The 2011-2 a2k design feedback thread

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Region Philbis

Reply Mon 14 Feb, 2011 05:30 pm
@ossobuco,

i deleted one of my tags on that art thread by adding different ones.
we seem to have lost the ability to delete our own tags by clicking the red X...

Butrflynet

Reply Tue 15 Feb, 2011 04:02 pm
I have a request. On the Forums system homepage, we have the Ask a Question/Start a Discussion box at the top of the page. The problem with them is there is no preview button and no access to the BBCode menu for formatting the post.

You can only access those in a thread starter post if you scroll down to the bottom of the screen and use the Quick Links to navigate to a box that gives all the posting tools.

Can we either provide those tools in the box at the top of the screen, or replace it with just quick links and text?

My vote would be for replacing the big box that takes up a lot of screen real estate with quick links.

tsarstepan

Reply Tue 15 Feb, 2011 09:32 pm
@Butrflynet,
I noticed these absences myself. Good call Butrflynet.

Cycloptichorn

Reply Fri 18 Feb, 2011 10:32 am
I was a little confused today, because the buttons to start a new discussion or question are only on the homepage - there's no way to do so without hitting 'forums' first, which wasn't intuitive.

Cycloptichorn

Butrflynet

Reply Fri 18 Feb, 2011 06:42 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Until there is another solution, you can scroll down to the quick links at the bottom of every page. There you'll find links to Ask A Question/Start A Discussion.

ossobuco

Reply Sat 19 Feb, 2011 04:00 pm
The red X for the tag system, to get rid of one of the tags you made yourself, is not working yet.

msolga

Reply Tue 22 Feb, 2011 12:06 am
This has nothing at all to do with A2K design issues, but I am concerned about being timed out (& losing contact) with A2K over the last few days.

There appears to be a new problem here.

Butrflynet

Reply Tue 22 Feb, 2011 12:28 am
@msolga,
Do you always mark the "Remember Me" box on the login screen when you sign in?

That's the only way I'm able to keep from being timed out every 5 minutes or so. If I mark the box, I only get signed out when I close the browser and it clears all the cookies and history.

Region Philbis

Reply Tue 22 Feb, 2011 04:57 am
@Butrflynet,

i think it's 15 minutes before time out...

Butrflynet

Reply Tue 22 Feb, 2011 02:12 pm
@Region Philbis,
Seems more like 5 minutes, but I'll take your word for it. Before I started marking that "remember me" box, I was getting timed out numerous times during my daily "catch up with what's new" marathon read of the New Posts and New Topics lists. Makes me appreciate that we no longer lose our posts when we go to submit it and aren't logged in.

sozobe

Reply Tue 22 Feb, 2011 02:19 pm
djjd reports some weirdness, hasn't happened to me that I remember but several other people are chiming in too:

http://able2know.org/topic/168236-1

Region Philbis

Reply Tue 22 Feb, 2011 04:29 pm
@sozobe,

the 'missing' posts are now visible...

Butrflynet

Reply Wed 9 Mar, 2011 02:29 pm
A2K navigation bar disappears when you click on the My Friends tab.

BBB reported this to me and I was able to duplicate it on my PC. We both use XP and Firefox. When you click on any of the other navigation links in the menu bar the bar continues to display. However, when you click on the My Friends link, the entire menu bar disappears and the only way to get the navigation menu back is to click the Able2know logo to return to the home page.

I just tried it with Internet explorer and the same thing occurs so it probably isn't a browser-specific problem.

dadpad

Reply Fri 18 Mar, 2011 10:23 pm
In the interests of having these ideas in the right place for consideration I have copied a post I made elsewhere to here.

Idea: not sure if this is possible.
Once any one member hits report for a particular post the report button is greyed out/dissapears for that post on the whole site/all other members.

Recieving replies/thanks for reporting plain old everyday spam is a pain in the proverbial I dont want them, please dont send them. They clog my email up I never look at the replies. The automated response is proof enough that my report has been recievd.

I cant imagine anyone actually wanting replies for ordinary spam. I would go so far as to say you should start a poll to find out if my feeling is general.

Mame

Reply Sun 27 Mar, 2011 06:32 am
Good point, dadpad, and I second it. Now, I have another suggestion:

Can you put the dates on Related Topics so we can see how old they are? I don't want to read something that could be 4 yrs old, so it would be helpful to know how recent the topic is... the initial posting date would be better than the last post, I'm thinking.

Butrflynet

Reply Sun 27 Mar, 2011 10:09 pm
@Butrflynet,
Good news everyone!

The starter forms on the homepage for asking a question or starting a discussion have been improved by adding a preview option and the BBCode editing tools to make it easier to compose and format your originating posts.

Click on the green Open BBCode Editor link to expand the toolbox and click it again to close it.

Please post feedback here with as much detail as possible. Thanks.

http://groups.able2know.org/able2know/topic/24-1#post-784

Reyn

Reply Wed 30 Mar, 2011 01:16 pm
This is a problem that I (and some others) are having with the new chat feature.

The problem is that my current line of text disappears after about 3 seconds, and what is visible to me reverts back to what I could read before I typed my new message in.

Again, I put in new chat, and it still bounces back to the text that was visible before I started current session.

If I refresh the page, the new text again will show for a few seconds and revert back to above.

The thing is, none of this happened yesterday morning when the new chat became available. No trouble, and I have not made any changes on my end.

By the afternoon, the trouble started.

I'm using Windows 7, Explorer 8.

Butrflynet

Reply Wed 30 Mar, 2011 01:31 pm
@Reyn,
Thanks for the feedback, Reyn. I'll pass it on to the developers and see if a solution can be found. I'll get back to you when I have an update.

Robert Gentel

Reply Wed 30 Mar, 2011 04:55 pm
@Reyn,
Sounds like another IE bug to work around. We'll have a look when we have a chance, but may just have to remove chat until we have time to figure it out.

Reyn

Reply Wed 30 Mar, 2011 06:09 pm
@Robert Gentel,
Thanks, Robert. It is strange (to me) that it was working just fine when I initially tried it Tuesday morning, but was giving me trouble in the afternoon.

I was a bit worried that it was some kind of setting within my own computer, but others seem to be experiencing the same thing. So, I'm sure you're right.

It is a nice feature and I enjoy it. I hope a solution can be found.

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 10/23/2024 at 08:59:13