Who is you favorite philosopher and why?

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

TranscendHumanit

Reply Tue 13 Apr, 2010 10:18 am
@GoshisDead,
GoshisDead;151361 wrote:
Trans:
Interesting, how did that come about?

If you read Austrian economist Ludwig von Mises you can tell he read Bergson, and he is making distinction between time of physics and time for purposeful action. Says that these two categories strictly separate.

Maybe you find this interesting: Time and Economics | Foundation for Economic Education

GoshisDead

Reply Tue 13 Apr, 2010 10:45 am
@TranscendHumanit,
That is so interesting, thank you, I love macro economics for the same reason I love social theory. I love to look at large scale systems. I will surely read this.

Wisdom Seeker

Reply Thu 15 Apr, 2010 09:20 am
@TranscendHumanit,
St.Thomas Aquinas, not because of his teachings, but because he become one of the great defender of the church during his time, most skeptics fall because of his 5 arguments about god.

i think his greatest opposite would be Friedrich Nietzsche.

kennethamy

Reply Thu 15 Apr, 2010 09:35 am
@Wisdom Seeker,
Wisdom Seeker;152267 wrote:
St.Thomas Aquinas, not because of his teachings, but because he become one of the great defender of the church during his time, most skeptics fall because of his 5 arguments about god.

They do fail? Why do you say that?

GoshisDead

Reply Thu 15 Apr, 2010 10:06 am
@kennethamy,
Is there anyway we could avoid a religious debate here? I was enjoying following the thread for what it was, "why X like Y philosopher"

kennethamy

Reply Thu 15 Apr, 2010 01:17 pm
@GoshisDead,
GoshisDead;152308 wrote:
Is there anyway we could avoid a religious debate here? I was enjoying following the thread for what it was, "why X like Y philosopher"

Yes, you are right. I don't want to derail the thread.

Marat phil

Reply Wed 28 Apr, 2010 04:28 am
@ltdaleadergt,
Nostradamus catrene:

Quand l'animal а l'homme domestique,
Apres grands peines & sauts viendra parler,
Le foudre а vierge sera si malefique,
De terre prinse & suspendue en l'air

Key - 11.11

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/25/2024 at 02:09:10