The 2011-2 a2k design feedback thread

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

JPB

Reply Thu 10 Feb, 2011 08:33 pm
Also minor, but I when I use a hand-held device (itouch, for instance) it was really convenient to have a "new posts" option at the bottom of the page.

Butrflynet

Reply Thu 10 Feb, 2011 08:35 pm
@Robert Gentel,
Farmerman just mentioned on the forums having the same problem with those.

Do you want me to try toggling the IE rendering thingy to see if I can recreate it?

Butrflynet

Reply Thu 10 Feb, 2011 08:43 pm
@Robert Gentel,
Quote:
The only way I've been able to replicate that is by clicking the "compatibility mode" icon (the broken page icon next to refresh) on IE8. I think you may just have hit that instead of refresh but if that is the issue I can't fix it, that is a button to make IE render the page in a more ass-backward mode (so that pages designed to ass-backward mode will render right).

That is what it is. When the A2K site was not in the list of sites to display in compatibility view, the Forums and Groups labels displayed properly in a horizontal line. As soon as I included it in the list and switched to compatibility view, the alignment got wonky like in RP's screenshot.

I use XP, not Vista as I think RP uses, so that means it is probably unique to the browser and not a browser/OS combination.

IE Users can fix the problem themselves in IE by clicking on Tools -> Compatibility View Settings->and uncheck the options.

Or, they can click on Tools->Compatibility View to toggle the display each time they visit A2K.

hamburgboy

Reply Thu 10 Feb, 2011 08:49 pm
@Robert Gentel,
font is now clean and bright !
thanks , robert !
hbg

Chumly

Reply Thu 10 Feb, 2011 09:26 pm
This change in A2K (just like the one prior) is of no advantage. Also this version has tons of wasted space (just like the one prior).

Phoenix32890

Reply Thu 10 Feb, 2011 09:39 pm
@Robert Gentel,
Hmm............. When I clicked on the feedback link, I got a message that I had to join the group in order to post. When I clicked on the link to join the group, I got the box where I could post a reply.

Basically, I like the changes, and have had no problems with it, (except for the above). Love the green. There is something about green................. Laughing

Robert Gentel

Reply Thu 10 Feb, 2011 11:04 pm
@Chumly,
You are the Homer Simpson of design.

White space is not wasted space.

msolga

Reply Fri 11 Feb, 2011 12:15 am
(Using Firefox/XP)

* text is crystal clear. No problems there.

* I like the leaner, cleaner, less cluttered format.

* As a regular poster of lots of images (cartoons & photographs mainly) I've noticed that they seem sharper, clearer & appear to have more "depth" than before. I checked old posts on the "meaning of life" thread & have noticed the difference.
Even tiny photographs (like those used as avatars) seem a lot sharper. This is good ! Smile

*the "groups" are still a bit of a mystery, but I figure that's because they don't really apply to me & how I use A2K. If I need to find out more later, I will.

* I might be imagining it (but I don't think so) but A2K seems faster, less sluggish that it's been recently, too.

dlowan

Reply Fri 11 Feb, 2011 01:40 am
Very happy I am now able to click on "My Posts" again and get a response!!!!

Butrflynet

Reply Fri 11 Feb, 2011 04:02 am
Earlier in the day, while in the Groups system, I used the Report button to send a report about a post of mine.

I usually get an automated email acknowledging receipt of the report when it is made in the Forums system. Have not received one from the Groups system.

Don't know if that is because I reported my own post or if the email acknowledgement isn't yet working for Groups.

Barry The Mod

Reply Fri 11 Feb, 2011 04:07 am
Doing my usual stuff.No probs my end.Vista/Firefox

OmSigDAVID

Reply Fri 11 Feb, 2011 04:45 am
@Butrflynet,
Butrflynet wrote:
Did you attempt to view the profile while in the Group system?
I did it both ways.

Butrflynet wrote:
If so, the follow user, ignore user and message user buttons are not yet visible while in Groups.

If you navigate back out to the forums,
you'll see them there.
I did it both ways: no luck.
No Ignore Button.
No PM Button
No unIgnore Button.

Butrflynet wrote:
I'll add that to the list of things needing fixed.

Region Philbis

Reply Fri 11 Feb, 2011 04:52 am
@Robert Gentel,

font is back to the way it was pre-change on ie7/vista...

OmSigDAVID

Reply Fri 11 Feb, 2011 05:03 am

I 'm trying to get (and to KEEP)
the straight, block font with NO curlicues.

Not much luck, as I try to shake loose
from the other one, going back and forth
in the font in My Preferences, to get rid of the other one (by whichever names thay may be known).

David

OmSigDAVID

Reply Fri 11 Feb, 2011 05:06 am

Try as I do,
I cannot get rid of this font.

David

Region Philbis

Reply Fri 11 Feb, 2011 05:09 am
@Butrflynet,
Quote:
I use XP, not Vista as I think RP uses, so that means it is probably unique to the browser and not a browser/OS combination.

IE Users can fix the problem themselves in IE by clicking on Tools -> Compatibility View Settings->and uncheck the options.

Or, they can click on Tools->Compatibility View to toggle the display each time they visit A2K.
hmmm... not seeing that option under ie7 Tools --

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k60/Region_P/Untitled.jpg

Butrflynet

Reply Fri 11 Feb, 2011 05:55 am
@Region Philbis,
I think it is only available in IE8.

Try this...see that second Tools link over near where it says 13 degrees in Boston? Click that and make sure that all your tool bars are displayed. I had all mine displayed when I tested it.

Butrflynet

Reply Fri 11 Feb, 2011 06:01 am
@Butrflynet,
Nope, just found this. It is an IE 8 feature.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/956197

The above link has images to show how to navigate to the fix for users. It also has a server/coding solution for websites.

jespah

Reply Fri 11 Feb, 2011 07:25 am
Font is a lot easier to take. I'm on IE7, Windows 8.

Haven't tried on the phone yet but that screen is tiny and I don't need miracles.

jespah

Reply Fri 11 Feb, 2011 07:27 am
@OmSigDAVID,
OmSigDAVID wrote:

Butrflynet wrote:
Did you attempt to view the profile while in the Group system?
I did it both ways.

Butrflynet wrote:
If so, the follow user, ignore user and message user buttons are not yet visible while in Groups.

If you navigate back out to the forums,
you'll see them there.
I did it both ways: no luck.
No Ignore Button.
No PM Button
No unIgnore Button.

Butrflynet wrote:
I'll add that to the list of things needing fixed.

David, go to Forums (top of the page) and then navigate to the profile of anyone you want to ignore, follow, etc. It isn't set up in the Groups area (and I don't know if it will be), but those features definitely exist on the Forums side of things.

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/16/2024 at 11:49:22