Why did God create humans?

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Night Ripper
 
Reply Fri 16 Apr, 2010 11:26 am
@trismegisto,
trismegisto;152832 wrote:
Science requires just as much faith and yet sheeple blindly accept almost anything a scientist tells them.


So you really think that science, which gave us computers, cell phones, GPS, television, etc, etc... is really on equal footing with religion? It's hard to see how science requires faith when science "just works".
 
trismegisto
 
Reply Fri 16 Apr, 2010 12:14 pm
@Night Ripper,
Night Ripper;152843 wrote:
So you really think that science, which gave us computers, cell phones, GPS, television, etc, etc... is really on equal footing with religion? It's hard to see how science requires faith when science "just works".


That's the beauty of faith. It seems like truth. The fact is, that most people believe in the existence of atoms having never witnessed one. Sure they could go through the steps to see what scientists claim to be atoms, but without years of study they have no real idea of what they are seeing unless guided by an authority.

I think the biggest example of how science requires faith is the fact that science tells us that matter as no mass and yet, clearly that is not the case. So, scientists invented a magical being they call the Higgs Boson. And the Higgs boson goes around and uses its special wand to cover matter in fairy dust and this then gives it mass. and everybody is supposed to accept the existence of this magical being on faith alone.

Sure the scientists say they are gonna show us their deity but have they? Nope, and still we keep placing our faith in their high priests waiting for coming of their god.

(does it matter that they call their magical god a field instead of a being? Nope, fantasy is still fantasy)

By the way, it was religion that gave us all those things you listed, Science is a product of religion. You cannot give credit to anything science has done without giving credit first to religion for creating science.
 
Pyrrho
 
Reply Fri 16 Apr, 2010 01:04 pm
@HexHammer,
HexHammer;152822 wrote:
1) seems you don't really have any knowledge of the bible



What a funny thing to say, when I have pointed you to where it says exactly what I say it says!


HexHammer;152822 wrote:
2) you speak like an UFO sighter, disregarding means of simple definitions because of your forced belive in other values and definitions.



What nonsense.


HexHammer;152822 wrote:
3) I will put you on ignore, since I won't waste time arguing with such lvl of arugmentation.



Coming from you, that is a complement. Thank you! I hope more people who spout nonsense will do likewise.
 
Wisdom Seeker
 
Reply Fri 16 Apr, 2010 01:11 pm
@NecromanticSin,
Why people tell things farther and farther on the thread,
do telling things out of the topic is also part of the tread
then what is the sense of having a category?
is there a philosophy on what they tell?
my question is stupid, right?
 
Night Ripper
 
Reply Fri 16 Apr, 2010 01:36 pm
@trismegisto,
trismegisto;152860 wrote:
The fact is, that most people believe in the existence of atoms having never witnessed one. Sure they could go through the steps to see what scientists claim to be atoms, but without years of study they have no real idea of what they are seeing unless guided by an authority.


So? There's nothing wrong with trusting certain kinds of authority. There's a huge difference between trusting what a scientific journal tells you and what a religious book tells you. Science is fiercly competitive. If a scientist were to say something wrong, other scientists would love to show that. Religion is about making up whatever story you like. Science is about finding the story that reality shows us, with someone always there to check your work and criticize your methodology.
 
sometime sun
 
Reply Fri 16 Apr, 2010 05:22 pm
@Wisdom Seeker,
Wisdom Seeker;152827 wrote:
Evil is the absence of good
if there is no good, there is evil
evil is also nothingness meaning they are just the absence of fullness.

How can something be evil if it has no cause or purchase?

---------- Post added 04-17-2010 at 12:26 AM ----------

trismegisto;152832 wrote:
sheeple believe anything an authority figure tells them. Especially when the authority claims to have a relation with God, or Science for that matter.

Science requires just as much faith and yet sheeple blindly accept almost anything a scientist tells them.

The fault really lies with the very nature of sheeple.


You do not make clear enough if you think sheeple is an insult or an adoration?
Where doe sit come form and where is it going?
 
Wisdom Seeker
 
Reply Fri 16 Apr, 2010 05:28 pm
@sometime sun,
sometime sun;152987 wrote:
How can something be evil if it has no cause or purchase?


evil is a synonym of emptiness
what does a man who has nothing do?
-seeks something, to fill his nothing.
 
sometime sun
 
Reply Fri 16 Apr, 2010 05:35 pm
@Wisdom Seeker,
Wisdom Seeker;152901 wrote:
Why people tell things farther and farther on the thread,
do telling things out of the topic is also part of the tread
then what is the sense of having a category?
is there a philosophy on what they tell?
my question is stupid, right?

Not really stupid.
A thread is a stage for a unwitten play.
It is improvision,
you dont know where they lead will take your character.
Who knows one day you will be the star and direct at the same time.
Heck we all want the leading roll.

---------- Post added 04-17-2010 at 12:37 AM ----------

Wisdom Seeker;152989 wrote:
evil is a synonym of emptiness
what does a man who has nothing do?
-seeks something, to fill his nothing.

So do you say a crime is empty?
Or would you say crime is not evil?
 
KaseiJin
 
Reply Fri 16 Apr, 2010 06:24 pm
@HexHammer,
HexHammer;152770 wrote:
Let's not sideste this thread with too many atheistic views.

If God already had his angels, why would he create humans, well we too create new things we don't really need, but do it as a hobby.


Let's not leave our better knowledge with the front desk, when we check in, so as to have an excuse when it's 'reality check' time, is what I'd press for. Just look at what has come up afterwards!

The question of this thread, is both linguistically and culturally presupposing the validity of the claim that there actually exists, in external reality (thus not inside the brain of some humans alone {internal reality}), a certain being, YHWH, who created all life forms on earth, and thus by extension, the H. sapiens. That claim, and thus the following question, have been clearly shown to be invalid in substance.

Then, to alter it by suggesting that all human beings are gods, reduces the definition of the word god to that of human, thus destroying the term value of that word, rendering it meaningless. Therefore, to maintain the term value of that English word, we must segregate the two classes, in which case, we cannot say that all humans are gods.
 
trismegisto
 
Reply Fri 16 Apr, 2010 06:24 pm
@Night Ripper,
Night Ripper;152913 wrote:
So? There's nothing wrong with trusting certain kinds of authority. There's a huge difference between trusting what a scientific journal tells you and what a religious book tells you. Science is fiercly competitive. If a scientist were to say something wrong, other scientists would love to show that. Religion is about making up whatever story you like. Science is about finding the story that reality shows us, with someone always there to check your work and criticize your methodology.


Faith is faith no matter where you place it. It still is the choice of believing that which has no evidence.

---------- Post added 04-16-2010 at 05:25 PM ----------

sometime sun;152987 wrote:
You do not make clear enough if you think sheeple is an insult or an adoration?
Where doe sit come form and where is it going?


I don't understand this
 
KaseiJin
 
Reply Fri 16 Apr, 2010 06:27 pm
@trismegisto,
trismegisto;153014 wrote:
Faith is faith no matter where you place it. It still is the choice of believing that which has no evidence.


We must keep in mind that there will be degrees of faith, and the type of faith which does not follow in scientific method, is blind faith; which is the type applied by theist based religious belief-systems.
 
trismegisto
 
Reply Fri 16 Apr, 2010 06:28 pm
@KaseiJin,
KaseiJin;153017 wrote:
We must keep in mind that there will be degrees of faith, and the type of faith which does not follow in scientific method, is blind faith; which is the type applied by theist based religious belief-systems.


Sorry my friend there is but one type of faith and it is always blind. That is the very nature of faith ans what separates it from knowledge.
 
sometime sun
 
Reply Fri 16 Apr, 2010 06:31 pm
@trismegisto,
trismegisto;153014 wrote:

I don't understand this

Is sheeple a good or bad thing?
Where did this concept come from?
 
HexHammer
 
Reply Fri 16 Apr, 2010 06:36 pm
@KaseiJin,
KaseiJin;153013 wrote:
Let's not leave our better knowledge with the front desk, when we check in, so as to have an excuse when it's 'reality check' time, is what I'd press for. Just look at what has come up afterwards!

The question of this thread, is both linguistically and culturally presupposing the validity of the claim that there actually exists, in external reality (thus not inside the brain of some humans alone {internal reality}), a certain being, YHWH, who created all life forms on earth, and thus by extension, the H. sapiens. That claim, and thus the following question, have been clearly shown to be invalid in substance.

Then, to alter it by suggesting that all human beings are gods, reduces the definition of the word god to that of human, thus destroying the term value of that word, rendering it meaningless. Therefore, to maintain the term value of that English word, we must segregate the two classes, in which case, we cannot say that all humans are gods.
Could you please put it i layman terms? Your point escapes me with excessive use of metaphors.
 
trismegisto
 
Reply Fri 16 Apr, 2010 06:40 pm
@sometime sun,
sometime sun;153019 wrote:
Is sheeple a good or bad thing?
Where did this concept come from?


sheeple are those who have a herd mentality and simply follow where they are led without asking why.

I do not know who coined the phrase.
 
KaseiJin
 
Reply Fri 16 Apr, 2010 06:49 pm
@trismegisto,
trismegisto;153018 wrote:
Sorry my friend there is but one type of faith and it is always blind. That is the very nature of faith ans what separates it from knowledge.


This is, in fact, incorrect. In checking out the different nuances of the word as used in various contexts within the English language, we find that there are different 'senses,' thus levels, of meaning of this term. This, is a fact.

Yes, HexHammer, I will try, although I'm afraid it'll need some background knowledge firstly, therefore, let me please ask what you know about YHWH, first, and then about god-models next, please?
 
HexHammer
 
Reply Fri 16 Apr, 2010 06:54 pm
@KaseiJin,
KaseiJin;153027 wrote:
Yes, HexHammer, I will try, although I'm afraid it'll need some background knowledge firstly, therefore, let me please ask what you know about YHWH, first, and then about god-models next, please?
It's the jiddish for what we in latin put Jehova/Ihova.
 
sometime sun
 
Reply Fri 16 Apr, 2010 06:56 pm
@trismegisto,
trismegisto;153021 wrote:
sheeple are those who have a herd mentality and simply follow where they are led without asking why.

I do not know who coined the phrase.

You have not said if this mentality is a bad or a good thing?
 
trismegisto
 
Reply Fri 16 Apr, 2010 07:04 pm
@KaseiJin,
KaseiJin;153027 wrote:
This is, in fact, incorrect. In checking out the different nuances of the word as used in various contexts within the English language, we find that there are different 'senses,' thus levels, of meaning of this term. This, is a fact.


I am afraid you are wrong. But as with most, I am sure I cannot shake your FAITH in this belief.

---------- Post added 04-16-2010 at 06:07 PM ----------

sometime sun;153031 wrote:
You have not said if this mentality is a bad or a good thing?


it depends on whether or not you prefer to know or believe.
 
altruist80
 
Reply Fri 16 Apr, 2010 07:30 pm
@Wisdom Seeker,
Wisdom Seeker;152690 wrote:
because of his over flowing love he needs a container and that is the humans

what's the use of power who has no use?
=he created us to give his power some use

without use --> non-sense


LOL... Wisdom seeker just said in 3 lines what it took me a whole page to say. Kudos.
 
 

 
Copyright © 2022 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 07/07/2022 at 06:52:40