One interesting fact

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

kennethamy

Reply Wed 28 Apr, 2010 07:05 am
@platorepublic,
platorepublic;157450 wrote:
I could replace him. But I don't know - I see very little science in this forum anyway - oh, if they were meant to be science, sorry!

You mean you see very little science when science is relevant? I had not noticed that. More the trouble is that I see science where it is not relevant.

---------- Post added 04-28-2010 at 09:17 AM ----------

VideCorSpoon;157090 wrote:
Don't worry Kennethamy, much like platorepublic, I regard both of you on equal footing for the incredible amount of insight and relevancy you put into each and every post I have read from both of you. Honestly, I think the forum would be at a severe loss if even one of you choose to leave.

Thank you. But, I wasn't worried.

platorepublic

Reply Wed 28 Apr, 2010 07:31 am
@kennethamy,
kennethamy;157496 wrote:
You mean you see very little science when science is relevant? I had not noticed that. More the trouble is that I see science where it is not relevant.

No. Perhaps I just don't visit the threads where science should be relevant. Whatever - I didn't come here for science anyway - all I need to do for that is to just look away from my computer monitor.

kennethamy

Reply Wed 28 Apr, 2010 07:45 am
@platorepublic,
platorepublic;157503 wrote:
No. Perhaps I just don't visit the threads where science should be relevant. Whatever - I didn't come here for science anyway - all I need to do for that is to just look away from my computer monitor.

I think that it is fairly easy to believe science is relevant when it is not. Scientists (and philosophers, too) like to draw philosophical conclusions from science, and conversely. But most often such inferences are invalid. Case in point is drawing philosophical conclusions about free will from QM.

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/17/2024 at 08:23:34