@Butrflynet,
Try it in forums

Butrflynet

Reply Thu 10 Feb, 2011 02:05 pm
@JPB,
I posted this on the Feedback thread in the forums as a test:

Butrflynet wrote:

Testing something.

Edit: Ah, JPB is right. The BBCode Editor Link does not work in the Edit window when on the forums. It does work when in the Groups.

Butrflynet

Reply Thu 10 Feb, 2011 02:17 pm
When viewing my profile page, I can see the list of my recent posts on the forum, but not my recent posts in the groups.

Will we have such a list for our posts in the groups that is visible only to us?

OmSigDAVID

Reply Thu 10 Feb, 2011 02:44 pm
@JPB,
JPB wrote:

Robert Gentel wrote:

We pushed out a big design change that has a LOT of loose ends to tie.
In particular there is some navigation we need to streamline and a lot of layout margin issues to fix.

Please report issues as you see them here.

LOOKS GREAT!
bbcodes aren't enabled and the filter noise/all topics doesn't toggle
I am ready to register.

David

georgeob1

Reply Thu 10 Feb, 2011 02:44 pm
@Butrflynet,
I noticed the new font just today. It looks the same to me on both Windows and Mozilla. I don't like it, but apparently Calamity does.

Ragman

Reply Thu 10 Feb, 2011 02:53 pm
Forgive me if this is a repat from anyone else's comments. Font currently as displayed in A2K appear chalky and uneven in but appear as normal in all other sites. Internet Explorer (64-bit). It's unpleasing to my eye and makes my eyes feel as though they 'tired'.

When selecting 'All Forums' setting in A2K, the blue buttons for 'Forums' and 'Groups' appears to float above the banner sort of misplaced/misaligned and overlaps the text in the light blue banner below it.

CalamityJane

Reply Thu 10 Feb, 2011 02:58 pm
@georgeob1,
georgeob1 wrote:

I noticed the new font just today. It looks the same to me on both Windows and Mozilla. I don't like it, but apparently Calamity does.

What? Like we ever agree on anything.... hehe... (emoticons don't work)

Butrflynet

Reply Thu 10 Feb, 2011 03:17 pm
@Ragman,
Ragman wrote:

Forgive me if this is a repat from anyone else's comments. Font currently as displayed in A2K appear chalky and uneven in but appear as normal in all other sites. Internet Explorer (64-bit). It's unpleasing to my eye and makes my eyes feel as though they 'tired'.

This is similar to the problem I've been having with the fonts while using Firefox. I just switched over to Internet Explorer and have the same problem. There appears to be a very slight grey shadow in the font that makes the blacker font look fuzzy.

When selecting 'All Forums' setting in A2K, the blue buttons for 'Forums' and 'Groups' appears to float above the banner sort of misplaced/misaligned and overlaps the text in the light blue banner below it.

I switched over to IE to see what problem you are seeing with the labels in the banner. I don't see a problem. Can you clear your cache/cookies and then try again to see if the problem continues?

dlowan

Reply Thu 10 Feb, 2011 03:27 pm
@Robert Gentel,
Small and minor issue.

Since for some reason I had no way of making "You have 2 messages" disappear from my "You've got mail" it is annoying to me that the number of messages no longer appears in the announcement.

Previously, if it said I had more than 2 I knew I had a new message....if it just said 2 I knew I didn't.

Now I have no way of knowing and I am going to have to check my PMs regularly, or miss messages and have people think I am rude,,

Region Philbis

Reply Thu 10 Feb, 2011 03:39 pm
@Robert Gentel,
I wrote:

tagging is fixed...

Groups has migrated under Forums on some pages --

http://img841.imageshack.us/img841/9342/89632837.jpg

Quote:
Please mention what browser/OS you are using when reporting visual bugs. Most of them are going to be browser-specific and it will save us a lot of time when we try to replicate it to mention what you are using.
ie7/vista

jespah

Reply Thu 10 Feb, 2011 03:52 pm
Not loving the font - it's not easy on my eyes at all. But that could be fixed if it was a tad heavier. I'm on IE7; Windows and this is a laptop so some things are squunched. Also looks like some of the emoticons (evil is one) aren't showing up.

Butrflynet

Reply Thu 10 Feb, 2011 04:13 pm
The orange line under the last post that indicates an unread post in the forums New Posts list is working -- it disappears when that post is read. However, it does not in the groups. The orange line is static, doesn't disappear once that last post is read.

Thomas

Reply Thu 10 Feb, 2011 04:24 pm
@Region Philbis,
Region Philbis wrote:
tagging is fixed...

Not for me it isn't. I see neither the existing tags nor the "add tag" link for this thread. (I see them both in the threads I started myself, though.)

Having just registered for the Feedback forum in order to post there, I dread the thought of having to "register" for every forum I am ever going to post to. What benefits are you hoping to get from this? Couldn't A2K auto-register me so I don't have to jump through these hoops by foot?

Cycloptichorn

Reply Thu 10 Feb, 2011 04:25 pm
@Thomas,
Thomas wrote:

Region Philbis wrote:
tagging is fixed...

Not for me it isn't. I see neither the existing tags nor the "add tag" link for this thread. (I see them both in the threads I started myself, though.)

Having just registered for the Feedback forum in order to post there, I dread the thought of having to "register" for every forum I am ever going to post to. What benefits are you hoping to get from this? Couldn't A2K auto-register me so I don't have to jump through these hoops by foot?

Eventually these groups are going to be moderated by individuals who are interested in that topic, IIRC. The registration is for crowd control.

Cycloptichorn

sozobe

Reply Thu 10 Feb, 2011 04:28 pm
@Thomas,
Thomas wrote:

I might be misunderstanding you, but remember there are groups and forums -- they're different. You're in a group now, that you had to register for. Once you switch back to forums (the A2K view you're used to), there is no need to register.

In other words, you have to register for the Able2Know group, and then for whatever other groups you want to join. (Extremely Intelligent German Immigrants Share Recipes, say.)

But if you want to post in the Politics forum, nothing has changed and there are no hoops or registration required.

Thomas

Reply Thu 10 Feb, 2011 04:28 pm
Having just posted to this thread, I expected to see the thread under "Thomas---My Posts". But it isn't showing up there.

I don't see why Jespah would dislike the font. The font I see is the same I have always seen.

Thomas

Reply Thu 10 Feb, 2011 04:30 pm
@sozobe,
Sozobe and Cycloptichorn---thanks!

ossobuco

Reply Thu 10 Feb, 2011 04:30 pm
No reply to all on this thread, but I'm not so sure I care if that shows in Groups.

On the font, and mine being just fine, there are no quirks with it - I should have mentioned I have Safari as a browser, Mac OS 10.5.8

On the colors, this brings up the old question re if we would pay to have ability to choose our own colors. Since I said yes on that, I'm less able to pay, but I'd change my mind anyway since I really like the new color tweaking a great deal. Completely comfortable and comforting for me. The bluish gray frame helps a lot. I love the subtle color diffs for things like the pale green "We lost the last site design..." notice (still love the hamster included with the note) and the warmer gray of the able2know-my topics my posts new topics new posts avatar band. All good.

sozobe

Reply Thu 10 Feb, 2011 04:31 pm
@Thomas,
I'm not certain but I think it's the same for me too. Definitely not something I notice as unpleasant. I think it might be a browser thing (I'm on Safari).

Cycloptichorn

Reply Thu 10 Feb, 2011 04:32 pm
@ossobuco,
ossobuco wrote:

No reply to all on this thread, but I'm not so sure I care if that shows in Groups.

Actually there is - it's at the bottom of the page. It just says 'Reply' but if you hover your mouse over, the text box labels it as 'Reply to All.'

Quote:
On the font, and mine being just fine, there are no quirks with it - I should have mentioned I have Safari as a browser, Mac OS 10.5.8

On the colors, this brings up the old question re if we would pay to have ability to choose our own colors. Since I said yes on that, I'm less able to pay, but I'd change my mind anyway since I really like the new color tweaking a great deal. Completely comfortable and comforting for me.

I don't really see the text font any differently. I wonder if it's not a psychological trick regarding the overall redesign of the site.

Cycloptichorn

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/16/2024 at 04:03:38