Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

kennethamy

Reply Wed 21 Apr, 2010 06:20 am
@jeeprs,
jeeprs;154744 wrote:
Q: What do you call a Greek skydiver.

A: Con Descending.

Somehow it reminds me of our conversations :bigsmile:

I wasn't meaning to knock Reconstructo. True, there are posts of his I can't understand, but I always like the spirit in which he writes them, and he is not afraid to boldly go where others won't, as opposed to just taking potshots at other people's ideas to make himself look good (not saying that you do that) while having no positive contributions to make of their own.

But the spirit is not the letter. In fact, there is no letter. How can his contributions be positive (or negative) unless they make sense?

TuringEquivalent

Reply Wed 21 Apr, 2010 06:47 am
@kennethamy,
It is the same mentality of people that vote for Bush. Bush is a ******* retard, but people like him. This is why America is going to ******* hell.

kennethamy

Reply Wed 21 Apr, 2010 06:58 am
@TuringEquivalent,
TuringEquivalent;154817 wrote:
It is the same mentality of people that vote for Bush. Bush is a ******* retard, but people like him. This is why America is going to ******* hell.

Same mentality as what? Just to let you know, I voted for Bush twice, and I am glad I did. I would have again, if I could have done so.

TuringEquivalent

Reply Wed 21 Apr, 2010 07:01 am
@kennethamy,
Code:
kennethamy;154821 wrote:
Same mentality as what? Just to let you know, I voted for Bush twice, and I am glad I did. I would have again, if I could have done so.

The mentality of honoring morons is a disease in America.

kennethamy

Reply Wed 21 Apr, 2010 07:38 am
@TuringEquivalent,
TuringEquivalent;154822 wrote:
The mentality of honoring morons is a disease in America.

It may also be a disease in Norway. You are just engaged in the sport of Bush bashing, and America bashing, that some uninformed people like to play. Apparently, it makes them giddy.

TuringEquivalent

Reply Wed 21 Apr, 2010 08:07 am
@kennethamy,
kennethamy;154840 wrote:
It may also be a disease in Norway. You are just engaged in the sport of Bush bashing, and America bashing, that some uninformed people like to play. Apparently, it makes them giddy.

You can`t say you are informed if you are wrong. Bush is indeed a ******* moron, and people did indeed voted for this moron to office. I don` t have any good things to say about the republicans, or bush, but it does not mean it is not true.

kennethamy

Reply Wed 21 Apr, 2010 08:16 am
@TuringEquivalent,
TuringEquivalent;154852 wrote:
You can`t say you are informed if you are wrong. Bush is indeed a ******* moron, and people did indeed voted for this moron to office. I don` t have any good things to say about the republicans, or bush, but it does not mean it is not true.

What is true? That in your opinion, Bush was a moron, and America likes morons. That is true. But why should anyone care about what your opinion is?

TuringEquivalent

Reply Wed 21 Apr, 2010 08:33 am
@kennethamy,
kennethamy;154854 wrote:
What is true? That in your opinion, Bush was a moron, and America likes morons. That is true. But why should anyone care about what your opinion is?

I don` t think i am stating an opinion at all. I think i am stating a statement of fact. I guess "moron" is a relative term. If the mean iq score is a 100, i think morons would score in the 70s. To be fair, i also use "moron" to express "uninformed, uneducated person who makes bad judgments, consistently". It is in this latter sense that i apply this predication to bush.

kennethamy

Reply Wed 21 Apr, 2010 08:44 am
@TuringEquivalent,
TuringEquivalent;154858 wrote:
I don` t think i am stating an opinion at all. I think i am stating a statement of fact. I guess "moron" is a relative term. If the mean iq score is a 100, i think morons would score in the 70s. To be fair, i also use "moron" to express "uninformed, uneducated person who makes bad judgments, consistently". It is in this latter sense that i apply this predication to bush.

Well, apparently, a lot of Americans did not think so. But I suppose that will only reinforce your opinion that American (except those who voted for Obama) are also morons. But, some who voted for Bush also voted for Obama, and that has to be reconciled. Anyway, I am happy to say that I was not one of that group.

TuringEquivalent

Reply Wed 21 Apr, 2010 10:19 am
@kennethamy,
kennethamy;154863 wrote:
Well, apparently, a lot of Americans did not think so..

I suppose most of those are Christian fundamentalists, and Republicans. I can` t say i have any good things to tell you about them. In fact, i think most of those people are morons.

Reconstructo

Reply Wed 21 Apr, 2010 12:57 pm
@TuringEquivalent,
No doubt there is "nonsense" in the world, but there is perhaps even more mental sloth, and oh how self-flattering it is to pretend that what is difficult must be nonsense.
If a person fails to understand a message, they can say nothing more (logically) than that it doesn't make sense. They can't understand it. So that's what an accusation of nonsense boils down to. "I don't understand your expression, for whatever reason." An honest friendly response is a simple statement of this. Instead we find certain little people making a grand noise about their somehow virtuous failure to comprehend. As if this failure could not be theirs.

Cheers!

kennethamy

Reply Wed 21 Apr, 2010 01:12 pm
@TuringEquivalent,
TuringEquivalent;154885 wrote:
I suppose most of those are Christian fundamentalists, and Republicans. I can` t say i have any good things to tell you about them. In fact, i think most of those people are morons.

I suppose you know them all, then. People who disagree with you politically are morons, then. Interesting.

Reconstructo

Reply Wed 21 Apr, 2010 01:20 pm
@TuringEquivalent,
It amuses me that my posts are read by those whose posts I do not read, and do not even see. It proves my point, that they can thrive only as parasites on the creativity and enthusiasm of others. Party on, my fleas!:Glasses:

kennethamy

Reply Wed 21 Apr, 2010 01:22 pm
@Reconstructo,
Reconstructo;154941 wrote:
It amuses me that my posts are read by those whose posts I do not read. It proves my point, that they can thrive only as parasites on the creativity and enthusiasm of others.

You consider that a proof? Shows how deficient is your ability to reason.
Hell, I read the backs of cereal boxes too.

TuringEquivalent

Reply Wed 21 Apr, 2010 06:53 pm
@kennethamy,
kennethamy;154936 wrote:
I suppose you know them all, then. People who disagree with you politically are morons, then. Interesting.

I suppose some of them are just misguided.

kennethamy

Reply Wed 21 Apr, 2010 07:02 pm
@TuringEquivalent,
TuringEquivalent;155044 wrote:
I suppose some of them are just misguided.

Misguided morons, no doubt.

jeeprs

Reply Wed 21 Apr, 2010 11:12 pm
@kennethamy,
kennethamy;154942 wrote:

Hell, I read the backs of cereal boxes too.

Careful about giving away all your secrets.......

Reconstructo

Reply Thu 22 Apr, 2010 05:49 pm
@TuringEquivalent,
Philosophy was at first a necessity for me. I was on this planet after all. At some point, I ironed out the basic ethical questions, married an amazing woman, etc. At some point, it was not a necessity but a privilege, not a task but a deep delight. I found myself reading philosophy instead of literature, Kojeve instead of Dostoevsky, etc. Philosophy has enriched my "being." Philosophy has increased the turning radius of my mind.

I find it embarrassing when I come across certain poses. I see little half-men swollen up with imaginary social significance, the heroes of "critical thinking," teacher's pet, etc. In the end we are dealing with one more voter. One more actor that struts and frets their hour upon the stage.

The "real" world doesn't need you, boys. The Republican party doesn't need you. The weapons manufactures don't need you. The farmers don't need you. What is more ironic than rhetoric that mistakes itself for anti-rhetoric? What is more absurd than the presentation of "credentials" for critical thinking? The same old bunch of idolaters. The same line of zeroes behind some borrowed phallic One. They quote as if from scripture, assure us of their intellectual documentation, which they cling to, if these documents are not fiction, like the bones of dead saints.

I prefer to love books, and also the great minds that assembled them. Dead men are not authorities but influences. Each man must build his own house. What absurdity and masochism it is to interpret beauty as a refutation.....

TuringEquivalent

Reply Thu 22 Apr, 2010 11:59 pm
@Reconstructo,
Quote:
I find it embarrassing when I come across certain poses. I see little half-men swollen up with imaginary social significance,

This remind me of some one

:bigsmile:

kennethamy

Reply Fri 23 Apr, 2010 01:10 am
@TuringEquivalent,
TuringEquivalent;155550 wrote:
This remind me of some one

:bigsmile:

Walt Whitman? ..........

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.04 seconds on 04/25/2024 at 03:39:27