Why did God create humans?

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

lazymon

Reply Sat 1 May, 2010 06:45 pm
@NecromanticSin,
I think we "think" God listens when he helps us through certain things which we had been asking Him through prayer.

For me, I was 18 and had a speech problem. I fell very ill and gave in to asking with "all my heart" in prayer to God for help. He had never seemed to help me before with this problem and I had a very unusual high-school career. I did not want to struggle with the same thing going into college!

So I asked God and truly believed that he would help. I got what I asked for and God helped me to change my speech so that I sounded more like a normal person. The problem was that my speech problem was only a result of a more serious mental disease that I never knew existed until after I failed out at college. Thanks God! I still can't figure out why God is so mean to me. You would think that he knew this was going to happen!

Pepijn Sweep

Reply Sun 2 May, 2010 03:54 am
@lazymon,
God aswered your prayer. Pray carefully next time make no mistakes.
But you did not know about your illness... Never noticed anything till you were 18 ?

---------- Post added 05-02-2010 at 03:00 AM ----------

Did a god create humans ? There are so many stories it is hard to tell the thrut. Facts are huminity has it's common background and a common future. Now lets behave more and plunder the Holy Scriptures and Temples to find a last bit of Believe, Hope & Love for Each Other.

haribol acharya

Reply Sun 2 May, 2010 06:24 am
@Pepijn Sweep,
In fact this is a great question of which nobody has an answer and maybe we are in a dream. God is a question and a solution too and I find God' s existence totally inexplicable. Our logic will fail and so will rational mind to comprehend the nature of God. Maybe we have to be a God to understand the nature of God.

Maybe we have to be a great devotee to understand God' s nature and to find our answer to the question of why God created humans.

In fact it is a very big question. We do not know whether there is a purpose beyond the creation of the universe. In fact speaking from a scientific perspective there is no purpose at all and there is no predetermination.

We have no clue to the existence of God other than what wee have read about God in our books of theology or mythology

The explanation about God' s existence cannot be proved yet we can disprove it either. In fact no scientists can claim to know about the exact position of the universe

hamilton

Reply Mon 4 Apr, 2011 06:45 pm
@NecromanticSin,
NecromanticSin wrote:

I just got done reading Genesis, and I plan to make my way into Exodus next. So far I have gathered, God is a prick by my standards. The amount of lying, stealing, brother aganist brother, one using their servent as a baby making machine when the wife cannot have children,and even alittle bit of incest was thrown into the mix. This has only provoked more questions as I was assuming it would.

One of the questions being, why did God create humans in the first place?

sorry if this disrespects you reading the bible and all, but in norse mythology, its believed that humans were created to worship gods. i guess that being loved by perfect people (angels) was not nearly as challenging or self fulfilling as god would have liked, and decided that humans would be a better choice.

Whatsignificant

Reply Sat 9 Apr, 2011 12:52 pm
@hamilton,
To be MORE empowered to choose and achieve MORE objectives is to have MORE options, and MORE capabilities..

{FREEDOM} = {BEING ALIVE} = {HAVING options and capabilities} = { being empowered}

MORE FREEDOM = { MORE options, and MORE capabilities}={MORE LIFE}

{having no options and no capabilities} = {totally un-empowered} = {total lack of freedom}={DEAD}

SEEK LIFE, GIVE LIFE..

If we seek each others FREEDOM/LIFE/EMPOWERMENT the we will EACH have MORE FREEDOM/LIFE/EMPOWERMENT than if we had done otherwise..

This is the foundation of the logic and reasoning of how to determine and to realize(discover new) laws/rules/regulations/systems which are RIGHT...

Whatsignificant

Reply Sat 9 Apr, 2011 01:13 pm
@NecromanticSin,
LOGOS

You are not entitled to “your” opinion, you are entitled to “an opinion”

You are entitled to fail or succeed according to the TRUTH/LIES in your mind..

You are entitled to seek truth, act according to it, and fail or succeed in accomplishing your objectives..

Your ability to realize truth is dependent on “the rightness of your conception of reality”

Reasoning is not to “decide” for yourselves what is TRUE, it is to “distinguish” what is KNOWN from what is UNKNOWN..

The essence of LOGIC/LOGOS/TRUTH is “Contrary Objectives CANNOT be accomplished”

“A House that stands against itself, cannot stand”

“If the words of reasoning conclude that you abandon all reasoning, let the first to be abandoned be the reasoning of those words.” - Marc Rose.

hamilton

Reply Sat 9 Apr, 2011 04:46 pm
@Whatsignificant,
there is one flaw with your comment. you assume that we have free will. if there is a god that is omniseeing, omnipotent and good-willed, then why should he risk the fate of humanity in its own corrupt hands?

dpmartin

Reply Thu 4 Apr, 2013 02:34 pm
@NecromanticSin,
NecromanticSin wrote:

I just got done reading Genesis, and I plan to make my way into Exodus next. So far I have gathered, God is a prick by my standards. The amount of lying, stealing, brother aganist brother, one using their servent as a baby making machine when the wife cannot have children,and even alittle bit of incest was thrown into the mix. This has only provoked more questions as I was assuming it would.

According to the Bible it would be “sons of God”

Luke:3:38: Which was the son of Enos, which was the son of Seth, which was the son of Adam, which was the son of God.

Rom:8:19: For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God.

Rev:21:2: And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.
3: And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God.
4: And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.
5: And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful.
6: And he said unto me, It is done. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life freely.
7: He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son.

Though these quotes are NT but since the statement in

Gen:3:15: And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.

The OT is all about the Lord God fulfilling the promise in (Gen:3:15) which has to be in the world in the flesh of the son of man. Hence the Son of God (the only begotten of God) in the flesh (son of man)

As far as your references to cruelty and the like, note that it is man who did these things not God. Many mistaken God’s Judgements as if it were of man, rather then His Judgements are for man. You must remember that man agreed and trusted the lie of the serpent, and not the Judgement for them to remain in the Garden. So we being born in to the world via the flesh receive the life Adam and Eve had, but the Lord God overcame the problem by coming into the flesh and giving the Life He has that we may receive the same by being born of His Spirit. Hence the restoration unto the original plan.

Cyclops

Reply Sun 30 Jun, 2013 05:36 pm
Why did God create humans?

Because there was not enough suffering in the universe and something had to be done about it. Creating humans was a stroke of genius. Problem solved in an instant! Now we have suffering galore. Let's all revel in it!

Are there any humans here who would like to present themselves for a luncheon with me? I'm hungry all the time. Bring some mustard over. I like meat well done, with a generous spread of mustard.

cats4kiss

Reply Mon 13 Jan, 2014 03:24 pm
First of all you must ask yourself if GOD could Know everything about everything there is to know. - If that is a yes, then God already knew we would fail and fall into sin. So now the question is why? Does God love us? Are we all Gods children? If that is a yes... Then maybe God Knew he'd have to explain to every child that they would fall short of the pureness of God and can't be next to him. I'd bet every child would say "No Father! I'd NEVER fail you!"
But already knowing this too... and loving everyone of us... He made earth so we could see for our self. But he does love us and wants us with him... so he made a way to wash this sin away from us so we can be in his pure light.
So does GOD love us? Does God speak to the childrens hearts that he loves?
Does Your Heart REALLY want to know Gods Love?
If there could only be some way, or some clues, or some people or person that could show us "The Way", "The Light"... To get back to our Heavenly Father that loves each and everyone of us?
Did God really Know us befor we were born? The number of hairs we have on our head?
Could GOD really be that POWERFUL???
Does your heart feel lost or empty like something is missing?
Could that be God?

cats4kiss

Reply Mon 13 Jan, 2014 03:39 pm
@hamilton,
Maybe, just maybe... we all are children of God. Maybe we children of God have to take human form to learn something God wants us to know?
Did God know us befor we were born? Does know the number of hairs on your head? Why would God even go threw all this? Could it be Love?
What would you do or go threw for your children?

RushPoint

Reply Thu 20 Feb, 2014 07:16 am
"Why did GOD create humans?" is not a valid question in todays day and age! maybe 300 years ago but no longer relevant!
in effort to understand my point one must realize that as little as 2 or 3 hundred years ago we did not have an understanding of science and physics like we do today, we did not understand the universe or even ourselves when the stories in the bible were written! these metaphorical messages fit a time when the earth was flat and everything rotated/evolved around us, the earth was the center of all things being the universe, and the universe sat apon the back of a great tortes! So... with todays understanding of astrophysics and or astronomy we understand that our galaxy has over 100 to 400 billion stars within it, that's a rather large number and you have to ask yourself, could there be another planet like ours or one that would have any forms of life on it? you would have to believe it possible! the odds are yes! there has to be other forms of life out there! so, 100 to 400 billion stars in our galaxy! recently with Hubble's deep field imagery we have discovered the universe is much bigger than we could have ever imagined, we always new there other galaxies out there but we never really knew or understood exactly how many, some thought there could be a few million, some believed there to be hundreds of millions, as it turns out, there are over 100 to 500 billion galaxies in the "Known universe) or visible universe!

lets put this into perspective, over 100 billion galaxies each containing between 100 and 400 billion stars! There are more stars in the cosmos than there are grains of sand on earth! Numbers in the sextillions are simply not comprehensible to us! So, to think we are the only life forms in the universe would be a much harder to believe then that of the contrary.

The question would not be "Why did GOD create man?" but "why did God create life?, here on earth and quite likely throughout the cosmos!"

my answer, the universe is a vast and wondrous place, full of beauty and complexity, from the tiny sub atomic universe to the cosmos itself, I believe God created life in the universe to share this incredible creation, we are here to learn, we are here to love, we are here to share in life the knowledge of all things being! we will not die and go to heaven, we are already in heaven! and what a wonderful place it is!

hassanelagouz

Reply Sat 1 Mar, 2014 11:51 am
@lazymon,

Life started on the earth when Allah first created the earth and filled it with water, air, different types of food, and what its inhabitants need from clothing, residence, medicine and other things, i.e. He prepared everything man needs, then God created the first man who is Adam from the elements of the earth, then He breathed in him from His spirit and created Eve from him. After He lodged them in paradise to see different types of favor and bounties God prepared for righteous people from his offspring, He willed that they come down to the earth to inhabit it.
So the aim of their life on the earth was to dwell it by what Allah likes of useful deeds, good morals and good dealings, they also breed and propagate and teach their children and grandchildren to keep and fulfill their covenant to God by obeying Him, remembering Him, being thankful to Him and worshiping Him properly. Whoever keeps to this, he is the guided and the happy one, God makes his life a good one and makes him happy in the hereafter by His favor in paradise. And whoever disobeys Him and follows his desires and wishes spoiling and corrupting in life and destroying crops and cattle though he knows that God doesn’t like mischief, such man is a disbeliever in God’s bounties and not keeping his covenant to God, so God despises him, scorns him and gets him in Hell on the Day of Judgment to face torture as he is a disbeliever and ungrateful.

hassanelagouz

Reply Mon 3 Mar, 2014 03:14 am
Man has been created in order to worship God: “And I (God) created not the jinn and mankind except that they should worship me (alone)” (Holy Qur’an: 51: 56). The Primary incumbency on man is to know God through His oneness, and thence to worship Him truly. Secondly, man is required to act his role as God’s vicegerent on earth, so as to enjoy bliss both here and hereafter. Indeed, his/her need to acknowledge the supremacy of God exceeds his/her need and drink: “O mankind! It is you who stand in need of God. But God is rich, worthy of all praise” (Holy Qur’an: 35: 15).

God is above the need for man’s worship. He does not benefit from man’s devotion, nor would He be adversely affected by man’s blasphemy. From beginning to end the story of man’s existence on earth, no matter how many are its incidents, is an ordeal, a test, whether for him/her as an individual or for all humanity. Man’s performance in this test determines either his praise and reward or reproof and punishment.

rosshickers

Reply Wed 4 Apr, 2018 04:39 am
Perhaps people are part of some global plan that is about to be realized

HabibUrrehman

Reply Fri 21 Jun, 2019 01:12 pm
@NecromanticSin,
NecromanticSin wrote:

God (Allah) is all knowing. He already know which one of us will end up going to heaven and which one will end up in hell. But if God will do that only based on His knowledge, would you agree with His reward or punishment? I guess, we may be happy if we will end up in heaven but what about those who will end up in hell? They will question why they are in hell?

So God put all humans on earth so that he can test us. As I said that God knows already that where we will end up because he has knowledge of all things. But now we will have no reason to question because anything we do in this life is based on free will. We are free to worship him and we are free to follow our own desire. Let me explain it with an example.

It's like programming. A programmer may know every possible output of the program, but according to the input of a certain user, one will get a certain output. But whatever output the program will show, it is already known by the programmer.

Our life works in a similar way. We have the independence to do what we want to do. And according to the choices, we can lead our lives in infinitely possible ways and all those possibilities are known by Allah. But what we will do, is up to us, and whatever our life turns out to be, it will be one of those infinite amount of possibilities, which is already known by Allah. That is how, our life is not decided by the Almighty, rather whatever we can do with our life, is already known by Him.

NealNealNeal

Reply Wed 27 May, 2020 10:23 pm
God created mankind to glorify Him and enjoy Him forever.

NealNealNeal

Reply Mon 8 Jun, 2020 08:58 pm
Humans were created by God to glorify Him and enjoy Him forever.

Child of Monica

Reply Sun 16 Jan, 2022 09:02 am
@NecromanticSin,
Well, I predict you will die that way, and that is fair.
You have a very closed mind. And you didn't read Genesis, I am sure, for you would've noticed the most important sentence in Genesis:

As for you, you meant evil against me, but God meant it for good, to bring it about that many people should be kept alive, as they are today.

Child of Monica

Reply Sun 16 Jan, 2022 09:04 am
@lazymon,
You might have the punishment of prayer __ I would be wary of posting put-downs of God and still praying
"More tears are shed over answered prayers than unanswered ones" Saint Teresa of Ávila,

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/26/2024 at 10:46:46