Tomorrow you will die.

1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » General Discussion
  3. » Tomorrow you will die.

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Sun 2 May, 2010 02:33 pm
Pretend the title is so. What now?

Are you going to change any routines you have?
Are you going to go out and 'start living'? (if what you're doing now isn't 'living', then why are you doing it?)
Are you going to be remembered?
Are you going to try to be remembered?
Are you going to pray?
Are you going to kill yourself?

Quantity of experience over quality? The reverse?

What are you going to do with your death sentence.

Pepijn Sweep

Reply Sun 2 May, 2010 02:44 pm
@mister kitten,
Gracie Grazie Gratie geven.

platorepublic

Reply Sun 2 May, 2010 03:45 pm
@mister kitten,
Holy **** I am going die tomorrow?

Since I don't love anybody (this is so sad, lol), there is nobody to talk to. That's fine - no strings attached.

Um I will definitely stop studying my chemistry. The rest of my day would be trying to get laid Smile

Pepijn Sweep

Reply Sun 2 May, 2010 04:00 pm
@platorepublic,
Why not die a Virgin =

ABYA

Reply Sun 2 May, 2010 05:09 pm
@Pepijn Sweep,
TOMORROW YOU WILL DIE

My first thought was :eek:, Then my second thought was :a-ok: Tomorrow never comes, Ha, bring on the future.

mister kitten

Reply Sun 2 May, 2010 06:08 pm
@ABYA,
ABYA;159421 wrote:
TOMORROW YOU WILL DIE

My first thought was :eek:, Then my second thought was :a-ok: Tomorrow never comes, Ha, bring on the future.

24 hours. You can bring a clock to countdown. Would you bring a clock?

William

Reply Sun 2 May, 2010 07:00 pm
@mister kitten,
mister kitten;159373 wrote:

Are you going to go out and 'start living'? (if what you're doing now isn't 'living', then why are you doing it?)
Are you going to pray?

Look forward to the day after tomorrow.

William

sometime sun

Reply Sun 2 May, 2010 07:23 pm
@William,
(I know i have not answered it yet and intend to) but;
Perahps a little more specific,
what do you think you would do with your last 24 hrs?

ABYA

Reply Sun 2 May, 2010 07:30 pm
@William,
Mister kitten wrote
Quote:

24 hours. You can bring a clock to countdown. Would you bring a clock?

Nope, but, I'd bring a girl with an hourglass figure.:devilish:

mister kitten

Reply Sun 2 May, 2010 07:57 pm
@sometime sun,
sometime sun;159453 wrote:
(I know i have not answered it yet and intend to) but;
Perahps a little more specific,
what do you think you would do with your last 24 hrs?

Is there a difference between what you think you would do and whatyou would actually do?

VideCorSpoon

Reply Sun 2 May, 2010 09:51 pm
@mister kitten,
mister kitten;159373 wrote:

Are you going to pray?

I'm going to learn how to say "i repent" in all the languages so if there are any surprises, I'll be prepared... sorta like that guy in The Mummy.

TickTockMan

Reply Sun 2 May, 2010 11:39 pm
@mister kitten,
mister kitten;159458 wrote:
Is there a difference between what you think you would do and whatyou would actually do?

This is an interesting question. I think a lot of people would be so busy freaking out about their impending death and taking care of those pesky "last minute details" that their time would slip away and be gone before they actually lived those last few moments.

As far as any off us know, we could die tomorrow.

I think that's why it's important to appreciate every moment we can.

And watch lots of sunsets.

platorepublic

Reply Mon 3 May, 2010 04:31 am
@Pepijn Sweep,
Pepijn Sweep;159404 wrote:
Why not die a Virgin =

Why would you want to do that?

Pepijn Sweep

Reply Mon 3 May, 2010 04:37 am
@platorepublic,
They say your closer to the Lord

Sevis

Reply Mon 3 May, 2010 06:00 am
@Pepijn Sweep,
If I would somehow know that I will certainly (or even merely likely) die tomorrow, I would notify the people I am close to, thank each for everything I feel they should be thanked for (starting with the person most important to me), then apologize to any I feel I should still apologize to, and then make any other comments or wishes. I would then decide on any final wishes I may have, and finally fix up some minor things that will make my death easier for others: make my computer less cryptic is all that comes to mind. Once all that is done, I would spend the rest of the time with a close friend or two as a good-bye party, but I wouldn't do anything I wouldn't do normally: probably no alcohol, even.

sometime sun

Reply Mon 3 May, 2010 10:28 am
@Sevis,
Sevis;159515 wrote:
If I would somehow know that I will certainly (or even merely likely) die tomorrow, I would notify the people I am close to, thank each for everything I feel they should be thanked for (starting with the person most important to me), then apologize to any I feel I should still apologize to, and then make any other comments or wishes. I would then decide on any final wishes I may have, and finally fix up some minor things that will make my death easier for others: make my computer less cryptic is all that comes to mind. Once all that is done, I would spend the rest of the time with a close friend or two as a good-bye party, but I wouldn't do anything I wouldn't do normally: probably no alcohol, even.

You say you would not have a drink but you may find you need one.
But in saying this if you have come to terms with it you would prefer a clear head. You would want to be aware of every last second if you weren't in total terror or denial.
I think i would prefer a clear a head, but then again i always wanted to try peyote so might just for the heck, magic and experience of it give it a go.

Pepijn Sweep

Reply Mon 3 May, 2010 11:36 am
@sometime sun,
sometime sun;159585 wrote:
You say you would not have a drink but you may find you need one.
But in saying this if you have come to terms with it you would prefer a clear head. You would want to be aware of every last second if you weren't in total terror or denial.
I think i would prefer a clear a head, but then again i always wanted to try peyote so might just for the heck, magic and experience of it give it a go.

Ik think I would drink ! My favourites... I would probably div:drinking:e in a bar, or with a vinho verde on the Costa Morte !
:devilish:Laughing

TickTockMan

Reply Mon 3 May, 2010 03:11 pm
@Sevis,
Sevis;159515 wrote:

So basically you'd spend your last few hours on earth doing chores. Why would you care if your computer is cryptic? You'll be dead!

Sevis

Reply Mon 3 May, 2010 03:17 pm
@TickTockMan,
TickTockMan;159655 wrote:
So basically you'd spend your last few hours on earth doing chores. Why would you care if your computer is cryptic? You'll be dead!

Because by spending a few hours doing chores I could make things much easier for those around me. I know my computer will go to a certain person, but that using it as it is would prove impossible for pretty much anyone but me: thus, I'd write up some instructions, change keyboard layout to qwerty, reset passwords to something simple, etc. The same logic is for apologizing and thanking: I do not want to make anyone who I thought well of to have to guess it.

Pepijn Sweep

Reply Mon 3 May, 2010 03:25 pm
@Sevis,
Sevis;159657 wrote:
Because by spending a few hours doing chores I could make things much easier for those around me. I know my computer will go to a certain person, but that using it as it is would prove impossible for pretty much anyone but me: thus, I'd write up some instructions, change keyboard layout to qwerty, reset passwords to something simple, etc. The same logic is for apologizing and thanking: I do not want to make anyone who I thought well of to have to guess it.

Much of Dutch morals comes from the Calvists, may be a fruitful life leads to acceptence of Death,:Glasses:

1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » General Discussion
  3. » Tomorrow you will die.
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/23/2024 at 11:13:34