The 2011-2 a2k design feedback thread

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Cycloptichorn

Reply Thu 10 Feb, 2011 12:50 pm
@Robert Gentel,
Gratzi.

Re: the buttons at the bottom of the page - they aren't inconvenient to see if the 'related topics' go away. Do people even use those? Sometimes it seems to me that they aren't all that related.

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5059/5433701707_e0415a4993_z.jpg

Cycloptichorn

HexHammer

Reply Thu 10 Feb, 2011 12:53 pm
@Robert Gentel,
What's up with a tiiiiiinyyyy narrow peekhole when editing posts?

Very annoying and impractical!

Butrflynet

Reply Thu 10 Feb, 2011 12:53 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Agree with Cyclo. Was coming here to post that the buttons and page navigation was missing at the bottom of the threads. His post clarified that you need to scroll further down to find the buttons.

The related topics box needs to come after the buttons, not before.

Robert Gentel

Reply Thu 10 Feb, 2011 12:54 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
That is what I am saying will move below into a separate container.

Some people really like them and it helps the topics become discovered offsite (e.g. in search engines). They are driven by tags, if you'd like them to be more relevant you could help by not using graffiti tags, but that's a horse I'd rather not flog today.

Cycloptichorn

Reply Thu 10 Feb, 2011 12:54 pm
@HexHammer,
Great point. I'd like to see a bigger box for all postings.

When making a new discussion/question, there's no BBcode link at all.

Cycloptichorn

djjd62

Reply Thu 10 Feb, 2011 12:56 pm
@HexHammer,
HexHammer wrote:

What's up with a tiiiiiinyyyy narrow peekhole when editing posts?

Very annoying and impractical!

limited time editing has been around for quite some time

or am i misinterpreting what you mean

Cycloptichorn

Reply Thu 10 Feb, 2011 12:56 pm
@Robert Gentel,
Robert Gentel wrote:

That is what I am saying will move below into a separate container.

Sweet, right on

Quote:
Some people really like them and it helps the topics become discovered offsite (e.g. in search engines). They are driven by tags, if you'd like them to be more relevant you could help by not using graffiti tags, but that's a horse I'd rather not flog today.

Ah, the SEO Laughing ---- haha, emoticons don't work at all atm apparently

Nah, I'll never stop that behavior. I don't use them and am not concerned with their relevancy personally.

Didn't a direct reply to someone used to have a copy of that persons' post below what you're typing, for you to refer to while posting? I can't remember.

Cycloptichorn

Cycloptichorn

Reply Thu 10 Feb, 2011 12:59 pm
No thumbs up/down in Groups yet either. Don't know if that's intentional or just missing.

All in Firefox 3.6.13

Cycloptichorn

Robert Gentel

Reply Thu 10 Feb, 2011 01:01 pm
@djjd62,
Probably the textarea size somewhere, but yeah, being more descriptive about the bugs would make them easier to find than describing the feelings they produce.

ehBeth

Reply Thu 10 Feb, 2011 01:04 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Cycloptichorn wrote:
Didn't a direct reply to someone used to have a copy of that persons' post below what you're typing, for you to refer to while posting? I can't remember.

Cycloptichorn

it still does in forums, but not in groups

the actual reply 'window' seems physically smaller while the reply/preview buttons are mmmm optimized

edit: and when you go to edit your reply, it seems tiny (though it's probably the same size as the reply 'window'

ehBeth

Reply Thu 10 Feb, 2011 01:07 pm
ok - so if something is in 'groups', it's not in forums. is that correct?

i.e. I can find this thread in groups, but it doesn't appear in forums

djjd62

Reply Thu 10 Feb, 2011 01:10 pm
@ehBeth,
ehBeth wrote:

was just going to mention that

Cycloptichorn

Reply Thu 10 Feb, 2011 01:11 pm
@ehBeth,
ehBeth wrote:

Yup. Eventually you can see a situation where people who want to have more in-depth conversations on topics can do so without spamming the entire open forum.

For example, we could shove all the 'word game' posts over to a 'word game' forum so I don't to look at 30 'thread voted down' messages every day lol

Cycloptichorn

Nick Ashley

Reply Thu 10 Feb, 2011 01:12 pm
I am working through bugs as I can, thanks for your patience.

I just pushed a bugfix live that should fix the bbcode editor. Let me know if you still have problems with this.

Cycloptichorn

Reply Thu 10 Feb, 2011 01:15 pm
@Nick Ashley,
Nick Ashley wrote:

I am working through bugs as I can, thanks for your patience.

I just pushed a bugfix live that should fix the bbcode editor. Let me know if you still have problems with this.

BBcode editor working for me in Firefox on the Forums; link isn't even there on the Groups yet.

Cycloptichorn

Butrflynet

Reply Thu 10 Feb, 2011 01:15 pm
Will our user preferences be global for both forums and groups or will we be able to have different preferences for each?

For example, I may not want to filter threads that are in groups but will want to filter threads in the forum.

When it is working again, I may want email notifications for topic subscriptions on the forum but not in groups.

A solution on the preference page might be to have two columns of check boxes for each preference that indicates whether it is for the forum or the groups.

JPB

Reply Thu 10 Feb, 2011 01:16 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
same here

sozobe

Reply Thu 10 Feb, 2011 01:17 pm
@Nick Ashley,
Doesn't seem to be working yet.

Nothing in the "reply" box.

I went to the homepage, and there was nothing in that text box.

I then clicked on "ask a question" even though I hadn't entered anything, which brought me to the "there was a problem" page that had more info. The "Show BBCode Editor" link was there (bright green font), but nothing happened when I clicked on it.

Took a screen shot if you'd like to see it.

iMac OSX 10.6.6 with Safari.

sozobe

Reply Thu 10 Feb, 2011 01:18 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
I hadn't tried forums -- that worked. (BB code appeared in the "reply" box.)

ossobuco

Reply Thu 10 Feb, 2011 01:19 pm
I like the changes, while still figuring things out a bit.
I like the custom google search going into "search" in the top dark blue.
I like the colors.
I don't see a problem with the font.
I wonder what happened to New Post history, but perhaps I'll figure it out. Aha, I just did, it's under Forums then New Posts.
I expect that I'll miss the quick way to go to the top and bottom instead of scrolling. -- edit, I just saw the arrows, thanks

Anyway, so far so good, thanks for the work.

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/25/2024 at 09:19:39