Avoidance of Fate

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

salima

Reply Wed 5 May, 2010 09:58 am
@sometime sun,
you mean like the time i was driving somewhere and all of a sudden i was standing on the brakes with all my might to stop the car and not knowing how i got there, and when i came to the bottom of this big long hill there was a red traffic light and two guys on a motorcycle i almost killed. i didnt see them first and didnt choose to try to stop, i was just in the middle of this thing happening and i know it was real because the two guys were white as a sheet and didnt even swear at me before they collected their cool and drove off.

or is that an example of an out of body experience which i forgot, and something put me back in the body before i killed those guys? always wondered what that was...

sometime sun

Reply Wed 5 May, 2010 10:01 am
@HexHammer,
HexHammer;160411 wrote:
sometime sun

..it's sounds very supersticious to me. I can't bare to read anymore of your writings, I have to put you on ignore again.

If you ignore the superstiticious you may as well ignore 95% of the people here and in the entire world.

You really enjoy far to much trying, failing and succeeding to hurt me.

Any time you are willing to see me and not judge me i will be here waiting.

---------- Post added 05-05-2010 at 06:07 PM ----------

Superstition is also part of the theoretical fate i proposed.

Pepijn Sweep

Reply Wed 5 May, 2010 04:19 pm
@Pepijn Sweep,
Pepijn Sweep;160159 wrote:
Running does not help Dr Phil's of the World

Trust $ 5
:devilish:
Not...Laughing

sometime sun

Reply Wed 5 May, 2010 04:32 pm
@salima,
salima;160378 wrote:
trusting people who ultimately will deceive me...

i dont think it is a bad habit-maybe simple stupidity. or stubbornness? i keep wanting to believe in the bright side of things, the silver linings, and it seems as if i am doomed to the same experience. every time i think i am getting the right read, but never do. i hate to think i will miss out on the one golden nugget in the pile of crap...so i keep hoping.

maybe it is a curse rather than fate? voodoo hex?

How much of our fate is our openness or optimism of life?
How much of fate is living?
Is life the theoretical fate?
Where as death is ultimate biological fate.
Is our theoretical fate engineered by our theoretical design?
Can we engineer a theoretical design?
Can we engineer theoretical fate?
We know biological fate engineers us, does theoretical fate do this also?
Is fate theoretical or biological beyond our design?
Do we have any choice in the matter of either of our fates?
Does magic work because we have chosen to belive or because we have an inate superstition?
Can one theorise fate at all?
If not what would the word that best describes lifes fate (that which will not kill us)?
As i think biological fate describes ultimate fate (that which will kill us).

---------- Post added 05-05-2010 at 11:35 PM ----------

HexHammer;160386 wrote:
some are born with an inherent skeptesism.

How do you know this?

---------- Post added 05-05-2010 at 11:38 PM ----------

salima;160415 wrote:
you mean like the time i was driving somewhere and all of a sudden i was standing on the brakes with all my might to stop the car and not knowing how i got there, and when i came to the bottom of this big long hill there was a red traffic light and two guys on a motorcycle i almost killed. i didnt see them first and didnt choose to try to stop, i was just in the middle of this thing happening and i know it was real because the two guys were white as a sheet and didnt even swear at me before they collected their cool and drove off.

or is that an example of an out of body experience which i forgot, and something put me back in the body before i killed those guys? always wondered what that was...

Theoretical fate and biological fate in play?
How can it not be biological fate if you have killed someone at the same time being theoretical fate because you are still alive?
Can both fates mix?

(i think i am losing it a little)

sometime sun

Reply Thu 6 May, 2010 06:35 pm
@sometime sun,
This is a bloody good thread,
read it again,
and see if you cant grasp my last posts questions.

Fido

Reply Thu 6 May, 2010 07:46 pm
@kennethamy,
kennethamy;160146 wrote:
In the trivial sense of "fate" in which sense it would be logically impossible for what is fated not to occur, fate is certain to occur. I can be surprised that I have no money in my bank account, but the figures make it certain that there is no money in my account however surprised I may be. So I can be surprised even it is something is certain. For I may not know it is certan.

What Beowulf said makes better sense: Fate often saves an undoomed man if his courage is good...

Those people accepted fate as a force in their lives among many that with skill and courage they could often over come...Yes, in cases of Murder it did provide the opportunity to ask for mercy, and to give it; but few people simply surrendered to it... All of them recognized their power as few of us do... Just like them we are forced to carve our lives out of the future with the knife of hope... So what if the deck is stacked against us and the dice are loaded... We will find a way...Fate favors the brave...

sometime sun

Reply Thu 6 May, 2010 07:54 pm
@Fido,
Fido;161047 wrote:
What Beowulf said makes better sense: Fate often saves an undoomed man if his courage is good...

Those people accepted fate as a force in their lives among many that with skill and courage they could often over come...Yes, in cases of Murder it did provide the opportunity to ask for mercy, and to give it; but few people simply surrendered to it... All of them recognized their power as few of us do... Just like them we are forced to carve our lives out of the future with the knife of hope... So what if the deck is stacked against us and the dice are loaded... We will find a way...Fate favors the brave...

Fate as often does not save the doomed man even besides his courage being intackt.

(i have more to say on this post but will have to wait for tomorrow)

kennethamy

Reply Thu 6 May, 2010 07:59 pm
@Fido,
Fido;161047 wrote:

Your point is then? Remember, what we may believe is inevitable need not be. But if it really is, then there is no use in "kicking against the pricks". And before you smile, read this:

What does "kick against the pricks" mean?

salima

Reply Fri 7 May, 2010 01:20 am
@sometime sun,
i guess i would rather meet my maker kicking and screaming...always made me shudder, the concept of accepting defeat, even dying without so much as a whimper...

the farmer or the rodeo clown can break the spirit of an animal if he succeeds, and then he has nothing. if he forces the animal to obey by crippling him then what has he gained but an animal with no heart and no brain?

maybe fate is the beast or the machine that we are supposed to rage against and only then do we win...i dont want any mercy.

disclaimer: this is not a philosophical viewpoint...sort of a pms thing i guess

maybe if i meet my maker after this ordeal i will spit in his eye (fantasy of mine) and then he will say 'sorry for your trouble and thank you for rescuing me at last'...then i will love him (put this in creative writing, tapes and lies)

---------- Post added 05-07-2010 at 12:52 PM ----------

that's as close to the concept of theoretical fate that i can come...

Fido

Reply Fri 7 May, 2010 08:11 am
@salima,
salima;161139 wrote:
i guess i would rather meet my maker kicking and screaming...always made me shudder, the concept of accepting defeat, even dying without so much as a whimper...

the farmer or the rodeo clown can break the spirit of an animal if he succeeds, and then he has nothing. if he forces the animal to obey by crippling him then what has he gained but an animal with no heart and no brain?

maybe fate is the beast or the machine that we are supposed to rage against and only then do we win...i dont want any mercy.

disclaimer: this is not a philosophical viewpoint...sort of a pms thing i guess

maybe if i meet my maker after this ordeal i will spit in his eye (fantasy of mine) and then he will say 'sorry for your trouble and thank you for rescuing me at last'...then i will love him (put this in creative writing, tapes and lies)

---------- Post added 05-07-2010 at 12:52 PM ----------

that's as close to the concept of theoretical fate that i can come...

With No life, no after life, no spirit, no maker, and no spit... Enjoy what you got while you got it... No life equals no meaning...

---------- Post added 05-07-2010 at 10:25 AM ----------

kennethamy;161061 wrote:
Your point is then? Remember, what we may believe is inevitable need not be. But if it really is, then there is no use in "kicking against the pricks". And before you smile, read this:

What does "kick against the pricks" mean?

Even while belief in fate was at its highest people still acted to assert their will and deny the power of fate... That is my point, that courage changes our fate... People could always have surrendered to spiritualism, to magic, to the pushers of religion... And it is still with us... What is determinism, but fate by another name... What is hell but our punishment for freedom... Fear is no excuse for doing good...

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 07/26/2024 at 09:24:30