Defense of Freewill Against Determinism

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Arjuna

Reply Fri 9 Jul, 2010 10:48 am
@Pepijn Sweep,
Pepijn Sweep wrote:

Most books are written by men to get a message across. Some of them were not free thinkers but clearly obsessed. Explaining your thoughts without getting of track is difficult. I really do not know why everything has to be black and white in live... I do not think determinism or free will do justice to the complexity of Creation. Wether "God" exsists or not; may-be She is dead or un-born.
Not to worry, my friend. The word God can mean All That Is.

The concept is common, but paradoxical because it implies a vantage point on All. As Aristotle helped us to realize: it's good to be careful building a logical castle on a paradox. We set up house-keeping in the castle and then forget... we never really understood.

ughaibu

Reply Fri 9 Jul, 2010 10:51 am
@Fil Albuquerque,
Fil Albuquerque wrote:
Well can you give any account at all to the nature of Randomness ???
That I would like to see...
You've seen it. I've demonstrated to you that your behaviour is mathematically random, which means that it is incompatible with realism about determinism, but is intentional, which means it is not random in any sense which would threaten free will. What the fuck is meant to be interesting about this? Are you too stupid to understand or are you too committed to your irrational denial? I dont give a fuck, as I just said, I'm interested in the psychology. Either you wax honest about your real motives for denial or I have no interest in your position on this matter.

Fil Albuquerque

Reply Fri 9 Jul, 2010 11:07 am
@ughaibu,
I´m telling you, I am not !!!
I don´t even have a good relation with priests and the sorts...I don´t have patience for the fabula tales that they sell around to the people...of course I was brought up in western culture...there are influences to us all...but that´s just it.

My closest concept to GOD is Mathematical in nature...Unity !

Arjuna

Reply Fri 9 Jul, 2010 11:09 am
@ughaibu,
The meaning of the word random is opposed to what we understand by volition. Intention refers to the source itself of the event.

Bottom line: everything we know in terms of past, present and future events is that the are all interrelated. Any one event testifies to its source... it's source is wrapped up within it.

You can't have free will... but you can identify with the source of the present event, that's all. Freedom signifies that the whole itself is not related to anything else.

Fil Albuquerque

Reply Fri 9 Jul, 2010 11:12 am
@ughaibu,
Intention does not account for how action is brought up...that´s just were you fail soundly !!! Take the fuck´s and the likes somewhere else will you...and I am the irrational one ?!?

Fil Albuquerque

Reply Fri 9 Jul, 2010 11:14 am
@Arjuna,
But of course...what else ??? Cool

ughaibu

Reply Fri 9 Jul, 2010 11:26 am
@Arjuna,
Arjuna wrote:
The meaning of the word random is opposed to what we understand by volition.
This isn't just false, it's easily demonstrably false and has been demonstrated to be false on this site and in this very thread, probably more than once. Why do you make false claims?

Fil Albuquerque

Reply Fri 9 Jul, 2010 11:29 am
@ughaibu,
I must change my glasses quickly... Mr. Green
care to point me to it ???

ughaibu

Reply Fri 9 Jul, 2010 11:31 am
@Fil Albuquerque,
Fil Albuquerque wrote:
Intention does not account for how action is brought up...that´s just were you fail soundly !!!
Of course it doesn't account for it, because the kind of account that you're looking for is limited to models which are deterministically or probabilistically algorithmic. Freely willed actions are neither determined nor a matter of probability, give me an example of a set of statements which accounts, in whatever manner you'd find satisfactory, for an event which is neither determined nor a matter of chance.

ughaibu

Reply Fri 9 Jul, 2010 11:32 am
@Fil Albuquerque,
Fil Albuquerque wrote:

I must change my glasses quickly... Mr. Green
care to point me to it ???
You must be fucking joking.

Fil Albuquerque

Reply Fri 9 Jul, 2010 11:35 am
@ughaibu,
Just what exactly "free willed" actions are a matter of, huh ???
You probably should be publishing a paper right now Obihan Kenobi !!! Drunk

Pepijn Sweep

Reply Fri 9 Jul, 2010 11:40 am
@Fil Albuquerque,
Al-Buq is getting funny ... Looks like a bug in his programming. Mr. Green Not Equal Drunk

Fil Albuquerque

Reply Fri 9 Jul, 2010 11:41 am
Either you objectively account for what brings action into place or you don´t !!! Random does n´t account for any sort of decent explanation on HOW it happens !...

Fil Albuquerque

Reply Fri 9 Jul, 2010 11:43 am
@Pepijn Sweep,
Hi there Pepijn ! I must, I must...its the "FORCE"(Star Wars sort of free will...), its hitting me !... Shocked

Pepijn Sweep

Reply Fri 9 Jul, 2010 11:47 am
@Fil Albuquerque,
N-YoY Mr. Green Not Equal Drunk

ughaibu

Reply Fri 9 Jul, 2010 11:48 am
@Fil Albuquerque,
Fil Albuquerque wrote:
Either you objectively account for what brings action into place or you don´t !!! Random does n´t account for any sort of decent explanation on HOW it happens !...
As far as I can tell, your denial of free will is based on a belief that human beings can understand, and algorithmically explain, all features of the world. Such a stance is false, and as a student of scientific education you should know that. Explain these two things:
1) how how-questions can be answered without appeal to algorithmic models which reduce to determinism or chance
2) what grounds there are for believing that any particular animal has access to full explanations of the world within which it finds itself, and that humans are an example of animals to which explanatory completeness is available.

Fil Albuquerque

Reply Fri 9 Jul, 2010 11:53 am
@ughaibu,
Were did I said that I can prove Completeness ??? I empathise with the concept, just that ! Shhhh...
On the other hand I am still waiting for your enlightened explanation...(please address it politely, as so far I am being respectful to you.)

Pepijn Sweep

Reply Fri 9 Jul, 2010 11:55 am
@ughaibu,
If you can imagion to know it All a lot is possible, even QM behaviorism ... 2 Cents

ughaibu

Reply Fri 9 Jul, 2010 11:56 am
@Fil Albuquerque,
Fil Albuquerque wrote:

Were did I said that I can prove Completeness ??? I empathise with the concept, just that ! Shhhh...
On the other hand I am still waiting for your enlightened explanation...(please address it politely, as so far I am being respectful to you.)
Are you utterly fucking braindead?

Pepijn Sweep

Reply Fri 9 Jul, 2010 11:57 am
@ughaibu,
NO Surprised /
Told U about the All-Bucq Question Rolling Eyes

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/03/2024 at 05:40:14