Vegetarianism is a Higher level View

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Zetherin

Reply Mon 9 Mar, 2009 04:56 pm
@MJA,
Ok, let's stop this mudflinging; we should all be mature adults here.

MJA, would you be willing to share the influences that led you to this "One" understanding?

Cyber Abyss

Reply Mon 9 Mar, 2009 05:40 pm
@MJA,
No that is just stupid. If you look in the mirror and open your mouth and look at your canines (cuspids) you will see that we are meant to eat meat.

Dont forget the natural order of things.

manored

Reply Mon 9 Mar, 2009 06:42 pm
@MJA,
MJA wrote:
And as for you Mr. Fight, Buddha Einstein Jefferson Thoreau Gandhi and Pythagoras to name only a few along with their views are not substance enough for you? That is the substance I bring to my thread. Would you ridicule them as well? My views are the same as theirs, and if you ridicule my views then you equally ridicule them, only further proving the weakness of yourself.
If god itself, along with all the spirits of the past, came to me and told me that eating animals was a bad thing, I would still question then on the reason why, and were the answer not satisfactory, I would still disagree.

"The true wise man is not the one that is iluminated by the light of the world but the one that iluminates the world with his own light".

Aka: He who trusts those deemed as wise winhout trusting himself is a fool and doomed to fall.

Since we are discussing morality, I dont think how nature made us is relevant. We have instincts towards eliminating people who we hate but its not good to act on those instincts, is it? Smile

Aedes

Reply Mon 9 Mar, 2009 06:47 pm
@Cyber Abyss,
Cyber Abyss;52788 wrote:
No that is just stupid. If you look in the mirror and open your mouth and look at your canines (cuspids) you will see that we are meant to eat meat.
And if you spin your arms above your head, or you look at the comparative anatomy of the human shoulder joint, you'll see that we are meant to swing from trees...

Zetherin

Reply Mon 9 Mar, 2009 07:59 pm
@MJA,
No offense, but it doesn't look like this thread is productive any longer.

Unless you're willing to continue, MJA, it looks as though this thread is dead.

MJA

Reply Mon 9 Mar, 2009 09:00 pm
@Zetherin,
Zetherin wrote:
No offense, but it doesn't look like this thread is productive any longer.

Unless you're willing to continue, MJA, it looks as though this thread is dead.

Continue Z?
Well I haven't even gotten started, and I hope you feel the same.

=
MJA

Zetherin

Reply Mon 9 Mar, 2009 09:11 pm
@MJA,
MJA wrote:
Continue Z?
Well I haven't even gotten started, and I hope you feel the same.

=
MJA

Oh? I got the impression you were done when you said:

Quote:
I had enough of you.
If you haven't, in fact, had enough of me:), let us continue:

The question I posed was: What influences paved way to this "One" philosophy?

Your response:
Quote:

How did I find this truth, the truth of equality you ask?
Well quite simply I had to.
Yet that is simply the same thing you've stated over and over again. Hm, MJA, I'm really trying here.

Instead of giving me another poem, can you be more specific? I understand this is personal, but I feel everyone would better off understanding where you're coming from.

Aedes

Reply Mon 9 Mar, 2009 09:12 pm
@Zetherin,
Zetherin;52803 wrote:
No offense, but it doesn't look like this thread is productive any longer... it looks as though this thread is dead.
Since your thread followed mine, I must explain...

We are brachiators. Our shoulder joints are vestigial remnants from our ancestors who brachiated through trees.

Irrespective of whether we DO or we SHOULD eat meat now, we have canines because somewhere in our evolutionary past we did.

I think the argument that we should or should not eat meat based on our teeth (or any other aspect of our evolution) is irrelevant. We don't have to eat meat to live. We can eat meat and live perfectly well. The decision comes down to preference, which can be informed by many things. Just as the fact that our shoulders can brachiate doesn't obligate us to live in the trees.

Zetherin

Reply Mon 9 Mar, 2009 09:15 pm
@Aedes,
Aedes,

Are you sure this was directed to me? I believe Cyber is the one you were speaking with.

And which thread followed yours...?

Aedes

Reply Mon 9 Mar, 2009 09:23 pm
@MJA,
I was responding to him... but then yours followed mine.

MJA

Reply Mon 9 Mar, 2009 09:35 pm
@MJA,
[CENTER]THERE COULD BE HOLY FALLOUT[/CENTER]

[CENTER]We are often in battle
So often defending every side of the fort,
It may seem, all alone.[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Sit down, my dear,
Take a few deep breaths,
Think about a loyal friend.
Where is the music,
Your pet, a brush?[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Surely one who has lasted as long as you
Knows some avenue or place inside
That can give a sweet respite,[/CENTER]

[CENTER]If you cannot slay your panic,
Then say within
As convincingly as you can,
"It is all God's will.!"[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Now pick up your life again.
Let whatever is out there
Come charging in,[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Laugh and spit in the air,
There could be holy fallout.[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Throw those ladders like tiny match sticks
With "just" phantoms upon them
Who might be trying to scale your heart.[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Your love has an eloquent tone,
The sky and I want to hear it![/CENTER]

[CENTER]If you still feel helpless
Give our battle cry again,[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Hafiz
Has shouted it a myriad of times,[/CENTER]

[CENTER]"It is all,
It is all the Beloved's will!"[/CENTER]

[CENTER]What is that luminous rain I see
All around you in the future[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Sweeping in from the east plain?[/CENTER]

[CENTER]It looks like, O it looks like
Holy fallout[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Filling your mouth and palms
With Joy[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Hafiz [/CENTER]

Zetherin

Reply Mon 9 Mar, 2009 09:46 pm
@MJA,
MJA, you've officially made me cry.

I ask for clarification and I get another ambiguous poem, this one not even self-written.

:nonooo:

MJA

Reply Mon 9 Mar, 2009 09:48 pm
@MJA,
[CENTER]One
I am One
Scale my heart
I'll laugh and spit in the air,
And shout a miriad of times before
and many many more times to come,
The Truth is One
"I am One"
"One"[/CENTER]

[CENTER]=
MJA[/CENTER]

Zetherin

Reply Mon 9 Mar, 2009 09:59 pm
@MJA,
Oh, I'm shouting a myriad of times, don't you fret.

MJA

Reply Mon 9 Mar, 2009 10:01 pm
@Zetherin,
Zetherin wrote:
MJA, you've officially made me cry.

I ask for clarification and I get another ambiguous poem, this one not even self-written.

:nonooo:

What you see as ambiquous is beautifully clarevoyant to me.
Try reading it again.
What don't you understand?

=
MJA

Holiday20310401

Reply Mon 9 Mar, 2009 10:16 pm
@MJA,
MJA, this is not poetry, so I don't think the ambiguity works you see. Your use of abstract words rather than concrete words is the most telling part.

Truly, full of rich er.... perception... but ambiguous, not cool unless you wish to be a prose writer. If we were one then why the need for ambiguity... why doesn't the very word escape our understanding?

To be honest, I wouldn't want this. It sounds rather naturalist to me. I mean, I love nature, and I love to interpret it, but there is a reason why I interpret it and give it a value that is well... mine, and not some objective discovery.

MJA, I think before responding to statements and questions that are pertinent to the discussion, you should think of responding accordingly.

It seems to me this oneness stuff (which I do not understand) belongs in a separate thread, or a blog. I would actually enjoy reading it too:). Now I probably just made a fool of myself:o, so continue with the conversation guys.

MJA

Reply Mon 9 Mar, 2009 10:25 pm
@Holiday20310401,
Did you have a question that I could respond to accordingly Holiday, as you say? What is ambiguous that I have written to you.
You don't understand Hafiz either?
Sorry but I don't understand your post at all.
What do you mean?

=
MJA

Holiday20310401

Reply Mon 9 Mar, 2009 10:32 pm
@MJA,
Ahh... so it'll be a heteroglossia game will it? I'm in. But let it wait until tomorrow.

MJA

Reply Mon 9 Mar, 2009 10:37 pm
@Holiday20310401,
Holiday20310401 wrote:
Ahh... so it'll be a heteroglossia game will it? I'm in.

What does heteroglossia game mean?
I've never heard of that.

=
MJA

Holiday20310401

Reply Mon 9 Mar, 2009 11:05 pm
@MJA,
Your posts make me feel like the eyes of tomorrow, perhaps I will throw that senile skipping rock I have kept in my pocket for such a time now; but only while staring into the blue sky. No... I will pocket the stone. What is the point of such effort when it would only skip upon the sea, or sink too deep for light to shine on. I need shallow waters and blue sky accordingly... we don't want the stone to skip too many times, it might just make it to the other shore, you see.

Oh and vegetarianism... I have come to the conclusion that vegetarianism is a higher level view, but I still maintain my status as omnivore. One could write a poem about the greatness Nietzsche would fail to recognize from the taste of barbecued salmon.

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/16/2024 at 07:47:48