, I hardly drink.

You should have sent me the receipy before I cut my Heather short last week.

In Amsterdam we drink main-ly Amstel:letme-at-em:Laughing
[/CENTER]

froach

Reply Wed 24 Mar, 2010 01:57 pm
@Pepijn Sweep,
I recommend arran blond as well, but nots tennents, yuk!

A belgian beer is only good if its brewed there, hoegaarden yum

ikurwa89

Reply Sat 27 Mar, 2010 02:33 am
@PhilosophyForum,
ikurwa... polish (just goggle it)

xD

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/25/2024 at 12:49:22