A Logical Theory about the Christian god

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Alan McDougall
 
Reply Tue 19 May, 2009 02:29 pm
@Eudaimon,
Eudaimon wrote:
I have just posted this some time ago but I shall repeat: God's existence equals to his non-existence for us. That is if he exists and is perfect, then he has no concerns about human life. Otherwise it would be possible for man to do harm for him through disobedience e.g.; and if it is possible to do him harm he is not perfect, rather kind of more powerful organism like alien.
Alan, I hope thou art aware that thy experiences in clinical death may seem for others to be just hallucinations.
And the fact that very few remain atheists in trenches shows only that they were not real atheists earlier, that is they used "atheism" for other goals (e,g, political). Fear is not a good argument of belief. It is easy to die peacefully without belief. I am recalling Epicurus.


But respectfully that remains just your understanding and your perception of an Infinite Being

God is neither perfect or imperfect and his creation is proof of that. We need a universe of dualities to exercise our free will

God simply put is that which

"IS"

For a finite entity like we humans it is more preposterous for us to say what god is and what god is not, than a cockroach to debate human astrophysics

My near death experience of which I know much more about than you do "Was not a hallucination of any kind"

Hallucinations are confused and meaningless.

How am I so sure my NDE was not an hallucination, because I have both hallucinated and had a profound NDE the difference between the two events was like comparing one to infinity
 
Kaynafshar
 
Reply Tue 19 May, 2009 06:01 pm
@Eudaimon,
Eudaimon wrote:
I have just posted this some time ago but I shall repeat: God's existence equals to his non-existence for us. That is if he exists and is perfect, then he has no concerns about human life. Otherwise it would be possible for man to do harm for him through disobedience e.g.; and if it is possible to do him harm he is not perfect, rather kind of more powerful organism like alien.
Alan, I hope thou art aware that thy experiences in clinical death may seem for others to be just hallucinations.
And the fact that very few remain atheists in trenches shows only that they were not real atheists earlier, that is they used "atheism" for other goals (e,g, political). Fear is not a good argument of belief. It is easy to die peacefully without belief. I am recalling Epicurus.


what is perfect? can you really define something as perfect when we ourselves are so far from it? whos to say your view of perfect is the correct one?

---------- Post added at 08:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:01 PM ----------

Eudaimon wrote:
Kaynafshar, what for do we need to believe? Is not the very idea of god only heritage from past generations? Nowadays we can explain the world through science and do not need to be afraid of any "gods". It is stupid to establish morality on uncertain things like god etc., but if ethics needs not god, what for should we belive? By the way, what dost thou mean by "God"?


By God I am reffering to our devine creator, and what I believe is the only God. An all "perfect" being, an answer to unanswerable questions, and something that calls to my heart which i cannot explain.
 
Krumple
 
Reply Tue 19 May, 2009 06:10 pm
@JeffD2,
Quote:
y God I am reffering to our devine creator, and what I believe is the only God.


This statement always makes me laugh because you are in complete denial that billions came before you and made the same claim, except they were referring to Zeus, Poseidon, Apollo, ect. ect. ect.
 
Kaynafshar
 
Reply Tue 19 May, 2009 06:11 pm
@Krumple,
Krumple wrote:
I can ask the same about your god. There is just as much evidence about flying pink elephants as there is for your god.


Mircals. Our God has proven himself many times over to thos who did not believe in my opinion. Even things today such as the unchanged Qhoran, Wonders of nature on earth, an incomprehensible space, etc. and when you apply a figure such as a "Flyin Pink Elephant", you are still referring this "elephant" as God. so giving God a different image just as a mockery doesnt seem like a very good basis for an arguemnt to me.

---------- Post added at 08:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:11 PM ----------

Krumple wrote:
This statement always makes me laugh because you are in complete denial that billions came before you and made the same claim, except they were referring to Zeus, Poseidon, Apollo, ect. ect. ect.


and you assume thos were the only people on earth that had a belief? thats one small group of people out of the entire world. and sort of grounds for their belief did they have? just look at the Qhoran. it told that the world revolved around the sun hundreds of years before Galileo or Copernicus. and on top of that was written by an illiterate man.
 
Eudaimon
 
Reply Wed 20 May, 2009 12:25 am
@Kaynafshar,
Alan McDougall wrote:
My near death experience of which I know much more about than you do "Was not a hallucination of any kind"

Hallucinations are confused and meaningless.

How am I so sure my NDE was not an hallucination, because I have both hallucinated and had a profound NDE the difference between the two events was like comparing one to infinity

Well, Alan, but thine experiences surely cannot prove me or someone else that god exists. Frankly speaking I don't need god.
One remark: art thou not sinner? Why god should love thee and hate Hitler?

Kaynafshar wrote:
what is perfect? can you really define something as perfect when we ourselves are so far from it? whos to say your view of perfect is the correct one?
By God I am reffering to our devine creator, and what I believe is the only God. An all "perfect" being, an answer to unanswerable questions, and something that calls to my heart which i cannot explain.

I suppose perfect is something that can't be damaged. If god suffers from our deeds than he is not god. At least not perfect god.
And what is divine creator? Who told thee there is such thing? If I decide to have a child, I shall be his creator.
Kaynafshar wrote:
Mircals. Our God has proven himself many times over to thos who did not believe in my opinion. Even things today such as the unchanged Qhoran, Wonders of nature on earth, an incomprehensible space...
and you assume thos were the only people on earth that had a belief? thats one small group of people out of the entire world. and sort of grounds for their belief did they have? just look at the Qhoran. it told that the world revolved around the sun hundreds of years before Galileo or Copernicus. and on top of that was written by an illiterate man.

First of all miracles are not proofs. If they really take place that indicates only how little we know about nature. "If not only 2000 years ago a man had resurrected from coffin and ascended to heaven, but now, before my eyes, and taught me from there that 2x2 is not 4, I should not believe him." Leo Tolstoy.
By the way, ideas we ascribe to Copernicus or Galileo were experessed in Ancient Greece.
 
Alan McDougall
 
Reply Wed 20 May, 2009 07:12 am
@Eudaimon,
Quote:
quote=Eudaimon;63984Well, Alan, but thine experiences surely cannot prove me or someone else that god exists. Frankly speaking I don't need god.

One remark: art thou not sinner? Why god should love thee and hate Hitler?

Why all the thine, thee, and thou's? I think you should start a new religion, due to the fact, that within your great mind, "resides all truth and all knowledge lord Eudaimon" (just kidding) Smile

I can assure you add my near death experience made me realize that god is not the god of any religion "God is the God you simply wont expect" when you kick the bucket

God is unity
 
 

 
Copyright © 2019 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 06/16/2019 at 07:59:40