My method of inducing an out of body experience

  1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » Evangelism
  3. » My method of inducing an out of body experience

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Wed 17 Jun, 2009 01:25 am
Greetings I hope someone find this of interest

The mind or soul is definably separate from the physical brain



The Trigger of out of body experience

First lay down in a darkened room in a relaxing position. (Or sit)
Loosen your clothing and remove all jewellery.

Try to clear your mind and observe what I call eyelid visions
After a while, you may notice light patterns, peoples, animals colours etc etc

Enter the first phase of sleep but retain awareness

Wait until you begin to feel a vibration, like a swarm of bees

Try to move your body. If you are unable to move you have reached the the vital stage of hypnagogic or sleep paralysis

Now you might feel pressure on your body like being squeezed by a great hand

Let it happen, do not get afraid, the buzzing vibration might get more intense and louder. You have nothing to be scared about just give in to the coming experience

Imagine rolling out of your bed or flouting up to the ceiling if you like

And then , maybe that very night you might leave your body and find yourself floating below the ceiling looking down on your resting sleeping physical body,

Strange as it might seem you might be are of what your physical body and your ethereal body are experience at the same moment

Like any explorer you can explore further and future as you become more of an adept at leaving your body

Alan

[CENTER]
[/CENTER]
 
richrf
 
Reply Wed 17 Jun, 2009 07:43 am
@Alan McDougall,
Alan McDougall;69831 wrote:
Like any explorer you can explore further and future as you become more of an adept at leaving your body

Alan

[CENTER]
[/CENTER]


Hi Alan,

Thanks for sharing.

I have found that each person has developed their own set of skills (probably over many lifetimes), and some of these skills are pretty extraordinary, but people do not talk about them since they are very singular and would be considered strange to other people.

Also, I have found that when people try to copy other skills before they are ready, it may not be healthy. For example, an acrobat who studied his whole life may be able to do flips, but if I tried to do it without going through all of the necessary steps that the acrobat went through, I might break my neck. Smile

Whatever, I enjoy reading and hearing about other people's journey. Thanks.

Rich
 
Alan McDougall
 
Reply Wed 17 Jun, 2009 03:56 pm
@richrf,
richrf;69879 wrote:
Hi Alan,

Thanks for sharing.

I have found that each person has developed their own set of skills (probably over many lifetimes), and some of these skills are pretty extraordinary, but people do not talk about them since they are very singular and would be considered strange to other people.

Also, I have found that when people try to copy other skills before they are ready, it may not be healthy. For example, an acrobat who studied his whole life may be able to do flips, but if I tried to do it without going through all of the necessary steps that the acrobat went through, I might break my neck. Smile

Whatever, I enjoy reading and hearing about other people's journey. Thanks.

Rich


You may have a point there but I believe anyone can try OOOBE without any hurting themselves and yes some people like the late Robert Monroe were naturals in this field it is fascinating really.

Peace to you:)
 
richrf
 
Reply Wed 17 Jun, 2009 04:39 pm
@Alan McDougall,
Alan McDougall;69940 wrote:
You may have a point there but I believe anyone can try OOOBE without any hurting themselves and yes some people like the late Robert Monroe were naturals in this field it is fascinating really.

Peace to you:)


Hi,

As Itzhak Bentov pointed out, since the soul is forever evolving, there is really no rush Smile. I thought that was pretty incisive piece of information.

Take care,

Rich
 
memester
 
Reply Wed 17 Jun, 2009 06:05 pm
@richrf,
Oh yeah..but I never have the "swarm of bees" effect. It usually strarts out with a slipping feeling and then intense acceleration of a spinning feeling. from there it goes into the floating up. Once into darkness a zillion miles away in a flash...thatone had a voice commanding me to go on, but not in English.
however, I understood it.and refused, struggled to gain consciousness. My wife called my name, as she saw me struggling, and I awoke, with a "percussing" effect. As if I bounced back !


I had to stop it when I was young. I got frightened by the spnning feeling..my dad took me to the family quack and he gave me post hypnotic suggestion that it would stop, that it was only a weakness in the lens muscle of my eye...I had experienced twitching of the eyelid as a precursor to spinning.
It did stop for about 15 years until I decided to let it happen if it ever happened again..it happened again a few years later.

Normally, it is the dream of falling or slipping, that's the start if you do not wake in fear.
 
Alan McDougall
 
Reply Wed 17 Jun, 2009 06:57 pm
@memester,
memester;69967 wrote:
Oh yeah..but I never have the "swarm of bees" effect. It usually strarts out with a slipping feeling and then intense acceleration of a spinning feeling. from there it goes into the floating up. Once into darkness a zillion miles away in a flash...thatone had a voice commanding me to go on, but not in English.
however, I understood it.and refused, struggled to gain consciousness. My wife called my name, as she saw me struggling, and I awoke, with a "percussing" effect. As if I bounced back !


I had to stop it when I was young. I got frightened by the spnning feeling..my dad took me to the family quack and he gave me post hypnotic suggestion that it would stop, that it was only a weakness in the lens muscle of my eye...I had experienced twitching of the eyelid as a precursor to spinning.
It did stop for about 15 years until I decided to let it happen if it ever happened again..it happened again a few years later.

Normally, it is the dream of falling or slipping, that's the start if you do not wake in fear.


Buzzing or spinning each of us describe the sleep paralysis stage a little differently, you should have just relaxed and let the whole thing happen and you would have had a very interesting experience. It is fear that prevents one from embracing this fascinating event
 
salima
 
Reply Wed 17 Jun, 2009 07:11 pm
@memester,
memester;69967 wrote:
Oh yeah..but I never have the "swarm of bees" effect. It usually strarts out with a slipping feeling and then intense acceleration of a spinning feeling. from there it goes into the floating up. Once into darkness a zillion miles away in a flash...thatone had a voice commanding me to go on, but not in English.
however, I understood it.and refused, struggled to gain consciousness. My wife called my name, as she saw me struggling, and I awoke, with a "percussing" effect. As if I bounced back !


I had to stop it when I was young. I got frightened by the spnning feeling..my dad took me to the family quack and he gave me post hypnotic suggestion that it would stop, that it was only a weakness in the lens muscle of my eye...I had experienced twitching of the eyelid as a precursor to spinning.
It did stop for about 15 years until I decided to let it happen if it ever happened again..it happened again a few years later.

Normally, it is the dream of falling or slipping, that's the start if you do not wake in fear.


damn! that happened to me once and i suddenly got the idea 'what if i cant come back' and i stopped it. never happened again.

but that miserable sleep paralysis happens to me, just did the other day, and i hope i remember to try your method, alan. i may have actually been doing it without realizing i was-but i cant lose the sensation of being stuck in my body but unable to move.

is there a difference when you think you are awake and sense yourself lying in your bed, seeing everything with eyes closed but unable to move, and when you sense yourself in a different position, maybe in a different room, and someone is calling you but you are paralyzed?
 
memester
 
Reply Wed 17 Jun, 2009 07:18 pm
@salima,
salima;69981 wrote:
damn! that happened to me once and i suddenly got the idea 'what if i cant come back' and i stopped it. never happened again.

but that miserable sleep paralysis happens to me, just did the other day, and i hope i remember to try your method, alan. i may have actually been doing it without realizing i was-but i cant lose the sensation of being stuck in my body but unable to move.

is there a difference when you think you are awake and sense yourself lying in your bed, seeing everything with eyes closed but unable to move, and when you sense yourself in a different position, maybe in a different room, and someone is calling you but you are paralyzed?
that pralysis happens to me at times...most often if I'm awakened by something like anoise that is reason to become fearful in some way..happened when I heard someone enter my apartment.
..I was awakened but couldn't move..fell back asleep, as always, but when I got up later..found it was the landlord and worker, who had changed the lock.
 
validity
 
Reply Wed 17 Jun, 2009 07:35 pm
@Alan McDougall,
Why is it that it can not be verified that the mind or soul actually spatially seperates from the brain? It would be very simple to prove this.

An alternative explanation, in light of lack of evidence to the contrary, could be that these states are lucid dreams or states of self hypnosis.

Perhaps my cynicism is a product of failure in inducing such an experience.
 
Alan McDougall
 
Reply Wed 17 Jun, 2009 10:01 pm
@validity,
validity;69986 wrote:
Why is it that it can not be verified that the mind or soul actually spatially seperates from the brain? It would be very simple to prove this.

An alternative explanation, in light of lack of evidence to the contrary, could be that these states are lucid dreams or states of self hypnosis.

Perhaps my cynicism is a product of failure in inducing such an experience.


Lucid dreaming is said to be another way of exploring remote places "Bruce Moen" has his method which is widely used and easier to explore other realms and realities is very interesting . He has written many books and gives lectures all over the USA and beyond, on the subject. He is not some silly cookoo but I serious investigator into this phenomenon. Nearly everyone has sleep paralysis during their lives and it is easy to progress from there to a full conscious out of body experience

I have been a long time member of his interesting forum(if you like the esoteric) "Afterlife Knowledge Forum" In fact I have obtained super member status there.
 
validity
 
Reply Wed 17 Jun, 2009 10:14 pm
@Alan McDougall,
Alan McDougall;70017 wrote:
Lucid dreaming is said to be another way of exploring remote places
Are you proposing that someone could lucid dream their mind or soul to Sydney Australia and read what I am writing on a note pad in say 10 hours time?
 
memester
 
Reply Wed 17 Jun, 2009 10:35 pm
@validity,
validity;69986 wrote:
Why is it that it can not be verified that the mind or soul actually spatially seperates from the brain? It would be very simple to prove this.

An alternative explanation, in light of lack of evidence to the contrary, could be that these states are lucid dreams or states of self hypnosis.

Perhaps my cynicism is a product of failure in inducing such an experience.
ever have a falling or slipping feeling when going to sleep ?
 
validity
 
Reply Wed 17 Jun, 2009 10:52 pm
@memester,
memester;70028 wrote:
ever have a falling or slipping feeling when going to sleep ?
Yes, I can recall such feelings. What conclusions are you suggesting be drawn from these feelings?
 
Alan McDougall
 
Reply Thu 18 Jun, 2009 02:54 am
@validity,
validity;70021 wrote:
Are you proposing that someone could lucid dream their mind or soul to Sydney Australia and read what I am writing on a note pad in say 10 hours time?


No of course not, but I often dream in vivid color events that are happening somewhere in the world, for instance I dreamt last night of a storm flooding low lying houses. This could be both symbolic or actual, I just keep my eye on the news to see how accurate my dream was.

I have never had a lucid dream, that I could direct to some place, and invade the privacy of someone. There seems to be a barrier against that type of thing

Peace
 
xris
 
Reply Thu 18 Jun, 2009 05:47 am
@Alan McDougall,
Has any one tried to prove they are actually leaving their body? Get your friend or whoever to place a card with one word on it where you can not see it but you would if you left your body.Now attempt to leave your body and report back your findings.They have tried this in hospitals,in the operating rooms to see if anyone had reported hidden messages after having OBEs, they had no success.
 
memester
 
Reply Thu 18 Jun, 2009 06:58 am
@xris,
xris;70057 wrote:
Has any one tried to prove they are actually leaving their body? Get your friend or whoever to place a card with one word on it where you can not see it but you would if you left your body.Now attempt to leave your body and report back your findings.They have tried this in hospitals,in the operating rooms to see if anyone had reported hidden messages after having OBEs, they had no success.
I've experience so many "in-between" states, that I'm convinced that there is no leaving the body.

As an example, I was being wakened at night and experiencing paralysis, and going back to sleep. I knew something was happening in my surrounds, but I couldn't wake. Next time, on suggestion by someone, I said a mantra and told myself to open my eyes. I then could open my eyes and go downstairs, even though I was so very tiiiiiirrrred. On the way downstairs to investigate some terrific banging going on , sounded like my front door, I realized that my feet were not touching the stairs.

So I then pushed against the low ceiling to make my feet touch the steps. Then I realized ..wait a minute..this is still somewhat OOBE state...and I looked down at my feet, and they were of course, sticking out from under the blanket, I was still in bed lying down. All the time I had actually been aware that I was not getting visual perception...I "thought" I was just too tired to really open my eyes...but sounds were clear and accurate, were the real sounds from the environment.

almost every time, hearing perception seems unaffected , it's the real sounds from the environment that I hear.

Just once, I did hear a voice. the first time I "let go" for the experience ..and it was terrifying to me ( although it wasn't threatening, I just couln't deal with that.)

It was in stages that I had come out of OOBE, so I think there' nothing more to it than shifting in brainwave patterns
 
Alan McDougall
 
Reply Thu 18 Jun, 2009 07:13 am
@memester,
[QUOTE=xris;70057]Has any one tried to prove they are actually leaving their body? Get your friend or whoever to place a card with one word on it where you can not see it but you would if you left your body.Now attempt to leave your body and report back your findings.They have tried this in hospitals,in the operating rooms to see if anyone had reported hidden messages after having OBEs, they had no success.[/QUOTE]

xris this has happened, but only which profoundly traumatised people who are a wisker from actual death. Many of them relate to their doctors exactly what they were doing and even the shape of surgical implements used

The case below illustrates the answer to your question xrix. Kevin Williams is a friend and has no gripe if we post info fromhis great near death website so long as he gets the cridit for the articles he has written

[CENTER] People Have NDEs While Brain Dead[/CENTER]
http://www.near-death.com/images/people/researchers/nde/michael_sabom.jpgDr. Michael Sabom is a cardiologist whose latest book, Light and Death, includes a detailed medical and scientific analysis of an amazing near-death experience of a woman named Pam Reynolds. She underwent a rare operation to remove a giant basilar artery aneurysm in her brain that threatened her life. The size and location of the aneurysm, however, precluded its safe removal using the standard neuro-surgical techniques. She was referred to a doctor who had pioneered a daring surgical procedure known as hypothermic cardiac arrest. It allowed Pam's aneurysm to be excised with a reasonable chance of success. This operation, nicknamed "standstill" by the doctors who perform it, required that Pam's body temperature be lowered to 60 degrees, her heartbeat and breathing stopped, her brain waves flattened, and the blood drained from her head. In everyday terms, she was put to death. After removing the aneurysm, she was restored to life.

During the time that Pam was in standstill, she experienced a NDE. Her remarkably detailed veridical out-of-body observations during her surgery were later verified to be very accurate. This case is considered to be one of the strongest cases of veridical evidence in NDE research because of her ability to describe the unique surgical instruments and procedures used and her ability to describe in detail these events while she was clinically and brain dead.
http://www.near-death.com/images/graphics/hospital/equipment/midas_rex.jpgWhen all of Pam's vital signs were stopped, the doctor turned on a surgical saw and began to cut through Pam's skull. While this was going on, Pam reported that she felt herself "pop" outside her body and hover above the operating table.

Then she watched the doctors working on her lifeless body for awhile. From her out-of-body position, she observed the doctor sawing into her skull with what looked to her like an electric toothbrush. Pam heard and reported later what the nurses in the operating room had said and exactly what was happening during the operation. At this time, every monitor attached to Pam's body registered "no life" whatsoever. At some point, Pam's consciousness floated out of the operating room and traveled down a tunnel which had a light at the end of it where her deceased relatives and friends were waiting including her long-dead grandmother. Pam's NDE ended when her deceased uncle led her back to her body for her to reentered it. Pam compared the feeling of reentering her dead body to "plunging into a pool of ice." The following is Pam Reynolds' account of her NDE in her own words.
Pam Reynolds' NDE
http://www.near-death.com/images/people/experiencers/pam_reynolds.jpgThe next thing I recall was the sound: It was a Natural "D." As I listened to the sound, I felt it was pulling me out of the top of my head. The further out of my body I got, the more clear the tone became. I had the impression it was like a road, a frequency that you go on ... I remember seeing several things in the operating room when I was looking down. It was the most aware that I think that I have ever been in my entire life ...I was metaphorically sitting on [the doctor's] shoulder. It was not like normal vision. It was brighter and more focused and clearer than normal vision ... There was so much in the operating room that I didn't recognize, and so many people.
I thought the way they had my head shaved was very peculiar. I expected them to take all of the hair, but they did not ...
http://www.near-death.com/images/graphics/hospital/equipment/surgery_tools2.jpgThe saw-thing that I hated the sound of looked like an electric toothbrush and it had a dent in it, a groove at the top where the saw appeared to go into the handle, but it didn't ... And the saw had interchangeable blades, too, but these blades were in what looked like a socket wrench case ... I heard the saw crank up. I didn't see them use it on my head, but I think I heard it being used on something. It was humming at a relatively high pitch and then all of a sudden it went Brrrrrrrrr! like that.

Someone said something about my veins and arteries being very small. I believe it was a female voice and that it was Dr. Murray, but I'm not sure. She was the cardiologist. I remember thinking that I should have told her about that ... I remember the heart-lung machine. I didn't like the respirator ... I remember a lot of tools and instruments that I did not readily recognize.

There was a sensation like being pulled, but not against your will. I was going on my own accord because I wanted to go. I have different metaphors to try to explain this. It was like the Wizard of Oz - being taken up in a tornado vortex, only you're not spinning around like you've got vertigo. You're very focused and you have a place to go. The feeling was like going up in an elevator real fast. And there was a sensation, but it wasn't a bodily, physical sensation. It was like a tunnel but it wasn't a tunnel.

At some point very early in the tunnel vortex I became aware of my grandmother calling me. But I didn't hear her call me with my ears ... It was a clearer hearing than with my ears. I trust that sense more than I trust my own ears.

The feeling was that she wanted me to come to her, so I continued with no fear down the shaft. It's a dark shaft that I went through, and at the very end there was this very little tiny pinpoint of light that kept getting bigger and bigger and bigger.

The light was incredibly bright, like sitting in the middle of a light bulb. It was so bright that I put my hands in front of my face fully expecting to see them and I could not. But I knew they were there. Not from a sense of touch. Again, it's terribly hard to explain, but I knew they were there ...

I noticed that as I began to discern different figures in the light - and they were all covered with light, they were light, and had light permeating all around them - they began to form shapes I could recognize and understand. I could see that one of them was my grandmother. I don't know if it was reality or a projection, but I would know my grandmother, the sound of her, anytime, anywhere.

Everyone I saw, looking back on it, fit perfectly into my understanding of what that person looked like at their best during their lives.
I recognized a lot of people. My uncle Gene was there. So was my great-great-Aunt Maggie, who was really a cousin. On Papa's side of the family, my grandfather was there ... They were specifically taking care of me, looking after me.

They would not permit me to go further ... It was communicated to me - that's the best way I know how to say it, because they didn't speak like I'm speaking - that if I went all the way into the light something would happen to me physically. They would be unable to put this me back into the body me, like I had gone too far and they couldn't reconnect. So they wouldn't let me go anywhere or do anything.

I wanted to go into the light, but I also wanted to come back. I had children to be reared. It was like watching a movie on fast-forward on your VCR: You get the general idea, but the individual freeze-frames are not slow enough to get detail.

Then they [deceased relatives] were feeding me. They were not doing this through my mouth, like with food, but they were nourishing me with something. The only way I know how to put it is something sparkly. Sparkles is the image that I get. I definitely recall the sensation of being nurtured and being fed and being made strong. I know it sounds funny, because obviously it wasn't a physical thing, but inside the experience I felt physically strong, ready for whatever.
http://www.near-death.com/images/graphics/diagrams/angiogram_pam_reynolds.jpgMy grandmother didn't take me back through the tunnel, or even send me back or ask me to go. She just looked up at me. I expected to go with her, but it was communicated to me that she just didn't think she would do that. My uncle said he would do it. He's the one who took me back through the end of the tunnel. Everything was fine. I did want to go.

But then I got to the end of it and saw the thing, my body. I didn't want to get into it ... It looked terrible, like a train wreck. It looked like what it was: dead. I believe it was covered. It scared me and I didn't want to look at it.

It was communicated to me that it was like jumping into a swimming pool. No problem, just jump right into the swimming pool. I didn't want to, but I guess I was late or something because he [the uncle] pushed me. I felt a definite repelling and at the same time a pulling from the body. The body was pulling and the tunnel was pushing ... It was like diving into a pool of ice water ... It hurt!

When I came back, they were playing Hotel California and the line was "You can check out anytime you like, but you can never leave." I mentioned [later] to Dr. Brown that that was incredibly insensitive and he told me that I needed to sleep more. [laughter] When I regained consciousness, I was still on the respirator.

For practical purposes outside the world of academic debate, three clinical tests commonly determine brain death. First, a standard electroencephalogram, or EEG, measures brain-wave activity. A "flat" EEG denotes non-function of the cerebral cortex - the outer shell of the cerebrum. Second, auditory evoked potentials, similar to those [clicks] elicited by the ear speakers in Pam's surgery, measure brain-stem viability. Absence of these potentials indicates non-function of the brain stem. And third, documentation of no blood flow to the brain is a marker for a generalized absence of brain function.

But during "standstill", Pam's brain was found "dead" by all three clinical tests - her electroencephalogram was silent, her brain-stem response was absent, and no blood flowed through her brain. Interestingly, while in this state, she encountered the "deepest" NDE of all Atlanta Study participants.
Some scientists theorize that NDEs are produced by brain chemistry. But, Dr. Peter Fenwick, a neuropsychiatrist and the leading authority in Britain concerning NDEs, believes that these theories fall far short of the facts. In the documentary, "Into the Unknown: Strange But True," Dr. Fenwick describes the state of the brain during a NDE:
[CENTER] "The brain isn't functioning. It's not there. It's destroyed. It's abnormal. But, yet, it can produce these very clear experiences ... an unconscious state is when the brain ceases to function. For example, if you faint, you fall to the floor, you don't know what's happening and the brain isn't working. The memory systems are particularly sensitive to unconsciousness. So, you won't remember anything. But, yet, after one of these experiences [a NDE], you come out with clear, lucid memories ... This is a real puzzle for science. I have not yet seen any good scientific explanation which can explain that fact."

[/CENTER]
"The modern tradition of equating death with an ensuing nothingness can be abandoned. For there is no reason to believe that human death severs the quality of the oneness in the universe." - Larry Dossey, MD
[CENTER]
[/CENTER]
Near-Death Experiences & the Afterlife

 
xris
 
Reply Thu 18 Jun, 2009 09:28 am
@memester,
The trouble is Alan i have read books on subjects believing i could trust the validity, only to be told a while later that the circumstances where not exactly as was reported.I'm not saying it is in this case but why is it not hailed by those who oppose this notion as a prime reason one way or the other.We can only ever point to an example if it has been scrutinised by others who have an open mind and i mean an open mind.
I can only ever trust my own experiences, just like you Alan.We must be aware of hoaxes as they can distort the truth.
Science does not give it much credence so the efforts up until now,very little, are very inconclusive.
 
validity
 
Reply Thu 18 Jun, 2009 04:46 pm
@xris,
Alan McDougall;70040 wrote:
I have never had a lucid dream, that I could direct to some place, and invade the privacy of someone. There seems to be a barrier against that type of thing


There is no privacy issue if I am inviting you to do so.

Hang on, if there is a barrier stopping you, while lucid dreaming from reading something I have written, how does a patient observe the surgeons perfoming an operation on her? In the example you provided there was no mention of each person in the room having to provide consent for this lady to see what everyone was doing ie did the anesthetist give consent to be spied on by an OOBE if they did not then you are saying that some barrier prevents breech of privacy. According to your "barrier hypothesis", this lady should never have been able to invade the privacy of the people in the room....
 
Alan McDougall
 
Reply Thu 18 Jun, 2009 08:37 pm
@validity,
validity;70178 wrote:
There is no privacy issue if I am inviting you to do so.

Hang on, if there is a barrier stopping you, while lucid dreaming from reading something I have written, how does a patient observe the surgeons perfoming an operation on her? In the example you provided there was no mention of each person in the room having to provide consent for this lady to see what everyone was doing ie did the anesthetist give consent to be spied on by an OOBE if they did not then you are saying that some barrier prevents breech of privacy. According to your "barrier hypothesis", this lady should never have been able to invade the privacy of the people in the room....


I don't know and I am not an expert in this thing, mostly it happened spontaneously especially when I am tired or sleep deprived.

Her experience was much more profound than anything I or most others have experienced, for all purposes she was really clinically dead.Anyway what privacy was she invading?
 
 

 
  1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » Evangelism
  3. » My method of inducing an out of body experience
Copyright © 2019 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 03/25/2019 at 10:58:02