Chess Anyone?

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

manored

Reply Thu 14 Jan, 2010 08:23 pm
@3k1yp2,
3k1yp2;120033 wrote:
hurray! (even though i'll lose at first) Smile
You should play some dwarf fortress, its a game that is all about losing. There are so many stupid ways in wich you can lose its even funny. You can even lose out of the complications arising out having too much cats in your fortress (Its called "catsplosion")

The catch-phrase of the game is "losing is fun" =)

Kielicious

Reply Thu 14 Jan, 2010 08:55 pm
@Justin,
Justin;119975 wrote:
We have chess on this site. I'm more than happy to enable it with the permission of Robert. I'd have to actually gain the permission to do so but we do have Chess installed.

Sounds awesome! Many thanks to you and Robert. Smile

Camerama

Reply Mon 18 Jan, 2010 11:43 am
@Kielicious,
Connect 4 is where it's at. How bout it?

fast

Reply Mon 18 Jan, 2010 12:41 pm
@Kielicious,
I'm interested.....

mister kitten

Reply Mon 18 Jan, 2010 09:32 pm
@Camerama,
Camerama;120824 wrote:
Connect 4 is where it's at. How bout it?

Oh my gosh I love Connect 4 so much! I have the new 4 colour one!!!!!!!!!!!

Camerama

Reply Mon 18 Jan, 2010 11:09 pm
@Kielicious,
Fast if your post was in response to mine, and Mister Kitten if you are sincere, and we can get connect 4 on this site, then i hereby challenge you BOTH a match. May the lord have mercy on your souls. Any other victims? I mean challengers?

fast

Reply Tue 19 Jan, 2010 08:49 am
@Camerama,
Camerama;120958 wrote:
Fast if your post was in response to mine, and Mister Kitten if you are sincere, and we can get connect 4 on this site, then i hereby challenge you BOTH a match. May the lord have mercy on your souls. Any other victims? I mean challengers?

I mean that I'm interested in having the chess option turned on. As far as connect 4 is concerned, you can't beat me, for I am The Great Fast!

manored

Reply Tue 19 Jan, 2010 09:31 am
@fast,
fast;121013 wrote:
I mean that I'm interested in having the chess option turned on. As far as connect 4 is concerned, you can't beat me, for I am The Great Fast!
Its a turn based game... :whistling:

fast

Reply Tue 19 Jan, 2010 09:56 am
@manored,
[QUOTE=manored;121023]Its a turn based game... [/QUOTE]

What does that mean? We take turns?

I thought it was a game where we take turns dropping little circle pieces (that looks like checker pieces) into slots at the top of a stand up board-looking gizmo. The pieces drop. bla bla. Ya get four in a row and you win. Well, not you if you're playin' me, but you get the picture.

Zetherin

Reply Tue 19 Jan, 2010 09:58 am
@fast,
fast;121028 wrote:

What does that mean? We take turns?

I thought it was a game where we take turns dropping little circle pieces (that looks like checker pieces) into slots at the top of a stand up board-looking gizmo. The pieces drop. bla bla. Ya get four in a row and you win. Well, not you if you're playin' me, but you get the picture.

I think he thought that you were referring to your speed when you said, "I am The Great Fast". And he was noting that speed has nothing to do with the game, since it's turn-based. (which isn't necessarily true since you can do a timed connect 4, I guess!)

fast

Reply Tue 19 Jan, 2010 10:35 am
@Zetherin,
[QUOTE=Zetherin;121029]I think he thought that you were referring to your speed when you said, "I am The Great Fast". And he was noting that speed has nothing to do with the game, since it's turn-based. (which isn't necessarily true since you can do a timed connect 4, I guess!)[/QUOTE]
Oh. I see. I'm still not gonna lose. Well, at least that's what I kept telling a fourteen year old girl (a friend's daughter) the other day when I lost. Very Happy

Camerama

Reply Tue 19 Jan, 2010 11:23 am
@Kielicious,
Hasbro himself cannot match me!

fast

Reply Tue 19 Jan, 2010 11:56 am
@Kielicious,
And I have never been beaten! The only exceptions are those games I have lost.

mister kitten

Reply Tue 19 Jan, 2010 12:17 pm
@Camerama,
Camerama;120958 wrote:

I will win, making me a winner; you will lose, making you a loser. Connect 4 and I will make you want to destroy all Connect 4s after/if we play.

Zetherin

Reply Tue 19 Jan, 2010 12:20 pm
@Kielicious,
I'm actually a Connect 4 champion.

That's me on the right, and I beat that poor girl every single time - with a smile on my face.

mister kitten

Reply Tue 19 Jan, 2010 12:37 pm
@Zetherin,
Zetherin;121062 wrote:
I'm actually a Connect 4 champion.

That's me on the right, and I beat that poor girl every single time - with a smile on my face.

Every time?!@?!?! It looks like you're frozen in time :whoa-dude:

fast

Reply Tue 19 Jan, 2010 12:53 pm
@Kielicious,
It might not be right.
It might be a sin.
But you can bet your ass,
I'm gonna win.

Those who have heard me say that before, well, there it is again.

xris

Reply Tue 19 Jan, 2010 01:35 pm
@fast,
If I dont win , I take an awfully long time loosing.

fast

Reply Tue 19 Jan, 2010 02:10 pm
@xris,
xris;121078 wrote:
If I dont win , I take an awfully long time loosing.
I read in a book one time that we should never forfeit a game. If you find yourself in a losing hopeless situation, you should stick it out and play to the end, for no matter how small the chance, there is always the possibility (remote as it may be) that your opponent might fall dead of a heart attack rendering you a victory by default.

Besides, we should never flick over the king to signify surrender, for a king knocked over represents death, and we should never allow a king to suffer the indignity of death. That is why we only capture the king in checkmate. In the end, he is still alive.

Zetherin

Reply Tue 19 Jan, 2010 02:35 pm
@fast,
fast;121083 wrote:
I read in a book one time that we should never forfeit a game. If you find yourself in a losing hopeless situation, you should stick it out and play to the end, for no matter how small the chance, there is always the possibility (remote as it may be) that your opponent might fall dead of a heart attack rendering you a victory by default.

Besides, we should never flick over the king to signify surrender, for a king knocked over represents death, and we should never allow a king to suffer the indignity of death. That is why we only capture the king in checkmate. In the end, he is still alive.

At the end of the game, after I've captured all my opponent's pieces, I place them in an internment camp, and from there I commit a small-scale genocide, king included. I burn or melt the pieces, depending on what they're made of, and if I can't burn or melt them, I break them.

The upside for my opponent is that they can't lose twice to me. A potential downside for my opponent would be that if they owned the chess set, they now only have half a set. But hey, they took the risk of facing me, not my fault.

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/02/2024 at 01:39:25