On The Contrast Between Appearance And Reality

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

north

Reply Mon 15 Mar, 2010 02:32 pm
@prothero,
prothero;135667 wrote:
Well everyone likes to be agreed with. But somehow, from your other entries, I think you might misinterpret what I meant to say. Creativity itself is a purpose, THE purpose.

yet if that is true , why then can life not exist on every macro mass ? such as some planets and moons

pagan

Reply Mon 15 Mar, 2010 06:40 pm
@longknowledge,
Quote:
longknowledge

What Ortega would reject is the concept that "space" constitutes a "reality" as a part of the radical reality that is my life. No one has ever seen "space". However, he would not reject the possibility that the hypothesis of "space" existing independent of the reality experienced by the person could be a useful tool to explain the phenomena we experience.
thankyou longknowledge. i suspected that was what he would say, but i didn't want to make assumptions.

With regards to space in the brain (sounds like a techno track) Smile, well yeh i did post a mad theory somewhere here that we create a psychic space bubble whenever we are conscious in order to preserve the scientific view lol i agree, the scientific explanation to space is often diversionary from its own subjective bias with regard to the existence of space in an 'objective' 'outer' context.

longknowledge

Reply Mon 15 Mar, 2010 09:11 pm
@pagan,
I was having nerve problems in my hands and feet so they took an MRI of my brain but they didn't find anything. LOL

kennethamy

Reply Mon 15 Mar, 2010 10:44 pm
@TuringEquivalent,
TuringEquivalent;139772 wrote:
Are you joking? I am the kind of person that do care how i know something.
I would guess if you don` t care how you know, then you probably don ` t know as much as you think.

I meant, of course, that how or whether I know that X exists is irrelevant to whether X exists. Not that knowledge doesn't matter.

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/08/2024 at 04:29:46