Purge the fools, please!

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Krumple

Reply Wed 24 Feb, 2010 02:06 pm
@HexHammer,
HexHammer;131920 wrote:
@ sometime sun

You are a fool because:
- you can't respond to reason with reason, but only with bloated navel gazing metaphors.
- you act puerile
- you so blatantly can't repond to a world with dire consequenses, but only live in an imaginary idealistic world.
- you can't put anything in layman terms, making your "serious" statements only for the very exclusive. It is a disfunctional behaviour, impractical ..making you unable to act well amongst the masses, unable to communicate to other than those who are of same mentallity.

You must really hate poetry and music then. Maybe even some movies? Or am I responding irrationally again?

HexHammer

Reply Wed 24 Feb, 2010 02:15 pm
@Krumple,
Krumple;131921 wrote:
You must really hate poetry and music then. Maybe even some movies? Or am I responding irrationally again?
Not quite, but ..I don't see what poetry, music and movies has to do with giving an unclear answer?

So yes, it's a bit irrational ^^

William

Reply Wed 24 Feb, 2010 02:31 pm
@HexHammer,
This thread should have been dealt with in the very beginning, privately. I tried to intervene to end it but it seems that didn't work. John, this is your call. Nothing is being accomplished her. For those who think anyone a fool is a bit too smart for me. Perhaps they need to find a domain that is as smart as they are so their obvious intelligence will not be so insulted by anyone.

William

Pepijn Sweep

Reply Wed 24 Feb, 2010 02:32 pm
@Krumple,
To purge means to clean; inside-out
For fools there are differt meanings. Mine is about a fruity custard dessert (but that's of topic)

I understand a fool somebody who make an unwise decission. That would qualify for all of us. Some think with their hearts, some with their wallet. Who is to say what's best?

With the western-capitalist economy on the slide down for most it might be a change for the good to hear different opinions on how to live together.

And I don't like the Ignore button. It doesn't work well and it's rude as hell!:whistling:

Forgot to mention the primary function of a fool. The yester was the only person at the court who could, jokingly, tell the truth to the monarch. Most of the courtiers had their own intersts to be honest. We should reinstall this function!:a-thought:

Krumple

Reply Wed 24 Feb, 2010 02:48 pm
@HexHammer,
Yeah the sort of impression I get from this OP is like a professor stepping into the class on the first day and just saying, "You all are a bunch of morons on this topic." Then walks out of the class and never returns for the rest of the year. Although it is unfair to actually call the OP a professor, but you get the point.

I mean, what good is this forum if you can't learn something from it? Or did I miss it's purpose? Is it a place were people must agree or have the same conclusions as each other? I just don't see the logic behind ousting "fools".

HexHammer

Reply Wed 24 Feb, 2010 02:58 pm
@Krumple,
Krumple;131939 wrote:
I mean, what good is this forum if you can't learn something from it? Or did I miss it's purpose? Is it a place were people must agree or have the same conclusions as each other? I just don't see the logic behind ousting "fools".
I get the impression that you missed which kinds of fools I so specify in my initial post.

Jebediah

Reply Wed 24 Feb, 2010 03:05 pm
@HexHammer,
If you don't like someone's posts then don't read them. Or do read them, it can be very challenging to convey your thoughts to someone who has a weird point of view.

I don't see the point in being upset that someone else isn't smart.

Krumple

Reply Wed 24 Feb, 2010 03:10 pm
@HexHammer,
HexHammer;131945 wrote:
I get the impression that you missed which kinds of fools I so specify in my initial post.

Well I guess you were not specific enough because I really don't see any fools here. I can only assume, but I did catch you mention my posts an "abhor" (spelled incorrectly in your version) to you.

Here is something you hate, when you pull up the roots of plants, you must be deciding what is a weed and what is your crop. But at the end all you have is your crop. So you want to weed out all the things that are killing your crop? So you can have a fine harvest of what you find edible? What if someone comes by while you are working and asks, "Hey why are you tossing out all that food for?"

Pepijn Sweep

Reply Wed 24 Feb, 2010 03:18 pm
@Jebediah,
Jebediah;131952 wrote:
If you don't like someone's posts then don't read them. Or do read them, it can be very challenging to convey your thoughts to someone who has a weird point of view.

I don't see the point in being upset that someone else isn't smart.

I learned you can be smart one way and really dumb another. I used to calculate with irrational numbers, but had a hard time talking to people. I forgot all about the numbers and communication is a lot better!:whistling:

William

Reply Wed 24 Feb, 2010 04:48 pm
@HexHammer,
HexHammer;131945 wrote:

Hello Hex. Effort to recognize intent in posts is difficult. "Purge the Fools" could have been better expressed. Arrogance is indeed a flaw particularly of intellect and an expression of ego and if words are used with care neither should be evident. The words speak for themselves if one is earnest and is offering to aid rather than defend a point view.

Those not knowing, and I am one in many regards when it comes to the esoteric nature of philosophy, read and learn the proper way to express themselves by observation of those who do. They then adjust accordingly as time goes on. They are here to learn too. That's what we all are here for and why it is difficult to purge anyone.

As far as equality, granted there are those who are more "educated" but that does not mean anything if one has to stress that through sophisticated speech to prove it. One thing I know, it is the onus of those who are more articulate to educate those who are not. They can tone down. They have the knowledge to do that whereas demanding it from those who are not so, is demeaning and uncalled for and indicates insecurity more than anything else if they think the "smart" only take part. Who has the right to say who that is? :perplexed:

Thanks for your consideration.

William

Tony phil

Reply Wed 24 Feb, 2010 04:52 pm
@HexHammer,
This can't be as bad as the LJ philosophy forum, man it's as if people just see the word "philosophy" and type away about how dexter's laboratory changed their lives.

Reconstructo

Reply Wed 24 Feb, 2010 05:15 pm
@Pepijn Sweep,
Pepijn Sweep;131935 wrote:

And I don't like the Ignore button. It doesn't work well and it's rude as hell!:whistling:

By the way, Pepijn, I'm sorry I had you on ignore once. Other factors caused me to hyper-interpret your criticism of the red-white-&-blue. I wish you well and hope we can get along.:surrender:

melonkali

Reply Wed 24 Feb, 2010 05:50 pm
@HexHammer,
I'd be interested in the specifics of what things make a post seem annoying or irrelevant to others, and why. I don't mind reasonable self-monitoring in order to avoid offending or annoying other members (meaning ALL other members, of course) -- I just need to know, specifically, what to look for.

rebecca

Twirlip

Reply Wed 24 Feb, 2010 05:55 pm
@Tony phil,
Tony;132002 wrote:
This can't be as bad as the LJ philosophy forum, man it's as if people just see the word "philosophy" and type away about how dexter's laboratory changed their lives.

What does this button do? :whistling:

---------- Post added 02-24-2010 at 11:56 PM ----------

:brickwall:Dee-Dee! Get out of my laboratory! You are not smart enough!

Tony phil

Reply Wed 24 Feb, 2010 06:07 pm
@Twirlip,
Twirlip;132032 wrote:
What does this button do? :whistling:

---------- Post added 02-24-2010 at 11:56 PM ----------

:brickwall:Dee-Dee! Get out of my laboratory! You are not smart enough!

I lol'd... hard .,

Twirlip

Reply Wed 24 Feb, 2010 06:12 pm
@Tony phil,
:rolleyes: Something came outta my butt!

---------- Post added 02-25-2010 at 12:12 AM ----------

You EEEDIOT, Stimpy! :nonooo:

Krumple

Reply Wed 24 Feb, 2010 07:32 pm
@HexHammer,
I bet you could prove my theory correct. All you have to do is implement a fools button that would calculate how many times your posts had been "fooled" (meaning someone thought it was completely worthless post) and after so many the account get's permanently banned.

My theory is, after a few months (if that) there will be only one person left and those who have never posted.

Twirlip

Reply Wed 24 Feb, 2010 07:34 pm
@Krumple,
Krumple;132098 wrote:
I bet you could prove my theory correct. All you have to do is implement a fools button that would calculate how many times your posts had been "fooled" (meaning someone thought it was completely worthless post) and after so many the account get's permanently banned.

My theory is, after a few months (if that) there will be only one person left and those who have never posted.

It would be like that episode of The Simpsons where they all have family therapy (courtesy of Dr. Marvin Monroe) by pressing buttons to give one another electric shocks. Even Maggie is not spared.

Jebediah

Reply Wed 24 Feb, 2010 07:36 pm
@melonkali,
melonkali;132028 wrote:
I'd be interested in the specifics of what things make a post seem annoying or irrelevant to others, and why. I don't mind reasonable self-monitoring in order to avoid offending or annoying other members (meaning ALL other members, of course) -- I just need to know, specifically, what to look for.

rebecca

They only things I don't like in a post are:

1) person is rude or dismissive
2) person isn't attempting to answer or share their thoughts about the larger question (this one only sometimes)

HexHammer

Reply Wed 24 Feb, 2010 08:22 pm
@Jebediah,
Jebediah;132104 wrote:
1) person is rude or dismissive
2) person isn't attempting to answer or share their thoughts about the larger question (this one only sometimes)

1) yes, I'm at times, extremely arrogant, full of myself and all the bad stuff in all the books.

But unfortunaly that's what it takes to get anywhere in life, unless you want to sit around and navel gazing.

2) I belive I have answerd all the relevant questions, else those I have disregarded are most likely on ignore.

I guess you have never been in a company with 300+ employees and had to wressle the entire staff of chiefs, the CEO and some lawyers now and then. If you are to go slap the CEO in the face a couple of times, you better have the **** straight, else be a head shorter. He respected me for that obnoxious person I am, since I actually could do something intelligent.

I am actually sorry that I can't play along in your dreamworld, builded by idealistic metaphors, tho' I have tryed ..really! But my rational side wins, and I can't help it.

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.04 seconds on 04/24/2024 at 01:04:56